criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission

Wish they skinned battlefield...

So much more if only..
New bf5 is huge, maps are huge, many weapons with options, more tech in terms of positioning to capture. more ways to do similiar tasks.
Its so complex compared to swbf2.

Im not preordering or paying full like i did with sw games but will buy when price comes down. im into sw more than bf but i can see the differences easily.
The star wars worlds we plan on our only team death matches compared to new bf5.
What only we could of had. Im sad...

Replies

  • The devs think starwars gamers are all casual dads that want instant no thinking action. Because we all are middle aged and have kids n jobs etc
  • BFV is what Battlefront should have been. I said that the moment I got into a match in the BFV beta. It's a shame that DICE/EA didn't put as many resources into making Battlefront 2 as amazing as BFV is turning out to be.

    So honestly why is this? BF2015 and BFII both look and sound amazing but have not reached their potential and I wonder... the only thing that makes re-skinning BFV not work is... heroes. Could that be the source of the issues? If so, the irony would be that many SW fans and fans of the original Battlefront would have been really happy with a trooper only SW sandbox to play in. I know I would...
  • It all comes down to money.
    They expected to make as much or more and didnt.
    Battlefield is cash in the bank- easy money.
  • They also didnt want to skin, pride inovation new etc..
    ..we also complained about everything in last game and said no copy cat game.

    so we all failed..
  • The devs think starwars gamers are all casual dads that want instant no thinking action. Because we all are middle aged and have kids n jobs etc

    And they still don't give us what we want, BF4 is the temple I had in mind, think kiddie cod disaster we got is laughable.
  • Battlefield modes are too long and frankly too much like hard work after a hard day. Thank god battlefront is not a reskin.
  • I don't think it would be as successful as you think it would be. Battlefront has always been a more casual game - sure, you can play fairly competively, but it's not as hardcore as Battlefield with revives, limited regen and ammo etc. Sure, I'd play it and probably enjoy it, but I think a decent part of the community prefers Battlefront to Battlefield because it's not quite as hardcore and people might not take it as seriously (plus it's Star Wars).
    OOM19 wrote: »

    Imagine it

    A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • Alex64
    7685 posts Member
    The only thing i want from BF is the Conquest mode.
    Why so serious?
  • DrX2345 wrote: »
    I don't think it would be as successful as you think it would be. Battlefront has always been a more casual game - sure, you can play fairly competively, but it's not as hardcore as Battlefield with revives, limited regen and ammo etc. Sure, I'd play it and probably enjoy it, but I think a decent part of the community prefers Battlefront to Battlefield because it's not quite as hardcore and people might not take it as seriously (plus it's Star Wars).

    Have to disagree. The Battlefield: 1942 Star Wars MOD was incredible and vastly superior to any other Star Wars Multiplayer shooter. It didnt get alot of attention because it was a PC Only MOD. However, it was incredibly immersive and pleasing to Star Wars & Battlefield fans.

    When EA/Dice got the Star Wars license I thought for sure that's where Battlefront was heading... I mean just take the success of a MOD to the game you created and give it professional polish. Huge let down they didnt go that direction.
  • BoothStick wrote: »
    DrX2345 wrote: »
    I don't think it would be as successful as you think it would be. Battlefront has always been a more casual game - sure, you can play fairly competively, but it's not as hardcore as Battlefield with revives, limited regen and ammo etc. Sure, I'd play it and probably enjoy it, but I think a decent part of the community prefers Battlefront to Battlefield because it's not quite as hardcore and people might not take it as seriously (plus it's Star Wars).

    Have to disagree. The Battlefield: 1942 Star Wars MOD was incredible and vastly superior to any other Star Wars Multiplayer shooter. It didnt get alot of attention because it was a PC Only MOD. However, it was incredibly immersive and pleasing to Star Wars & Battlefield fans.

    When EA/Dice got the Star Wars license I thought for sure that's where Battlefront was heading... I mean just take the success of a MOD to the game you created and give it professional polish. Huge let down they didnt go that direction.

    Don't get me wrong, I'd personally quite like a combination of Battlefront and Battlefield - Star Wars Battlefield, if you will - where you have to monitor your health and ammo, there are revives, etc, but it's also Star Wars with heroes, weapons, star fighters, maps etc. However, I think the main reason they didn't go down that route is probably that Battlefront has always been more of a casual friendly shooter game at least compared to Battlefield which is more realistic, has generally low TTKs, and you have to monitor health and conserve ammo etc. It's not the most casual friendly shooter I've ever played - that spot would probably have to go to Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 - but compared to my (fairly limited) experience with the Battlefield franchise I think they wanted to keep the franchises separate and keep Battlefront more assaul.
    OOM19 wrote: »

    Imagine it

    A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • @DrX2345 I think there is a dangerous misleading belief by developers. Accessibility & Casual ='s High Player Count. Gamers that will commit months and years (&Money) to a title aren't attracted by a casual slow ttk game. To the majority of consumers its an impulse buy that they play a few weekends over a few months and then forget about it.

    Star Wars Battlefront has become anything but casual. SWBF1 for me, and I know many others, was a toxic community where you'd get spammed by hateful messages. Funny at first with the "Hack-Usations" or "Rage I'll Kill Your Family" then it just becomes unwanted. SWBF2 has continued with the same random hate message rants. It's not nearly as bad as SWBF1, some of these hate messages are just a turn off for playing.

    Now in contrast Rainbow Six Seige is a hard, fast ttk, and very tactical shooter. Its community is very helpful, patient, and in turn extremely casual. Just look at its player count... it's almost 3 years old and it keeps going up... insane... its bigger now than ever

    Battlefield has always been a unique community and in whole fun and casual despite its higher skill curve. It becomes very open to players of all abilities. Not to mention "Battlefield Moments" that come out of nowhere. Like this... you will never see anything like this in SWBF2


    I hope DICE has learned their lesson. Make the game a challenge for gamers to keep coming back. Promote ideas of team/squad play. Most of all quit trying to make a game that "everyone" can play. True gamers that will live with your title want skill curve to learn and try and improve on. John Q Public that you're trying to cater to might pick up that "For Everyone Title" , but John Q Public will be gone after acouple months. Make games for gamers.
  • EA wants to make money off of two different titles. It wouldn't make business sense to spend money developing two very similar games. They want people to buy Battlefront and Battlefield, not just one. If they made Battlefront too much like Battlefield, not as many people would probably by Battlefield. Unfortunately, since Battlefield was established first, there probably wont be a Battlefront that will compare.
  • Our have to be brain dead as a businessman not to make starwars casual - first release full price sales is the clear winner for such a game
  • BFV is what Battlefront should have been. I said that the moment I got into a match in the BFV beta. It's a shame that DICE/EA didn't put as many resources into making Battlefront 2 as amazing as BFV is turning out to be.

    Yep, also there are a few (little) things I recognized in the BFV Beta, which are soo cool and helpful. eg that you see your Daily Challenges/Milestones whatever and their progression in the pause menu and also at the loading screen.

    Why is this not in BF2?
  • Many people on these very forums complained that they hoped this would NOT be a re-skinned Battlefield game lol.
Sign In or Register to comment.