criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Bugged Arcade

Well...in true lack of QA testing fashion, it would appear that the latest upgrade has introduced a spawning bug in Arcade on PS4.

This morning if I attempt to replay any arcade match without exiting to the main menu I have found that I auto spawn as whatever is in the 1st cursor position on that particular arcade game, without the opportunity to select any other unit.

It happened both in a custom arcade game and in battle scenarios.

Well done again guys....glad we got that chicken thing fixed.

Replies

• Saw the same issue this morning when farming my arcade credits. I was in custom arcade, was able to select my character on the initial start. After hitting the "play again" button, every subsequent round auto spawned as assault. Not a huge deal as I was farming (it actually made it play quicker) but I would imagine this is truly annoying if you're trying to practice scenarios as different classes/characters. XBox One.
  • grimmace2 wrote: »
    Saw the same issue this morning when farming my arcade credits. I was in custom arcade, was able to select my character on the initial start. After hitting the "play again" button, every subsequent round auto spawned as assault. Not a huge deal as I was farming (it actually made it play quicker) but I would imagine this is truly annoying if you're trying to practice scenarios as different classes/characters. XBox One.

Same.
  • Yeah I had this happen also.
  • Same here!
  • It would be great in general, if we could assign our own default class in this game. I like the assault, but probably play it only 15-20% of the time.
  • Just here to bump the topic since a lot of bugs were introduced to Arcade thanks to the new squad system:
    • You always spawn as Assault if you replay the same scenario instead of exiting to the menu. That means that if you had custom arcade with 1 life, you'll keep respawning as Assault every time you press replay.
    • The 5 second respawn now applies to Arcade, as well. You could instantly respawn before if you died, now you have to wait 5 seconds...

Why did the squad update affect the Arcade mode which is completely offline and should be independent?
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • I'm guessing AI walking through walls isn't supposed to happen either, had that on jabba palace... I mean all of them were doing it.
  • Loyaavod
    310 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Starfighter onslaught is broken and unplayable sine june or july.
    In starfighter team battle ai can fly outside the boundaries.
    Jabba's palace map in arcade is broken and unplayable since the last update.
    Etc.

It was reported many times here, on reddit, on bug report site...

But hey, they fixed chicken on takodana map. :)

• So long as they fixed it, I mean priorities of npc wildlife is of course extremely important :neutral:
    Game breaking bugs will just have to wait.
    Have no idea what even that problem is, pathfinding? The shouldn't be able to walk through walls even if that is the problem.
  • Posted this way back..... But they removed it like my responses to everything the last two days