criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Legendary Vader skin idea

DaveTrayus
251 posts Member
edited August 2018
With the likelihood Matt Lanter will be voicing Anakin, I wonder if Dice have considered getting him to voice Vader's lines. A battle damaged Vader is about all you can do for a Vader skin (other than Rogue One/A New Hope) and Matt already recorded some lines in Rebels. Just an idea anyways!

Replies

• Give Vader a Dark-side hooded Anakin skin.
    I really don't like scrubs mouthing off. Don't poke the bear.
  • Raices
    870 posts Member
    Give Vader a Dark-side hooded Anakin skin.

Or make the Anakin model playable for Villains also, the dark side model with a different skin and name.
  • Give us pink Vader already
  • Fevee
    217 posts Member

That would be interesting to see. I imagine Anakin is much more nimble than Vader, though. So, dark-side Anakin would have a smaller hitbox, and lumber around more slowly than his Jedi variant. But otherwise, get Lanter to re-record Vader's lines like how those Han and Lando wannabes have been re-recorded for those younger variants. And now we have Young Vader who still has the same abilities and is running around killing rebels and clones with his blue saber. Right before Jedi Anakin swoops in to kill him.
  • Vader without helmet

or

Vader after he fights Ahsoka
    "I play Star Wars like real life, I try not to die if possible."

PS4 EventHorizonOH
  • Or... not everyone needs a skin. Vader, Boba etc are fine as is.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • I sure hope they make the skin, I'd trip over myself in a rush to pay $20 for more CW related content and VA
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • how about a different mask variation...???1togmkhwgppn.jpg

Awesome but non-canon
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • BeastlyCrawdad
    2663 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Here are some skins that would work for Vader. Just subtle differences like the Chewbacca bandage skin.
    45t9b6zq64jd.jpeg
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Here are some skins that would work for Vader. Just subtle differences like the Chewbacca bandage skin.
    45t9b6zq64jd.jpeg

Plus one or two from the new comics of him damaged badly with cool stuff like exposed cybernetic leg and torn cape
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • DaveTrayus wrote: »
    With the likelihood Matt Lanter will be voicing Anakin, I wonder if Dice have considered getting him to voice Vader's lines. A battle damaged Vader is about all you can do for a Vader skin (other than Rogue One/A New Hope) and Matt already recorded some lines in Rebels. Just an idea anyways!

Uh definitely, if they're getting him in to voice Anakin, no reason he couldn't do the same as the battle damaged Vader from rebels with his voice going in and out.
    I understand if they damage the current appearance for time reasons but even better if they style it to the rebels/Macquarie appearance.
  • Laser921
    1740 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    For giggles,

zYOHRbH.jpg

for Vader

and in homage to Ralph Mcquarrie, here's a skin for Luke

NZ83uup.jpg

But in all seriousness, for Vader, battle-damage would be nice and @BeastlyCrawdad is right, there are subtle changes in his appearance in the OT that could be used for skins. And honestly for Luke, there are so many choices just like a lot of the OT heroes that its kinda sad some of them only have one appearance still or none at all
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • Rainbow Vader
    only joking
  • Battle damaged and Rogue One (with red eyepieces) are the only skins I can think of for Vader really. Pre-suit Vader (end of RotS where Anakin kills the youglings, Order 66, Mustafar etc) wouldn't work as a skin because he was still fast and smaller then, and didn't really use Vader's moves (apart from choke). Plus he still had a blue lightsaber. But battle damaged with a broken/glitching vocoder could work, as could a Rogue One variant with the red eyes (it'd be like a Bandaged Chewbacca style skin, but I think a lot of people would get it just because Rogue One).
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • 59chyr1nx7ks.gif
    Could do the rogue one skin with the red tinted eyes.
    cucjqd5p8g4i.gif
    Remember the most powerful walk the line between rage and serenity.
  • Villian side vader skin:
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    - fast like other sith and jedi.
    - more stamina
    - less brute strength
    - less armor
    - same powers
  • Battle damaged Vader is the best option.
  • Here are some skins that would work for Vader. Just subtle differences like the Chewbacca bandage skin.
    45t9b6zq64jd.jpeg

I'd like these. I'd like to see Vader with the red tinted lenses.

A variety of battle damaged skins would be nice.
  • Not into a battle damaged Vader at all. I don’t think every hero needs a skin. Vader being one of those. If anything, I would like the ANH/RO red lensed Vader. Would change much in game but during selection and collections screens it would be cool.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • MC_XIX
    1231 posts Member

Hmmmm. Not sure if I can picture Anakin floating around like Vader does now. He would need some new animations with a hooded skin methinks.
  • Coolgamer159
    1 posts Member
    edited February 12
    0fk4x3j87utz.png

I think order 66 anakin is probably the best Vader skin

more power and faster and more stamina but less armour and more speed
  • The only Vader skin I personally think should be added...

fn3v9duqgr5w.jpeg

fn3v9duqgr5w.jpeg

Why are his eyes red like that?
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif

I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction
  • Lagodaki wrote: »
    The only Vader skin I personally think should be added...

fn3v9duqgr5w.jpeg

He was cutting onions.
  • Lagodaki wrote: »
    The only Vader skin I personally think should be added...

fn3v9duqgr5w.jpeg

Light reflection from lava in his Mustafar castle I think

fn3v9duqgr5w.jpeg

I don't see any difference. less glossy?

fn3v9duqgr5w.jpeg

I don't see any difference. less glossy?

It’s the red lenses, various marketing material and figures are less subtle about it.
    I heard they were meant to be red in the original trilogy, but it’s only noticeable in certain shots.
    Hi, if you are reading this I would like to inform you that this is a placeholder sig
    #JoinTheBuzz