criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

C'mon guys, fix the Zabrak skin

Prev1
The neck on that guy looks awful. Scarf? Turtleneck sweater? Something.

Replies

  • JackTHorn wrote: »
    The neck on that guy looks awful. Scarf? Turtleneck sweater? Something.

    LOLZ.

    It really is pretty bad tho :D
    In 1977, a single shot rang out at the Cantina.... No first, no second. Han shot - end of statement.

    PSN: Han_Spinel
    Youtube: Han Spinel
    Twitter: @Han_Spinel
    The Unofficial Star Wars Battlefront Campaign Companion
  • JackTHorn wrote: »
    The neck on that guy looks awful. Scarf? Turtleneck sweater? Something.

    It looks like face paint too.
  • They fixed the chickens but not this??? Shame on them...
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

  • JackTHorn wrote: »
    The neck on that guy looks awful. Scarf? Turtleneck sweater? Something.

    It looks like face paint too.

    Not the biggest priority but I've noticed that too. One of the skins has a human neck.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • He looks more like some random dude that put some face paint on and forgot the neck area.
  • Horrible skins, all of them.
    I believe that beauty magazines promote low self esteem.
  • I didn't know it's a problem until it was brought up (but I also never knew the color was the face paint). But I'll support the change.
    Hi, if you are reading this I would like to inform you that this is a placeholder sig
    #JoinTheBuzz
  • Mucha Lucha!
  • Just because maul and other night brothers have full black on their heads/neck, doesn't mean that every zabrak does? Who's to say that this one's tattoo's stop at the base of the head?
    I'm sorry but I don't really see your argument here other than personal preference. Convince me otherwise if you have some legit reasons.
  • I'm not sure if they are capable of making this very simple fix. Remember when they had to take Palps out of the game to fix him? You don't want that to happen to our beloved zabrak, do you? I mean, come on! You're expecting a lot from a "AAA" game company that supposedly has "live service"!
  • JackTHorn wrote: »
    Azelrazel wrote: »
    Just because maul and other night brothers have full black on their heads/neck, doesn't mean that every zabrak does? Who's to say that this one's tattoo's stop at the base of the head?
    I'm sorry but I don't really see your argument here other than personal preference. Convince me otherwise if you have some legit reasons.
    Lol

    Zabrak culture, both Iridonian and Dathomiran, dictate the receiving of a face and body tattoo upon coming of age. While the Dathomiran tattoos are heavy and thick, the Iridonian tattoos are thin and delicate (think of the Zabrak skin from the last game - which incidentally should definitely be in this game)... but regardless of the culture and type of tattoo, the tattoo is always full face and body.

    But even if we ignore all that, the real problem here is not the tattoos, but the skin color. Zabrak skin colors come in various hues. Brown, yellow, tan, white, red, and even a dusky purplish rose color. if you look at the current Heavy Zabrak skin, you'll see that beneath the heavy face tattoos, the skin color is a pale yellow or possibly a white. Meanwhile, the neck is very clearly a normal human tan sort of color, delineated from the face tattoos and skin by a sharp line. This makes the whole thing look like nothing but cheap face paint.

    Even if the tattoos for some reason stopped at the neck regardless of my preference or anyone else's, the skin color on the neck would remain the same.

    I do agree that usually the dathomir zabrak don't usually have that skin tone, more the thin tattoo iridonians. But I'm not too sure on the neck colour being different to the face, I'm gonna give that a look later. If you're right, then the colour of the neck should match the face, but I still feel it doesn't need to be black. Maybe he had a tan?
  • Dathomirians normally have full body tattoos, and our rebel is undoubtedly a Dathomirian. Iridonians are usually one solid color with way lighter tattoos. Here are examples. Also, Dathomirian Zabrak don't like hair, and our rebel has a 4 o'clock shadow and what appears to be eyebrows. It doesn't look good, or much like a Dathomirian.

    Iridonians
    o3gpi9fdct2u.jpeg
    o7mh5g09leup.jpeg

    Dathomirians
    tj9x3f2x4n13.jpeg

    As your can see, the have solid, jet black tattoos. So our's should too.

