criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar

The lag is absolutely ridiculous.

13Next

Replies

• As always.
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • SomberingJace
    897 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I’ve been searching for this thread 😏
    feel the force Sombering Jace
  • i just started experiencing lag the last week (ps4). i now feel the pain many of you have felt for a while. can't even lead a trooper into your shot because chances are they'll just bounce away behind cover or instantly pop up out of a roll maneuver and shoot you. I DON'T GET IT. this is basically the only game i play besides some other sports games. have any devs or mods commented on this? this is unacceptable especially considering how long this game has been out. I've defended this game plenty of times and usually never complain about anything in regards to it. now it feels like the game has held me hostage for so long i have gotten star wars stockholm syndrome and just keep trying to play and enjoy. it's a very empty feeling right now
    PSN: computerson
  • Stuttering, lag and bad latency. Getting killed around corners constantly. Often nothing happens when pushing a button, especially when playing as a hero. The stuttering is more or less allways there. Once in a while i manage to join a lobby that's smooth. Only like 1/10 though, really annoying.

I don't have any problems playing other games.

Ps4 pro, wired fibre connection, portforward etc.
  • Rubberbandlefront 2
  • I don't agree. In the launched the lag was much worse, the game was unplayable online.
    Now there is poor lag and the game is playable. But the 201 error is a problem.

1bfioawlu399.png
  • Like i said in a previous post dice/ea have fixed these lag issue's before. I'm not sure why it's come back for me now and also other players on my friends list but not other players on my friends. I did load up some csgo to see if it was my internet but i wasn't getting any lag playing that game online.
  • No lag here on pc.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • No lag here on pc.

Lol here being ?
  • hellspawn
    65 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    same thing NA east coast and i know im in UE servers the lies have got to stop ping plotter is a good tool
  • KrewZi
    206 posts Member
    Not getting the lag at the moment.
  • I have no problems with lag. Ever since the ping site fix, I’ve had no problem. Consider getting an Ethernet cable or LAN cable
  • Got an ethernet perm connected. After something like 3 months of being unable to play, I had ONE good game the other night.; Since then, the lag, which I never had before, is so bad it's a slideshow. This game has gone so far backwards it's unreal. No real acknowledgement; in fact, every thread I have written in criticising the service has been deleted.
  • I have no problems with lag. Ever since the ping site fix, I’ve had no problem. Consider getting an Ethernet cable or LAN cable

It works wonders. Seriously. And set performance mode to high if you are on a computer. It makes a difference, just make sure to plug in.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • audiodistortion
    121 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    high ping advantage, same with all recent Frostbite games...

lag compensation...

sux!
  • this only started happening with the new patch for me (not this recent "hotfix"). getting really sick of hero abilities just plain not working and whiffing on saber strikes. players just jet across the screen. ugh this used to be my favorite game
    PSN: computerson
  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    KrewZi wrote: »
    These lag problems i got back in march 6 months ago and fortunately got fixed by dice/ea are back again.

Getting rubber banding. Abilities taking multiple attempts to work. You see the ability animation in effect then you bounce back to no ability being activated. Your in the process of launching ion disruptor then lag breaks it so you have to start again lol. You spray a weapon but there's pauses in the spray. There are plenty of other examples of crazy things happening from lag.

With this latest patch my games been crashing every 1-3 maps. It's all happening right now.

I hope it gets fixed soon.

I will see your lag from 6 months ago, and raise you the lag from 10 months ago!!!

• Ouch i wont raise that but i'll call with maul

• The rubber banding is back in full swing and yeah not good times.