criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar

5 Second Spawn Delay

This is beyond annoying. So as an update we get to spend more time staring at a loading/character select screen when we respawn? This 5 second delay must go! Hot fix? Or warm fix in a month or so?

Replies

• Before you have to wait even 10 secs to respawn :/
  • It is even more annoying on Starfighter Assault. In that mode you could just pick your unit and re-spawn, or it would start for you. Now you just sit there, and ifg a hero uniot is available, you can't select it and lo and behold at the end of the spawn counter it is more often than not gone as someone else has taken it.

I mean seriously, who asked for this manure of a change? How does it "improve" quality of life in the game? How in fact does it add any sense of "fun"?

All it does is make me want to put my first through my PC screen and use a lot of profanity directed towards the Developers. That is how much i "like" (not) this stupid @#@#@#@# @$# change :|
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • Beats the 10 hands down
  • It is even more annoying on Starfighter Assault. In that mode you could just pick your unit and re-spawn, or it would start for you. Now you just sit there, and ifg a hero uniot is available, you can't select it and lo and behold at the end of the spawn counter it is more often than not gone as someone else has taken it.

I mean seriously, who asked for this manure of a change? How does it "improve" quality of life in the game? How in fact does it add any sense of "fun"?

All it does is make me want to put my first through my PC screen and use a lot of profanity directed towards the Developers. That is how much i "like" (not) this **** @#@#@#@# @$# change :|

It was asked by the community a squad system and a respawn system like Battlefield games.

Now that the system is deployed some ppl are like 'who wanted this?'.

SMH
  • The game is better for it
    Should have been at the start
  • Does the Squad system have to have a 5 second delay? That is my question. We had a ten second delay but if others were respawning we would hop right in game again immediately. Now I’m forced to sit at this screen no matter what.
  • Just hit default and all is normal
    If people are in a battle or a speeder or AT-ST
    You can't join them
    So if the window isn't open go default
  • Liz4rD wrote: »

It was asked by the community a squad system and a respawn system like Battlefield games.

Now that the system is deployed some ppl are like 'who wanted this?'.

SMH

Yes, but I'll bet people were asking for it for Galactic Assault and Heroes v Villains modes.

It most certainly was not asked for Starfighter Assault as you don't wind up having to fly for ages to get back to a fight when you re-spawn in SFA. There are only a few spawn points on each map, depending on what phase you are on. You are not running for ages like you do on GA opr Hv V when you re-spawn.

That said what does a 5 second spawn counter add? NOTHING but complete annoyance!
    51bvn954fmlp.png
    You can't join them

In Starfighter Assault there is no "default" button. Just a "start" and "cancel". That is why it is just ridiculous it has ben added to a mode it is not needed for.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • SA doesnt need this feature its need to go, FAST!

How Dice **** their own mods i dont care but what Criterion made perfect, they shouldnt mess it up...Dice already dmged this mod with their heroship update back at june.
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• in GA at least its sti better than running for those 25-30 seconds to get back to objective after spawn. I'd rather have a slight delay but spawn closer.
    You can't join them

All is not normal. What game are you playing? I played with a squad previously & when anyone else was respawning my timer was set to their countdown. Sometimes I could respawn in instantly. Others I waited... Now I am forced to wait. Why do enforcers & heroes spawn in at any point on the map now? And besides that my past two games the new “spawn system” hasn’t even been working aka I had no options to spawn in on anyone. So I can’t even play test the new system enough to try to adjust to it because it’s already broken. Stop trying to act like this is some perfect implementation of a squad system & call it what it is. You implement changes like this almost a year after a games release you break more things than you fix.
  • Are you telling me that a mode planned just for 2 modes (GA and Strike) has been deployed BY AN OBVIOUS ERROR in a third mode, that is Starfighter Assault?

O - M - G

¬¬'

BTW, an average of 5 secs was the time we spent to respawn in the former respawn system.
  • the good news red dead redemption 2 is less than a month away.
  • Lol it used to be 10, some people are never pleased
  • bfloo
    15522 posts Member
    I actually like the squad spawn system, it helped the pace of the game a lot.

Objective timers and the ticket count need to go up, but I actually had fun playing.

They cut the spawn timer in half, stop acting like it is longer now.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Well I've been playing GA
    My spawn system is working fine
    I even spawned on top of a building on endor with a rocket trooper
    Fun
  • bfloo wrote: »

Objective timers and the ticket count need to go up, but I actually had fun playing.

Is it that good?
    fy8ryd49frjv.png

keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• bfloo wrote: »

In GAit might work just fine, but in SA its horribly awfull!
    Mostly cause i cant pick heroships for 5 seconds...and the lagg somehow became stronger after this update.
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• I would like to see the respawn timer go as well, but so far I think this is much better than the previous system.
  • It’s completely broken at this point in GA
    You can't join them

This is in the patch notes under known issues. Sometimes it appears that a trooper is on the ground when in fact they in a vehicle. Spawn default like you said.
  • Yeah, it's dumb.
    I can see my 'squad' and can spawn on them, but by the time the counter has gone down and I'm allowed to spawn they are engaged with the enemy and under fire and I therefore cannot spawn on them. And have to leg it from the default spawn point.
    Which kinda defeats the point?
  • Yeah, it's dumb.
    I can see my 'squad' and can spawn on them, but by the time the counter has gone down and I'm allowed to spawn they are engaged with the enemy and under fire and I therefore cannot spawn on them. And have to leg it from the default spawn point.
    Which kinda defeats the point?

or you know... get with a real squad and have them retreat to regroup and push together.... like a squad.
  • Seriously someone is whining about 5 seconds? Seriously. What planet am I even on?
  • Setgang6 wrote: »
    This is beyond annoying. So as an update we get to spend more time staring at a loading/character select screen when we respawn? This 5 second delay must go! Hot fix? Or warm fix in a month or so?

Not going to lie. i am ok with it the way it is now. At least the timer starts early and it's only 5 seconds. Beats 10 seconds after you selected the class.

• For GA, wouldn't the purpose of this "ONLY" five second delay be from the ability to spawn instantly on the front line. Think of that delay as the time you'd spend running there on the previous system. Which is usually longer depending the the phase/map.
  • bfloo
    15522 posts Member
    Seronax wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »

In GAit might work just fine, but in SA its horribly awfull!
    Mostly cause i cant pick heroships for 5 seconds...and the lagg somehow became stronger after this update.

I haven't played SA in months.

The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Hate it!
    For SFA it doesn't take that long to decide on a ship to fly.
    I was getting bored waiting for three to five seconds to fly again. Half of this time I was thinking of playing something else.
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala