criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Seasons/Promised content removal? What is going on?

You know when you get that sinking feeling in your stomach, right before your highschool girlfriend breaks up with you? Kinda of feeling that about the removal of seasons and more from the official beginners guide overview of the game. How many of you out there feel like DICE is trying to sneakily close shop on this game and leave us holding our "you know what" in our hands?

Replies

• The Beginning of the End.
  • I think it is fine. They wouldn't go back on their promises. It would mean even worse publicity. We will get what is coming to us. We won't be left behind.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Lol, jump to conclusions much?

The beginners guide should be a good sign. Bringing in new players.

The seasons tab was removed because they are no longer doing seasons.

Notice how they've never called the clone wars content season 3.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• I got that sinking feeling when I saw TLJ...This thing [BF2] is still getting serviced...until the open world SW game is released - or an official LucasFilm licensed video game hits the shelf. Then this thing is dead. ..

Can't get too worried otherwise ya know...I have 1750 hrs in BF2, feel like I got my money's worth but of course would love a few new maps and several blasters & armaments to explore leading up to EP IX rollout...
    Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...

• Devlin21 wrote: »
    Lol, jump to conclusions much?

The ONLY "season" the game has had was the Solo Season. Forum Apes were referring to "Season 1" and "Season 2" etc. since the game launched, as if EA or DICE had ever used the term. Which they hadn't.
  • Their "seasons" for this particular game weren't really deserving of the title "seasons" anyway.

True. They were more like seasonings.

A pinch of this, a...dare I say... @Dash of that.
  • While I don't think the removal of the "season" tab is anything to worry about, this is an example of how EA could have (and probably should have) simply made an announcement instead of letting the community figure things out for themselves. Maybe they thought nobody would notice?
  • IronSoldier
    3231 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    I mean. We have a different community manager now. So the naming of events will change to their liking tbh. I didn't like the idea of seasons as it has a connotation to length and time.
  • Billkwando
    1239 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    When I first got the game, I remember there being a TLJ (or was it TFA?) season, complete with picking your "faction" for the season, with something vaguely related to which challenges you got. Dark side won, IIRC. It's when we got Phasma.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • We have no control at all over what this game's ultimate fate will be. Just play the game if you're still having fun, and if at any point this game ceases to be fun, move on with your life.

The state of this game does not define any of us.

• I think it is fine. They wouldn't go back on their promises. It would mean even worse publicity. We will get what is coming to us. We won't be left behind.

If it's on the roadmap, I'd say there's no way it isn't going to happen. Maybe something gets delayed here or there, but still going to happen. What comes next will be revealed in time.
  • Devlin21 wrote: »
    Lol, jump to conclusions much?

pqp2qv9b4afm.jpeg

• May have let my brain go off the deep end a bit with this one. I like everones comments, somewhat reassuring.
  • I mean. We have a different community manager now. So the naming of events will change to their liking tbh. I didn't like the idea of seasons as it has a connotation to length and time.

Makes sense, probably doesn't mean anything. Just cleaning up around the office basically?
  • Not sure if Seasons are permanently gone, since they’ve said before that Seasons are saved for special events like the release of a new Star Wars movie. But yeah, seasons definitely won’t be regular content releases they were intended to be.
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif
  • They will replace "Seasons" tab with "Roadmap" tab

:*
  • I asked the same "What is going on?" question. Sadly, I don't think we'll ever get answers.
  • Don't panic
    yd4o649khmpv.gif
    False alarm everything is OK.