criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

False promises...

2Next

Replies

• DrX2345 wrote: »
    Defbored wrote: »
    Devlin21 wrote: »
    What happened to new heroes, weapons, etc? This was promised before launch, but where is it now? @F8RGE can you please address this? The first season contained 2 heroes that were ready before launch, as well as a map. Aside from that, Season 2 had some skins, a small map, and an old mode that was ported over, as well as a map that was ported over.

Were getting 4 new heroes in the coming months.

OMG that will definitely get me to reinstall this game again!!!!

I don't understand why people like this stick around. Not only do you longer play the game but you admit to not even having the game installed.

Obvious troll is obvious.

And from your posts especially in this thread, it's quite clear you don't understand fans, people who are still angry, people who could see what this game could of been and some still think could be.

You ask why people like him stick around, I could ask why you stick around, considering that you think the community is toxic and we caused the content drought.

Obvious troll is obvious?

I play this game almost every day.

And also come to forums every day.

So what has that got to do with you adding to the toxicity of the forums? Because you play you have a right to post, but those who don't play shouldn't post?

Still not sure why someone who thinks the community is toxic comes to the forums when you're obviously happy with the game.

I believe he is trying to say that those who don't play aren't in the loop, that they don't really know the main issues that the game is currently going through, or that they just shouldn't have a say.

Yea, because you've really got to be playing the game to know that there's been little content since release and that it's the communities fault.

Guess these forums are getting closer and closer to the echo chamber some crave for.

Gotcha.
    That is literally not what he said, I'm sorry. Obviously we haven't got much content since launch (probably at least partially due to the bad launch and aftermath of that), but people who don't play/participate in the forums complaining about stuff isn't helpful, and tends to be stuff that's been discussed months ago (lack of content etc). Obviously some of it is an ongoing problem, but at the same time if you complain about one thing when you don't know anything about the other things going on then it's not useful.

I think your mistaken. I was replying to a poster who said the community is toxic and we are at fault for the lack of content. He also wanted to know why people who don't play still hang around. Beasty, decided to interpret what he thought the person was actually saying, but you cannot be any clearer.

So the conversation is now changed to who should post and who shouldn't.
  • Defbored wrote: »
    What happened to new heroes, weapons, etc? This was promised before launch, but where is it now? @F8RGE can you please address this? The first season contained 2 heroes that were ready before launch, as well as a map. Aside from that, Season 2 had some skins, a small map, and an old mode that was ported over, as well as a map that was ported over.

I don't understand why people like this stick around. Not only do you longer play the game but you admit to not even having the game installed.

And from your posts especially in this thread, it's quite clear you don't understand fans, people who are still angry, people who could see what this game could of been and some still think could be.

You ask why people like him stick around, I could ask why you stick around, considering that you think the community is toxic and we caused the content drought.

So what has that got to do with you adding to the toxicity of the forums? Because you play you have a right to post, but those who don't play shouldn't post?

Still not sure why someone who thinks the community is toxic comes to the forums when you're obviously happy with the game.

I believe he is trying to say that those who don't play aren't in the loop, that they don't really know the main issues that the game is currently going through, or that they just shouldn't have a say.

Yea, because you've really got to be playing the game to know that there's been little content since release and that it's the communities fault.

Guess these forums are getting closer and closer to the echo chamber some crave for.

Gotcha.

For example, if someone missed out on the clone skins, then he/she should not cast judgement.

Should not cast judgement?

Wow, it gets better.

Please, tell me more reasons why people shouldn't be allowed to "cast" judgement.

Another example, the team introduced Crait...a wonderful map. If someone uninstalled the game and didn't have an opportunity to play this addition, surely he/she is out of the loop.

Gotcha.

For the record, I did not say that I express these opinions. I think that if you are involved in this community, then you are pretty informed. We will have to agree on the little content. But I think that will get better over time. Especially since so many devs are starting to come back from BF5.

For the record, it's wise to speak for yourself and not others.

And I must admit I missed the post or Comms about Devs coming back to this game from BF5.

Please can you link or show me. If so, then it could be a turnaround for the game.

Could...

Gotcha.

For the record, I did not say that I express these opinions. I think that if you are involved in this community, then you are pretty informed. We will have to agree on the little content. But I think that will get better over time. Especially since so many devs are starting to come back from BF5.

And I must admit I missed the post or Comms about Devs coming back to this game from BF5.

Please can you link or show me. If so, then it could be a turnaround for the game.

Could...

@Devlin21, you still got the link to those twitter posts?
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1

Gotcha.

Could...

Devlin21, you still got the link to those twitter posts?
    @Solomacedaddy They are starting to return right now.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1

Gotcha.

For example, if someone missed out on the clone skins, then he/she should not cast judgement.

Wow, it gets better.

Please, tell me more reasons why people shouldn't be allowed to "cast" judgement.

Another example, the team introduced Crait...a wonderful map. If someone uninstalled the game and didn't have an opportunity to play this addition, surely he/she is out of the loop.

Out of the loop yes, can still comment, yes. Your example fails to mention what exactly is the question,. Issue comment about Crait.

Gotcha.

Could...

Okay, no idea who he is or what he does, but seems legit.

Still on the could though. 😉

Gotcha.

Could...

8xgall7e1iw3.png
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

Gotcha.

Wow, it gets better.

To follow up on this, people who come to these forums have been her for a long time, tend to be pretty clued up on what's going down (bar Devs retuning :) ). When questions are asked or discussed or queried or complained about, they tend to have knowledge even if they don't play.

