criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

The new Squad System has saved Strike. The first step in redeeming Battlefront?

Prev1
I'm noticing quite a few complaints about the new system so I wanted to note that for all it's glitches it has absolutely breathed new life into Strike.
Just played Kamino, which I always found to be a nightmare trying to PTFO solo. With the new system I was able to claim the objective and for once have support getting it to the next destination instead of having to go lone wolf.
Even in matches where the teams are ridiculously unbalanced, as long as 1 guy in the squad tries to PTFO I can get straight back into the fight, back him up and ram home the objective for the win.
Instead of players just randomly running backwards and forwards on their own it's now a team event and non stop battle fighting for every inch of ground.
Finally BF2 has some intensity!!
I know some people are having problems, particularly with Galactic Assault, but for my part I've been lucky and not had a single glitch or bug. All I've experienced are easily twice the amount of firefights, action, overtime battles and infantry actually working together to take down heroes.
It sucks and it shouldn't be happening but give dice time to straighten it out, it's the first day on a major alteration to gameplay (which should have been there at launch.)
There's a long way to go and a load more changes to gameplay to be added before Battlefront 2 becomes a game even remotely worthy of the Star Wars name, but for the first time since the Beta I'm seeing Battlefront 2 in a positive light, I'm genuinely glad I gave this title another chance.

Replies

• Saved strike? That's nice for it but it broke the GA which is considered the main mode of the game.
    And it MIGHT get fixed next month
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Saved strike? That's nice for it but it broke the GA which is considered the main mode of the game.

I'm sorry your having these issues mate, but GA plays perfectly for me and I can see that it's already so much more intense.
    Also not sure if I'm just getting lucky but as the night went on my squads started getting better, sticking together, we're following each other to the objectives, flanking as a unit, I'm actually getting buffs from officers when I try and take the objective.
    Don't get me wrong I had some absolute nightmare team mates earlier and I will again, but when your in a unit of good PTFO players it just transforms the game.
    I really hope Dice gets this sorted out for you soon man so you can see for yourself.

oh, I'm not talking about squads...
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • I'm noticing quite a few complaints about the new system so I wanted to note that for all it's glitches it has absolutely breathed new life into Strike.
    Just played Kamino, which I always found to be a nightmare trying to PTFO solo. With the new system I was able to claim the objective and for once have support getting it to the next destination instead of having to go lone wolf.
    Even in matches where the teams are ridiculously unbalanced, as long as 1 guy in the squad tries to PTFO I can get straight back into the fight, back him up and ram home the objective for the win.
    Instead of players just randomly running backwards and forwards on their own it's now a team event and non stop battle fighting for every inch of ground.
    I know some people are having problems, particularly with Galactic Assault, but for my part I've been lucky and not had a single glitch or bug. All I've experienced are easily twice the amount of firefights, action, overtime battles and infantry actually working together to take down heroes.
    It sucks and it shouldn't be happening but give dice time to straighten it out, it's the first day on a major alteration to gameplay (which should have been there at launch.)
    There's a long way to go and a load more changes to gameplay to be added before Battlefront 2 becomes a game even remotely worthy of the Star Wars name, but for the first time since the Beta I'm seeing Battlefront 2 in a positive light, I'm genuinely glad I gave this title another chance.

TBH I always found Kamino semi easy to win lone wolf on strike and have done it plenty of times. But I do agree it's nice to a see a positive post because I agree. From my limited experience with GA last night I haven't had any issues with squads, except when the squads dead and I have to spawn at default ;). Otherwise it's definitely made matches more intense and I'm liking the change of pace.
  • Saved Strike? Give me a break. Squad spawning has ruined it.... the close quarters of Strike matches means people are randomly spawning everywhere now. It makes it way less strategic. It feels more like Blast instead of working your way to a point in the map as a team, there are just random spawns appearing as you take out an opposing player. I clear out the room to plant the bomb then random people spawn right away next to me.
  • Saved Strike? Give me a break. Squad spawning has ruined it.... the close quarters of Strike matches means people are randomly spawning everywhere now. It makes it way less strategic. It feels more like Blast instead of working your way to a point in the map as a team, there are just random spawns appearing as you take out an opposing player. I clear out the room to plant the bomb then random people spawn right away next to me.

