criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Star Wars Battlefront 2 player base.

Are you guys all fans of Star Wars?
Did you watch all the movies, TV shows, EU all that stuff?
Or are you just into the game...
I have a friend who plays and knows VERY little of Star Wars. During the first game he played as Jyn against Me, Krennic, and repeatedly yelled "take this father"
To this day I'm pretty sure he doesn't know that Luke and Leia are brother and sister.

Replies

• I used to consume Star Wars content like it was food. Games, comics, books, cartoons, movies, etc. My entry into Star Wars was through Shadows of the Empire and X-Wing/TIE Fighter. And then Disney got a hold of the property and absolutely decimated my interest in any further content from them by destroying the EU and releasing TLJ.
  • I used to consume Star Wars content like it was food. Games, comics, books, cartoons, movies, etc. My entry into Star Wars was through Shadows of the Empire and X-Wing/TIE Fighter. And then Disney got a hold of the property and absolutely decimated my interest in any further content from them by destroying the EU and releasing TLJ.

Haha you know it's not good when the new movies make the prequels look amazing.
  • Yes, I am a fan of the Star Wars.

Watched all movies, played all the game, and followed all EU material.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Yes, I am a fan of the Star Wars.

Bet you did.
  • All I’ll say is...

“Star cruiser...crash!”

-or-

“Would you look at Lumpy! He's sure grown, huh? And I think his voice is changing.”

But, a fan is no fan without embracing all that is Star Wars...

I loved the Timothy Zahn books that guy just flat out gets Star Wars, for me Thrawn is the best character to be introduced to the canon since the Originals.
    Jacen Solo going Dark was pretty cool also.

I loved the Timothy Zahn books that guy just flat out gets Star Wars, for me Thrawn is the best character to be introduced to the canon since the Originals.

Absolutely. The Yuuzhan Vong invasion was also phenomenal, I thought. Darth Caedus...

Absolutely. The Yuuzhan Vong invasion was also phenomenal, I thought. Darth Caedus...

The whole Jacen turning into Caedus was a brilliant story arc, I was gutted when they killed him off, he would have been such a cool ongoing villain.
    And yeah the Yuuzhan Vong was a brilliant storyline, that would actually make a good game right there
  • bfloo
    15008 posts Member
    I love Star Wars, but dizney warz has lost me.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

Timothy Zahn is a good guy, Thrawn is a very good character (just outside my top 5 though) i'll probably read his newer books once i get some more free time, heard they were good.
    hojevrxvarht.png
    Empire_TW wrote: »

Timothy Zahn is a good guy, Thrawn is a very good character (just outside my top 5 though) i'll probably read his newer books once i get some more free time, heard they were good.

Who are your top 5 then? Although with my amazing powers of deduction I have a reasonably good idea whose at number 1
  • I've watched and enjoyed all the movies, except Solo, because I haven't had the chance to see it yet. Also, I own a few games.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • To this day, I am pretty sure Luke wishes that he never kissed his sister.
    I am a huge fan of Star Wars. Not into the EU because it isn't canon. I love everything about Star Wars though.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1

Who are your top 5 then? Although with my amazing powers of deduction I have a reasonably good idea whose at number 1

1. Darth Vader
    2. Iden Versio (I am more than ready to have her take Vader's spot but she needs more media/stories about her)
    3. Director Krennic
    4. General Veers
    5. Lando Calrissian

My old forum banner was used to be my top 4
    rt7r1q2ul7qj.png

The next 5 are
    6. Thrawn
    7. Han Solo
    8. Admiral Piett
    9. Jerjerrod
    10. Poe Dameron
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Mariobot21
    264 posts Member
    edited October 2018

1. Darth Vader
    2. Iden Versio (I am more than ready to have her take Vader's spot but she needs more media/stories about her)
    3. Director Krennic
    4. General Veers
    5. Lando Calrissian

rt7r1q2ul7qj.png

The next 5 are
    6. Thrawn
    7. Han Solo
    8. Admiral Piett
    9. Jerjerrod
    10. Poe Dameron

Ok no iden Versio should not anymore stories after the trash ea. Campaign
  • EA_Cian
    1225 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Let's try to refrain from trolling remarks, please. :smile:
  • bfloo wrote: »

Yup7jrntnb65t5n.jpg

1. Darth Vader
    3. Director Krennic
    4. General Veers
    5. Lando Calrissian

rt7r1q2ul7qj.png

The next 5 are
    6. Thrawn
    7. Han Solo
    8. Admiral Piett
    9. Jerjerrod
    10. Poe Dameron

1. Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus
    2. Anakin/Darth Vader
    3. Darth Bane
    4. Leia
    5. Thrawn
    6. Palpatine
    7. Luke
    8. Han
    9. Obi-Wan
    10. Chewbacca (now he eats people I bumped him up a spot)
  • Are you guys all fans of Star Wars?
    Did you watch all the movies, TV shows, EU all that stuff?
    Or are you just into the game...
    I have a friend who plays and knows VERY little of Star Wars. During the first game he played as Jyn against Me, Krennic, and repeatedly yelled "take this father"
    To this day I'm pretty sure he doesn't know that Luke and Leia are brother and sister.

Everything. Everything Star Wars. I know every rule of two era sith, i've read FAR past ROTJ, I love the EU. Massive Star Wars fan. And I do like the new movies.

1. Yoda
    2. Luke Skywalker (I actually like him in TLJ)
    3. Darth Malgus
    4. Darth Maul
    5. Han Solo
  • bfloo wrote: »

Yup7jrntnb65t5n.jpg

Except he didn't try to kill Kylo... he wanted to for a split second, and was going to kill Vader for MUCH longer. Plus, in a way killing Kylo would be more jedilike, because killing Kylo would have been to save others, not for revenge.

1. Yoda
    2. Luke Skywalker (I actually like him in TLJ)
    3. Darth Malgus
    4. Darth Maul
    5. Han Solo

I wasn't keen on what they did to the character, but Mark Hammil's performance was brilliant.
  • EA_Cian
    1225 posts EA Staff (retired)
    I've removed some of the recent posts. A reminder that we ask users try not to swear, per our forum rules. Also, let's try to stay on topic and not turn this into a talk about the various trilogies. This thread's really more about players of the game and their interest in the Star Wars IP outside of the game. :smile: