criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Why is this still so awful?

No weapons, no new maps, no new game modes.

And people thought BF2015 "had no content".

Seriously, I remember the massive weapons drop 2015 had and it was great. Here we are a year in and squat besides a "roadmap".

This game has a 1.0 metacritic user rating and 4.0 and under mainstream critic rating.

Battlefield is failing and this game is barely hanging on. I love watching all the YouTubers like Battlefront Updates and Star Wars HQ, but they get paid to still talk about this dumpster fire. Must be nice.

I seriously didnt care about the lootbox thing, because personally, I never saw any sort of pay2win. I used to just had fun.

But, now this game is just complete garbage. There's nothing keeping me playing this crap. I've seriously rebought this trash 3 times, thinking "maybe they finally changed things, added some new stuff!".

Nope. Skins. That's it.

Wheres "Assault" from the real Battlefront II? Where's the numerous weapons that 2015 had?

Between this and Battlefield V, I'm sure EA will be pulling the plug on DICE and they'll be done before next year's holiday season.

The last 12 years have been fun, DICE. But, you've proven you no longer care.

I wish you the best.

Replies

  • i agree with the thread
    tVsNOoH.gif
  • How exactly do you know EA pays them to report on the game? And I wouldn’t loop in Updates with HQ, considering how clickbaity and overly positive HQ can be
  • Defbored wrote: »
    You go around in every thread complaining about how awful this game is. Then you create your own thread to discuss how awful this game is.

    Give it rest.

    I mean the guy doesn't even complain about the 1066 problem.
    LOL -- What a Toad (OMG, that has a totally different meaning, now)
    If you see this, it means I haven't found a game in well over 30 minutes.
    PLAYERS NEEDED: ANY!
  • they know there are plenty people dumb enough to shill and defend them no matter how bad the game is
  • It all comes together in a month and a half
    Next week will be another storm and the cycle will continue
    I'm just waiting for the new large mode
    Ps plus Extraction Maps ;)
  • Defbored wrote: »
    You go around in every thread complaining about how awful this game is. Then you create your own thread to discuss how awful this game is.

    Give it rest.

    Was there something that forced you to not only read the thread title, read the post and then post that th poster should stop posting?

    You do know you can stop at the title and move on?

    OP. If you're not happy, no problem posting.

    Some just want to have these forums be an echo chamber of how great this game is and want to shut down anything negative.

    I think to be honest, they're just as bored as everyone else and come to the forums for their PVP fix and pretend to love the game :wink:

  • Haven't played since solo season . Kinda just waiting on next year's star wars game atthis point and never buying anything made by dice ever again ever.
  • To be fair if they add a big offline mode I'll play the **** out of that
  • Have the buffed Yoda's jump height yet?
  • Opinions, everyone has one.

    I disagree with op’s
    PSN: DarthLano19
  • "Devs are coming back to Battlefront then we'll receive new content SOON"

    You see? It's Impossible to be optimistic, i can't even read this line without sound a little bit sarcastic.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    I figured out why lootfront is failing so many of us. It doesn't do anything well, because Battlefront should never be THE Star Wars game.

    Pandemic made two great for their time BattleFronts, because there were other Star Wars games that focused on hero play, open world games and rpg's. Now we have 2 Battlefronts trying to please fans of every genre, it will NEVER EVER work.

    Dice can make good war games, that is it.

    EA has them trying to please all Star Wars fans, so they need an FPS, hero play that they can not balance, open world customization which doesn't belong in a war game, even the rebels and resistance wore standard uniforms in the films.

    They can't put in the depth of a battlefield because casual players would HATE it. On top of it, they are forced to add gimmicks that this game depends on.

    EA failed us, there should be an open world game, a rpg, some movie tie in games. Then Dice would be able to focus on making an epic war game, which they generally do a very good job of, and it wouldn't need to be rushed.

    You absolutely nailed it mate
  • No weapons, no new maps, no new game modes.

    And people thought BF2015 "had no content".

    Seriously, I remember the massive weapons drop 2015 had and it was great. Here we are a year in and squat besides a "roadmap".

    This game has a 1.0 metacritic user rating and 4.0 and under mainstream critic rating.

    Battlefield is failing and this game is barely hanging on. I love watching all the YouTubers like Battlefront Updates and Star Wars HQ, but they get paid to still talk about this dumpster fire. Must be nice.