My feeling too so far....Skill has been removed from Strike.Hit the kill switch!!!
  • Strike and extraction are my main go to modes. I was a cargo player in SWBF1so it is a natural fit as I like close quarters with an objective, unfortunately I find GA laggy.

I like Blast, but agree with the comment that Strike feels a bit like that now, it has lost a bit of focus. On Takodonna, you will get a squad now with one guy hidden as the spawn point behind the first order spawn. It will encourage spawn kills not objective play.

The radar sensitivity / feedback should improve to allow for the more fluid spawn / threat.

Everyone has their own opinion, but I'm wondering if your game is glitched?
    For example if your already shooting at an opposing player, I don't even mean hitting them , just shooting near them won't allow any other players to spawn in, it's classed as under fire.
    As for people spawning in after you cleared a room, that should be impossible. You have to have someone to spawn on, not magically appear wherever you want. So either you didn't clear or it was a massive bug.
    Strike is definitely more intense which I love, I understand it's not for everyone though, I just prefer to spend my gaming time in firefights than running to objectives. It's each to their own.
    Personally I think this game is now way more strategic, instead of just working as a lone wolf, you now have to co ordinate your strategy, class and weapons with your team. If my squad has aggressive assaults I'll switch to heavy and give them cover, if I see officers I'll run assault and take point. This is exactly how Battlefront should have been from the beginning, the reason why the classes exists is to provide a balance between strengths and weaknesses, by working as a team in tandem with each other you form a stronger unit. Before this you couldn't balance or strategise anything except yourself.
    If you prefer to concentrate purely on your own game and run solo, then I agree the new system is not for you. If you like games that involve teamwork then it's a massive improvement. Again it's each to their own.
  • Strike and extraction are my main go to modes. I was a cargo player in SWBF1so it is a natural fit as I like close quarters with an objective, unfortunately I find GA laggy.

I like Blast, but agree with the comment that Strike feels a bit like that now, it has lost a bit of focus. On Takodonna, you will get a squad now with one guy hidden as the spawn point behind the first order spawn. It will encourage spawn kills not objective play.

The radar sensitivity / feedback should improve to allow for the more fluid spawn / threat.

Same here, I was Cargo, Dropzone and Blast on BF2015, the latter two modes is probably why enjoy a higher tempo to my games.
    The opposing argument is that with the team imbalance and solo play it was already far to common occurrence for people to simply camp out, farm kills and ignore the objective anyway. It's possible to exploit any system, but compared to the gains I think the positives outweigh the negatives.
    For me the main focus of games like Strike should be the objective, everyone will experience the game differently, but already I've noticed that more people are having to PTFO because their spawning into the attack. If a player camps just outside an objective then it's up to the opposing team to clear the area, which is far more possible now because people are starting to act like a unit.

My feeling too so far....Skill has been removed from Strike.Hit the kill switch!!!

In what way does solo play require more skill than teamwork?

I'm not being agro, I'm genuinely curious. On BF2015 I used to play in Dropzone, Cargo and Walker Assault tournaments and no matter how brilliant the individual players were, it was always the team that worked together best that won the competitions. So for me this new platform provides the opportunity for far more skilled gameplay.

I'm not being agro, I'm genuinely curious. On BF2015 I used to play in Dropzone, Cargo and Walker Assault tournaments and no matter how brilliant the individual players were, it was always the team that worked together best that won the competitions. So for me this new platform provides the opportunity for far more skilled gameplay.

Solo play requires more skill when you're carrying a bunch of 8 year olds. I personally don't mind the squad system, but to not have it coupled with a chat system means you're spawning blind on teammates, don't know what their plan is, and more often than not will get you killed because you chose a bad time to spawn and weren't aware yet of what was around you.
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Saved Strike? Give me a break. Squad spawning has ruined it.... the close quarters of Strike matches means people are randomly spawning everywhere now. It makes it way less strategic. It feels more like Blast instead of working your way to a point in the map as a team, there are just random spawns appearing as you take out an opposing player. I clear out the room to plant the bomb then random people spawn right away next to me.

