criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Devs, HvV Target System MUST be Eliminated ASAP

Prev134
The_Rookie
3870 posts Member
edited September 2018

Players on this forum have requested the removal of the target system in HvV for many months. The target system encourages running, hiding, camping, exploiting (which very much borders on outright cheating), and all-around cheap tactics.

Please take a look at the following video:

(Disclaimer: I am not promoting exploits. I do not know how to use this exploit. I am simply showcasing the underhanded tactics that the target system encourages)

In the above video you will see that the target hides in an area of Yavin IV within the walls of the temple. They are completely invincible to anyone who does not know how to enter that same area. My friend, @Landeaux2 and I, were unable to make our way into this location. We do not spend our days searching YouTube for each and every way to cheat our opponents. We believe in fair play and beating our opponents through skill. Running, hiding and exploiting are not skills. They are not strategies. They are, once again, cheap tactics.

The above exploit has been present since the game's launch. It is just one of many that has remained unfixed. Some have been fixed, but plenty of others still exist. For example, the out of bounds area surrounding the castle on Takodana was increased in an effort to prevent players from hiding behind the castle. However, this fix has actually made things worse. There is still a small sliver of in-bounds area where players can hide. If the target reaches this location, it becomes very difficult for pursuers to get to them without dying out of bounds.

Targets who run, hide and exploit really ruin HvV for all players who wish to play the mode straight up. Matches are greatly lengthened, opponents are often forced to chase the target and risk frustrating occurrences like being frozen out of bounds. Also, the exploiter's teammates are left to fight 3 vs. 4 as they attempt to defeat the opposing target.
I could go on and on about all of the exploitable locations and tactics in HvV, but instead I will just get to the point, which is that the target system needs to be completely eliminated from the mode. HvV should be reorganized into a team death match/Hero Blast mode. The first team to 100 kills wins.

The cheap tactics I have mentioned will no longer benefit players who wish to utilize them. They will be forced to fight, or their teams will suffer the consequences. HvV matches should be won via skill, not exploiting. Removing the target system and turning HvV into a team death match setting is the one surefire way to make this happen.
I do not believe that what HvV has devolved in to was the developers' intention. I think they would have scratched this target system idea if they knew how aggressively it would be exploited.

Moderator Notice
Post edited by F03hammer on

Replies

• TDM
    Not that I think it will matter, unfortunately.
    Versatti wrote: »
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.
  • Team deathmatch
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Tdm would fix so many problems that HvV has right now so yes I agree in eliminating the target portion.
  • TDM of course
  • TDM. The exploits are precisely the reason why I have never touched HvV since the game's release.
  • TDM or bring old HvV from 2015 back with troopers.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN: unit900000 Xbox gamer tag: MetaltronXII
  • Thechosen1_anakin
    8085 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    This the same post from the summer.
    {MOD EDIT: Call out}
    Reminder to follow the forum rules
  • Just add an alternative option to get to the next target? Like either you kill the target or 5 (more or less) random enemies, if you do so it counts as much as the selected target and your team gets that point.

So if a target is running away or hiding you can also concentrate to stay together and hunt the other 3 remaining enemies. It should be easier cause the team with the running target is outnumbered. So the team wih the runningman is punished more then the team wich sticks together.

Idk, has this idea while thinking about, maybe its bad.
  • I wish there was some middle ground between what we have now and TDM.
    TDM is better than what we have but it won't require much strategy.
    There are a handful of players that can easily score 40+ elims a game. That team will never lose a match.
    There have been plenty of HvV matches we won with significantly lower kills than the other team. Not from running or camping, but for focusing damage and specials on the only 10 kills that matter.

TDM makes me think of some blast matches where we are down by 40 kills and when I look at the score board everyone has 10ish elims except one guy who has 40.

I don't have the answer, and I haven't seen anyone with the answer yet so I still support TDM over what we have now.
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.
  • TDM please. All people do is run man
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    Players on this forum have requested the removal of the target system in HvV for many months. The target system encourages running, hiding, camping, exploiting (which very much borders on outright cheating), and all-around cheap tactics.

