criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

HvsV targeting system is bad

- When youre alone fighting enemies and become the Target. 4 vs 1 thats mostly instant point for enemy.

- If teammates were killed, they spawn in edges of map (atleast far away) and you become Target, no time for them to reach (help, defend) you. Or times to get out of danger.

- In a duel fight, because targeting is random I guess, sometimes you almost killed enemy but he becomes Target = full health again. So you still loose or he gets away or whatever else.

In other words the system shouldnt be this random. Only select Target when most players spawned back or are close to eachother. Atleast not this way where you cant even do something about the situation!
My priority list:

1. Fix Split screen mode bugs
2. Fix bugs
3. Bigger play area for Duel mode
4. More love for Starfighter modes
5. First Person only mode

Replies

• bfloo
    16097 posts Member
    With the way some people play, the getting the team close together will never happen.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• It is really a ***** system.

Incidentally also the biggest case -FOR- a kick function to be added to HvV, when the target at the start, rushes straight to the enemy spawn, rather than sticking with his people, or setting up a defendable location.

A new target shouldn't spawn until all 4 members are alive and within a, say, 20 yard radius of each other.

Or something. I don't really know how one would fix that system tbh; But I do know that the current format is garbage.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • Add this to the list of problems: Right as I get thrown off a ledge the player about to become target dies, and I will suddenly become the target. With no countdown. While already falling to my death.

This has happened more than once and is completely unacceptable.

Another issue is that I sometimes don't regain my health if I become target while being attacked.
  • Outrider wrote: »
    Add this to the list of problems: Right as I get thrown off a ledge the player about to become target dies, and I will suddenly become the target. With no countdown. While already falling to my death.

This has happened more than once and is completely unacceptable.

Another issue is that I sometimes don't regain my health if I become target while being attacked.

At launch you would always have a 10 second warning no matter what. It did cause issues if one team was exponentially better than the other as one team could keep wiping the other and no target would be picked as the crap team could die too quickly - I found this to be a rare occurrence but I think it’s the reason they changed it - with the way it is now when playing with pugs it is a brutal mechanic but if you are communicating it’s not a big deal
  • At launch you would always have a 10 second warning no matter what. It did cause issues if one team was exponentially better than the other as one team could keep wiping the other and no target would be picked as the **** team could die too quickly - I found this to be a rare occurrence but I think it’s the reason they changed it - with the way it is now when playing with pugs it is a brutal mechanic but if you are communicating it’s not a big deal

Becoming a target without the countdown is understandable, but I wish the game were smart enough not to make me target with no countdown when I am already dying.

I'd love it if communication were possible, but on consoles it's only possible if you play with friends.
  • GrimKimmer
    23 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Outrider wrote: »
    At launch you would always have a 10 second warning no matter what. It did cause issues if one team was exponentially better than the other as one team could keep wiping the other and no target would be picked as the **** team could die too quickly - I found this to be a rare occurrence but I think it’s the reason they changed it - with the way it is now when playing with pugs it is a brutal mechanic but if you are communicating it’s not a big deal

Becoming a target without the countdown is understandable, but I wish the game were smart enough not to make me target with no countdown when I am already dying.

I'd love it if communication were possible, but on consoles it's only possible if you play with friends.

I'm an Xbox user: Communication helps a lot in regards to becoming the target - usually I'm teamed up with my hubby and we'll let each other know if we're the new intended target which then prompts the other to come over for assistance. I know it's not ideal when you're not grouped up. Take a chance, reach-out to the ones that you're teamed up with and see if they'd be willing to use voice chat. If they say "no" no big deal, good luck to them.
    If they say "yes" make sure you have a mute button so I don't have to hear you taking a hit off the bong. LOL or vice versa.
  • hatreds_wrath
    433 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    It's a garbage mechanic. I think something that would alleviate the problem a bit is if the target didn't change after death. On numerous occasions Ive been the Insta-target multiple times in a row just because my team was bad and kept dying before the countdown. Or worse, you get teammates that kill themselves just to not be the target. And of course, at that point, I'm completely surrounded by the enemy team.

Let me add that it is exploitable as well if you time it correctly. For example, if you took out 3 of the enemy team, you know already the last person alive will be the target so just keep them alive until the countdown ends.
  • Get rid of it, first team to 25 kills wins.
  • DaxStorm wrote: »
    Get rid of it, first team to 25 kills wins.

No that removes teamplay and all
    My priority list:

1. Fix Split screen mode bugs
    2. Fix bugs
    3. Bigger play area for Duel mode
    4. More love for Starfighter modes
    5. First Person only mode
  • DaxStorm
    570 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    DaxStorm wrote: »
    Get rid of it, first team to 25 kills wins.

No that removes teamplay and all

I disagree, a team that sticks together will still do better than a solo player and how often do players stick together now! Plenty of threads about that problem :D
  • ArthritisEye
    165 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Meh, bespin is a really good example of why it sucks. If you die you get spawned waaaaaay on the other side of the map.

I think even changing this to a point system will just turn it into a giant moshpit.

I'd really like Hero Hunt back, make it 8v8 with 4 people as troopers on each team.