criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

So, uh... Cheaper heroes?

Prev1
If you guys look at the new community transmission, you will see that they plan to reduce the cost of heroes as a replacement of the 2x multiplier. What was 8000 is now 6500, and what was 6000 is now 4500. How do you feel about this?

I don't know how to feel, because I have a love hate relationship with heroes. I never used 2x to get heroes. Does this mean more people waiting in the menu for a chance to select one?
moenr1cb9t4w.jpg

Replies

• WodiQuix
    4506 posts Member
    Can't wait to see what phase 3 on Naboo is going to look like...

Oh my. :s
  • Looks like I will be able to get them earlier in the stage along with everyone else. Woot?

• bfloo wrote: »
    It means the top players who hog them will have an easier time getting them.

It's EA hovering a finger over the Killswitch?

• I'm okay with all the reinforcements dropping in cost but didn't see a need for the hero prices to be lowered. The people that get heroes the fastest will just get them faster and be able to hold them longer. I play with them sparingly, so it's not a huge deal to me but new players coming in will have the idea that they will be easier to get which will probably be the opposite in actuality.
  • More I think about... mid-tier players who play well early on will have the chance to be a hero early since 4500 can be attained quite quickly.

Sometimes it’s harder for mid-tier players to play good during the whole match, but at least initially they can get a hero easier. #positivity?
  • I am good with it.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • A terrible thoughtless decision, this won't change who gets heroes first, will make heroes come out faster, and break the Wookiees even further. This will probably be the last nail in the coffin for GA.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • It gives new players a chance to get a hero instead of waiting the entire match for a hero
  • It gives new players a chance to get a hero instead of waiting the entire match for a hero

No it doesn't, the same people are just gonna get the heroes faster.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    It gives new players a chance to get a hero instead of waiting the entire match for a hero

No it doesn't, the same people are just gonna get the heroes faster.

Well we will have to see when it arrives
  • AzorAhai
    1301 posts Member
    Maybe people will become more accepting of heroes as they stand. I mean, we shouldn't be satisfied with broken abilities (Darth Maul lightsaber throw), but we do not need Heal on Kill cards for every hero, or for Yoda and Maul to be able to block.
  • Wow...so GA assault will once again turn into HEROfront. It's just turning into an overblown version of BF2015s Heroes vs Villains.

Can this new "big mode" PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE not have any freaking Heros in it? This game is just turning into tank battles with all of these Heros, Enforcements and vehicles all over the place.
  • Well the x2 is gone so they had to make the hero bp less, makes scene to me.
    PSN- CnastyOneTime
  • Versatti
    1941 posts Member
    Don’t worry it’ll be fixed in the December patch when Dice allow for duplicate heroes on the battlefield. The eventual goal being a 20 v 20 Hero-a-thon!
  • Well the x2 is gone so they had to make the hero bp less, makes scene to me.

Except, even when 2x wasn't working, I still saw players grabbing Heroes in phase one....it was just REALLY nice not seeing them so early in phase one and it gave the infantry a leveled chance of taking or defending the objective. Now it's back to seeing Rey jump in in the first 3 minutes and clobbering the objective...and everyone is once again busy and distracted trying to take down "hero tanks" which will be replenished as soon as they're taken down.

DICE does not play their own game.
  • Well they have 4 new heroes coming out as well so maybe want it a bit easier to get them early.
    PSN- CnastyOneTime
  • WodiQuix
    4506 posts Member
    Well the x2 is gone so they had to make the hero bp less, makes scene to me.

Except, even when 2x wasn't working, I still saw players grabbing Heroes in phase one....it was just REALLY nice not seeing them so early in phase one and it gave the infantry a leveled chance of taking or defending the objective. Now it's back to seeing Rey jump in in the first 3 minutes and clobbering the objective...and everyone is once again busy and distracted trying to take down "hero tanks" which will be replenished as soon as they're taken down.

DICE does not play their own game.

Agreed. It is very frustrating for an infantry player. And like you said, once a Hero is taken down, another can spawn immediately. Infantry players will now have to focus almost exclusively on the Heroes, instead of the actual objectives.
  • WodiQuix
    4506 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Well they have 4 new heroes coming out as well so maybe want it a bit easier to get them early.

