criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

A second version of GA with fewer heroes and Enforcers

2Next

Replies

• Salacious_Me_1138
    2050 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Defbored wrote: »
    just in case the powers that be read through this....

i hope this doesn't happen. the player base is apparently already small. no need to spilt it.

Hey, grow up...pleading to devs not to listen to us is as childish and selfish as it gets. And you need to learn to "read through this" your own self.
    Post edited by Salacious_Me_1138 on
  • Nicky2face
    410 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I want hero blast. 8 vs 8. Instead of the run and stun[removed] we have at the moment. 5 minutes chasing luke around mos eisely is not really the game I was looking for
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • Conquest
  • ArchAngeL_777
    1809 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Evazan127 wrote: »
    Conquest

This.

We need to wait for this new large scale, conquest type mode to release. Then see how the community reacts to it. My guess is GA will see a large decline in players.

Right now GA is the only 40 player mode. Until there's another option, obviously that's all people will play whether they are happy with it or not.
  • Evazan127 wrote: »
    Conquest
    This.

We need to wait for this new large scale, conquest type mode to release. Then see how the community reacts to it. My guess is GA will see a large decline in players.

Right now GA is the only 40 player mode. Until there's another option, obviously that's all people will play whether they are happy with it or not.
    Why is it better to have a mode abandoned than to do a quick fix that makes both the main groups happier?
  • ArchAngeL_777
    1809 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    JackTHorn wrote: »
    Conquest
    This.

Why is it better to have a mode abandoned than to do a quick fix that makes both the main groups happier?

What do you mean abandoned? It will still be there, but if players decide they want to play the new game mode instead, what then? All I'm saying is, unlike 2015 Battlefront, GA is the only 40 player game mode. With no alternative, that gives us no way to measure it's actual popularity.

Right now the priority has to be adding a new 40 player game mode. It will have been over a year with just one game mode, and Conquest has been the most requested mode for Battlefront since the 2015 game launched without it.
  • I would like the game rules to change and be stated before each game. 0 to 4 hero's, no vehicles, only troopers etc. I think it would make the game less stale and force players to change their approach.
  • IIPrest0nII
    4675 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Nicky2face wrote: »
    I want hero blast. 8 vs 8. Instead of the run and stun[removed] we have at the moment. 5 minutes chasing luke around mos eisely is not really the game I was looking for

@Nicky2face

Please do not swear and do not bypass profanity filter as it's not allowed on the forums. I edited your comment.
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Forums Moderator
  • The more I think about it, I’d rather have a whole new game mode without heroes rather than just the same exact GA mode. But of course that would be asking too much.
  • I like GA as it is. More maps and game types for strike would be good though
  • JackTHorn wrote: »
    Conquest
    This.

What do you mean abandoned?
    You wrote, "My guess is GA will see a large decline in players." That means players would be abandoning it, yes?

It will still be there, but if players decide they want to play the new game mode instead, what then?
    ...Then people would be stuck either playing a mode they don't like, or not playing at all?

All I'm saying is, unlike 2015 Battlefront, GA is the only 40 player game mode. With no alternative, that gives us no way to measure it's actual popularity.
    Um. Except creating an alternate version of GA but with a restriction mandating fewer heroes. That would pretty directly show its actual popularity.

Right now the priority has to be adding a new 40 player game mode. It will have been over a year with just one game mode, and Conquest has been the most requested mode for Battlefront since the 2015 game launched without it.
    I agree.

I like GA as it is.
    Which is why Im not saying "Change the current GA", I'm saying keep the current one and add in one that works for those of us who are tired of the hero spam.

More maps and game types for strike would be good though
    True. And Extraction, too.