Let be honest, most people posting now are people who play and have issues, cannot play due to issues or the main one, lack of content, which leads us back to the beginning of what I was originally saying about being able to post until others decided to change the conversation.
  • Anyone can post for whatever reason. It’s freedom. Thing is, many people’s identity is wrapped around their freedom to point fingers, and cast judgements in the direction of others. This trait is exaggerated further when framed in the nameless, faceless context of a forum persona. It can be tiresome and in fact, destructive. Even if they are largely correct.
  • Devlin21 wrote: »

Gotcha.

Could...

8xgall7e1iw3.png

Cheers.

Let's see.

A comms about a robust revenue stream would change the could to a interesting. :smile:
  • So one tweet from one Dev means many are returning? What, does this mean the team is back to 5 guys?

Been playing since the beta and unfortunately for some of us this game has been badly mismanaged since launch. Loot crates, progression, broken hero abilities, kill switch Palps, lack of content for permanent modes but we get new maps for a rotating mode like JPC, no new weapons or even attachments for the default blasters, no new abilities, long time map exploits that we were told were fixed but aren’t, the Driodeka debacle, still ongoing issues with ping sites, team balancing and the list goes on and yet some people feel the community is at fault. Sure.

Here’s to hoping DICE eventually gets it right.... soon.
    #StarWars-y
  • DrX2345 wrote: »

Gotcha.
    That is literally not what he said, I'm sorry. Obviously we haven't got much content since launch (probably at least partially due to the bad launch and aftermath of that), but people who don't play/participate in the forums complaining about stuff isn't helpful, and tends to be stuff that's been discussed months ago (lack of content etc). Obviously some of it is an ongoing problem, but at the same time if you complain about one thing when you don't know anything about the other things going on then it's not useful.

I think your mistaken. I was replying to a poster who said the community is toxic and we are at fault for the lack of content. He also wanted to know why people who don't play still hang around. Beasty, decided to interpret what he thought the person was actually saying, but you cannot be any clearer.

Like I said... People complain about everything. The gaming community can be pretty toxic. I've seen people here call the devs "incompetent" more times that I can keep track off. That is a toxic environment. People are upset at the lack of content and fail to praise free content. Instead, they go on to be upset about the free content. That's the environment I'm talking about. Of coarse it's not everyone, but if the shoe fits...

As for posting here, if you haven't played the game in months then what helpful insight do you have to offer? None. All you bring to the table is more complaining based off of other peoples experiences. You're just here for attention and to complain. Adding the environment I just described.
    DrX2345 wrote: »

Gotcha.

I've seen people here call the devs "incompetent" more times that I can keep track off. People are upset at the lack of content and fail to praise free content.

Classic.
  • Phyrebrat
    822 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    The complaint about people complaining about the same things highlights the lunacy of these fora’s Rules about necro-ing; one I’ll never understand if the point of a forum is to offer some kind of passive assistance. But then maybe that’s intentional; errors get lost in the crosstalk and the developers/producers can deny it’s a genuine issue (?).

Secondly. The fact that the same questions/errors are being highlighted shows exactly that there is a problem, where and how.

Calling businesses out on poor customer service is not toxicity. Saying you love the game is not toxic either. My first passion in SW is flying SF but that restricts me to a tiny corner of this game which has had no love since launch. Hero starfighters is unplayable in the sense of finding other players but that’s not making hate GA Mainers and demanding others like what I like.

Use of the word toxic is becoming toxic; it’s like accusing someone of bullying or racism - it’s become a shortcut to try and win an online argument.

pH
  • Phyrebrat wrote: »
    The complaint about people complaining about the same things highlights the lunacy of these fora’s Rules about necro-ing; one I’ll necer understand if the point of a forum is to offer some kind of passive assistance. But then maybe tht’s intentional; errors get lost in the crosstalk?

Secondly. The fact that the same questions/errors are being highlighted shows exactly that there is a problem, where and how.

Calling businesses out on poor customer service is not toxicity. Saying love the game is not toxic either. My first passion in SW is flying SF and that restricts me to a tiny corner of this game which has had no love since launch. Hero starfighters is unplayable in the sense of finding other players bur that’s not making hate GA Mainers and demanding others like what I like.

Use of the word toxic is becoming toxic; it’s like accusing someone of bullying or racism - it’s become a shortcut to try and win an online argument.

pH

Hear hear.
  • Phyrebrat wrote: »
    The complaint about people complaining about the same things highlights the lunacy of these fora’s Rules about necro-ing; one I’ll never understand if the point of a forum is to offer some kind of passive assistance. But then maybe that’s intentional; errors get lost in the crosstalk and the developers/producers can deny it’s a genuine issue (?).

Calling businesses out on poor customer service is not toxicity. Saying you love the game is not toxic either. My first passion in SW is flying SF but that restricts me to a tiny corner of this game which has had no love since launch. Hero starfighters is unplayable in the sense of finding other players but that’s not making hate GA Mainers and demanding others like what I like.

pH

/Bows.
  • What happened to new heroes, weapons, etc? This was promised before launch, but where is it now? @F8RGE can you please address this? The first season contained 2 heroes that were ready before launch, as well as a map. Aside from that, Season 2 had some skins, a small map, and an old mode that was ported over, as well as a map that was ported over.

Ask me how many SFA maps they've added.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sort of an atypical/joke song, all their other songs are way better)

Gamertag: Billkwando
    Find me circling, and crashing, in Starfighter Assault.
  • Star Wars HQ did a video on a leak, possible new weapons for Clone Wars! That would fulfill almost everything... Cheers!
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • Return to us BF5 DEVS. You are our only hope
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    Return to us BF5 DEVS. You are our only hope

Star Wars HQ also said that was going to be happening. Double cheers!
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!