For example if your already shooting at an opposing player, I don't even mean hitting them , just shooting near them won't allow any other players to spawn in, it's classed as under fire.
    As for people spawning in after you cleared a room, that should be impossible. You have to have someone to spawn on, not magically appear wherever you want. So either you didn't clear or it was a massive bug.
    Strike is definitely more intense which I love, I understand it's not for everyone though, I just prefer to spend my gaming time in firefights than running to objectives. It's each to their own.
    Personally I think this game is now way more strategic, instead of just working as a lone wolf, you now have to co ordinate your strategy, class and weapons with your team. If my squad has aggressive assaults I'll switch to heavy and give them cover, if I see officers I'll run assault and take point. This is exactly how Battlefront should have been from the beginning, the reason why the classes exists is to provide a balance between strengths and weaknesses, by working as a team in tandem with each other you form a stronger unit. Before this you couldn't balance or strategise anything except yourself.
    If you prefer to concentrate purely on your own game and run solo, then I agree the new system is not for you. If you like games that involve teamwork then it's a massive improvement. Again it's each to their own.

Well I think the one where - I killed someone and then another spawn right beside them - was a bug since people arent supposed to spawn when their teammate is in battle.

As for clearing a room and them reappearing... I don’t mean they’re literally spawning in the same room out of thin air, but opposing players are now generally way closer (maybe now apppearing in the room next door if their teammate runs away from the action temporarily, for example) and they can all spawn off each other. If you and a couple teammates go through all the work clearing out an area and getting the cargo only to have a bunch of opponents spawn right outside a nearby door, it’s just makes our initial push more meaningless and it’s a little ridiculous with choke points now. People keep spawning all over the place and instead of being to move the cargo to the next area as a team with the objective (and take out opponents on the way), the whole game has turned into choke point after choke point.

It is even crazier in bomb planting modes since everyone keeps spawning on both sides on top of each other if they’re not “in combat” or whatever it says. This situation annoys me less since. Both sides are more stationary but it still has made the mode seem more like Blast.

I personally like running with my team with the objective and strategically entering rooms/areas to defend or attack in a tactical manner, but now it has basically become Blast with the objective as a side note. This makes Strike way less about the objectives, but sure the firefights do last longer and are “more intense.”

I don’t totally hate it. Spawning next to teams who are closer to the action makes more sense (rather than running forever), but spawning basically just before your teammate start fighting but in the same area is a little ridiculous at times. It is more evident on the smaller maps/areas of maps than larger Strike maps. I think it works better in GA since the areas are bigger.
    Saved strike? That's nice for it but it broke the GA which is considered the main mode of the game.

Starfighter Assault is also currently unplayable. Apologies for reposting, but selecting a Hero starship can result in getting stuck between the respawn screen and actual game, forcing users to close application.
    In 1977, a single shot rang out at the Cantina.... No first, no second. Han shot - end of statement.

PSN: Han_Spinel
    Youtube: Han Spinel
    Twitter: @Han_Spinel
    The Unofficial Star Wars Battlefront Campaign Companion
  • Han_Spinel wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »

Starfighter Assault is also currently unplayable. Apologies for reposting, but selecting a Hero starship can result in getting stuck between the respawn screen and actual game, forcing users to close application.

Or you respawn and start playing but you can still see the respawn screen (and it doesn’t leave) while you’re playing.... happened to me in Strike with an Enforcer.

Or you respawn and start playing but you can still see the respawn screen (and it doesn’t leave) while you’re playing.... happened to me in Strike with an Enforcer.

Saw someone else post about this on twitter. I genuinely thought the Palpatine Kill Switch was rock bottom, but we've got a ways to go apparently
    In 1977, a single shot rang out at the Cantina.... No first, no second. Han shot - end of statement.