    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Azelrazel
    605 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Dathomirians normally have full body tattoos, and our rebel is undoubtedly a Dathomirian. Iridonians are usually one solid color with way lighter tattoos. Here are examples. Also, Dathomirian Zabrak don't like hair, and our rebel has a 4 o'clock shadow and what appears to be eyebrows. It doesn't look good, or much like a Dathomirian.

    Iridonians
    o3gpi9fdct2u.jpeg
    o7mh5g09leup.jpeg

    Dathomirians
    tj9x3f2x4n13.jpeg

    As your can see, the have solid, jet black tattoos. So our's should too.

    We've only seen a single clan of night brothers in canon, how do you know somewhere else on dathomir there's not another clan without full neck black?
  • Azelrazel wrote: »
    Dathomirians normally have full body tattoos, and our rebel is undoubtedly a Dathomirian. Iridonians are usually one solid color with way lighter tattoos. Here are examples. Also, Dathomirian Zabrak don't like hair, and our rebel has a 4 o'clock shadow and what appears to be eyebrows. It doesn't look good, or much like a Dathomirian.

    Iridonians
    o3gpi9fdct2u.jpeg
    o7mh5g09leup.jpeg

    Dathomirians
    tj9x3f2x4n13.jpeg

    As your can see, the have solid, jet black tattoos. So our's should too.

    We've only seen a single clan of night brothers in canon, how do you know somewhere else on dathomir there's not another clan without full neck black?

    The only ones that might not have had tattoos were the slave Zabrak from iridonia and Rattatak they captured. The enslaved Zabrak might not have had the tradition of full body tattoos.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dathomirian/Legends
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • For those of you that probably aren't going to click the link, the tattoos are supposed to be part of their force sensitive heritage, they get them when the become adults and they are supposed to be a thing of pride. So if our rebel Dathomirian isn't covered in tattoos he must not have been very proud of his heritage.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Azelrazel wrote: »
    Dathomirians normally have full body tattoos, and our rebel is undoubtedly a Dathomirian. Iridonians are usually one solid color with way lighter tattoos. Here are examples. Also, Dathomirian Zabrak don't like hair, and our rebel has a 4 o'clock shadow and what appears to be eyebrows. It doesn't look good, or much like a Dathomirian.

    Iridonians
    o3gpi9fdct2u.jpeg
    o7mh5g09leup.jpeg

    Dathomirians
    tj9x3f2x4n13.jpeg

    As your can see, the have solid, jet black tattoos. So our's should too.

    We've only seen a single clan of night brothers in canon, how do you know somewhere else on dathomir there's not another clan without full neck black?

    The only ones that might not have had tattoos were the slave Zabrak from iridonia and Rattatak they captured. The enslaved Zabrak might not have had the tradition of full body tattoos.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dathomirian/Legends

    And there was one clan of Zabrak Mucha Lucha warriors. They forgo the painful tattooing process for a simple wrestler mask, and sometimes take it off for undercover operations. I assume that is the clan we have in this game.
  • For those of you that probably aren't going to click the link, the tattoos are supposed to be part of their force sensitive heritage, they get them when the become adults and they are supposed to be a thing of pride. So if our rebel Dathomirian isn't covered in tattoos he must not have been very proud of his heritage.

    That
    For those of you that probably aren't going to click the link, the tattoos are supposed to be part of their force sensitive heritage, they get them when the become adults and they are supposed to be a thing of pride. So if our rebel Dathomirian isn't covered in tattoos he must not have been very proud of his heritage.

    That link was to legends, but we are playing as non force sensitives so maybe that's why they stop at the neck?
  • http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dathomirian
    This one is just as good. It says the males have natural striping that they embellish with tattoos.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Troopper_FoFo
    1015 posts Member
    edited September 2018

    Its correct according to the new lore.

    Baela Tiwosh from Star Wars Uprising.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Baela_Tiwosh

    latest?cb=20161106005242


    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • Its correct according to the new lore.

