criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

My Favourite Forum User Categories...

Have been poking around on the forums for a long time, reading a lot of opinions and it's been quite enjoyable, often humorous...
Thought for a bit of my own amusement I'd put together a list of some of my favourite forum user categories... I probably slot into multiple of these!
This is not intended to offend anyone. If you are offended though, maybe just have a think about it.
Feel free to add more...

Just a bit of fun


Not Bragging, Bragging:
“Does anyone know why (insert something irrelevant)… *Queue the clip of this player with a large killstreak and something irrelevant happens to add this into thread. “Just wanted to show you this footage of… oh, wait… what?, I was on an 80+ killstreak? I never even noticed...”.

Buff or Nerf Everything:
“I spawned in as Luke and ran into a room of 10 officers and they killed me instantly! Luke needs a buff and officers need a nerf”
It’s never, ever this players fault that they died. EVER.

Name Dropper:
“Last night, I was playing with *insert player name* and we dominated HvV as the worst heroes” – This commenter will take every opportunity to drop a name into a thread… Highlighting the fact that they play with someone considered good - possibly the "Respected One" below, and therefore it must mean THEY are also good. Screenshots often produced to show their name with the other persons name on the scorecard or top 5 screen.

The BEST player EVER:
Often trying to back up their story with gameplay evidence – eg: “If I’m a Wookie Warrior – you will not win” *Shows a small clip of them with a WW 10 person killstreak… WOW – you really are the BEST!
In reality – if a team can’t take out a couple of Wookie Warriors, it doesn’t mean the WW is good… it usually means the opposition is trash. But don’t try and tell that to this inflated ego who single handedly won the game (according to them).

Veruca Salt:
I want it and I want it now! Self entitled brats that think they “deserve” everything they ask for just because they bought a game. “Give me CW content or I’ll never play your game again!”

The Respected One
Can counter an argument in a thread by just using one word... "NO". And everyone will agree and state - Yep, if he said No, then that's all that needs to be said. Doesn't need to add anything further. Genuinely seems to be well highly regarded in the community.

Defending the Officer:
“Why would I play another class when you can’t get a hero playing Assault or Specialist” – Ummmmmm… players that are actually good at the game have no problem getting heroes with any class. Using increased battle point cards is apparently the only way to play according to this guy…

Exploit Defenders:
“Why shouldn’t I be able to hide as Boba Fett where nobody else can see or hit me in HvV – he has less heath so I need a guaranteed way of not dying with him”… Ummmm – if the mode was called hide and seek heroes, then fair enough… but you’re playing HvV. Maybe learn how to play with him. Guaranteed to clear out a lobby as soon as the heroes notice this players tactic as the target.

I Main Vehicles:
“Get rid of the Ion Torpedo – All I want to do is get in my ship and constantly kill troopers in their spawn point with no way for them to counter attack. Now they can kill me back, it’s not as fun” – this player will get forum angry any time anyone mentions how a starfighter has no other counter… they love being unstoppable.

Hours Played = Know it All
“The Devs need to buff Palpatine because I died with him to an Assault vanguard. I’ve played for 900+ hours, so I should know…” Ok – thank you expert. You clearly didn't die due to lack of awareness. Hours played does not = smart.
Will also claim that the developers owe them something because they’ve played so many hours.

I Finish Top 5 = Listen to Me
“I regularly finish Top 5, so my opinion is more important” Ok – nobody else apparently finishes in the Top 5 mate… your opinion must be right. Often combined with the Not Bragging, Bragging category. Tries to make their opinion matter by offering up the I’m Top 5 argument. Then may back it up with a screenshot of their best ever game when they topped the scoreboard…

Canon Chasers
“Everything has to be canon and era specific or I will not enjoy this game”… Apparently these players must close their eyes every time they see a Rey running around on Naboo.
Don’t dare even think about adding a “rainbow” of trooper skins. Their whole world will fall apart after these next skins are released!

If you go this far - thanks for reading...

Replies

  • There's also a Captain Rex plushie hugging brigade.
  • Good list, though there are probably more categories
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    ige1ne4fsk9m.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • What about passive-aggressive ‘jokers’ who start a thread that claims to be just for fun but is dripping with bile?

    pH
  • Offended much champ? Which one got you the most?
  • I’m probably guilty of some of this, and die a little inside each time I read an “exploit defender” post/comment.
    In 1977, a single shot rang out at the Cantina.... No first, no second. Han shot - end of statement.

    PSN: Han_Spinel
    Youtube: Han Spinel
    Twitter: @Han_Spinel
    The Unofficial Star Wars Battlefront Campaign Companion
  • Very true @Empire_TW ... lots more and some genuinely great people on here too
  • Netero
    124 posts Member
    I fall in the Defending the Officer category but I want officer presence to be totally changed or removed. Top 5 is meaningless thanks to free BP farming lol.
  • Netero
    124 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    You should add the “I’m a hero main” category.
  • @Netero I’m the same... would be the Officer Defender. I like to use the other classes, but often jump to officer to quickly get the points when needed
  • Hahah this was a good read, glad I always try to keep a positive attitude in these forums. There are more than the big list you already have, I understand this game has it's cons, but people should try appreciating the pros a little more often.
    I think I just don't enjoy half of those types listed above wasting forum space on pointless rants. But that's just my opinion :D
  • Worth a chuckle, to be sure.

