criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Why do some knockdown abilities doesn't get a "kill" when knocking opponents out of combat?

FriedPizza773
1163 posts Member
edited November 2018
As we all know, when using some of the knockdown abilities to knock the opponents to their free falls that gets them killed, such as Luke's Push, Maul's Choke Hold, Han's Shoulder Charge, and even Specialist's Repulsor Cannon, does get counted for the knocker some Kills.

However, when using some of other knockdown abilities in the same situation, such as Luke's Repulse, Kylo's Pull, and Han's Detonite Charge, they get counted as Assist instead for the knocker. Vader's Force Choke should also be the same case when holding the opponents in midair and be able to move them to their free falls.

Wouldn't it make sense for all knockdown abilities to get counted as Kills when pushing/moving them to their free falls? :confused:
PSN: FriedPizza773
Post edited by FriedPizza773 on

Replies

  • I forgot to mention about Chewbacca's Charge Slam, though I really don't recall if it gets counted as Kill or Assist.
    PSN: FriedPizza773
  • Cadoth
    1034 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Sometimes it counts as kill and sometimes it doesn’t, I think it’s definitely some sort of bug🤔
    Post edited by Cadoth on
  • Bump!
    PSN: FriedPizza773
  • Can't say anything else but that I completely agree; it's annoying, and ought to be changed so all count as kills.
  • FriedPizza773
    1163 posts Member
    edited October 2018


    Dice, make my actions like this one count as Kills, not Assists!
    Post edited by FriedPizza773 on
    PSN: FriedPizza773
  • The game recognizes you’re cheezing, and rewards you accordingly
  • AuraStorm wrote: »
    The game recognizes you’re cheezing, and rewards you accordingly

    You do realize the meaning of the word "cheezing", right? Because this has nothing to do with abusing glitches to take an unfair advantage against other players...or at least that's how I define it.
    PSN: FriedPizza773
  • Billkwando
    1650 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    AuraStorm wrote: »
    The game recognizes you’re cheezing, and rewards you accordingly

    You do realize the meaning of the word "cheezing", right? Because this has nothing to do with abusing glitches to take an unfair advantage against other players...or at least that's how I define it.

    No, there are people who whine and cry about how Kamino and Kashyyyk are the worst maps because it's 1% harder to steamroll noobs and randoms when there's the slightest chance their opponents can push them off of something, denying these "pro" players their "right" to savagely trounce people who don't constantly play this game, and in a group, like it's their job......with zero opposition.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

    Gamertag: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • MC_XIX
    1620 posts Member
    Good topic. I've always wondered why some abilities grant kills for knocking someone off a ledge while others do not. From my experience, the abilities that count as kills are:

    Luke's Force Push
    Yoda's Unleash
    Maul's Choke Hold (sometimes)

    And the abilities that only give me assists for doing the same thing:

    Han's Detonite Charge
    Chewie's Ground Slam
    Vader's Force Choke
    Luke's Repulse
    Kylo's Pull
    Han's Shoulder Charge

    It needs to be adjusted so that all abilities give you kills for knocking an enemy out of combat.
  • FriedPizza773
    1163 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Billkwando wrote: »
    AuraStorm wrote: »
    The game recognizes you’re cheezing, and rewards you accordingly

    You do realize the meaning of the word "cheezing", right? Because this has nothing to do with abusing glitches to take an unfair advantage against other players...or at least that's how I define it.

    No, there are people who whine and cry about how Kamino and Kashyyyk are the worst maps because it's 1% harder to steamroll noobs and randoms when there's the slightest chance their opponents can push them off of something, denying these "pro" players their "right" to savagely trounce people who don't constantly play this game, and in a group, like it's their job......with zero opposition.

    I'm not sure if I'm either getting what you are saying or see your point, but I guess the word "cheezing" may means differently to some other people. It sounds to me that to some when describing a method that's being "cheezing" means that it doesn't requires skills to defeat opponents very easily, regardless if they are skillful or noobs.

    As for the maps like Kamino and Kashyyyk, it does sounds awkward to me hearing skillful players to frustratingly consider the noob players as being very lucky when the noobs simply killed the skillful players with just one push of a button to activate a knockdown ability just because the skillful players are unexpectedly at the wrong place at the wrong time. I do agree with you on the part that they are some of the easiest place to knock off your opponents to death. It's dangerous even for skillful players--not many safer places to be to avoid any risk of free fall. However, I did noticed some players who play well enough to avoid much less knock outs, or any knock outs at all. It all depends on what kind of Heroes they are playing as, where they are located and positioned, and if being saber-wielders that can block that knockdown attacks. As a player myself who main heroes like Iden, Palpatine and Chewbacca, I try my best to position where I have less chance to be pushed to my freefall and more chance to land against a wall/structure/floor. There are some occasions where I somehow ended up falling more than others, as it all depends what kind of opponents I'm facing against.

    Besides, I find Luke's Push much easier to knock them off the map, while Kylo's Pull is more trickier to pull if off if you are positioned well. Yet despite that, Push counts as Kills while Pull does not, so I wouldn't consider the latter more "cheezier" than the former.
    Post edited by FriedPizza773 on
    PSN: FriedPizza773
  • MC_XIX wrote: »
    Good topic. I've always wondered why some abilities grant kills for knocking someone off a ledge while others do not. From my experience, the abilities that count as kills are:

    Luke's Force Push
    Yoda's Unleash
    Maul's Choke Hold (sometimes)

    And the abilities that only give me assists for doing the same thing:

    Han's Detonite Charge
    Chewie's Ground Slam
    Vader's Force Choke
    Luke's Repulse
    Kylo's Pull
    Han's Shoulder Charge

    It needs to be adjusted so that all abilities give you kills for knocking an enemy out of combat.

    I'm not sure about detonate charge, because it needs to kill the opponent for challenges, which, I guess, means the explosion has to be what finishes them off, but other than that I agree.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Good news :smiley:! Since the Grievous Update, I can confirm that Kylo's Pull gets counted as kills indeed when moving opponents to free falls. The video here shows that it works:

    Now let's see if the devs can/will do the same to other knockdown/moving abilities, especially the likes of Luke's Repulse and Vader's Force's Choke.
    PSN: FriedPizza773
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!