    Baela Tiwosh from Star Wars Uprising.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Baela_Tiwosh

    latest?cb=20161106005242


    She isn't entirely correct though. The one we have in the game seems to be a Dathomirian, and might I remind you the link you just gave us doesn't actually know if it is canon. They also don't say if she is one of the Rattatak, an Iridonian (She obviously isn't), or a Dathomirian (We all know she isn't Dathomirian). She could be a subspecies that hasn't been revealed yet, in which case I will concede that the Zabrak we have in the game is accurate. Otherwise, I don't think so.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Yes please, It just looks ugly.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • It's the same Rebel trooper with the face painted and horns added.
    I believe that beauty magazines promote low self esteem.
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    It's the same Rebel trooper with the face painted and horns added.

    That’s it. They forgot to color the neck as well. It looks as bad as the 327th Ketchup fault line.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • Even if we ignore the tattoos,
    JackTHorn wrote: »
    .
    ...the real problem here is not the tattoos, but the skin color. Zabrak skin colors come in various hues. Brown, yellow, tan, white, red, and even a dusky purplish rose color. if you look at the current Heavy Zabrak skin, you'll see that beneath the heavy face tattoos, the skin color is a pale yellow or possibly a white. Meanwhile, the neck is very clearly a normal human tan sort of color, delineated from the face tattoos and skin by a sharp line. This makes the whole thing look like nothing but cheap face paint.

    Even if the tattoos for some reason stopped at the neck regardless of my preference or anyone else's, the skin color on the neck would remain the same.

  • bfloo
    13301 posts Member
    For those of you that probably aren't going to click the link, the tattoos are supposed to be part of their force sensitive heritage, they get them when the become adults and they are supposed to be a thing of pride. So if our rebel Dathomirian isn't covered in tattoos he must not have been very proud of his heritage.

    Maybe that tradition died with Mother Talzin ;)
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Halpen4
    380 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Might I add that on the subject of fixing skins like this, does it not bother anyone else but me that Darth Maul is minus a horn at the back of his head, which is what we get to look at while playing him. He should have a total of 10 horns, and not 9.
  • It should just be an Iridonian, they look better anyway
    442nd And 332nd are the BEST
  • Halpen4 wrote: »
    Might I add that on the subject of fixing skins like this, does it not bother anyone else but me that Darth Maul is minus a horn at the back of his head, which is what we get to look at while playing him. He should have a total of 10 horns, and not 9.
    I feel like that would be a simple fixed. They would just have to readjust his horns a bit and then add one more. Shouldn't be too hard.
    It should just be an Iridonian, they look better anyway
    Dude, an Iridonian would be perfect for Assault.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • bfloo wrote: »
    For those of you that probably aren't going to click the link, the tattoos are supposed to be part of their force sensitive heritage, they get them when the become adults and they are supposed to be a thing of pride. So if our rebel Dathomirian isn't covered in tattoos he must not have been very proud of his heritage.

    Maybe that tradition died with Mother Talzin ;)

    Huh, didn't think of that. But it wasn't really Talzin who gave the males tattoos, it would have been one of the males. Because, usually, the only time a female would come to their side of the planet was to take a mate.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • bfloo
    13301 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    For those of you that probably aren't going to click the link, the tattoos are supposed to be part of their force sensitive heritage, they get them when the become adults and they are supposed to be a thing of pride. So if our rebel Dathomirian isn't covered in tattoos he must not have been very proud of his heritage.

    Maybe that tradition died with Mother Talzin ;)

    Huh, didn't think of that. But it wasn't really Talzin who gave the males tattoos, it would have been one of the males. Because, usually, the only time a female would come to their side of the planet was to take a mate.

    I don't really know. It got changed sometime after TPM.

    Originally Palps gave Maul all Sith tats according to Maul's back story, then when tcw showed more of them, they decided they all should have them.

    Similar to how Mandalorians were composed of all different species that the Mandos conquered, then in cw they were all blonde with blue eyes.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • bfloo wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    For those of you that probably aren't going to click the link, the tattoos are supposed to be part of their force sensitive heritage, they get them when the become adults and they are supposed to be a thing of pride. So if our rebel Dathomirian isn't covered in tattoos he must not have been very proud of his heritage.

    Maybe that tradition died with Mother Talzin ;)

    Huh, didn't think of that. But it wasn't really Talzin who gave the males tattoos, it would have been one of the males. Because, usually, the only time a female would come to their side of the planet was to take a mate.

    I don't really know. It got changed sometime after TPM.

    Originally Palps gave Maul all Sith tats according to Maul's back story, then when tcw showed more of them, they decided they all should have them.

    Similar to how Mandalorians were composed of all different species that the Mandos conquered, then in cw they were all blonde with blue eyes.

    It probably makes sense that Palps would have given him the tattoos. They are supposed to be similar to Sith markings. Maul was taken as a small child, so he wouldn't have been given tattoos yet, because they are a sign of adulthood.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • bfloo
    13301 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    For those of you that probably aren't going to click the link, the tattoos are supposed to be part of their force sensitive heritage, they get them when the become adults and they are supposed to be a thing of pride. So if our rebel Dathomirian isn't covered in tattoos he must not have been very proud of his heritage.

    Maybe that tradition died with Mother Talzin ;)

    Huh, didn't think of that. But it wasn't really Talzin who gave the males tattoos, it would have been one of the males. Because, usually, the only time a female would come to their side of the planet was to take a mate.

    I don't really know. It got changed sometime after TPM.

    Originally Palps gave Maul all Sith tats according to Maul's back story, then when tcw showed more of them, they decided they all should have them.

    Similar to how Mandalorians were composed of all different species that the Mandos conquered, then in cw they were all blonde with blue eyes.

    It probably makes sense that Palps would have given him the tattoos. They are supposed to be similar to Sith markings. Maul was taken as a small child, so he wouldn't have been given tattoos yet, because they are a sign of adulthood.

    The patterns are mostly the same.

    It really bothered me at the time.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Alex64 wrote: »
    Horrible skins, all of them.

    Twi'lek girlie specialist says hi...
    EA/DICE still owe me 83 crafting part crates, with interest...
  • So did anyone ever do the research to find out whether Zabraks sometimes have their necks be an entirely different color of skin than the rest of their body? I've been waiting on the edge of my seat. Maybe I just didn't do enough research and missed that part.
  • JackTHorn wrote: »
    So did anyone ever do the research to find out whether Zabraks sometimes have their necks be an entirely different color of skin than the rest of their body? I've been waiting on the edge of my seat. Maybe I just didn't do enough research and missed that part.

    I have been researching and I can't find anything other than this link, which may or may not be canon.
    Its correct according to the new lore.

    Baela Tiwosh from Star Wars Uprising.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Baela_Tiwosh

    latest?cb=20161106005242

    I don't think it counts as solid evidence though. I have been trying to find evidence of a subspecies that is like that. But Wookieepedia doesn't give any evidence of a Male Zabrak with a regular neck. Unless it is some form of Iridonian Zabrak with Dathomirian heritage, who tattooed himself in the form of his heritage.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • JackTHorn wrote: »
    So did anyone ever do the research to find out whether Zabraks sometimes have their necks be an entirely different color of skin than the rest of their body? I've been waiting on the edge of my seat. Maybe I just didn't do enough research and missed that part.

    I can't find anything, its either full body dathomirian tattoos or the simple Iridonian ones
    442nd And 332nd are the BEST
  • Who knew I would learn so much about Zabrak in the period of 2 days. Call me the Resident Zabrak Expert.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Halpen4 wrote: »
    Might I add that on the subject of fixing skins like this, does it not bother anyone else but me that Darth Maul is minus a horn at the back of his head, which is what we get to look at while playing him. He should have a total of 10 horns, and not 9.
    I feel like that would be a simple fixed. They would just have to readjust his horns a bit and then add one more. Shouldn't be too hard.

    Well, that depends on how they made his horns. If each horn is a separate piece of geometry that is simply "placed" on the head, then no problem, but if the horns are actually attached to his head (one continuous model) then we have a bit of a problem.

    Fixing this would involve quite a bit of re-working of the head's topology, and would likely introduce new vertices. New vertices would be a problem because of a thing called "vertex IDs" which store information like which "joints" should move what parts of the face. The moment you add another vertex, the entire list of IDs gets rearranged, and suddenly the eyelid joint makes the back of the head move.

    This can be fixed, of course, but it will take time.