PSN: Han_Spinel
    Youtube: Han Spinel
    Twitter: @Han_Spinel
    The Unofficial Star Wars Battlefront Campaign Companion
  • Strike is now going to be my go-to mode (assuming I even play with this broken update). The new update is great for Strike and Blast modes, but Galactic Assault is borked.

I did not mention Solo player? ( Tournaments were also probably private Matches )

Skill is dumbed down in Strike because:

The threat of previous spawn delay/get back to prev. location forced a realtime decision ( was good skill differentiator )

Giving a pre-made group spawn on in addition to the huge advantages they all ready have is just wrong in a small map mode . Premades can have watchers ( ie the person who is rubbish at aiming ;-) ) and just sit at ( objective ) spots and call out spawn on me EG you can view/scout an objective as you approach , see only one player not engage ( to stop radar ) and then 1 - 3 extra players could be there ( possibly immune to damage )

The current Spectator mode for choosing a squad member to spawn on is too close. Premade having a full view and comms with entire squad still outweighs

It dumbs down the skill required for a premade against solo players because they have a hammer advantage now. I stopped playing in pre-mades in BF 15 because there was too little challenge

And obviously a skilled solo player taking on premades( skilled players can spot a pre-made a mile off ) and giving them pain is the surely the definition of more skill?

Why should a ( small player count mode ) cater to favour premades????? We should have Private matches

Personally for Strike and Blast they should dump the Squad (old and new ) full stop . ...just keep a spawn delay with a pretty picture

This.
  • I am having an issue in Strike where if I try to spawn into the game on one of my teammates, the menu doesn't leave when I am on the ground playing, it stays there and is still accessible. Forgive me if I misspell words today, I am really sick and can't think straight.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Old_fella_1963
    4697 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Han_Spinel wrote: »

That bug was posted in he Patch notes so you can guess how long that will be a thing before its fixed ;-) Yes I had it too...very confusing .

On a positive note there is a server side kill switch

Same happened to me. But I still got top player, and completely destroyed. Shows how good Wookiees are.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1

Solo play requires more skill when you're carrying a bunch of 8 year olds. I personally don't mind the squad system, but to not have it coupled with a chat system means you're spawning blind on teammates, don't know what their plan is, and more often than not will get you killed because you chose a bad time to spawn and weren't aware yet of what was around you.

Haha I've already been in some nightmare squads already so I know what you mean, but that's just part of gaming, sometimes you'll get the good sometimes it's the bad.
    I play Battlefield a lot and while it is equipped with voice chat most people turn it off and even those who leave it on more often than not speak different languages so verbal communication is a nightmare. They got around it by creating an in game command system. One player is designated Squad leader and when approaching multiple objectives has the ability to specify which one the squad should aim for, whether to push on or defend etc. It surprised me how simple it is but also how effective, I imagine they will implement something similar so squads can co ordinate.
    I think blind spawns are just a risk you take, the advantage is you get back in the action sooner to support your squad, the disadvantage you could be blown away on arrival. If you don't fancy taking the risk you can always choose default.
  • I am having an issue in Strike where if I try to spawn into the game on one of my teammates, the menu doesn't leave when I am on the ground playing, it stays there and is still accessible. Forgive me if I misspell words today, I am really sick and can't think straight.

Your spelling is superb, I've heard about multiple glitches across every game mode, but I've gotten lucky and haven't come across a single bug yet.
    I wonder if it's a platform thing? I'm on PS4 and it's running smooth

I did not mention Solo player? ( Tournaments were also probably private Matches )

The threat of previous spawn delay/get back to prev. location forced a realtime decision ( was good skill differentiator )

Giving a pre-made group spawn on in addition to the huge advantages they all ready have is just wrong in a small map mode . Premades can have watchers ( ie the person who is rubbish at aiming ;-) ) and just sit at ( objective ) spots and call out spawn on me EG you can view/scout an objective as you approach , see only one player not engage ( to stop radar ) and then 1 - 3 extra players could be there ( possibly immune to damage )

The current Spectator mode for choosing a squad member to spawn on is too close. Premade having a full view and comms with entire squad still outweighs

It dumbs down the skill required for a premade against solo players because they have a hammer advantage now. I stopped playing in pre-mades in BF 15 because there was too little challenge

And obviously a skilled solo player taking on premades( skilled players can spot a pre-made a mile off ) and giving them pain is the surely the definition of more skill?

