criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

A Message to HvV Steamrollers

First, this really only applies to groups of four who are mic’d up. It’s just an idea. A thought. When you’re dominating the opposition to the point where you random opponents are just quitting match after match and you really are spending most of your time just hunting down 3, 2, and then 1 opponent, might I suggest a different approach. Why not just engage the enemy with equal numbers? Your remaining team just waits their turn. In the long chance that the opposition wins the ‘fair’ fight then the spectators step up. Your opponents will have reduced health, you’re still going to win the match, and this would display a level of sportsmanship while maintaining some modicum of fun. Even as a random I’ve been on plenty of steamrolls and for me it’s really not fun to hunt down 2 or 1 as four. But that’s just me. Anyway, like I said it’s just a thought. Take it as you will.

Replies

• First, this really only applies to groups of four who are mic’d up. It’s just an idea. A thought. When you’re dominating the opposition to the point where you random opponents are just quitting match after match and you really are spending most of your time just hunting down 3, 2, and then 1 opponent, might I suggest a different approach. Why not just engage the enemy with equal numbers? Your remaining team just waits their turn. In the long chance that the opposition wins the ‘fair’ fight then the spectators step up. Your opponents will have reduced health, you’re still going to win the match, and this would display a level of sportsmanship while maintaining some modicum of fun. Even as a random I’ve been on plenty of steamrolls and for me it’s really not fun to hunt down 2 or 1 as four. But that’s just me. Anyway, like I said it’s just a thought. Take it as you will.

We've been doing this for as long as I can recall, and from my experience, still the only "team" that does it.

You're welcome....
    In 1977, a single shot rang out at the Cantina.... No first, no second. Han shot - end of statement.

PSN: Han_Spinel
    Youtube: Han Spinel
    Twitter: @Han_Spinel
    The Unofficial Star Wars Battlefront Campaign Companion
  • I already do this

And when I’m outnumbered by steamrollers I continue to try my hardest just to troll them
    It’s actually quite funny when I’m outnumbered and my opponents still struggle against me
  • I'll do target 1v1s if I'm instructed too but otherwise I just choose to ease the suffering, the outcome will be the same and the sooner it ends the sooner a new match starts with full teams.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Han_Spinel wrote: »
    First, this really only applies to groups of four who are mic’d up. It’s just an idea. A thought. When you’re dominating the opposition to the point where you random opponents are just quitting match after match and you really are spending most of your time just hunting down 3, 2, and then 1 opponent, might I suggest a different approach. Why not just engage the enemy with equal numbers? Your remaining team just waits their turn. In the long chance that the opposition wins the ‘fair’ fight then the spectators step up. Your opponents will have reduced health, you’re still going to win the match, and this would display a level of sportsmanship while maintaining some modicum of fun. Even as a random I’ve been on plenty of steamrolls and for me it’s really not fun to hunt down 2 or 1 as four. But that’s just me. Anyway, like I said it’s just a thought. Take it as you will.

We've been doing this for as long as I can recall, and from my experience, still the only "team" that does it.

You're welcome....

That’s really cool, man. A tip of the hat to you and your pals. It’s refreshingly positive to see this sort of thing.
  • F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Han_Spinel wrote: »

You're welcome....

Respect.
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• Empire_TW wrote: »
    I'll do target 1v1s if I'm instructed too but otherwise I just choose to ease the suffering, the outcome will be the same and the sooner it ends the sooner a new match starts with full teams.

I understand that. It’s how it usually manifests and inescapable with randoms. I’ve seen many of y’alls videos though, and with such skilled teams, the new match will generally end up the same way.
  • I just go with a bunch of randoms, still make the whole enemy team.rage quit when i get a good team.

Can't do anything about it .
    Im not gonna sit back if my other teammates aren't imo.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Devlin21 wrote: »
    I just go with a bunch of randoms, still make the whole enemy team.rage quit when i get a good team.

Can't do anything about it .
    Im not gonna sit back if my other teammates aren't imo.

Yes true. It’s unavoidable unless mic’d up.