criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

clarification on the rules

UhOhItsJus
464 posts Member
edited September 2018
I just got done reading the forum rules and i'm confused as to the actual rules because what is stated in black and white is completely different from what is enforced. stupid (non-swear word for dumb) is blocked. crap (non-swear word for feces) is blocked. so many mundane words are blocked but yet this game is rated T.... for Teenager.....age 13 and up. stupid and crap along with many others are all a regular part of teen vocabulary and in no social setting is considered a swear or curse word. so whats goning ?

Replies

• Prof_Moriarty
    1366 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    It’s not a part of Star Wars vocabulary though.
  • They do it because they don't want people using those types of words. The non-swear word for ***** matter could be offensive to some people as well as, if not even more so, the use of the word for calling dumb.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • It’s not a part of Star Wars vocabulary though.

You can't even say one of hans emotes.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• IIPrest0nII
    4457 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    edited September 2018
    As far as I know most of these words are forbidden by forum supplier (by default in the settings) and not sure if it even can be changed. Also, moderators can see any censored words and if these words that you mentioned above were used in a good context, then it's okay and they can stay.

Plus despite the game is rated T (for teenager) users of any age can visit the forum freely, so perhaps this is one of the reasons why these words are censored.
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Forums Moderator. I do not work for EA.
  • As far as I know most of these words are forbidden by forum supplier (by default in the settings) and not sure if it even can be changed. Also, moderators can see any censored words and if these words that you mentioned above were used in a good context, then it's okay and they can stay.

Plus despite the game is rated T (for teenager) users of any age can visit the forum freely, so perhaps this is one of the reasons why these words are censored.

Makes complete sense.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • It’s not a part of Star Wars vocabulary though.

Vader's emote has a blocked word in it so yes, it is certainly part of star wars vocabulary
  • As far as I know most of these words are forbidden by forum supplier (by default in the settings) and not sure if it even can be changed. Also, moderators can see any censored words and if these words that you mentioned above were used in a good context, then it's okay and they can stay.

thanks for the clarification preston. that makes some sense
  • Since this seems like the best thread to ask, what does personal photo mean.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • And I forgot the question mark.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Unwarycoin wrote: »
    Since this seems like the best thread to ask, what does personal photo mean.

Personal phone means something that would enable a person to identify you or an acquaintance, or your personal information. Also, make sure we can't see your reflection if you take pictures of your computer or tv screen.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • Unwarycoin wrote: »
    Since this seems like the best thread to ask, what does personal photo mean.

Personal phone means something that would enable a person to identify you or an acquaintance, or your personal information. Also, make sure we can't see your reflection if you take pictures of your computer or tv screen.

Thank you.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • EA_Tom
    326 posts EA Community Manager
    UhOhItsJus wrote: »
    I just got done reading the forum rules and i'm confused as to the actual rules because what is stated in black and white is completely different from what is enforced. **** (non-swear word for dumb) is blocked. **** (non-swear word for feces) is blocked. so many mundane words are blocked but yet this game is rated T.... for Teenager.....age 13 and up. **** and **** along with many others are all a regular part of teen vocabulary and in no social setting is considered a swear or curse word. so whats goning ?

Please PM me the list of words that are filtered and we'll take a look if these really need to be filtered.

Thanks for flagging :)
  • EA_Tom wrote: »
    UhOhItsJus wrote: »
    I just got done reading the forum rules and i'm confused as to the actual rules because what is stated in black and white is completely different from what is enforced. **** (non-swear word for dumb) is blocked. **** (non-swear word for feces) is blocked. so many mundane words are blocked but yet this game is rated T.... for Teenager.....age 13 and up. **** and **** along with many others are all a regular part of teen vocabulary and in no social setting is considered a swear or curse word. so whats goning ?

Please PM me the list of words that are filtered and we'll take a look if these really need to be filtered.

Thanks for flagging :)

does ***** matter really need to be filtered. Because that is literally the most appropriate version of that body function.
    itt96uodu82s.gif