criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Devs, HvV Target System MUST be Eliminated ASAP

Replies

• I run sometimes...it's usually the best strategy. That's just how it is. I 100% agree
  • Sanga wrote: »
    Showerthought. How’s this for an idea.

Blast style first to 50 or 100 kills. The highest scoring player on each team becomes a priority target that awards five kills to the enemy when they are defeated.

Thoughts?

As a new game mode or as a replacement? Yes to the former, no to the latter.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • I wont say straight up TDM is the answer, but it sure isn't good at all in the state its in. The fact the Insta-target change when a teammate dies is still around is ridiculous.

Its a horrible gameplay mechanic that punishes you for being the last one alive. Whats the point of a timer alert if you can be Insta-targetted at 2 seconds left on the timer?
  • Outrider
    163 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I wont say straight up TDM is the answer, but it sure isn't good at all in the state its in. The fact the Insta-target change when a teammate dies is still around is ridiculous.

Its a horrible gameplay mechanic that punishes you for being the last one alive. Whats the point of a timer alert if you can be Insta-targetted at 2 seconds left on the timer?

It's even worse when it makes you insta-target while you're already dying, like you just got thrown off a ledge and become target in midair.
  • Outrider wrote: »
    I wont say straight up TDM is the answer, but it sure isn't good at all in the state its in. The fact the Insta-target change when a teammate dies is still around is ridiculous.

It's even worse when it makes you insta-target while you're already dying, like you just got thrown off a ledge and become target in midair.

It's so easy to abuse it too, many times we purposely leave one person alive because we know they are gonna be the target and he gets killed nearly the nanosecond he becomes the target.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Yes. Please remove it. However.... satisfying when you kill them.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Outrider wrote: »

It's so easy to abuse it too, many times we purposely leave one person alive because we know they are gonna be the target and he gets killed nearly the nanosecond he becomes the target.

• hatreds_wrath
    293 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Empire_TW wrote: »

A HUGE issue like this is something I cant believe hasnt been addressed yet. And yes, if the team is organized enough/in party chat, this is incredibly abusable. After you kill 3 people, just let the last person barely survive till they become the target. Boom easy score as the rest of their team is respawning or on the other side of the map. It's just god awful game design that I can not believe they've not tried to solve over other things.

I recall the announcement about how it now features an audible warning, but what is the point of that if you get instatargeted at 2 or less seconds anyway if that person dies? Without a doubt the most redundant update we got as far as HvV goes
  • IcedFreon wrote: »

yup a very easily exploitable system
    kay4dnh923zs.png
  • First I was suggesting TDM with you thinking that TDM would be much better, but I somehow changed my mind, I don't know how TDM could be as much fun as this target system is, TDM would be counting only kills and you couldn't use running and hiding tactics anymore, it could be quite dull and boring system, I somehow like this HvV hunt mode where people are hiding and running around like a mad, it gives this game mode survival game feeling. HvV TDM mode would not give that same feeling being hunted.
  • A 4v4 TDM will be boring. Make it a An 8v8 and HvV and tdm will be good. TDM is boring and what just have boba barrage, respawn so he can do it again. There are more bad things than good things to happen in a hero blast version.

Ah I think I’ve been the victim of this many times in matches!
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • I still support having a Hero Blast instead of a target system. The old system has just gotten so stale with all of the exploiters, and I have been playing HvV religiously.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • +666 order 66's
    "I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you!"
  • Empire_TW
    6070 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    IcedFreon wrote: »

As the darkside we've had some people on the other team try to jump off the map when they are about to become target. But Kylo has his freeze...
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Billkwando
    1741 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Yes, let's remove the target system, so random folks have no choice but to get constantly steamrolled by experienced players in groups, with no way to challenge those players. If they fixed matchmaking so it was skill based, then that would be a different story.

Yes, it can be irritating, but that bit of running around is sometimes the only way a casual player has to level the playing field, especially when their team isn't helping.

I guarantee you the quitting problem would get so much worse if folks had no way to troll more skilled teams. I'm not a runner 95% of the time, but the maniacal laughter that comes out of me when I do choose to run.....

Let's just say that every now and then, it's a hoot.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
    lerodemmy wrote: »

Despite its glaring flaw (runaways), the current system at least encourages team play and staying together.
    The current system encourages running, hiding and exploiting.

Despite its flaw, the current system is still better than a free-for-all featuring wildly unbalanced units. Nerf herders would be out in force demanding all the characters balance perfectly against each other, which is never gonna happen.

We don't know that a TDM wouldn't work because it hasn't bee implemented at all in this game. The target system is terrible that is a fact, turning into a deathmatch can't possibly be worse because all the problems in HvV right now is because of the target system.

What we do know is that the characters don’t balance well in head to head matchups, and TDM would result in much greater emphasis on 1v1s. This is exactly why HvV 2015 was round based and included troopers. It’s the same reason the current system exists. I’m all for doing something to discourage runners, but TDM would be an unbalanced mess, dominated by players who get to the most powerful characters first.