    Here's a link to an old comment of mine that sort of explains topology / geometry in 3D: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/comment/1147708/#Comment_1147708
    Something is coming. Something... cold.
  • Halpen4 wrote: »
    Might I add that on the subject of fixing skins like this, does it not bother anyone else but me that Darth Maul is minus a horn at the back of his head, which is what we get to look at while playing him. He should have a total of 10 horns, and not 9.
    I feel like that would be a simple fixed. They would just have to readjust his horns a bit and then add one more. Shouldn't be too hard.

    Well, that depends on how they made his horns. If each horn is a separate piece of geometry that is simply "placed" on the head, then no problem, but if the horns are actually attached to his head (one continuous model) then we have a bit of a problem.

    Fixing this would involve quite a bit of re-working of the head's topology, and would likely introduce new vertices. New vertices would be a problem because of a thing called "vertex IDs" which store information like which "joints" should move what parts of the face. The moment you add another vertex, the entire list of IDs gets rearranged, and suddenly the eyelid joint makes the back of the head move.

    This can be fixed, of course, but it will take time.

    Here's a link to an old comment of mine that sort of explains topology / geometry in 3D: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/comment/1147708/#Comment_1147708
    Well, you know better than I do.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1

  • I don't think it counts as solid evidence though. I have been trying to find evidence of a subspecies that is like that. But Wookieepedia doesn't give any evidence of a Male Zabrak with a regular neck. Unless it is some form of Iridonian Zabrak with Dathomirian heritage, who tattooed himself in the form of his heritage.

    That female was the closest I could find on the Wiki. Kind of hard to get stuff from Uprising since it is no longer playable but here is a male with a regular neck.

    Star-Wars-Uprising-244.png
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.

  • I don't think it counts as solid evidence though. I have been trying to find evidence of a subspecies that is like that. But Wookieepedia doesn't give any evidence of a Male Zabrak with a regular neck. Unless it is some form of Iridonian Zabrak with Dathomirian heritage, who tattooed himself in the form of his heritage.

    That female was the closest I could find on the Wiki. Kind of hard to get stuff from Uprising since it is no longer playable but here is a male with a regular neck.

    Star-Wars-Uprising-244.png

    Do you see though? His head color matches his neck color, so it doesn't really line up. The other one looks like a Dathomirian, but the second looks like a cross between iridonian and Dathomirian. Which may have happened, but I haven't seen evidence of it. Normally, only Iridonians would have facial hair or eyebrows.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Troopper_FoFo
    1015 posts Member
    edited September 2018

    Do you see though? His head color matches his neck color, so it doesn't really line up. The other one looks like a Dathomirian, but the second looks like a cross between iridonian and Dathomirian. Which may have happened, but I haven't seen evidence of it. Normally, only Iridonians would have facial hair or eyebrows.

    I think I might be misunderstanding this thread. Is it about the black tattoo not covering the neck or something else?

    I found this video of Zabrak customization from Uprising.

    Post edited by Troopper_FoFo on
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.

  • Do you see though? His head color matches his neck color, so it doesn't really line up. The other one looks like a Dathomirian, but the second looks like a cross between iridonian and Dathomirian. Which may have happened, but I haven't seen evidence of it. Normally, only Iridonians would have facial hair or eyebrows.

    I think I might be misunderstanding this thread. Is it about the black tattoo not covering the neck or something else?

    I found this video of Zabrak customization from Uprising.

    I just realized that that is full body red. Because the fingers change color as well. So that rules out Uprising, as an exception. We were debating wether or not the Zabrak Male in the game should have an updated neck and skin color, because it doesn't match with his Yellow/Black skin tone.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Who knew I would learn so much about Zabrak in the period of 2 days. Call me the Resident Zabrak Expert.

    Pretty much everything in this thread is new information to me. I didn't even knew Maul wore face paint.
    Hi, if you are reading this I would like to inform you that this is a placeholder sig
    #JoinTheBuzz
  • Unwarycoin wrote: »
    Who knew I would learn so much about Zabrak in the period of 2 days. Call me the Resident Zabrak Expert.

    Pretty much everything in this thread is new information to me. I didn't even knew Maul wore face paint.

    Not face paint, more like Tattoos.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Okay, looks like this needs clarification.