(Disclaimer: I am not promoting exploits. I do not know how to use this exploit. I am simply showcasing the underhanded tactics that the target system encourages)

In the above video you will see that the target hides in an area of Yavin IV within the walls of the temple. They are completely invincible to anyone who does not know how to enter that same area. My friend, @Landeaux2 and I, were unable to make our way into this location. We do not spend our days searching YouTube for each and every way to cheat our opponents. We believe in fair play and beating our opponents through skill. Running, hiding and exploiting are not skills. They are not strategies. They are, once again, cheap tactics.

The above exploit has been present since the game's launch. It is just one of many that has remained unfixed. Some have been fixed, but plenty of others still exist. For example, the out of bounds area surrounding the castle on Takodana was increased in an effort to prevent players from hiding behind the castle. However, this fix has actually made things worse. There is still a small sliver of in-bounds area where players can hide. If the target reaches this location, it becomes very difficult for pursuers to get to them without dying out of bounds.

Targets who run, hide and exploit really ruin HvV for all players who wish to play the mode straight up. Matches are greatly lengthened, opponents are often forced to chase the target and risk frustrating occurrences like being frozen out of bounds. Also, the exploiter's teammates are left to fight 3 vs. 4 as they attempt to defeat the opposing target.
    I could go on and on about all of the exploitable locations and tactics in HvV, but instead I will just get to the point, which is that the target system needs to be completely eliminated from the mode. HvV should be reorganized into a team death match/Hero Blast mode. The first team to 100 kills wins.

The cheap tactics I have mentioned will no longer benefit players who wish to utilize them. They will be forced to fight, or their teams will suffer the consequences. HvV matches should be won via skill, not exploiting. Removing the target system and turning HvV into a team death match setting is the one surefire way to make this happen.
    I do not believe that what HvV has devolved in to was the developers' intention. I think they would have scratched this target system idea if they knew how aggressively it would be exploited.

Moderator Notice

TDM. Nice to see you back!
  • I had a game where one round lasted twenty minutes because Darth Maul constantly ran away. It took us forever to catch him and kill him. Also the player bottom of our scoreboard had 7000 more points than the player at the top of theirs. Had it been TDM we would have destroyed them, but instead the game lasted 45 minutes because they constantly ran away.

Moderator Notice

Hello I understand that all too well your pain, it is true that the riders pollute the part of people, I myself and in a repeated manner is kind of gameplay, here is a small video of a very enervating boba. There are several problems that do not go into HvsV, and one solution will not solve all the problems. However turning HvsV into a deathmatch will not change the problem of the game, on the contrary, you will be confronted with the same 4 heroes in each side: those who do the biggest damage quickly. To know Iden / Boba / Palpatine / Maul vs. Chewie / Lando / Rey / Han. In the Gentiles, you have a lot of humanoid who can not jump on the roofs or protect themselves from the power of the force, you are obliged to undergo the game of the Villains and that is why there is this feeling of imbalance between the 2 camps.
    Boba has prolonged exposure in him base, so it's a hero with 4 star cards, prevent boba from waiting for high areas does not prevent him from turning in circles on the map, and it's not Finn who will be able to help you, a smart boba will never let himself be approached and his hunter instinct couldawn plus his basic tank, he can all the time run

https://youtu.be/Lf4kGZk_BlM
    0kzcwhxpqp73.gif
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    I’d rather a new TDM mode than eliminating the current version. I’m sure some people like the target system and it’d be kinda shady to take it away from them. It’s the same way I view GA, I don’t like the hero spam and wouldnt want to take away people’s fun that have paid for it but would gladly play a large scale trooper mode that was separate.

^ This. Adding a new mode and giving people options would be great. Taking away a mode in a game people paid for would upset anyone who enjoys it as is.

Moderator Notice

I understand very well your pain, it is very common to meet players who are just running with maul / luke / Boba. The case HvV involves several problems and it is not by removing the target system that they will arrange.
    1 People have the impression that the Vilans are stronger than the heroes, it's half wrong, the main problem is that there are many more hero on the side of the vilans who are agile and can jump on the rooftops houses and there is very little hero on the side of the gentiles who can block the power of the force. The Gentiles will have much more difficulty in chasing the villain because it will run, climb stairs, go through doors ..... When you have a little more like Obi Wan Jedi Anakin ert, pourez have full team of jedi on map like yavin 4 or tatouine or it will be much less painful to chase the fugitives.