    I seriously didnt care about the lootbox thing, because personally, I never saw any sort of pay2win. I used to just had fun.

    But, now this game is just complete garbage. There's nothing keeping me playing this ****. I've seriously rebought this trash 3 times, thinking "maybe they finally changed things, added some new stuff!".

    Nope. Skins. That's it.

    Wheres "Assault" from the real Battlefront II? Where's the numerous weapons that 2015 had?

    Between this and Battlefield V, I'm sure EA will be pulling the plug on DICE and they'll be done before next year's holiday season.

    The last 12 years have been fun, DICE. But, you've proven you no longer care.

    I wish you the best.

    Couldn't agree more, some people seriously dont get how bad this game really is, for a AAA title from EA/Dice its utter trash, there are studios out there producing some gems in 2018 for 2% of the budget this has had. I said after the 2015 version i wouldn't get sucked into another Battlefront by EA, by I did, and have regretted it since november 2017. Nothing is new (skins, rehashed content), the roadmap is a joke and this game died before it had really launched.

    Such a terrible waste of the Star Wars license, I hope it gets revoked and they push it out to some lesser studios that might actually have some vision in making a good game instead of a cash cow.
    GcRvyBd.gif
    I have honestly seen better games made by companies with 1/1000th of the budget and resources, how can a game be worse almost 1 year after launch than it was when it started./center]
  • sukebe7 wrote: »
    Defbored wrote: »
    You go around in every thread complaining about how awful this game is. Then you create your own thread to discuss how awful this game is.

    Give it rest.

    I mean the guy doesn't even complain about the 1066 problem.
    LOL -- What a Toad (OMG, that has a totally different meaning, now)

    LOL. Never had what "1066" is.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    I figured out why lootfront is failing so many of us. It doesn't do anything well, because Battlefront should never be THE Star Wars game.

    Pandemic made two great for their time BattleFronts, because there were other Star Wars games that focused on hero play, open world games and rpg's. Now we have 2 Battlefronts trying to please fans of every genre, it will NEVER EVER work.

    Dice can make good war games, that is it.

    EA has them trying to please all Star Wars fans, so they need an FPS, hero play that they can not balance, open world customization which doesn't belong in a war game, even the rebels and resistance wore standard uniforms in the films.

    They can't put in the depth of a battlefield because casual players would HATE it. On top of it, they are forced to add gimmicks that this game depends on.

    EA failed us, there should be an open world game, a rpg, some movie tie in games. Then Dice would be able to focus on making an epic war game, which they generally do a very good job of, and it wouldn't need to be rushed.
    This, exactly.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    I figured out why lootfront is failing so many of us. It doesn't do anything well, because Battlefront should never be THE Star Wars game.

    Pandemic made two great for their time BattleFronts, because there were other Star Wars games that focused on hero play, open world games and rpg's. Now we have 2 Battlefronts trying to please fans of every genre, it will NEVER EVER work.

    Dice can make good war games, that is it.

    EA has them trying to please all Star Wars fans, so they need an FPS, hero play that they can not balance, open world customization which doesn't belong in a war game, even the rebels and resistance wore standard uniforms in the films.

    They can't put in the depth of a battlefield because casual players would HATE it. On top of it, they are forced to add gimmicks that this game depends on.

    EA failed us, there should be an open world game, a rpg, some movie tie in games. Then Dice would be able to focus on making an epic war game, which they generally do a very good job of, and it wouldn't need to be rushed.

    Pretty much, I’ve been saying since before release this game had no identity.
  • Old_fella_1963
    4697 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    JackTHorn wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    I figured out why lootfront is failing so many of us. It doesn't do anything well, because Battlefront should never be THE Star Wars game.

    Pandemic made two great for their time BattleFronts, because there were other Star Wars games that focused on hero play, open world games and rpg's. Now we have 2 Battlefronts trying to please fans of every genre, it will NEVER EVER work.

    Dice can make good war games, that is it.

    EA has them trying to please all Star Wars fans, so they need an FPS, hero play that they can not balance, open world customization which doesn't belong in a war game, even the rebels and resistance wore standard uniforms in the films.

    They can't put in the depth of a battlefield because casual players would HATE it. On top of it, they are forced to add gimmicks that this game depends on.

    EA failed us, there should be an open world game, a rpg, some movie tie in games. Then Dice would be able to focus on making an epic war game, which they generally do a very good job of, and it wouldn't need to be rushed.
    This, exactly.