Why should a ( small player count mode ) cater to favour premades????? We should have Private matches

Personally for Strike and Blast they should dump the Squad (old and new ) full stop . ...just keep a spawn delay with a pretty picture

Your right sorry, I got mixed up in posts you didn't mention solo play at all. And yes the tournaments where all private matches, different organisers used different rules etc.

I think your making some good points but I can't quite understand what your saying. What do you mean by premade?

Well I think the one where - I killed someone and then another spawn right beside them - was a bug since people arent supposed to spawn when their teammate is in battle.

As for clearing a room and them reappearing... I don’t mean they’re literally spawning in the same room out of thin air, but opposing players are now generally way closer (maybe now apppearing in the room next door if their teammate runs away from the action temporarily, for example) and they can all spawn off each other. If you and a couple teammates go through all the work clearing out an area and getting the cargo only to have a bunch of opponents spawn right outside a nearby door, it’s just makes our initial push more meaningless and it’s a little ridiculous with choke points now. People keep spawning all over the place and instead of being to move the cargo to the next area as a team with the objective (and take out opponents on the way), the whole game has turned into choke point after choke point.

It is even crazier in bomb planting modes since everyone keeps spawning on both sides on top of each other if they’re not “in combat” or whatever it says. This situation annoys me less since. Both sides are more stationary but it still has made the mode seem more like Blast.

I personally like running with my team with the objective and strategically entering rooms/areas to defend or attack in a tactical manner, but now it has basically become Blast with the objective as a side note. This makes Strike way less about the objectives, but sure the firefights do last longer and are “more intense.”

I don’t totally hate it. Spawning next to teams who are closer to the action makes more sense (rather than running forever), but spawning basically just before your teammate start fighting but in the same area is a little ridiculous at times. It is more evident on the smaller maps/areas of maps than larger Strike maps. I think it works better in GA since the areas are bigger.

I think it depends on your experiences, what convinced me this was a great addition to Strike is that I was finally a part of back to back upset victories.
    Since I've been playing Strike, actually almost every game mode I've been able to predict the winner by the first couple of skirmishes. The matchmaking is abysmal so teams are consistently very lopsided, being on the losing team is frustrating, being on the winning team is boring because there's no challenge or real action.
    Last night I was lucky enough to be put into a squad with a great player, now under the old spawn system we'd each have done ok but on our own the other team would have been to strong and we would have lost. Because we could team up we managed to grab the cargo and between us because we where able to spawn on each other, playing off each others tactics, using effective teamwork throughout the game we managed to take the cargo all the way home for the win. We lost the next game but it was so close, great matches! Under the old system maybe we would have been able to team up once or twice if we were lucky for a little while.

Your 100% right about the choke points, but I'm quite happy the squad system draws more attention to just how badly designed the maps are, for me this includes GA. Almost every map feels like a small corridor that leads into a spam happy chokepoint. More than new skins, new game modes, new heroes the basic core gameplay elements need a total work over. I'm hoping that if enough people start complaining Dice might do something about it.
    Fire fights definitely break out more often but for a PFO player the objective is always on their mind. For those who prefer a Blast style of play, well their going to be in your team regardless of where they spawn, at least this way they can be useful and maybe give the PFO a good spawn so he can crack on with the objective before time runs out.

Keep at it mate, I'd be interested to know if you change your mind about the spawn system over time or if you still think it should go.
  • Azelrazel wrote: »
    I'm noticing quite a few complaints about the new system so I wanted to note that for all it's glitches it has absolutely breathed new life into Strike.