2 Boba feet has "Exposure" prolonged "inlaid in l" Hunter Instinct ", so you have a hero who plays with 4 cards stars, if it would be a bug would remove a player would be forced to equip" Extended Exposure "to fly as long This would be to the detriment of another card increasing its combat power, preventing it from reaching certain heights on the map does not prevent it from going round in circles on the map to infinity, and is not finn who will get you out of the. A good
    Boba can not be approached.

3 If you want to put the deathmatch hero, the format 4vs 4 is not adapted, more only the heroes doing the greatest damage on short duration or the heroes endowed with the body will be spammed, expect you Iden / Palpatine / Boba.Vador vs. HAN / Lando / Chewie / REY, all support heroes will take the dust, personally I like the target system because you have to attack and defend at the same time, it's up to you to judge the situation to see if you have to rusher or run away.

That's why I think that a timer of about 2 minutes would be the best solution ^^ and put an end to all its problems

https://youtu.be/Lf4kGZk_BlM
    0kzcwhxpqp73.gif
  • TDM would be a terrible mess because the characters don’t balance against one another individually (and they never will).
    With nothing to encourage teamwork, players would be scattered across the map, easy pickings for Vader, Chewie, and the other characters who hold a significant advantage in 1v1s.

Despite its glaring flaw (runaways), the current system at least encourages team play and staying together. The better fix, IMO, is to implement a TDM-style score of 50-100 points and make the target worth more points, with individual kills counting for one point. This still rewards good team play, discourages non-targets from recklessly throwing themselves at the other team, and diminishes the reward for running, as a good team of four will be able to capitalize on the 3v4 advantage if someone does decide to run.
  • One of the problems with the target system is Boba Fett.

He can reach places and use map exploits that the heroes can't, meaning that sometimes when Boba Fett is target the Dark Side pretty much can't lose. Some of the blaster heroes have counters for a flying Boba Fett, but if Boba Fett is in a place the heroes can't even reach, it's basically game-breaking.
  • The_Rookie
    3870 posts Member
    edited September 2018

Despite its glaring flaw (runaways), the current system at least encourages team play and staying together.
    The current system encourages running, hiding and exploiting.

Despite its glaring flaw (runaways), the current system at least encourages team play and staying together.

It can be both.

Correct

Despite its flaw, the current system is still better than a free-for-all featuring wildly unbalanced units. Nerf herders would be out in force demanding all the characters balance perfectly against each other, which is never gonna happen.

Despite its flaw, the current system is still better than a free-for-all featuring wildly unbalanced units. Nerf herders would be out in force demanding all the characters balance perfectly against each other, which is never gonna happen.

We don't know that a TDM wouldn't work because it hasn't bee implemented at all in this game. The target system is terrible that is a fact, turning into a deathmatch can't possibly be worse because all the problems in HvV right now is because of the target system.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »

We don't know that a TDM wouldn't work because it hasn't bee implemented at all in this game. The target system is terrible that is a fact, turning into a deathmatch can't possibly be worse because all the problems in HvV right now is because of the target system.

What we do know is that the characters don’t balance well in head to head matchups, and TDM would result in much greater emphasis on 1v1s. This is exactly why HvV 2015 was round based and included troopers. It’s the same reason the current system exists. I’m all for doing something to discourage runners, but TDM would be an unbalanced mess, dominated by players who get to the most powerful characters first.

What we do know is that the characters don’t balance well in head to head matchups, and TDM would result in much greater emphasis on 1v1s. This is exactly why HvV 2015 was round based and included troopers. It’s the same reason the current system exists. I’m all for doing something to discourage runners, but TDM would be an unbalanced mess, dominated by players who get to the most powerful characters first.

Why would TDM result in a "much greater emphasis on 1v1's"?
    I would think you would still want to stick with your team and try to find fights that favor you.

Why would TDM result in a "much greater emphasis on 1v1's"?
    I would think you would still want to stick with your team and try to find fights that favor you.

More 1v1s because there’s no unifying goal.
  • Its just the maps that allows running. For example , mos eisley,endor,yavin 4 , takodana, are all pure biased maps. They need to close the map smaller from top to bottom side to side.
  • Yep, I completely agree. HvV needs to be reconfigured into a TDM.
  • I play battlefront regularly but rarely get into HvV. I just don’t really enjoy the current mode. I think a weekend event like they did with the reduced cost of vehicles would be a good way to test a new mode, say team Death match.
  • Easy solution nerf Rey
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    I’d rather a new TDM mode than eliminating the current version. I’m sure some people like the target system and it’d be kinda shady to take it away from them. It’s the same way I view GA, I don’t like the hero spam and wouldnt want to take away people’s fun that have paid for it but would gladly play a large scale trooper mode that was separate.