    Whats new? Same was said about BF15 1 month after release.Result? we got a Bf17 that is even more of a dog's breakfast of mismatched featuresaimed at the widest audience possible
  • bfloo
    14507 posts Member
    JackTHorn wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    I figured out why lootfront is failing so many of us. It doesn't do anything well, because Battlefront should never be THE Star Wars game.

    Pandemic made two great for their time BattleFronts, because there were other Star Wars games that focused on hero play, open world games and rpg's. Now we have 2 Battlefronts trying to please fans of every genre, it will NEVER EVER work.

    Dice can make good war games, that is it.

    EA has them trying to please all Star Wars fans, so they need an FPS, hero play that they can not balance, open world customization which doesn't belong in a war game, even the rebels and resistance wore standard uniforms in the films.

    They can't put in the depth of a battlefield because casual players would HATE it. On top of it, they are forced to add gimmicks that this game depends on.

    EA failed us, there should be an open world game, a rpg, some movie tie in games. Then Dice would be able to focus on making an epic war game, which they generally do a very good job of, and it wouldn't need to be rushed.
    This, exactly.

    Whats new? Same was said about BF15 1 month after release.Result? we got a Bf17 that is even more of a dog's breakfast of mismatched featuresaimed at the widest audience possible

    The 2015 game had a fun factor to it even with all its issues that I just don't feel with this game. Maybe I was just starved for ctf, I had more ties in cargo than games played in most of the other modes. The DS dlc had the best Star Wars feel to it compared to anything else in either game.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Remember the Golden Age of Star Wars games? The Prequels? We got: Bounty Hunter, Clone Wars, Rogue Squadron, Battlefront 1/2, Episode 3 the game, Galaxies, KOTOR 1/2, Jedi Academy. Now we have.... uhhh.... EAfront. A bunch of crappy mobile games. That dancing game for kinect. I'm pretty sure Disney is just trying to tank the Star Wars franchise on purpose at this point
  • Lmao EA front got censored
  • bfloo wrote: »
    I figured out why lootfront is failing so many of us. It doesn't do anything well, because Battlefront should never be THE Star Wars game.

    Pandemic made two great for their time BattleFronts, because there were other Star Wars games that focused on hero play, open world games and rpg's. Now we have 2 Battlefronts trying to please fans of every genre, it will NEVER EVER work.

    Dice can make good war games, that is it.

    EA has them trying to please all Star Wars fans, so they need an FPS, hero play that they can not balance, open world customization which doesn't belong in a war game, even the rebels and resistance wore standard uniforms in the films.

    They can't put in the depth of a battlefield because casual players would HATE it. On top of it, they are forced to add gimmicks that this game depends on.

    EA failed us, there should be an open world game, a rpg, some movie tie in games. Then Dice would be able to focus on making an epic war game, which they generally do a very good job of, and it wouldn't need to be rushed.

    Wow, I never really looked at it like this. But it makes sense.
    That explains a lot of the complaining.
    Versatti wrote: »
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.
  • No weapons, no new maps, no new game modes.

    And people thought BF2015 "had no content".

    Seriously, I remember the massive weapons drop 2015 had and it was great. Here we are a year in and squat besides a "roadmap".

    This game has a 1.0 metacritic user rating and 4.0 and under mainstream critic rating.

    Battlefield is failing and this game is barely hanging on. I love watching all the YouTubers like Battlefront Updates and Star Wars HQ, but they get paid to still talk about this dumpster fire. Must be nice.

    I seriously didnt care about the lootbox thing, because personally, I never saw any sort of pay2win. I used to just had fun.

    But, now this game is just complete garbage. There's nothing keeping me playing this ****. I've seriously rebought this trash 3 times, thinking "maybe they finally changed things, added some new stuff!".

    Nope. Skins. That's it.

    Wheres "Assault" from the real Battlefront II? Where's the numerous weapons that 2015 had?

    Between this and Battlefield V, I'm sure EA will be pulling the plug on DICE and they'll be done before next year's holiday season.

    The last 12 years have been fun, DICE. But, you've proven you no longer care.

    I wish you the best.

    Couldn't agree more, some people seriously dont get how bad this game really is, for a AAA title from EA/Dice its utter trash, there are studios out there producing some gems in 2018 for 2% of the budget this has had. I said after the 2015 version i wouldn't get sucked into another Battlefront by EA, by I did, and have regretted it since november 2017. Nothing is new (skins, rehashed content), the roadmap is a joke and this game died before it had really launched.