TBH I always found Kamino semi easy to win lone wolf on strike and have done it plenty of times. But I do agree it's nice to a see a positive post because I agree. From my limited experience with GA last night I haven't had any issues with squads, except when the squads dead and I have to spawn at default ;). Otherwise it's definitely made matches more intense and I'm liking the change of pace.

Haha your clearly a hell of a lot better at Strike than I am. Good for you mate

I think it depends on your experiences, what convinced me this was a great addition to Strike is that I was finally a part of back to back upset victories.
    Since I've been playing Strike, actually almost every game mode I've been able to predict the winner by the first couple of skirmishes. The matchmaking is abysmal so teams are consistently very lopsided, being on the losing team is frustrating, being on the winning team is boring because there's no challenge or real action.
    Last night I was lucky enough to be put into a squad with a great player, now under the old spawn system we'd each have done ok but on our own the other team would have been to strong and we would have lost. Because we could team up we managed to grab the cargo and between us because we where able to spawn on each other, playing off each others tactics, using effective teamwork throughout the game we managed to take the cargo all the way home for the win. We lost the next game but it was so close, great matches! Under the old system maybe we would have been able to team up once or twice if we were lucky for a little while.

Your 100% right about the choke points, but I'm quite happy the squad system draws more attention to just how badly designed the maps are, for me this includes GA. Almost every map feels like a small corridor that leads into a spam happy chokepoint. More than new skins, new game modes, new heroes the basic core gameplay elements need a total work over. I'm hoping that if enough people start complaining Dice might do something about it.
    Fire fights definitely break out more often but for a PFO player the objective is always on their mind. For those who prefer a Blast style of play, well their going to be in your team regardless of where they spawn, at least this way they can be useful and maybe give the PFO a good spawn so he can crack on with the objective before time runs out.

Keep at it mate, I'd be interested to know if you change your mind about the spawn system over time or if you still think it should go.

It’s my main mode, so I’ll definitely be playing it a lot more. Maybe I’m a little disappointed in the changes because it rewards the players that die by being able to spawn right away, and I am honestly not seeing the reward for someone like me who is normally doing better than most of the players on the map. I guess matches might be more balanced in effect, but the mode seems less strategic now with all of the spawning. (I’m a fan of Counter-Strike where after you die, you’re out of the round)

Ultimately, it mostly just changes the strategy we have to use in winning matches. The one good thing is that my kill count has been WAY higher in this new system because I can spawn right away in the action. But again, I’d rather save that for Blast and enjoy the objective play more in Strike.

I wish there was a happy medium for Strike where you would spawn closer to the action/run less but not be able to spawn in the squad system right back at where the fighting is about to occur. The spawns are so rampant that it seems less like a small mode also since there are troopers/reinforcements popping up more often without the delay in running.
  • qbgok3vqnlqv.png
    Works great in GA
  • qbgok3vqnlqv.png
    Works great in GA

Lmao, gutted mate, I hope they sort this out for everyone soon

It’s my main mode, so I’ll definitely be playing it a lot more. Maybe I’m a little disappointed in the changes because it rewards the players that die by being able to spawn right away, and I am honestly not seeing the reward for someone like me who is normally doing better than most of the players on the map. I guess matches might be more balanced in effect, but the mode seems less strategic now with all of the spawning. (I’m a fan of Counter-Strike where after you die, you’re out of the round)

Ultimately, it mostly just changes the strategy we have to use in winning matches. The one good thing is that my kill count has been WAY higher in this new system because I can spawn right away in the action. But again, I’d rather save that for Blast and enjoy the objective play more in Strike.

I wish there was a happy medium for Strike where you would spawn closer to the action/run less but not be able to spawn in the squad system right back at where the fighting is about to occur. The spawns are so rampant that it seems less like a small mode also since there are troopers/reinforcements popping up more often without the delay in running.