    Although I'll confess that I wholeheartedly support the idea of limiting weapons / heroes to choices that only make sense for the era in question.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima


    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

    22kciqve3jgt.gif
  • Hey! It’s me, the Canon Chaser!
    442nd And 332nd are the BEST
  • Man, this is a really fun thread. Thank you and well done. And as stated above, it’s only lacking the picture/meme posters.
  • I fall under the... You killed me, You must be a russian hacker group.
  • Very true @Empire_TW ... lots more and some genuinely great people on here too

    Like me right? ;)
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    ige1ne4fsk9m.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    I'm probably kind of in the Canon Chaser in that I don't like the idea of the whole rainbow clone thing. I don't mind cross era heroes, weapons, made up battles etc, but at least keep the infantry appearances consistent.
    I'd like to say I'm somewhat of a 'Respected One' as well, idk. I try and give a reason as to why I disagree with someone (unless it's a completely unreasonable argument) and if I realise I'm wrong I normally accept it.
    Can we make a new category of 'Infantry Main': the players who tend to stick to infantry, maybe going to a reinforcement if they feel like it, not because they can't do well enough to get a hero but because they prefer the playstyle. As I'd say I'm one of these people, I'd probably add that they can do pretty well even without the use of a hero, also defeating and placing above other heroes due to good gameplay (OK, maybe I'm a bit of 'Not bragging, bragging' person as well, I'll admit T occasionally bugging myself up a bit haha).
    (Btw were we supposed to put ourselves into a category/categories? Oh well)
    OOM19 wrote: »

    Imagine it

    A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • I feel like somebody doesn't like my Chewbacca experience. B)
    But on a lesser note, everyone should be allowed to state their opinion. In no way should we try to stop anyone from posting.
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Make it Look Pretty

    Has a desire to add images to everything...isn't that right @T0TALfps?

    Someone sounds jealous.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    I feel like somebody doesn't like my Chewbacca experience. B)
    But on a lesser note, everyone should be allowed to state their opinion. In no way should we try to stop anyone from posting.
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Make it Look Pretty

    Has a desire to add images to everything...isn't that right @T0TALfps?

    Someone sounds jealous.
    Everyone has the right to an opinion... Doesn't necessarily mean their opinion is right.
    (That sounds like a saying lol)
    OOM19 wrote: »

    Imagine it

    A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • DrX2345 wrote: »
    I feel like somebody doesn't like my Chewbacca experience. B)
    But on a lesser note, everyone should be allowed to state their opinion. In no way should we try to stop anyone from posting.
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Make it Look Pretty

    Has a desire to add images to everything...isn't that right @T0TALfps?

    Someone sounds jealous.
    Everyone has the right to an opinion... Doesn't necessarily mean their opinion is right.
    (That sounds like a saying lol)

    Totally agreed. We don't have to treat them like they are right, we just have to be respectful and polite about explaining how they are wrong.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • There's a fairly quiet, but I am guessing decently sized, category of us who don't post much.....but we visit regularly, and are certainly entertained by all of these categories. Not sure what you would call us.....Lurkers? Bystanders? Stealth?
    tumblr_ok3vbxE5Vm1w3bauvo1_540.gif
  • This is great, the forum has become a study in sociology. Might I suggest the " I'm leaving forever, goodbye" poster , and the " bye Felicia responder". The " git gud" people probably need a mention too. A smaller bunch of these, but the " let's compare fortnite to BF2 poster".
  • Ready to pick a fight
    the user who is always ready to sling mud at anyone's comment they dont agree with. will try to embarrass the other poster by highlighting how incompetent they are.

    Hope springs eternal
    this user always believes in the best outcome for the game. while their positive attitude is welcome it can go overboard. they ignore facts and previous history and always believe something good will be on the horizon, no matter how grim the prospects seem

    Venters
    This could combine a few categories already highlighted. these type of forum users will have just had a bad experience in the game, and while still worked up about it, come on the forum to spill their thoughts. this is usually reactionary post and might not be well organized or concise. more or less a rant about what happened.

    Repeat offenders
    Those who keep posting on the same topic and wont let it die. after seeing so many threads already about the same thing, the create a new one just to sure that their voice is heard.

    more to come after I get a break at work
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    There's a fairly quiet, but I am guessing decently sized, category of us who don't post much.....but we visit regularly, and are certainly entertained by all of these categories. Not sure what you would call us.....Lurkers? Bystanders? Stealth?
    I think that's a Lurker on Reddit, so I guess the Salem here?
    OOM19 wrote: »

    Imagine it

    A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • IronSoldier
    2941 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    edited August 2018
    But what about mods :( I'd like to think of us as the jedi though some may differ :p
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    But what about mods the droid attack on the Wookiees :(

    OOM19 wrote: »

    Imagine it

    A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • stevenomes
    4640 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Seen the movies too many times
    This is the guy that has watched the trilogy way to many times and knows all the lines. he lurks on the forums waiting for the right post to strike on. when he finds one he uses a line from the movie to reply with but adapts it to the current situation. it can be funny at first but gets old quickly. sometimes they are clever, other times too deliberate. he can be annoying.