    Such a terrible waste of the Star Wars license, I hope it gets revoked and they push it out to some lesser studios that might actually have some vision in making a good game instead of a cash cow.

    AMEN
  • just throw it to the fire...

    I, again, reinstalled the full game to try to enjoy it a bit and unlock some of thee new heroes... being grievous one of my favourites...

    But Im just not going to be able to unlock it... the game feels so bad... the 90% of the time feels like running insanely and shoot instinctive to everything that moves like If this would be **** unreal tournament... I cant hold enough in the game to get another 20/40K of points...

    The battles are plain, bored too fast and too simple... Its sad that I enyoyed more radical's Battlefront on the stupid missions "pretending to be a campaing" or on the battles agains bots than in this game on all of the gamemodes...

    The cards also, for me make no **** sense in this game... shoulld all be based on classes and subclases, allowing maybe changing equipment (main, secondary, grenade and any accesory...) but with fixed habilities... however here we have almost no weapons... primary and secondary? not even something that simple... remember details like healing droids? why anymor? gamee its designed to life enough to do a single assault... its not like you should try to survive... its more focused on just "kill alll you can while you still ahve time"...

    And to finish it, the map design its "cool" but just terrible looks good, plays terrible... from the fixed areas and their limits... like you play assault gamemode and you are sniper? imagine you lost points A (first zone) while you spawn on B... you are not going to be able to snipe between B and A... you willl need to move to the B-C area because maps are not designed to be used on a straigh line.. its more like **** stairs making only "the 10 meters in front and behind the point its on fight matters...

    Also the gamemodes, even the big ones are really short... you can expend from 20 to 40 minutes on a match on some gamemodes in Battlefield... in Battlefront you barely will fighting 15 mins on a map.... dumb gamemodes have his place that just feel like a small and even more CODish evolution of the bigger ones... DICE, have you ever played something diferent, like... lets take a look on Killzone 2.... it has a system on the standard mulltiplayer game, where "you" (both teams) get random gamemodes allternatively which made the gameplay different and the map way more usable... you could jump from "defend this" to "attack that" to "now kill more than the enemy team on this time" to "kill this enemy player while defending this friendly player" etc etc... also things like attack or destroy this, had multiple posible locations... so maybe could be in you own base, in middle of nowhere etc etc... all in a single "match" giving some random, not fixed - dynamic gameplay that was way enjoyable and felt less, less repetitive...

    If the gameplay by itself wont be enough to **** the game/franchise... the content its a joke... how many games must be done to get a sighly better amount of options? this was the second game... and rebels use AT-ATs agains Empire instead some custom vehicles... I remember old times where SW videogames introduced units even if those werent the "most canon ones" videogames like SW galactic battlegrounds, even being a clone of Age of Empires introduced a great amount of units for the sides that didnt feel "out of place" or others like rebel strike had some ships like the invisible tie fighters.. here there is a lack on new concepts that can be noticeable just like the lack on the depth arround the gameplay...

    Seriously... while battlefield also evolved "not that good" if you ask me... I remember whn people was saying "DICE's Battlefront will be a Battlefield clone with SW setting...

    Who would say me then, that was the best of the bad things the franchise could get... at least I would have been a chance to keep me playing for more than 100h (instead I barely reach 25h, counting the campaing)

    So thats all... just thanks god I did not buy Battlefront1 and I did wait to buy BF2 for 20€ or I would be even more **** off... however this is not because money but because you had a perfect chance you just droped in the toilet... And think probably a possible Bf2143 never will be developed because U had this great franchise to over doing this crap...

    U learned nothing from battlefront 1, and there is no hope that you will learn from battlefront 2... probably now nobody expect it anyways.
  • Jett_Fett_91166
    3135 posts Member
    edited February 14
    jnqwdh wh eefh f owef oqwdo23932kc jlj3200cmk ocoooo2d mdlq823ug5&(Z

    #StarWars-y
  • bfloo
    14507 posts Member
    jnqwdh wh eefh f owef oqwdo23932kc jlj3200cmk ocoooo2d mdlq823ug5&(Z

    That's telling them!
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • jnqwdh wh eefh f owef oqwdo23932kc jlj3200cmk ocoooo2d mdlq823ug5&(Z

    I’m with you @Jett_Fett_91166 There are no words...
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • It really is this, though. Just what everyone's been saying here.