If your a counter strike player then your definitely more hardcore than me. You never know they might scale it back a bit
  • I like it to op, bout time they got something right.
  • qbgok3vqnlqv.png
    Works great in GA

I’m pretty sure this is what happens when you’re alone in your squad. The game must not have been full and you were the unlucky guy to be by himself. Or everyone in your squad left. I was playing strike and one of the tiles looked like that for a little while because one of our squad members left the match.
  • As for the bug where the spawn menu is stuck on the screen while playing, I’ve only had this happen to me once so far so it really didn’t bother me much. If anyone has this happen every single time they spawn or very often then I would say they deserve to be upset. But if it only happens very rarely or under special circumstances, then try not to get upset lol
  • qbgok3vqnlqv.png
    Works great in GA

I’m pretty sure this is what happens when you’re alone in your squad. The game must not have been full and you were the unlucky guy to be by himself. Or everyone in your squad left. I was playing strike and one of the tiles looked like that for a little while because one of our squad members left the match.

I was in a group of people that joined the game together, everyone had this screen. Meanwhile the other team still had squad spawn
  • ZekeStarkiller
    145 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Overall, I’m very much enjoying the new squad system in Strike. I finally felt like my team had my back. I wish they’d add it to Blast next. I loved how many more firefights there were and that you had to have new strategies to complete the objective.
    @vivaladavidoff you sound like a cool guy. Hit me up on PSN if you ever wanna squad up for some intense action in Strike. :smile:

PS. One thing they need to change/add is highlight your squad mates green on the scoreboard even if they aren’t in your group. Or have group squad mates green (like they already are) and non-group squad mates blue or something.

Your right sorry, I got mixed up in posts you didn't mention solo play at all. And yes the tournaments where all private matches, different organisers used different rules etc.

I think your making some good points but I can't quite understand what your saying. What do you mean by premade?

'premade' ( cross platform term ) is any group of players put together outside of Battlefront by the device's ecosystem eg known as party for PS4 . So they have high quality audio communications to co ordinate with

Played some more Strike ( heavy lag as UK data centre has 'disappeared' ) but the experience so far is that it is less tactical, just chaotic, more chance than skill .
  • Overall, I’m very much enjoying the new squad system in Strike. I finally felt like my team had my back. I wish they’d add it to Blast next. I loved how many more firefights there were and that you had to have new strategies to complete the objective.
    @vivaladavidoff you sound like a cool guy. Hit me up on PSN if you ever wanna squad up for some intense action in Strike. :smile:

PS. One thing they need to change/add is highlight your squad mates green on the scoreboard even if they aren’t in your group. Or have group squad mates green (like they already are) and non-group squad mates blue or something.

I get what you mean they do the same thing in Battlefield.
    And clearly your powers of perceptiveness are mighty, I am indeed a very cool person. A team up sounds great mate, cheers for the offer
  • Yeah. You are totally right. The matches can get really intense now, if you are playing with friends. Even solo the squad system is a massive upgrade! You get much faster into the action, the game doesn't feel that repetitive anymore. It's better! Of course they must fix something. It's the squad system 1.0. You know! before it was like the same experience over and over again! Like every time the same spawn far away, no plan! Running back all the time...
  • Overall, I’m very much enjoying the new squad system in Strike. I finally felt like my team had my back. I wish they’d add it to Blast next. I loved how many more firefights there were and that you had to have new strategies to complete the objective.

And clearly your powers of perceptiveness are mighty, I am indeed a very cool person. A team up sounds great mate, cheers for the offer

Well I get off work at 4:00 Central Time. What’s your PSN? Mine’s the same as my name here.

Well I get off work at 4:00 Central Time. What’s your PSN? Mine’s the same as my name here.

I’ll send you a friend request when I get online next chief.
    Central European time? I’m in the UK but I usually manage to get online for about 8-9pm.
    We’ll sort it out mate

Central European time? I’m in the UK but I usually manage to get online for about 8-9pm.
    We’ll sort it out mate

No central time in the US

'premade' ( cross platform term ) is any group of players put together outside of Battlefront by the device's ecosystem eg known as party for PS4 . So they have high quality audio communications to co ordinate with

Played some more Strike ( heavy lag as UK data centre has 'disappeared' ) but the experience so far is that it is less tactical, just chaotic, more chance than skill .

