criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

When Jedi Master Kenobi comes, so to must The Old Hermit

Prev134
Piscettios
5814 posts Member
dgy0kdnisad0.jpeg
Probably all that needs to be said, but I’ll elaborate anyway. ;)

As excited as we all are for the clone Wars new heroes coming down the pipeline, I couldn’t help feeling slightly saddened that this meant Old Ben would most likely not be coming. But there is still hope... and that would be in the form of Old Ben skins. With the addition of young Han and Lando, there must be Old Ben skins for the PT Kenobi. He is a must include now that these skins have been released and depict entirely different looking and sounding heroes of the same name.

We cannot have PT Obiwan without his wiser mentor, later in life self. Old Ben is the last of the OT main characters not in the game. Alec’s depiction of the former master, is still the only portrayal to earn an Oscar and Golden Globe nomination. The noble sacrifice of giving own life so Luke could continue his journey, is one of the most iconic moments in movie history. Many among us wish to hear the kind old man’s voice and wise words while battling The Empire.

Old Ben and Farmboy Luke on Mos Eisley... The old man taking on Vader in HvV. These are the things I hope to be able to see and play out in this game. Two skins are all that is needed to give Sir Alec his proper due that should have been in the first game. Even if he had a love/hate for his character, most fans do not.

‘Old Hermit Ben’
um4mnsdbvau9.jpeg

‘Hooded Wise Master’
hqrnoncqx3yu.jpeg

Here’s some potential call outs, emotes and dialogue:
"You make me look positively young."
"Now then, let's see whos the better swordsman." - (To Dooku)
"It's not to late to retreat you know."
"Let's get this over with, shall we?"
"You're in over your head you know."
"Come.. Test your skills."
"Let's see what your master has taught you." (To any Sith)
"So much Anger" (To any Sith)
"We should've left you on tatooine." (To Vader)
"You're only a master of evil darth."
"You wont be winning this time, Darth."
"Not bad for an old man like me."
"You shouldnt have left your guard down like that."
"You have some skill it seems."
"Become one with the force."
"Nice try, but that wont get you anywhere."
“The Emperor, we’d best be cautious”
"I must face darth vader myself"
"I feel his presence ... I must face darth vader"
"A great distubance in the force”
“Use the Force”
Thanks to Elusive DJ and Bosskfan for the lines

os5s8bkhn89i.jpeg
Knights of Gareth
XBL- JsOnMyFett 13

Replies

• Anapoda
    741 posts Member
    Episode 3 McGregor or nothing.
  • We were cheated of him last game, he must be added this time around!
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • Spiito
    1819 posts Member
    The best emote was left out...
    2011 Krayt Dragon Call. (or a random cycle of each changed version)
    I'd happily play 'Ol Ben Kenobi.

giphy.gif
  • Old Ben should be his default skin honestly. I've been waiting for him since BF2015-- 3 years to finally recreate this scene...

w7dgm4svtlwm.gif

That gif is perfection :blush:
  • Levo
    238 posts Member
    Am i the only one who wants Episode 1 kenobi? :|
    Xbox GT: Levo18
  • Landeaux2 wrote: »
    Old Ben should be his default skin honestly. I've been waiting for him since BF2015-- 3 years to finally recreate this scene...

w7dgm4svtlwm.gif

Well if Obi Wan is put at the same power level as Luke and Yoda, you’ll be recreating this scene a lot:
    flj3rihbt3jt.gif

Lmao too true.
    ...Btw that should be his death animation (Old Ben only)

As a Kenobi connoisseur, I approve as well. But I think Old Ben should be the legendary/epic skin with PT Obi Wan as the default since it is a PT season.

I also agree with this and it's clearly going to be this way seeing as Obi is coming out in a CW season. I was mostly joking around and trolling at what I said, although I have been waiting 3 years to play as Old Ben, so he better be at least show up as Legendary skin with new voice lines and everything.
  • Levo wrote: »

I mean it'd be nice, and hopefully does come, but it's definitely not on most peoples priority list.
    II or III should be default, with Ben as a legendary, depending on his voice actor his clone Wars skins might be legendary as well.

• xmasterful
    619 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Levo wrote: »

I mean it'd be nice, and hopefully does come, but it's definitely not on most peoples priority list.
    II or III should be default, with Ben as a legendary, depending on his voice actor his clone Wars skins might be legendary as well.

