criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Droideka fiasco

killua
193 posts Member
Theres a lot I simply don't understand about this game. The community has craved content (new maps, heroes, classes) so why tease us with droidekas and rebel pilots just to tell us no? How difficult is it to even make a rebel pilot? just give a rebel a pilot skin, reuse some abilities and buff his health and give him a set weapon... sort of like the jump trooper. We've all seen leaked gameplay footage of an arc trooper from months ago so what happened there? you have about 4 heroes you could simply port over from the first game too (obviously they require work, but its got to be a minimal amount) along with Geonosis and the 4 heroes you'll be giving us within a 5 month time span at least.. these added extras would make it somewhat acceptable.

Replies

• As a community, we definitely got too excited for something that wasnt confirmed or denied, then looked to the past for "clues". Unfortunately due to the way they've been communicating the fervor grew and grew until they had to deny it.

They definitely should have stepped in earlier, but there's no predicting what we get excited about haha. Misunderstanding on both ends, and that can be solved by more reliable communication standards. Hopefully we'll see that eventually!
  • Droideka is basic in a game of Clone Wars.
    The fans we are angry because time ago we was waiting the Droideka and new class sentinel was be announced.
    ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg
  • Odi
    63 posts Member
    Modern wrote: »
    As a community, we definitely got too excited for something that wasnt confirmed or denied, then looked to the past for "clues". Unfortunately due to the way they've been communicating the fervor grew and grew until they had to deny it.

They definitely should have stepped in earlier, but there's no predicting what we get excited about haha. Misunderstanding on both ends, and that can be solved by more reliable communication standards. Hopefully we'll see that eventually!

Imagine having the bar set so low that we have to have this conversation
  • JediJulius
    486 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I just hate the lack of honesty and how hard the community had to push to get them to say 'no it's not a droideka.' Judging from the subreddit, it seems like DICE even tried to act like the droideka was a crashed speeder. They also accidentally mentioned a Rebel Pilot class.

I'm not even particularly offended by the accidental 'reveals' as much as I am this; What is the point of spending days and multiple times checking the Community Updates and stuff if things like this are going to happen?
    Post edited by JediJulius on
  • willywonka7
    1391 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I think that if they focus now on trying to give us the droidekas, Rebel Pilots, and arc troopers once some of the heros come out...then this community might be like
    e5ls1aakso0x.gif

Of course they still need to work on giving us guns, more vehicles like balancing out hero star ships, and giving us some of the things they already promised like Crait HvV map....but I think that the droideka will bring much joy back to the community.