Well my point is...getting them "too early" is what ruins GA. ANYONE can jump into HvV and pick who they want and immediately start playing them, why does it have to be like that in a large scale "infantry " mode?

Agreed, and the fact there are so many. 8 is excessive.
  • Eh, if darth maul and han solo and plenty of the rest are never going to be fixed, and remain broken, then I have no issue with Dice letting me now spam them to no end. This is a decent compromise if Heal on kill and other needed buffs are going to be ignored.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    I for one am excited to get heroes faster, it'll be like the older games where heroes are a part of the game most of the time rather than only the latter half
  • Clone201
    3679 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    It gives new players a chance to get a hero instead of waiting the entire match for a hero

It doesn't. Everyone gets them faster, so the new lesser skilled players will still fall behind.
    Well they have 4 new heroes coming out as well so maybe want it a bit easier to get them early.

Nah, they did it because they wanted to compensate for the loss of the 2x multiplier, in which hasn't been working for a while.

Can this new "big mode" PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE not have any freaking Heros in it? This game is just turning into tank battles with all of these Heros, Enforcements and vehicles all over the place.

+1
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • It’s ridiculous how they’re lowering the cost of everything, but not eliminating the Battle point gain from Officer’s Presence.

My thoughts exactly. I mean, I kinda like playing as heroes, but I hate how I have such a huge target on my head. But I do genuinely like playing as the officer. I would build up TONS of bp, even if I had no plans to use them.

On another note: Not only did the Senate NOT get a proper nerf, but now we are going to be seeing a LOT more of him. With the CW season coming up, and Palps now costing 4500 bp, the new trooper skins serve as nothing more than a change of scenery for Palps as he chain lightnings you and your buddies. Hey AT-ST haters: Not only is the ion torpedo getting a nerf, but now there will be a lot more AT-STs. Bossk's mines at every corner. Rey offering non-stop insight. A constant red streak as Maul zips from one side of the map to the other. Non-stop booming of thermal imploders.

This is going to be the last nail in the coffin that turns GA into a super HvV, with trooper fodder to make the hero players feel like they are really skilled or something.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • bfloo
    14747 posts Member
    It’s ridiculous how they’re lowering the cost of everything, but not eliminating the Battle point gain from Officer’s Presence.

My thoughts exactly. I mean, I kinda like playing as heroes, but I hate how I have such a huge target on my head. But I do genuinely like playing as the officer. I would build up TONS of bp, even if I had no plans to use them.

On another note: Not only did the Senate NOT get a proper nerf, but now we are going to be seeing a LOT more of him. With the CW season coming up, and Palps now costing 4500 bp, the new trooper skins serve as nothing more than a change of scenery for Palps as he chain lightnings you and your buddies. Hey AT-ST haters: Not only is the ion torpedo getting a nerf, but now there will be a lot more AT-STs. Bossk's mines at every corner. Rey offering non-stop insight. A constant red streak as Maul zips from one side of the map to the other. Non-stop booming of thermal imploders.

This is going to be the last nail in the coffin that turns GA into a super HvV, with trooper fodder to make the hero players feel like they are really skilled or something.

GA is going to die out after the new mode comes out anyway.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    It kind of makes sense tbf, although that doesn't necessarily mean I like or agree with it - I just see why they've done it. I'm not going to say that if it'll work or just break the game just yet, as I haven't played with it active (I mean, the update's not out yet).
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • If they want to make heroes easier to obtain, they should also make it easier to lose them, such as by removing HOK cards.

Don't worry, elitist players. As you always like to say, good players will be able to keep a hero alive longer than an average player can.
  • If they want to make heroes easier to obtain, they should also make it easier to lose them, such as by removing HOK cards.

Don't worry, elitist players. As you always like to say, good players will be able to keep a hero alive longer than an average player can.

No.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• I wouldn’t mind if they restricted people to one hero per match per player. This would diversify the hero usage and make them even more valuable to have.
  • bfloo
    14747 posts Member
    I wouldn’t mind if they restricted people to one hero per match per player. This would diversify the hero usage and make them even more valuable to have.