I'd like to see young kenobi as well like the one in episode 1.
    bqlvd3s9on7k.gif

Also, robed kenobi like in episode 2 is good too like he is here on kamino.
    qlo7divbx0jw.gif

cucjqd5p8g4i.gif
    Remember the most powerful walk the line between rage and serenity.
  • mastery0ta
    6071 posts Member
    Yesssss :)
  • Piscettios
    5814 posts Member
    xmasterful wrote: »
    Levo wrote: »

I'd like to see young kenobi as well like the one in episode 1.
    bqlvd3s9on7k.gif

Also, robed kenobi like in episode 2 is good too like he is here on kamino.
    qlo7divbx0jw.gif

While Old Ben is top priority to me now that we’re at least getting a Episode 2/3 version... I would love it if they did at least one skin from all four movies.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Old Ben should be a top priority skin once his younger self is released
  • Piscettios
    5814 posts Member
    Old Ben should be a top priority skin once his younger self is released

407hslw9hi9e.gif

You will now refer to yourself as A_WI53_SH03*
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Piscettios wrote: »
    Old Ben should be a top priority skin once his younger self is released

407hslw9hi9e.gif

You will now refer to yourself as A_WI53_SH03*

2cuoy2.gif
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• Imagine the intro scene for HvV for lightside playing on tatooine being this:
    smne0irt6uyi.gif

cucjqd5p8g4i.gif
    Remember the most powerful walk the line between rage and serenity.
  • Piscettios
    5814 posts Member
    xmasterful wrote: »
    Imagine the intro scene for HvV for lightside playing on tatooine being this:
    smne0irt6uyi.gif

a0u6m3hfxboq.gif
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • xmasterful wrote: »
    Imagine the intro scene for HvV for lightside playing on tatooine being this:
    smne0irt6uyi.gif

We must be catious!
  • Piscettios
    5814 posts Member
    1jkmjf46uwgg.jpeg
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • JMaster
    2170 posts Member
    Here's hoping! The last OT lightside user I care about, a Legendary Old Ben outfit is hopefully on their roster for Season 3 skins : )
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • JackTHorn
    3600 posts Member
    I'd love to see that. Old Ben skin in the GCW matches, General Kenobi in the Clone Wars matches...

General Kenobi would fight different than Old Ben, but maybe they could account for that as a Legendary skin.

Azzatru had a mod video that showed a mod that turned Luke into Old Ben on Mos Eisley. Robes and hood and everything. That was pretty cool. I can't find the video at the moment but I'll keep looking.
  • Piscettios
    5814 posts Member
    JackTHorn wrote: »
    I'd love to see that. Old Ben skin in the GCW matches, General Kenobi in the Clone Wars matches...

General Kenobi would fight different than Old Ben, but maybe they could account for that as a Legendary skin.

Azzatru had a mod video that showed a mod that turned Luke into Old Ben on Mos Eisley. Robes and hood and everything. That was pretty cool. I can't find the video at the moment but I'll keep looking.

I bet they won’t change his play at all, but if Obi is tank-ish, a skin with an Alec Guinness voice impersonation will be perfectly fine with me.

If you find that video please post it here...haven’t seen it myself.

Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Small reminder, Obiwan without an Episode 4 skin:
    cgtp4l7ee51y.gif
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • I hope so.
    But without more maps for the different modes and different weapons .
    t2a5jt8f9r7q.gif
  • I hope so.
    t2a5jt8f9r7q.gif

The fact that this thread exists and we don’t have it already confirmed Old Ben is in, deserves a People’s Elbow.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Great thread. Old Ben is a must.
  • I want to slice-and-dice irksome aliens and mind-whammy weak minded Stormtroopers in the streets of Mos Eisley.
    If at all possible, I want an Old Ben skin to drop with the A New Hope versions of the main OT cast. Farmboy Luke, Scoundrel Solo, and Princess Leia. All of them on Mos Eisley. It'd be beautiful.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    I hope so.
    t2a5jt8f9r7q.gif

The fact that this thread exists and we don’t have it already confirmed Old Ben is in, deserves a People’s Elbow.

People's elbow?
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Dash wrote: »
    I have no doubt in my mind we will have ALL the Iconic Obi Skins varying from all ages/eras. :wink:

Great post! +1

#OTLoveForever
    #ALLObiSkinsMatter :sunglasses:

And yet I have EVERY doubt in my mind that we won't have an old Ben Skin, we didn't get old Luke, Leia, or Han soooooo....
  • I'd rather have all his clone wars skins than an " Old Ben " one. I realize I'm in the minority.
    PSN- CnastyOneTime
  • Devlin21 wrote: »
    Piscettios wrote: »
    I hope so.
    t2a5jt8f9r7q.gif

People's elbow?

a07e1k5xebz1.gif
    I'd rather have all his clone wars skins than an " Old Ben " one. I realize I'm in the minority.

9iky43uty5qj.jpeg
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • I so hope this will be in game!
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    If I hear another "licensing issue" excuse, I'll be on my way to Sweden boys

What "licencing issue" could they possibly have?
  • I’d like to see:
    Episode 1, padawan Kenobi
    Episode 2 Kenobi
    Episode 3 Kenobi
    CW clone trooper armor Kenobi
    Old man Ben Kenobi
    PSN: DarthLano19
  • yeah, i would be very disappointed if there is no Sir Alec Guinness skin at launch.
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    If I hear another "licensing issue" excuse, I'll be on my way to Sweden boys

What "licencing issue" could they possibly have?

One of the devs said(something to the effect of) there was a legal issue with Alec’s estate.. told this to a former forum members face, in fact. Many of us are hoping Old Ben doesn’t get the snub again.

I remember they also said Ben would be too similar to Luke... you know, because he’s a lightsaber user. :s

Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13