Why would TDM result in a "much greater emphasis on 1v1's"?
    I would think you would still want to stick with your team and try to find fights that favor you.

More 1v1s because there’s no unifying goal.

The unifying goal is to kill and survive. Both of which are best served by staying grouped.
    Versatti wrote: »
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.
  • TDM will foster even more quitting.
  • TDM will foster even more quitting.

Care to elaborate on why you believe that?
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.
    lerodemmy wrote: »

Despite its glaring flaw (runaways), the current system at least encourages team play and staying together.
    The current system encourages running, hiding and exploiting.

Despite its flaw, the current system is still better than a free-for-all featuring wildly unbalanced units. Nerf herders would be out in force demanding all the characters balance perfectly against each other, which is never gonna happen.

We don't know that a TDM wouldn't work because it hasn't bee implemented at all in this game. The target system is terrible that is a fact, turning into a deathmatch can't possibly be worse because all the problems in HvV right now is because of the target system.

What we do know is that the characters don’t balance well in head to head matchups, and TDM would result in much greater emphasis on 1v1s. This is exactly why HvV 2015 was round based and included troopers. It’s the same reason the current system exists. I’m all for doing something to discourage runners, but TDM would be an unbalanced mess, dominated by players who get to the most powerful characters first.

Why would TDM result in a "much greater emphasis on 1v1's"?
    I would think you would still want to stick with your team and try to find fights that favor you.

More 1v1s because there’s no unifying goal.

The unifying goal is to kill and survive. Both of which are best served by staying grouped.

The average player won’t recognize that. They don’t in standard TDM either.
  • Billkwando wrote: »
    Yes, let's remove the target system, so random folks have no choice but to get constantly steamrolled by experienced players in groups, with no way to challenge those players. If they fixed matchmaking so it was skill based, then that would be a different story.

Yes, it can be irritating, but that bit of running around is sometimes the only way a casual player has to level the playing field, especially when their team isn't helping.

I guarantee you the quitting problem would get so much worse if folks had no way to troll more skilled teams. I'm not a runner 95% of the time, but the maniacal laughter that comes out of me when I do choose to run.....

Ughghghghghghg!!! If you keep running, you will never gain the experience to contest the more experienced! I can’t even....

The rules of HvV are stated every change of target: “Attack or defend the Target.” No running, no hiding, you’re literally instructed to attack or defend.

In case anyone was misled, here’s a definition of a “level playing field:” a level playing field is a concept about fairness, not that each player has an equal chance to succeed, but that they all play by the same set of rules. In a game played on a playing field, such as rugby, one team would have an unfair advantage if the field had a slope.
    In 1977, a single shot rang out at the Cantina.... No first, no second. Han shot - end of statement.

PSN: Han_Spinel
    Youtube: Han Spinel
    Twitter: @Han_Spinel
    The Unofficial Star Wars Battlefront Campaign Companion

Under the current target system, this video demonstrates a valid tactic.
  • I wouldn’t mind if they added a hero blast but the team count would definitely have to be raised. 4v4 will be terrible. 6v6 would be better, especially when there’ll be ten to choose from.
  • Why not just revert to 2015 HvV that one was awesome!!
  • IcedFreon
    807 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Billkwando wrote: »

The people chasing you were ****. Why would they chase you directly and not try and cut you off. Especially kylo. All he had to to was pull or freeze you with all of that jumping you were doing. Amateurs.
    This would have been you if I was chasing you

I just find the whole argument funny when we're talking about a bunch of super experienced players who most likely already win all the time, whining because they're mad that they can't win just a little bit more..... at the expense of players who are likely far less experienced, and most likely randoms at that.

Yep.

Skill HAS to be the number one factor in deciding a fight. I'm all for skill based matchmaking but the target system needs to go.
  • KaPowaFie wrote: »
    Why not just revert to 2015 HvV that one was awesome!!

I don't like playing a hero mode and having to play as a trooper half of the time.
  • KaPowaFie wrote: »
    Why not just revert to 2015 HvV that one was awesome!!

The problem with that is the trooper classes would dominate. It'd be flash grenade and vanguard spam.

If they gave each team only Aerials, that might work.

Skill HAS to be the number one factor in deciding a fight. I'm all for skill based matchmaking but the target system needs to go.

They do have skill........at running.

200.gif

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!!!!
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
    Billkwando wrote: »

They do have skill........at running.

200.gif

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!!!!

Incredible skill.
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    The system is fine

It encourages exploits, cheating, and running away for 90% of the game instead of a fair test of skill.
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    TjPunx wrote: »
    The system is fine

No, it's actually terrible. I have to say, however, judging by our in-game meetings, I understand why you like it.

g4t4nut4u7yy.gif
    In 1977, a single shot rang out at the Cantina.... No first, no second. Han shot - end of statement.