This would send the quit rate through the roof.

I'd quit GA as soon as my hero died.

h846398gb27k.png

• If more people start camping the spawn screen to try and get a hero, that will be more annoying than seeing them earlier in the phase. I can see the later phases being the heroes and about 6 troopers while people who rarely got to play as heroes before now sit on the spawn screen.

Maybe some kind of spawn screen timer? Nothing ridiculous, as I get sometimes people need to run to do something quickly, but maybe the same amount of time that it kicks you for being AFK? Only instead of kicking you out, you get spawned back in as the last trooper class you were playing?
  • bfloo
    14747 posts Member
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    If more people start camping the spawn screen to try and get a hero, that will be more annoying than seeing them earlier in the phase. I can see the later phases being the heroes and about 6 troopers while people who rarely got to play as heroes before now sit on the spawn screen.

Maybe some kind of spawn screen timer? Nothing ridiculous, as I get sometimes people need to run to do something quickly, but maybe the same amount of time that it kicks you for being AFK? Only instead of kicking you out, you get spawned back in as the last trooper class you were playing?

That would just punish the attacking team bleeding tickets as they hit respawn and start the process over again.

h846398gb27k.png

• Nothing will change, except they'll come out slightly sooner.

The good players will carry a team to victory.

The bad players will get slaughtered like the scrubs they are.

The cowards, who incidentally, are also the strongest case for a kick function, will hide behind corners and contribute nothing all match.

Despite the dramatic screaming on the forums, GA will remain the same mode it's always been.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • More I think about... mid-tier players who play well early on will have the chance to be a hero early since 4500 can be attained quite quickly.

Sometimes it’s harder for mid-tier players to play good during the whole match, but at least initially they can get a hero easier. #positivity?

Exactly. Can't tell you how many times I finally get a chance to grab Palps and as soon as the action starts, the round is over Victory or Defeat.
  • TjPunx
    1415 posts Member
    At least we won’t have to PTO, and can rack up killstreaks
  • Just make galactic assault 20vs20 heroes at this point.
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • Goomas wrote: »
    More I think about... mid-tier players who play well early on will have the chance to be a hero early since 4500 can be attained quite quickly.

Exactly. Can't tell you how many times I finally get a chance to grab Palps and as soon as the action starts, the round is over Victory or Defeat.

But your chance (at least in theory) of getting a hero will not increase with this change, because the better players will also benefit from the cost reduction and ultimately still get the heroes earlier than you.
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    Nothing will change, except they'll come out slightly sooner.

The good players will carry a team to victory.

The bad players will get slaughtered like the scrubs they are.

The cowards, who incidentally, are also the strongest case for a kick function, will hide behind corners and contribute nothing all match.

Despite the dramatic screaming on the forums, GA will remain the same mode it's always been.

*waits for conquest*
    kay4dnh923zs.png
  • It’s ridiculous how they’re lowering the cost of everything, but not eliminating the Battle point gain from Officer’s Presence.

Ah perfect. The dev's actually doing something right for once. FINALLY. Minus the Ion torpedo nerf.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • bfloo wrote: »
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    If more people start camping the spawn screen to try and get a hero, that will be more annoying than seeing them earlier in the phase. I can see the later phases being the heroes and about 6 troopers while people who rarely got to play as heroes before now sit on the spawn screen.

That would just punish the attacking team bleeding tickets as they hit respawn and start the process over again.

Ok fair point, but how would you suggest to fix the problem? Because it is a problem. Just like the hero token camps were in bf15. It's super frustrating to suddenly be on a team where half of them won't play.
  • rollind24
    5338 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Edit/ Deleted all after context was read
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • I love the fact that EA is making heroes cheaper. In GA i spend my entire time trying to get a hero and finally after about 2mins i get enough points, but somebody is already stealing my hero, leaving me broken....
    b8dbtkudgr7e.gif
    I used to be Bobs_Fett366, but I got a username change.
    #rey #Kyloren #TheLastJedi #TheForceAwakens