criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Community Transmission

AT-RT requires a few improvements

I enjoy playing as the AT-RT, but I feel there are a couple of ways to make it effective enough to be considered an armored vehicle for the Light Side. First off I don't have any issue with its health as the main target when dealing with the AT-RT is the driver himself and the repair function works properly. My issue is its sluggish movement while turning and dealing with terrain. The stiff control and physics are mainly why players tend to die so easily as an AT-RT while under heavy fire. The control should be tweaked a bit so they feel smoother. It would also be interesting to have the AT-RTs be capable of jumping just like they did in the Clone Wars series to traverse better in terrain.

The major problem I have is just how quickly it's primary weapon overheats. As a result, the AT-RT struggles to do a major amount of damage against enemy vehicles when not attacking the weak point. Also if the AT-RT continuously misses its target, the enemy will be capable of attacking back shooting at the driver. AT-RTs also need a major buff when dealing damage against the AT-STs. Right now AT-RTs fall so easily to the AT-STs even shooting its weak point barely does much to it giving the AT-ST enough time to react and destroy the AT-RT since it has much better mobility compared to an AAT.

The cost for AT-RTs should also be reduced to maybe about 600 to 800 battle points considering how easy it is to destroy them when not moving around so much. I imagine players choose not to play as AT-RTs as they can die so easily when not used effective thus wasting 1,500 battle points so easily. I would imagine the future STAPs having the same issue if they cost the same as AT-RTs as they'll have similar weaknesses. Make the AT-RTs more effective if that's the only armored vehicle the Light Side will get on certain maps.

Replies

• Rebels (Resistance also but I don't care about the Sequels), were horrible with the ground armored vehicles. Their strength was on the infantry and Space combat. I agree with you completly but the AT-RT aren't capable of facing any Imperial Vehicle, mainly because the ATST were an improved AT-RT.
  • Film wise it makes sense they're much weaker, but gameplay wise they need to be more balanced with each other.
    Llunots wrote: »
    Rebels (Resistance also but I don't care about the Sequels), were horrible with the ground armored vehicles. Their strength was on the infantry and Space combat. I agree with you completly but the AT-RT aren't capable of facing any Imperial Vehicle, mainly because the ATST were an improved AT-RT.