criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

2005 Battlefront II

Wiatowski
69 posts Member
edited October 2018
So fired up ye ol' PS2 and played 05 SWBF2 for a couple of hours. How awesome would a modern version of that game be? Like I'm talking about exact replica... Maybe a few tweaks.

Thoughts?

Replies

  • It only has a few elements that should be incorporated, otherwise this game has plenty of much improved and preferable features.
    Otherwise as fun as an exact replica would be it does have it's issues still in certain areas.
  • Azelrazel wrote: »
    It only has a few elements that should be incorporated, otherwise this game has plenty of much improved and preferable features.
    Otherwise as fun as an exact replica would be it does have it's issues still in certain areas.

    >much improved
    >preferable features
    EXTREME casual detected
  • unit900000
    2621 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Wiatowski wrote: »
    So fired up ye ol' PS2 and played 05 SWBF2 for a couple of hours. How awesome would a modern version of that game be? Like I'm talking about exact replica... Maybe a few tweaks.

    Thoughts?

    an exact replica would be fine offline but the old BF2 was garbage online easily one of the worst games I ever played online. if there is a replica it would just need to be the modes and maps. heroes would need to be remade so they are not just a bunch of reskins of the same abilitys and the classes and weapons would need to be redone so vanguard and engineer isn't the only viable class.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Azelrazel wrote: »
    It only has a few elements that should be incorporated, otherwise this game has plenty of much improved and preferable features.
    Otherwise as fun as an exact replica would be it does have it's issues still in certain areas.

    >much improved
    >preferable features
    EXTREME casual detected

    the old game is trash outside of offline play this game actually is better for the most part at least for people that prefer online play.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Easily the best game I ever played in my 45 years of life that is star Wars. I still play it now. When ever I want a large scale star wars battle with maps and no heroes (cause I can turn it off) or with heroes rolling droids 5 classes space battles without space cludder accept no substitute!

    But if they update the graphics to what we have now it would be the best star wars game ever. Hmm I think a lot of people begged for that for battlefront 2 2017 and they said they listen (do you see conquest? No?).
  • bfloo
    14094 posts Member
    The remastered games haven't been holding up well.

    The remastered cod was not nearly as fun as I remembered it to be.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • KlownShueS wrote: »
    Easily the best game I ever played in my 45 years of life that is star Wars. I still play it now. When ever I want a large scale star wars battle with maps and no heroes (cause I can turn it off) or with heroes rolling droids 5 classes space battles without space cludder accept no substitute!

    But if they update the graphics to what we have now it would be the best star wars game ever. Hmm I think a lot of people begged for that for battlefront 2 2017 and they said they listen (do you see conquest? No?).

    That's kinda what I was going for... Today's graphics but that game. Kind of a 05-17 merger.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!