    When we were playing the old Pandemic Battlefronts, there were tons of other games for people who didn't want to play an infantry-based shooter. For people who wanted story-based campaign-style Play, There was KotOR, Jedi Academy. Want to play a hero type character, Jedi or Sith, against a bunch of Troopers? Force Unleashed. Want to play starfighters? TIE Fighter and X-Wing. Strategic Conquest-style galaxy domination? Empire At War. And the people who wanted an infantry-based Star Wars shooter played Battlefront.

    Can you imagine if it was like that now? if there was a single-player story game, a hero-focused dream-match sandbox game, a starfighter game, and then Battlefront? All fully fleshed out and done well? I'd have bought at least two of those games, maybe more.

    If the Campaign mode was its own separate game, mostly focused on Iden Versio, but with plenty of time to show her as an Imperial for a good long while before she defects over to the Rebels... with DLC coming out every few months, adding new missions to the game... a whole cluster of missions in the sequel era letting us explore all of the backstory of the movies, plus maybe another whole cluster of DLC missions that explore Iden's father as a young officer in the Clone Wars. Show how a Republican becomes an Imperial. And maybe a couple more SP story games, too! A Bounty Hunter game like 1331, another Republic Commando, so on.

    A Hero vs Villains, mix-it-up bash-it-out game, maybe something following in the footsteps of Overwatch... all your favorite heroes and villains from all the different eras battling it out in any combination you can imagine... Loads of skins and cosmetics, several different base modes, maybe a mode or two where you also fight squads of regular troopers from the Star Wars universe... holiday events... cut-scenes with cool new backstory elements and narratives to fill in the spaces.

    And then Battlefront. All the good infantry-focused shooter goodness of the Pandemic games, with improvemts made available by modern gaming. Better graphics and sound. Diverse and amazing modes with various goals. All three eras. Tons of different blasters, and items, and appearances. Fully developed and balanced infantry classes, slightly powered-up reinforcements, rare but intimidating Commanders (blaster heroes), and hard-to-get but fun Jedi and Sith heroes that show up occasionally.

    Those games would sell like hotcakes.

    Instead they tries to cram it all into one thing, allowed the boundaries to get fuzzy, and forced several very different playerbases to try to live harmoniously in one community.
  • A massive all era HVV type game and then an infantry focused Battlefield-esque 3rd person Star Wars game would be amazing. Would cop both in a heartbeat. This game has no identity. There’s no magic to it like there was with the first game.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • bfloo wrote: »
    I figured out why lootfront is failing so many of us. It doesn't do anything well, because Battlefront should never be THE Star Wars game.

    Pandemic made two great for their time BattleFronts, because there were other Star Wars games that focused on hero play, open world games and rpg's. Now we have 2 Battlefronts trying to please fans of every genre, it will NEVER EVER work.

    Dice can make good war games, that is it.

    EA has them trying to please all Star Wars fans, so they need an FPS, hero play that they can not balance, open world customization which doesn't belong in a war game, even the rebels and resistance wore standard uniforms in the films.

    They can't put in the depth of a battlefield because casual players would HATE it. On top of it, they are forced to add gimmicks that this game depends on.

    EA failed us, there should be an open world game, a rpg, some movie tie in games. Then Dice would be able to focus on making an epic war game, which they generally do a very good job of, and it wouldn't need to be rushed.

    Been saying this since the beta and had friends saying it since alpha, the game has no identity and it’s trying to be everything to every age group and play style.
  • It all comes together in a month and a half
    Next week will be another storm and the cycle will continue
    I'm just waiting for the new large mode
    Ps plus Extraction Maps ;)

    Yep
    So sad
    I was pushing for rogue one
    But obviously that's pushing it.
    So I decided to keep my hopes in a smaller mode and nothing.
    I hope this new mode is worth the wait
    Probably should of saved it if it is
    For a new game
    The player base has shrunk and it will be hard pressed for it to lift
    Bf3 or a different name
    Fresh start and get rid of the bugs
  • jnqwdh wh eefh f owef oqwdo23932kc jlj3200cmk ocoooo2d mdlq823ug5&(Z

    I hope that is not a joke about my message or my english which obviously its not perfect but can be understood perfectly
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!