criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

(My) Fan-Made Battlefront II Trailer [WIP]

All of this was recorded with the share button on my PS4, and made in ShareFactory - not the best thing for editing videos, but eh.

Things Im hoping to do/improve:

Better clip-to-clip/volume change transitions... though I think thats a natural thing with ShareFactory, it seems to happen whether I want it to or not, but I can try to fix it.
A few clip replacements
A better ending - it sounds kinda weird and unnatural, caused by the fact I cant overlap two different music tracks (though I miigghhhttt have a way to fix that). I really hate the ending tbh :/
Add a few Palpatine/Iden voice lines to give it more perspective/story
Use more of the song - I have about another minute of song that I didn't use, so I can add more clips etc in that time to make it longer.
"The question," she replied, "Is not whether you will love, hurt, dream, and die. It is what you will love, why you will hurt, when you will dream, and how you will die. This is your choice. You cannot pick the destination, only the path." - Oathbringer.

Replies

• t3hBar0n
    4325 posts Member
    Nice work! That stuff takes a while to get right. Only things I would say is that as you note the audio levels are not smooth between clips, but more particularly the dialogue audio seems a bit too low in relation to the music audio making the dialogue a bit washed out sometimes. Got me a bit hyped though, nice.

• Seastorm
    271 posts Member
    Cool trailer! Love the music! But as t3hBar0n said, you need to work a little bit in the audio levels. Still great, tho! ;)
  • I noticed after I had uploaded it to YouTube it sounded a little bad on my PC. I definitely need to fix that also :) Thank you guys!
    "The question," she replied, "Is not whether you will love, hurt, dream, and die. It is what you will love, why you will hurt, when you will dream, and how you will die. This is your choice. You cannot pick the destination, only the path." - Oathbringer.
  • Empire_TW
    3474 posts Member
    Very nice, what is the name of the song if you don't mind sharing? It captured the same vibe the official trailer had which was very nice.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    0ngdu2c86fq1.png
    PSN: Empire_TW

• Very nice trailer, good work :)
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Very nice, what is the name of the song if you don't mind sharing? It captured the same vibe the official trailer had which was very nice.

The song is moonlight sonata B)
  • mastery0ta
    4858 posts Member
    Nice! Some ps4 love on here
  • LaurenXIV
    442 posts Member
    edited June 30
    Empire_TW wrote: »

Its a cover of Beethoven's piano sonata no.14, AKA Moonlight Sonata, by Hidden Citizens :)

After listening to it on Epic Music World, I purchased it on Google Play :) I love Epic Music World, they have really great music that I listen to while I try to write things, and great music for trailers :)

Here is the full song:

They have also done more Beethoven covers, if youre interested :)

This is probably my (non-moonlight sonata) favorite:

• Wow this is great!
    feel the force Sombering Jace
  • T0TALfps
    1162 posts EA Community Manager
    I'm a little late to this, the fact that you had created this from clips on the PS4 and through Share Factory is rather commendable, very very well done with this. Some of the first couple of clips gave me a really odd Mass Effect 3 vibe to it and now I am listening to this awesome track once again, cause, feels.

PS; I had noticed the necro bump, although June > August is perfectly fine.
    beq77m6aitvn.png
    EA Community Coordinator, Battlefield & Battlefront
    Twitter - Board Guidelines
    // Some of my posts may not represent the opinions of EA or DICE.
  • T0TALfps wrote: »
    I'm a little late to this, the fact that you had created this from clips on the PS4 and through Share Factory is rather commendable, very very well done with this. Some of the first couple of clips gave me a really odd Mass Effect 3 vibe to it and now I am listening to this awesome track once again, cause, feels.

PS; I had noticed the necro bump, although June > August is perfectly fine.

Thank you so much, its really nice of you to say!

Coincidentally, Im a big fan of the Mass Effect series :) Leaving Earth is such a great soundtrack, Id say overall Mass Effect 2 and 3 have the best soundtracks Ive encountered in gaming :)

Slightly off-topic, but I made something similar for Mass Effect Andromeda. It was above a year ago, back when I was more inexperienced with ShareFactory (and the audio balancing issues are even worse *facepalm* I need to fix them), but still.
  • This was pretty dang awesome, Lauren! I really enjoyed it.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Really impressive - great work. How about including some clips of game footage to help ramp up the tension towards the end?