Ah I get what your saying and I respect your opinion but I still disagree.
    On Battlefield it's nothing but Squads and I tend to play on my lonesome nowadays as most of my mates are playing Fortnite (god knows why?) or Fifa, so I run into clan squads all the time while I'm playing in a team that only has the basic prompt commands to communicate with. And it's not really a problem.
    Yes audio communication between a squad is a definite advantage, but experience and the ability to work as part of a team more than makes up for this.
    That exact scenario you've described I run into all the time on Battlefield, it's usually a sniper (Specialist) on overwatch, who I tend to find is actually the best shot on the team, and the rest of the squad are carefully positioned amongst the objective area.
    First my sniper fires a flare which lights up the enemy on radar, then I throw smoke to provide cover so we can advance, the assaults (same in both games) hit first with the medics (Officers) shadowing to assist and keep them at full health, the snipers engage each other (the guy who spots and warns his team can't do so if he's busy dodging bullets) whilst the support (Heavy) lays down suppressing fire for the advancing squad members. Majority of the time I either win or go down with a good fight, all without coms, because I know how to adapt my play to best fit into a random squad.
    I know these are two different games but I can already see how the majority of star cards can be used to work this scenario.
    Things may be chaotic now, but give the BF2 players time to get used to the system and you'll see how they employ strategy and tactics in team play to make it truly effective.
    And I like that players who may be less skilled can still play a vital role if they play the objective and support their squad, it includes them more in the outcome of a match.

You are right, and you make some excellent points, but I still think the positives of Squad Spawn outweigh the negatives. For me a group of people all working together to achieve a singular goal is a beautiful thing.

Also if your looking for a good server, I find Germany gives an excellent ping.

We’ll sort it out mate

No central time in the US

Haha jesus finding a server that doesn't lag for either of us should be fun. I'll work out the time difference and see if we can sort something out amigo
  • Yeah. You are totally right. The matches can get really intense now, if you are playing with friends. Even solo the squad system is a massive upgrade! You get much faster into the action, the game doesn't feel that repetitive anymore. It's better! Of course they must fix something. It's the squad system 1.0. You know! before it was like the same experience over and over again! Like every time the same spawn far away, no plan! Running back all the time...

Glad your enjoying yourself mate, it's completely revitalised BF2 for me. Although I do understand why it's triggering some people
  • I like it to op, bout time they got something right.

Yup, long way to go yet but I’m glad their making changes to gameplay.
    Better trooper movement and some work on the gun play and we might end up with a half decent game here.
    I mean I won’t hold my breath or anything but you live an hope 🤞
    Haha how many other gaming communities collectively pray that one day, far from now, their game might, just maybe, perhaps reach the glorious heights of being half decent 😂

• now about getting pc lobbies of players for strike..
    few and far between, aka maybe once per weekend i can get lucky enough to find a lobby with more than 2 people.
  • riverslq wrote: »
    now about getting pc lobbies of players for strike..
    few and far between, aka maybe once per weekend i can get lucky enough to find a lobby with more than 2 people.

Not sure if it's that glitch that keeps sending people to empty servers, or if player numbers are that bad on PC?
    A few of the old servers have been abandoned now so I tend to use Germany or US Virginia, but I'm on PS4.
  • PS4 What ping do people have for Germany from UK? .I get 40ms which is enough to create a lot of micro lag.

My feeling is the 'in combat' status should not trigger the no spawn possible when squad mates are firing but miles away from any target....

Still believe it needs to be dropped to bring back skill level
  • I played strike a bit last night. was more fun than I remember but honestly I havnet played it much since extraction dropped. I hope it was because of squad system or maybe it was improving before that and just never played it. strike has been abdonded since launch so im glad it's getting some improvements, even if it happened indirectly from squad system. this game needs any life it can get breathed into it. #alongwaytillgrievous#
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I played more Strike last night. After more thought, I wouldn’t say it fixed it or that it ruined it. It definitely changes the way I play since I know people will be spawning way close to the action... there are more chokepoints than ever now though. Still feels more like Blast now too. :disappointed: