criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Are heroes broken now?

Has anyone else seen this in Galactic Assault on PS4? Hero health seems to drop like no one's business. Case in point, I have Luke and go up against Vader, I block his lightsaber but my health drops an insane amount. Or on starkiller, I had Vader blocking fire from two officers and still health went down insanely fast. IS anyone else seeing something off with the heroes? Or did I just get a bad game or two
Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force

Replies

• Yes actually! Seems like 1 - 3 shots and youre dead.. :o
  • GoodworkMann
    59 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Yeah! This is so true. When you encounter an enemy hero and a trooper or two who can actually play decent, blocking doesn't buy you enough time before the teammates arrive.
  • They might need to buff up their health a bit.
  • bfloo
    14398 posts Member
    I've run into this on X1.

I figured it was just a ping issue.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Too many people shooting at you at the same time, it's result of the new squad system. I'm not saying i don't like it but yeah, it's harder to stay alive now.

I don't think buffing their health is the way to go. Removing heroes from radar unless firing or with the saber ignited sounds a lot better.
    Beta tester for STAR WARS™ Bugfront 2™.

What were they thinking?
  • bfloo
    14398 posts Member
    AVGN wrote: »
    Too many people shooting at you at the same time, it's result of the new squad system. I'm not saying i don't like it but yeah, it's harder to stay alive now.

I don't think buffing their health is the way to go. Removing heroes from radar unless firing or with the saber ignited sounds a lot better.

Large groups haven't been my issue, I expect to get melted when that happens. I've had Vader and Palps get ohk'd by Yoda, full health with both and no one else around in GA.

It wasn't an issue in HvV.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    Too many people shooting at you at the same time, it's result of the new squad system. I'm not saying i don't like it but yeah, it's harder to stay alive now.

Large groups haven't been my issue, I expect to get melted when that happens. I've had Vader and Palps get ohk'd by Yoda, full health with both and no one else around in GA.

Damn, that's bad.
    Beta tester for STAR WARS™ Bugfront 2™.

What were they thinking?
  • DICE games = never ending issues.

• Heroes are melting much faster than before this update. Got insta-killed with Yoda at full health by two troopers on Kamino. I didn’t even see my health bar move. They fired and I was dead.

Same with Rey on Crait. Got OHK’d by an AT-ST rocket in mid-air with 500+ health. No damage taken, didn’t see it coming or an explosion when it hit - one second I’m jumping, the next I’m laying on the floor.
  • WarfareKiller41
    6391 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Really hard to stay organized when troopers are free to spawn by their teammates who are near enemy heroes.
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • TheUltimateHope
    768 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    bfloo wrote: »

Oh that's just Yoda, i got my full health Bossk deleted by one Unleash too.
  • Ever since the squad system heroes have lost any survivability they had before, the last couple days I just get steamrolled when a turn a corner (and I play pretty safe) I think the main issue is their matchmaking is atrocious, so you get matched with people who are way better
  • i'm going to suggest they've nerfed heroes so that the turnaround and access of them churns faster. Trying to appease the masses & going along with the reduced BP. they must have known reducing the BP on its own would only let the better players to get them quicker.

This means that even if they do, with reduced survivability of the heroes & the countdown to access once dead again... more people get heroes.

i believe heroes are weaker and its nothing to do with squad system.
  • Could be just me and my stinger pistol.... :*
  • BrushedBrass2
    540 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Yes heroes get melted now, I assumed it was due to the squad system.
  • Rey's still pretty good, but everyone else still on radar actually gets chased down and executed quite quickly now. I love how some people think some of the Heroes are still OP, when they're just barely viable now after all the nerfs.

Need to be removed from radar unless they sprint or attack. At least in the last game you could see trooper movement on the scanner, now your both blind and exposed.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif