criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Alec Guinness hated Star Wars

Current Topics:
Staff Strike Guide
An Ideal Luke Buff

cggn8altuzp0.png
PSN / Twitter: PlayersPurity

❝ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ɪꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ʟᴏꜱᴛ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ. ɪᴛ ɪꜱ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ. ❞
- Leia Organa

#BunsForBattlefront

Replies

• Ah! I seen that video before. Yep... :lol:

I guess Ewan McGregor is our better version of Obi-Wan after all. Though I do not know exactly what are his true feelings toward his character and the whole Star Wars franchise.
  • My first reaction: "WHAT?" -Princess Leia.
    My second reaction: "Traitor!!!" -Kylo Ren
    My third reaction: "He underestimated Star wars, it was his downfall..." -A modified quote of Rey
    b8dbtkudgr7e.gif
    I used to be Bobs_Fett366, but I got a username change.
    #rey #Kyloren #TheLastJedi #TheForceAwakens
  • Well, to be fair most of the ST cast except for John Boyega, pretty much don't want to do it anymore. The fanbase can kill. We may not like it, but amongst us lies a group of self-obsessed haters. Guinness didn't like the movie, because he didn't want to be remembered for it. There were other movies that he wanted people to remember, and he tried to get them to remember him as something other than Obi-Wan. I think that is understandable.
    Harrison was probably just tired of being remembered as Han Solo. You must realize that once you act in Star Wars, that is what you will be remembered for. I think he did enjoy a good portion of it. But it must become tiring when that becomes a part of your life. People would never let you forget it.
    I think Kelly Marie Tran would rather have her hero killed off, rather than face 40 more years of people hating on her. Daisy Ridley even deleted all of her social media accounts so that people will leave her alone, and then she said this would be her last Star Wars movie.
    John Boyega likes it because he is a Star Wars fan.

@BeastlyCrawdad
    yeah totally agree. i explained practically the same thing in another post. I just was having fun with the Star wars quotes.
    b8dbtkudgr7e.gif
    I used to be Bobs_Fett366, but I got a username change.
    #rey #Kyloren #TheLastJedi #TheForceAwakens
  • Well, to be fair most of the ST cast except for John Boyega, pretty much don't want to do it anymore. The fanbase can kill. We may not like it, but amongst us lies a group of self-obsessed haters. Guinness didn't like the movie, because he didn't want to be remembered for it. There were other movies that he wanted people to remember, and he tried to get them to remember him as something other than Obi-Wan. I think that is understandable.
    Harrison was probably just tired of being remembered as Han Solo. You must realize that once you act in Star Wars, that is what you will be remembered for. I think he did enjoy a good portion of it. But it must become tiring when that becomes a part of your life. People would never let you forget it.
    I think Kelly Marie Tran would rather have her hero killed off, rather than face 40 more years of people hating on her. Daisy Ridley even deleted all of her social media accounts so that people will leave her alone, and then she said this would be her last Star Wars movie.

@BeastlyCrawdad
    yeah totally agree. i explained practically the same thing in another post. I just was having fun with the Star wars quotes.

I know. He did not realize how good Star Wars would become. How famous it would make him.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1

@BeastlyCrawdad

I know. He did not realize how good Star Wars would become. How famous it would make him.

Then again, one of his roles is someone I would never want to be remembered for playing.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • My first reaction: "WHAT?" -Princess Leia.
    My second reaction: "Traitor!!!" -Kylo Ren
    My third reaction: "He underestimated Star wars, it was his downfall..." -A modified quote of Rey

:D
    Current Topics:
    Staff Strike Guide
    An Ideal Luke Buff

cggn8altuzp0.png

- Leia Organa

#BunsForBattlefront

Don't forget the prequel cast. . .
    Current Topics:
    Staff Strike Guide
    An Ideal Luke Buff

cggn8altuzp0.png

- Leia Organa

#BunsForBattlefront

Don't forget the prequel cast. . .

I am not even going to go there. To many terrible examples.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • I believe Alec Guinness was upset that Star Wars overshadowed everything he had done prior. Think about being in films like Bridge on the River Kwai, Lawrence of Arabia and Dr. Zhivago, an Academy Award winner for best actor, and knighted by the Queen of England, then only being acknowledged for being a secondary character in a Space Fantasy movie.
  • AzorAhai
    1140 posts Member
    I believe Alec Guinness was upset that Star Wars overshadowed everything he had done prior. Think about being in films like Bridge on the River Kwai, Lawrence of Arabia and Dr. Zhivago, an Academy Award winner for best actor, and knighted by the Queen of England, then only being acknowledged for being a secondary character in a Space Fantasy movie.

Personal opinion of course, but Doctor Zhivago and Lawrence of Arabia are 2 of the greatest movies ever made!
  • Some people like the movies they are in and some hate the movies they are in.

Or you can be Danny Trejo who constantly forgets what movies he is in and its like a surprise to him when he sees himself in a movie.
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • Some people like the movies they are in and some hate the movies they are in.

Or you can be Danny Trejo who constantly forgets what movies he is in and its like a surprise to him when he sees himself in a movie.

:D
    Current Topics:
    Staff Strike Guide
    An Ideal Luke Buff

cggn8altuzp0.png

- Leia Organa

#BunsForBattlefront

• He still made pretty good acting role and even helped other actors doing their best, hate it or not. Perhaps hate and anger even makes better movies, it does't always lead to the bad side of the movie like ignorance and careless movie making.