criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Comment if you want to respawn as Hero in HvV SA

Like the title says. It might make HvV SA a little more enjoyable so players won’t quit once they lose their hero ship.

I believe the HvV SA mode would greatly benefit if it follows the same format as HvV where you respawn as a hero. This is an HvV mode correct so make it follow the same format as regular HvV.

Would also cut back the wait times for getting matches.

Anyone else agree?
#StarWars-y

Replies

• Yes....
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Absolutely.
  • I’m 100% all in with this. I would play this mode if it were so.
  • honestly it's kind of an annoying mode to play because of this.

Not so much as the lightside, but if a darkside team goes down a hero ship or two, they likely aren't making a comeback. That round is essntially over as soon as the Y-Wing autoturret spam begins. Very difficult to avoid them and take out the remaining hero ships at the same time (not so much for the darkside's normal ships)

If it was just hero ship version of blast it'd be a much better mode, IMO.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • +1. I would also love this.

Just gonna say this though [personal opinion]: I believe the current design for HvV SA is intentional, and a way to cap the progress of any given Hero Ship for a given match. The more time you spend in-game, the probability of you spending money out of pocket increases (look no further than EA SW Galaxy of Heroes). Creating a Hero-respawn ability would decrease the time in-game associated with leveling up any given Hero starfighter and be more likely to take you out of the game, and less-likely to spend money out of pocket.

Since there is nice mechanism to earn credits in-game, most who play frequently can afford most new content without paying out of pocket. This is why, from a purely business perspective, it is perplexing that EA/DICE isn't saturating the game with an overload of new skins for infantry, Heroes, Ships, etc. Now, there is plenty of time to build up credits to get the newest updates, if several skins were to become available at once (think each new hero gets 1 legendary, and 1 epic; vehicles add customization, and more for infantry) people would be more likely to spend money out of pocket, rather than wait to build up enough credits for everything down the road. It's weird that we aren't seeing that, but if any long-term support is planned for this game, mark my words - its coming.

The "game" EA plays is, more copies sold, more time in-game, more money spent after the initial purchase of game, and how to maximize all three. [/personal opinion]
    In 1977, a single shot rang out at the Cantina.... No first, no second. Han shot - end of statement.

PSN: Han_Spinel
    Youtube: Han Spinel
    Twitter: @Han_Spinel
    The Unofficial Star Wars Battlefront Campaign Companion
  • Bumped because I’m tired of the “waiting for teams to be balanced” message.
    #StarWars-y
  • I don’t know... I mean it would be cool but I’m still stuck with the milestonte “kill 25 hero ships with a fighter” and this mode is the easier way for me to do any progress with that milestone, but I completely agree with your suggestion OP 😃
  • Bumped.
    #StarWars-y
  • Han_Spinel wrote: »
    +1. I would also love this.

Just gonna say this though [personal opinion]: I believe the current design for HvV SA is intentional, and a way to cap the progress of any given Hero Ship for a given match. The more time you spend in-game, the probability of you spending money out of pocket increases (look no further than EA SW Galaxy of Heroes). Creating a Hero-respawn ability would decrease the time in-game associated with leveling up any given Hero starfighter and be more likely to take you out of the game, and less-likely to spend money out of pocket.

Since there is nice mechanism to earn credits in-game, most who play frequently can afford most new content without paying out of pocket. This is why, from a purely business perspective, it is perplexing that EA/DICE isn't saturating the game with an overload of new skins for infantry, Heroes, Ships, etc. Now, there is plenty of time to build up credits to get the newest updates, if several skins were to become available at once (think each new hero gets 1 legendary, and 1 epic; vehicles add customization, and more for infantry) people would be more likely to spend money out of pocket, rather than wait to build up enough credits for everything down the road. It's weird that we aren't seeing that, but if any long-term support is planned for this game, mark my words - its coming.

The "game" EA plays is, more copies sold, more time in-game, more money spent after the initial purchase of game, and how to maximize all three. [/personal opinion]

What the heII are you talking about?? How and who can send money to level up heroes? Credit gain isn't the issue here, it's the fact this mode was made to give players a more reliable way to level up your heroes, and it's even worse.
  • Royazeee
    244 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Every hero ship is waayyy too fragile.....you can take out let’s say Yoda or Iden with the ion turret from the republican bomber in secs...like...no ****
  • AVGN wrote: »
    Yes, this is a place where the target system could actually work.

Totally agreed.
  • I’m 100% all in with this. I would play this mode if it were so.

#StarWars-y
  • @EA_Tom @EA_Charlemagne @F8RGE Was hoping to use the event to level up some hero ship but spent most time in lobbies waiting for them to fill so I went back to regular SA. The mode would be greatly improved if the HvV SA mode followed the same format as regular HvV, where you can respawn as a hero over and over again, then maybe more people would play the mode.
    Also please consider a future HU event for SA where all hero ships would be available in addition with the bonus xp event. I think those of who play SA would enjoy it.
    Would this be difficult to implement?
    #StarWars-y
  • Bumped for an improvement to HvV SA.
    #StarWars-y
  • CC_1010
    757 posts Member
    I agree. But I am a bad pilot anyway...
    I often try spinning. It works

(Most of the time)