    Screamer
    Posts in caps and uses phrases like "for crying out loud fix....". it comes off like they are whining and nobody really takes what they say seriously. if they dont change the caps mods will close the thread fairly soon.

    Negative Nancy/Scarred for Life
    Opposite of the hope springs eternal people. this person is always doom and gloom and tells everyone the game is terrible and they should find something better. they have been so jaded by the swbf2 experience they can never love again.

    The speculator
    This is an offshoot of the optimist but doesn't always have to be and can morph into other categories later. this is the user who drums up speculation about future content based on limited information or just complete hopes. others see the posts and take it as confirmed new content and continue to pump up expecatations until they are totally out of control. then once the content is not delivered they morph into one of the other types of user to complain about it.
  • But what about mods :( I'd like to think of us as the jedi though some may differ :p

    maybe jedi council? F0rge is master yoda.
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    But what about mods :( I'd like to think of us as the jedi though some may differ :p

    maybe jedi council? F0rge is master yoda.

    When the devs ban you for using cosmetic mods:

    "This is outrageous! It's unfair!"
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima


    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

    22kciqve3jgt.gif
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    I am offended my catagory wasn't listed...

    The Master Debater...

    Will argue any topic ad infinitum just as an exercise to pass the time while citing the precepts of formal logic in debates about whether Leia's hairstyle is good or not...

    Speaking of... the fact that you missed this MOST IMPORTANT catagory is evidence that you have in fact NOT "been poking around on the forums for a long time"... come at me bro!

    Hahahah. Nice one man.
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    Negative Nancy/Scarred for Life
    Opposite of the hope springs eternal people. this person is always doom and gloom and tells everyone the game is terrible and they should find something better. they have been so jaded by the swbf2 experience they can never love again.

    Console Battlefront 2 is capable of breaking anyone
  • Darth_Vapor3
    2506 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Necro Bumper

    For your own thread. Pretty self explanatory so umm, yeah...

    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/

    [Removed thread advertisement]
  • Darn, stupid me... I said I wouldn't post here again but I must say: OP, you are expressing my feelings here, but in a far more eloquent manner. (As I was rather inebriated last time, though that is not an excuse)

    High five to you.
  • IronSoldier
    2941 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    edited August 2018
    stevenomes wrote: »
    But what about mods :( I'd like to think of us as the jedi though some may differ :p

    maybe jedi council? F0rge is master yoda.

    I'll take it :kissing_heart:
  • You forgot the meme spammers, among others.
  • Necro Bumper

    For your own thread. Pretty self explanatory so umm, yeah...

    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/

    [Removed thread advertisement]

    Aawwww maaaan! They removed my own necro bump! Dang!
  • I wouldn't say that I fit any of these categories, imo. Though I dont think anyone would actually think theyre a part of them, even when they would be, so idk if my own opinions are actually valid. I HOPE Im not part of any of these groups. I dont think anyone respects me and I rarely answer a thread with just "no", I dont think I ask for any unnecessary buffs/nerfs (only really what are either useless or the success:skill ratio is wayyyyy too high), Im a very average player and know it, and I dont really excuse any bad gameplay or things like that. Im just... idk, someone who wants to have fun in the game and talk about it. I havent even played with another person from the forum :D


    I think theres another category though :)


    The 1v1
    People who try to prove their points (or that theyre the better player) by suggesting people fight them 1v1 or 'meet on the battlefront' despite often having a completely different console than the player theyre talking to.
    "The question," she replied, "Is not whether you will love, hurt, dream, and die. It is what you will love, why you will hurt, when you will dream, and how you will die. This is your choice. You cannot pick the destination, only the path." - Oathbringer.
  • T0TALfps
    1184 posts EA Community Manager
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Make it Look Pretty

    Has a desire to add images to everything...isn't that right @T0TALfps?

    You write it. I make it look pretty.
    giphy.gif
    beq77m6aitvn.png
    EA Community Coordinator, Anthem, Battlefield & Battlefront
    Twitter - Board Guidelines
    // Some of my posts may not represent the opinions of EA or DICE.
  • I thought of some more (or just two)

    The Questioner
    -that guy who just has a lot of questions (me)

    The Proud Member of the Old Man Luke Skin Support Group
    -One day it will happen, hopefully (I well and truly want that to happen).
    Hi, if you are reading this I would like to inform you that this is a placeholder sig
    #JoinTheBuzz
  • EA_Cian
    1205 posts EA Moderator
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Make it Look Pretty

    Has a desire to add images to everything...isn't that right @T0TALfps?

    Savage.
  • New Profile Picture
    The people that can never decide on a proper profile picture, so they switch it up almost once a week.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Devlin21
    8280 posts Member
    New Profile Picture
    The people that can never decide on a proper profile picture, so they switch it up almost once a week.

    Me
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

  • New Profile Picture
    The people that can never decide on a proper profile picture, so they switch it up almost once a week.

    Me

    No. You switch it up like once every 2-3 weeks.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!