criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Modding tools.

Hello DICE,

As it seems you have gave up on this game, releasing small content in a long period of time, you could just release modding tools so fans can do extraordinary mods for the game and keep it alive for as long as possible.

This game deserve better.

Replies

• GGAMA92 wrote: »
    Hello DICE,

As it seems you have gave up on this game, releasing small content in a long period of time, you could just release modding tools so fans can do extraordinary mods for the game and keep it alive for as long as possible.

This game deserve better.

Agreed. If DICE/EA don't want to keep the game alive, let the modders and players give it a good and long life.

And I think Disney would agreed with it, at the end I don't think this situation pleases Disney because its damaging the franchise and upsetting the fans.
  • IIPrest0nII
    3643 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    I think It's impossible to add modding tools as it's against EA ToS. For modding tools they will have to make adjustments in EA Terms of Service and for FairFight Anti-cheat system. Also, such changes can also affect on other multiplayer games like Battlefield and other and I don't think other studios are ready for such changes.

Just my opinion.
    SWBF Forums Senior Moderator/ Check out the forum rules & guidelines
  • I think It's impossible to add modding tools as it's against EA ToS. For modding tools they will have to make adjustments in EA Terms of Service and for FairFight Anti-cheat system. Also, such changes can also affect on other multiplayer games like Battlefield and other and I don't think other studios are ready for such changes.

Just my opinion.

EA ToS is against any 3rd party modding tool, i know that. But what if the modding tool is and official one? Then this one will not be against ToS.
  • GGAMA92 wrote: »
    I think It's impossible to add modding tools as it's against EA ToS. For modding tools they will have to make adjustments in EA Terms of Service and for FairFight Anti-cheat system. Also, such changes can also affect on other multiplayer games like Battlefield and other and I don't think other studios are ready for such changes.

Just my opinion.

EA ToS is against any 3rd party modding tool, i know that. But what if the modding tool is and official one? Then this one will not be against ToS.

I thinki Preston is trying to say it is not up to DICE as EA have the final say. As such without EA's agreement then DICE could not do what you suggest.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • IIPrest0nII
    3643 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Just you should understand that such changes is not so easy to do, otherwise we would have modding tools right now, on the official level. If they add mod tools It will contradict the EA ToS.
    SWBF Forums Senior Moderator/ Check out the forum rules & guidelines
  • t3hBar0n
    5000 posts Member
    GGAMA92 wrote: »

Just my opinion.

I thinki Preston is trying to say it is not up to DICE as EA have the final say. As such without EA's agreement then DICE could not do what you suggest.

Not only that, but this is a Disney licensed property... NEVER going to happen.