I completely agree with this, let the modes stay as they are.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget

It is unbalanced either way, TDM would just do away with runners and hiders.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • This system is probably the worst idea anyone could come up with, it needs to be changed and the one responsible should get sacked. Still, none of that will happen...

Good luck trying to change their minds, just take a look at the so called changes they made to lightsaber combat.
    Beta tester for STAR WARS™ Bugfront 2™.

What were they thinking?

Still better than having to go 1v4 the entire match cause the enemy team is stacked and your teammates keep dying/running around on their on.
    Also better than becoming the target as, lets say, Leia, and have Vader or Boba become the enemy target.
    Beta tester for STAR WARS™ Bugfront 2™.

What were they thinking?
  • TDM for sure. Not only do runners, campers and exploiters make it unbalanced, but the fact that getting selected as the target comes at the most inopportune time of being selected she yourr alone against 4 opponents, selected when you're 125m away fro your team, sometimes the audio cue letting you know you're the target doesn't work, etc.
  • upulr6727cqs.jpeg
    Stop rewarding running targets! 1/2 of our Random team dropped presumably because they were so sick and tired of chasing. Me and one other person were still doing well all things considered, but when the enemy team’s target continues to run, what chance do we have to play the game, much less have any fun while doing so.
    Hero TDM. How. Hard. Can. It. Be?
    In 1977, a single shot rang out at the Cantina.... No first, no second. Han shot - end of statement.

PSN: Han_Spinel
    Youtube: Han Spinel
    Twitter: @Han_Spinel
    The Unofficial Star Wars Battlefront Campaign Companion
  • Timer for targets, that is very simple solution, 5 minutes per target and then change target.
  • quenaelin wrote: »
    Timer for targets, that is very simple solution, 5 minutes per target and then change target.

That would make hiding and running even worse
  • quenaelin wrote: »
    Timer for targets, that is very simple solution, 5 minutes per target and then change target.

That would make hiding and running even worse

With timer you can't hide forever using game glitches, now you can. I hope devs will fix glitches so hiding will be much harder.
  • TDM.

If you can't remove the target system, just make everyone the target, and add twenty or so more kills to the target count. TDM right there.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

• While I agree HvV has a problem with cowardly “heroes” I’m not sure TDM is the answer.
    What about placing timers on heroes? If a hero player doesn’t engage in combat within a certain amount of time then the timer starts. If the player doesn’t engage in combat before the timer ends then they die and the kill goes to the other team. Might do away with the cowards who run, hide and use map exploits. I can’t see a way to balance the teams for TDM without nerfs or buffs which will only lead to more problems.
    The hero timer feature should work across all modes with heroes and not just HvV.
  • No
    The system is fine the way it is
  • Was thinking this last night when i went to play three rounds of HvV for the 500 add'l creds. And look, a topic has already been started. I only played one round because the first took way too long. Wanted to get to GA. Anyway, voting for a timer or some other discouragement to avoiding confrontation in a vs. mode. These characters have awesome abilities and weapons. Let us not make cowards of heroes.
  • Showerthought. How’s this for an idea.

Blast style first to 50 or 100 kills. The highest scoring player on each team becomes a priority target that awards five kills to the enemy when they are defeated.

Thoughts?
  • I would also be happy if they changed HvV to be TDM mode instead of kill the target mode. This also helps balance your odds when you have a team that is always rushing the other team and not helping defend the target. I have had many matches where my team has more eliminations than the opposing team, but they still won due to the whole kill the target model.
    xg2dfu234qjw.png

• +1 I hate getting on with horrible teammates who don't understand this broken system enough to try and work around it
    *dies as the target*
    "When was I the target"
  • Tonight's highlights - Yoda player hides in the racks on Death Star 2 while Luke ran around force push g people back and repeat, Boba flew around and out of reach on Yavin 4, Maul ran around the same match, entire darkside targets tool turns camped around Phasma's droid with Vader in the the Rancor pit. All different teams.

It's common knowledge that this is how lowskilled player can increase their chances of winning. It's not fun for those of us who want to have enhancements, not chase after players.