criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Developers moving back to battlefront 2?

So apparently there have been some reports of developers being moved by EA back to battlefront 2, from battlefield 5. Do you think this is true? If so, what do you think about this?

Source: Some_Info (reddit)

Replies

• Good news, are you going to do ray-tracing graphics in SWBF2 also, like in BFV? Maybe in SWBF3? I will going to buy it for sure, as long there will be Galactic Conquest, Hero AI and new single player campaign.
  • Pretty sure I read Peter vesti has returned as well. He used to come on the forums
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    Pretty sure I read Peter vesti has returned as well. He used to come on the forums

I remember that name.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    Pretty sure I read Peter vesti has returned as well. He used to come on the forums

I remember that name.

Indeed bud hopefully he comes back on here as well
  • Oh god I hope they come back and give us some surprise dlc maps skins weapons ships maps did I say maps? Scarif map clone officer skins large scale maps for offline skins and maps.
  • I hope they fix the sound bug, stuttering and abilities not working properly.
  • So apparently there have been some reports of developers being moved by EA back to battlefront 2, from battlefield 5. Do you think this is true? If so, what do you think about this?

Source: Some_Info (reddit)

Perfectly explains the past 6-8 ,months and the fact interns have been working on this, that's all il say.
    GcRvyBd.gif
    I have honestly seen better games made by companies with 1/1000th of the budget and resources, how can a game be worse almost 1 year after launch than it was when it started./center]
  • quenaelin wrote: »
    Good news, are you going to do ray-tracing graphics in SWBF2 also, like in BFV? Maybe in SWBF3? I will going to buy it for sure, as long there will be Galactic Conquest, Hero AI and new single player campaign.

AHHHHAAAAHHAAAAAAA, dream on, that was requested in 2015, do you actual think that will happen, A mode in a game that has in reality been requested since 2015, if not 2005, they failed to add it twice...I suppose third time's the charm though.
    GcRvyBd.gif
    I have honestly seen better games made by companies with 1/1000th of the budget and resources, how can a game be worse almost 1 year after launch than it was when it started./center]
  • Bf5 was boring and felt more like a mod than a new game. Any new content in BF2 is welcome in my books. I don't think it will get RTX but I'm sure BF3 will be a showcase of RTX tech and probably be a launch Ps5 title.
  • univurshul
    1667 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    good. I gave EA my money entrusting they'd churn out some content. So let's get to the churning. My Han Solo is feeling rusty and unloved these days...

giphy.gif
    Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...

• Hopefully this means more frequent content and better quality content.
  • Hopefully some things actually get fixed.
    The last update patch notes had a nice list of fixes ... unfortunately very few items in the list were actually "fixed" ...

From what I have seen of BF V and experienced in the Beta, does not look promising anyway ... If they did a poor job there, how does that help SW BF2?
  • Dev we need Qi'ra as a villian.
    Pls and thanx.
  • Devs - Yeah? bring Kenobi and Grevious with you... If I have one more episode of Luke the lame-####ing Skywalker Dice-in' up my grimace Windu you ever need my Ashoka....
    the game needs a real hero battle - the Nerfs have done a lot of damage - and it's time to return to the Battlefront? It's time to bring the pain...

Just out of interest, what content do you think the game needs most?

Just out of interest, what content do you think the game needs most?

Clone Wars heroes that should have been in this game to begin with. The fact that Anakin wasn't in at launch is absolutely mind boggling. "Let's release a game without the main character of series, around which every single event revolves around"
  • That BFV beta was boring as heck, really should have just focused on BF2 content. That is all.