    A.) The black patterns on Zabraks are tattoos. Iridonians (like the Jedi Eeth Koth and Agen Kolar) have thin, minimalistic, elegant tattoos, while Dathomirans (like Maul and Opress and our Heavy) have thick, heavy, angular ones.

    B.) Zabrak skin colors include red, yellow, peach/tan, white, brown, and a sort of dusky purplish rose.

    C.) There's no need for research, I was being tongue-in-cheek... There are no Zabraks that have different skin color on their necks.

    The problem with the Zabrak Heavy skin is that it very obviously was slapped together using one of the standard human faces. Tan skin, five o'clock shadow, eyebrows, the same features. They just turned the face white, added the black patterns, added the horns, and forgot to do anything with the neck.

    He is supposed to be a white skinned Zabrak -- white as in ivory, not Caucasian. There's no reason to even bother discussing the tattoos and whether they go on the neck or not, because it's not about the tattoos. It's about the skin color. The skin color on his face is white, the skin color on his neck has a sharp line after which it is tan. This is the problem with the skin.

    Well, the main problem. The stubble and the eyebrows aren't doing him any favors either, as Zabraks don't have either of those things.
  • JackTHorn wrote: »
    Okay, looks like this needs clarification.

    A.) The black patterns on Zabraks are tattoos. Iridonians (like the Jedi Eeth Koth and Agen Kolar) have thin, minimalistic, elegant tattoos, while Dathomirans (like Maul and Opress and our Heavy) have thick, heavy, angular ones.

    B.) Zabrak skin colors include red, yellow, peach/tan, white, brown, and a sort of dusky purplish rose.

    C.) There's no need for research, I was being tongue-in-cheek... There are no Zabraks that have different skin color on their necks.

    The problem with the Zabrak Heavy skin is that it very obviously was slapped together using one of the standard human faces. Tan skin, five o'clock shadow, eyebrows, the same features. They just turned the face white, added the black patterns, added the horns, and forgot to do anything with the neck.

    He is supposed to be a white skinned Zabrak -- white as in ivory, not Caucasian. There's no reason to even bother discussing the tattoos and whether they go on the neck or not, because it's not about the tattoos. It's about the skin color. The skin color on his face is white, the skin color on his neck has a sharp line after which it is tan. This is the problem with the skin.

    Well, the main problem. The stubble and the eyebrows aren't doing him any favors either, as Zabraks don't have either of those things.

    I thought his skin tone was yellow, like Maul's brother. Also, I thought someone said the Red was face paint. Even though I thought it would be the reverse.
    Hi, if you are reading this I would like to inform you that this is a placeholder sig
    #JoinTheBuzz
  • Unwarycoin wrote: »
    JackTHorn wrote: »
    Okay, looks like this needs clarification.

    A.) The black patterns on Zabraks are tattoos. Iridonians (like the Jedi Eeth Koth and Agen Kolar) have thin, minimalistic, elegant tattoos, while Dathomirans (like Maul and Opress and our Heavy) have thick, heavy, angular ones.

    B.) Zabrak skin colors include red, yellow, peach/tan, white, brown, and a sort of dusky purplish rose.

    C.) There's no need for research, I was being tongue-in-cheek... There are no Zabraks that have different skin color on their necks.

    The problem with the Zabrak Heavy skin is that it very obviously was slapped together using one of the standard human faces. Tan skin, five o'clock shadow, eyebrows, the same features. They just turned the face white, added the black patterns, added the horns, and forgot to do anything with the neck.

    He is supposed to be a white skinned Zabrak -- white as in ivory, not Caucasian. There's no reason to even bother discussing the tattoos and whether they go on the neck or not, because it's not about the tattoos. It's about the skin color. The skin color on his face is white, the skin color on his neck has a sharp line after which it is tan. This is the problem with the skin.

    Well, the main problem. The stubble and the eyebrows aren't doing him any favors either, as Zabraks don't have either of those things.
    I thought his skin tone was yellow, like Maul's brother. Also, I thought someone said the Red was face paint. Even though I thought it would be the reverse.
    Yeah, it does look a bit yellow. I could go either way on that, yellow or white. But definitely not tan.

    And no, the red is the skin color, as is the yellow on the brother.
Sign In or Register to comment.