PSN: Han_Spinel
    Youtube: Han Spinel
    Twitter: @Han_Spinel
    The Unofficial Star Wars Battlefront Campaign Companion
  • Hatchet_
    15 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Just had this happen to me today. There's no way of getting to boba fett without falling to your death. This guy had the nerve to do this even though my team was gonna lose the match anyway. I am so sick of this..
    2wzef3b1vb7x.jpg
    TDM would be a terrible mess because the characters don’t balance against one another individually (and they never will).
    With nothing to encourage teamwork, players would be scattered across the map, easy pickings for Vader, Chewie, and the other characters who hold a significant advantage in 1v1s.

Despite its glaring flaw (runaways), the current system at least encourages team play and staying together. The better fix, IMO, is to implement a TDM-style score of 50-100 points and make the target worth more points, with individual kills counting for one point. This still rewards good team play, discourages non-targets from recklessly throwing themselves at the other team, and diminishes the reward for running, as a good team of four will be able to capitalize on the 3v4 advantage if someone does decide to run.

This is exactly what I was thinking while reading this thread. every match its either run-and-hide stalemates or total gank fests. Implementing a TDM attack and defend hybrid would allow more freedom to go after the other heroes without compromising teamplay. It'll discourage targeted players from using exploits such as the image above because there would be no point in using them anymore, which could result in more comebacks from a losing team that manages to kill more targeted players. Running and hiding would also turn from a cheap and annoying tactic to a reasonable decision if it meant the difference between winning and losing a close match, but not guaranteeing anything.
    rollind24 wrote: »
    I’d rather a new TDM mode than eliminating the current version. I’m sure some people like the target system and it’d be kinda shady to take it away from them. It’s the same way I view GA, I don’t like the hero spam and wouldnt want to take away people’s fun that have paid for it but would gladly play a large scale trooper mode that was separate.

^ This. Adding a new mode and giving people options would be great. Taking away a mode in a game people paid for would upset anyone who enjoys it as is.

While I get where you're coming from, this would only split the player base even more which mean finding games would take longer. And no one wants that. Or better yet, replace Hero Showdown.
    Post edited by Hatchet_ on
  • Dash wrote: »
    The importance carried with this thread is deserving of the front page daily. This subject needs attention.

This^^

Im tired of runners

Did have a funny one

Last target. Whole round he was running
    He got caught between the transports on starkiller base
    And I flamethrowed him and then emoted, theres not escape from me.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Amen to this. If DICE wants to show that they are still serious about this game they should implement these easy but so much needed fixes.
  • I think I forgot to vote...
    T
    D
    M
    21 years in the making... the wait is almost over. Pre-order RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
  • CarapaceonMenace
    2042 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    10 minutes just to hunt boba fett for one point. On Yavin, no less. Please fix this garbage.

And can we please fix grounded shooting and blocking, as well as the ridiculous 240 degree block area.
    Post edited by CarapaceonMenace on
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • 10 minutes just to hunt boba fett for one point. On Yavin, no less. Please fix this garbage.

And can we please fix grounded shooting and blocking, as well as the ridiculous 240 degree block area.

I've chased Bobas and Mauls for more than that unfortunately.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • lerodemmy
    3334 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    So here are my true thoughts on this:
    HvV, the mode that hero players want to be great, is awful. It's been awful for 10 months because of the target system and outrageously poor balancing.

I find it pathetic and ridiculous that trooper skins are more important to the developers and to most of the community than fixing HvV.

And this thread (which has now been posted three different times) continues to show that the players who actually care would much prefer to see the target system come to an end. Maybe it's time to start listening and fix HvV.
    Post edited by lerodemmy on
    21 years in the making... the wait is almost over. Pre-order RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    So here are my true thoughts on this:
    HvV, the mode that hero players want to be great, is awful. It's been awful for 10 months because of the target system and outrageously poor balancing.

I find it pathetic and ridiculous that trooper skins are more important to the developers and to most of the community than fixing HvV.

And this thread (which has now been posted three different times) continues to show that the players who actually care would much prefer to see the target system come to an end. Maybe it's time to start listening and fix HvV.

I think that TDM will bring more problem than it will solve, it is certain, and I respect your opignon, that at the moment, HvV is a mode which is extremely frustrating of his players who exploit the slightest flaw of the system to play like cancer, but to make HvV a simple deathmatch will no longer favor the team system, only the heroes who have a great offensive power will be spammed and the defensive heroes will be left out. The solutions to settle this are simple:

-add a timer for a change of target
    -corrupt bug "instinct of hunter" of boba feet
    -To ensure that a frozen hero can move from a certain scale of damage received

and I agree with you on one last point, I find it really annoying that DICE is more preocupe to make skin and bring lean content that solve the problems, have more map, wait 1 year for 1 planet while we suffer every day is perpetual imbalance and is lot of bug / glitch, it is just spread the bugs / imbalances on more planets but it does not change anything.