criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Hotfix: Coming Next Week

13Next

Replies

• If it drops on time. How's the hotfix coming @F8RGE ?
  • Getting fed up when the enemy team has 4 heroes in the first phase of GA or 3 AT-ST's or 10 enforcers...
  • BTL-A4_Ace
    709 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    @F8RGE is there any news on fixing the following issues?
    • Players sometimes auto-spawn (Multiplayer & Arcade) without the option to select or configure their character/vehicle/etc.
    • The pause menu is now missing that nice out-of-focus effect.
    • The neat animations when selecting Heroes in the pre-round screen don't trigger.
    • Cannot customize Emotes or Victory Poses in the Multiplayer pre-round screen as well as Appearances and Emotes in the Arcade pre-round screen.
    • In Custom Arcade, the cockpits for Poe Dameron's Black One T-70 X-wing and Darth Maul's Scimitar disappear after pausing until they respawn, and the cockpits for all other Hero Ships and starfighters disappear while the pause menu is displayed.
    • Many turrets in Starfighter Team Battle and Starfighter Onslaught do not function, cannot be tagged, have no HUD indicator or do not explode when destroyed.
    • AI sometimes cease to respawn in Starfighter Team Battle and Starfighter Onslaught.
    • In Arcade, the AI do not use some abilities against the player while some abilities aren't used at all.
    • Cannot disable double tap to sprint.
    • Cannot set default starfighter view.
    • Need separate zoom sensitivity settings for vehicles and starfighters.
    • Cannot map the "Lightsaber Ignition" function on the PC version.
    • The "Tag Attacker" function is missing for controller starfighter controls (consoles and PC).
    • The base sensitivity for the V-4X-D Ski Speeder is insanely high on the PC version.
    • The light source bug where the interior of closed doors are lit up when their exterior is exposed to sunlight.
    • BTL-A4 Y-wing "Defeated by" diagram is missing the ion cannon.
    • RZ-1 A-wing has incorrect laser cannon and engine SFX.
    • The RZ-1 A-wings parked in the hangar in the Main Story Campaign Mission "The Dauntless" do not have their landing skids engaged.
    • The flashback suppressors for all X-wings are angled incorrectly.
    • The Imperial Rocket Trooper is missing some details in the Main Story Campaign.
    "All wings report in."
  • BTL-A4_Ace wrote: »
    • Players sometimes auto-spawn (Multiplayer & Arcade) without the option to select or configure their character/vehicle.
    • The neat animations when selecting Heroes in the pre-round screen don't trigger.
    • Cannot customize Emotes or Victory Poses in the Multiplayer pre-round screen as well as Appearances and Emotes in the Arcade pre-round screen.
    • In Custom Arcade, the cockpits for Poe Dameron's Black One T-70 X-wing and Darth Maul's Scimitar disappear after pausing until they respawn, and the cockpits for all other vehicles disappear while the pause menu is displayed.
    • Many turrets in Starfighter Team Battle and Starfighter Onslaught do not function, cannot be tagged, have no HUD indicator or do not explode when destroyed.
    • AI sometimes cease to respawn in Starfighter Team Battle and Starfighter Onslaught.
    • In Arcade, the AI do not use some abilities against the player while some abilities aren't used at all.
    • The "Target Attacker" function is missing for controller starfighter controls (consoles and PC).
    • The base sensitivity for the V-4X-D Ski Speeder is insanely high on the PC version.
    • The light source bug where the interior of closed doors are lit up when their exterior is exposed to sunlight.
    • The RZ-1 A-wings parked in the hangar in the Main Story Campaign Mission "The Dauntless" do not have their landing skids engaged.
    • The Imperial Rocket Trooper is missing some details in the Main Story Campaign.

Yes, ski speeder needs a fix. More important than minor details, though, is the incorrect DT weapon...
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
    • Players sometimes auto-spawn (Multiplayer & Arcade) without the option to select or configure their character/vehicle.
    • In Custom Arcade, the cockpits for Poe Dameron's Black One T-70 X-wing and Darth Maul's Scimitar disappear after pausing until they respawn, and the cockpits for all other vehicles disappear while the pause menu is displayed.
    • The "Target Attacker" function is missing for controller starfighter controls (consoles and PC).

Yes, ski speeder needs a fix. More important than minor details, though, is the incorrect DT weapon...

That's true. I forgot about that one. Good catch. :smiley:
    "All wings report in."
    BTL-A4_Ace wrote: »

That's true. I forgot about that one. Good catch. :smiley:

Also, just started today, my camera in strike was not on my trooper, was on an officer. Hit pause, resume, and now the trooper part of the loading menu is there. Walking once I got my camera somehow just sent me back if I went too far. Had to respawn to fix it. PC
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • Hope it’s to fix the Xbox players problems that won’t let me and many others get into the game and also fix the bugs with the squad system.
  • SVEJ
    1158 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Also, so you're aware. We are looking to address the 'health stacking'. I know there's been quite a bit of discussion on this recently. Further details to follow.

The health stacking needs to be removed, sometimes pushing the throne room on naboo is a pain. I mean, yoda, finn, heavies and officers all give a boost, it's like impossible to rush.

Also is the bug that enables 6 heroes/villains for one team being addressed? i've played round 2 of naboo and enemy team had like 4 heroes up and we had 2 villains.

also is the hangers on death star 2 ever going to be fixed? you can throw grenades and shoot through them (phase 1 imperial defense and phase 2 rebel attack, when you spawn the big hanger door to the left of the imperials. (same with the small windows leading to the lasers on the left of the imperials.

thanks.
  • SVEJ
    1158 posts Member
    Mikesterk wrote: »
    Are ya’ll rolling back the awful squad spawning? Really sucks imo although it does a great job of pointing out the leeches that are in your squad sitting back at the starting point of the map. Can the squad spawn be an option like another set of GA going on where some people prefer this set up? That or can you at least show on the scoreboard who is in a group and who isn’t so solo people can get out of the match?

I think the squad system is fine frankly. If you don't like spawn on teammates just hit default. I know some don't like the respawn timer, but I think it's needed, in order to keep things fair squad-wise.

the issue with the spawning is that the animation is buggy and makes you face the wrong way, plus if your teammate is using the shield or binoculars it puts them in combat state and you arent able to spawn on them, plus you cant start the game of with your group, you are separated until the next round, which doesnt make any sense since i got placed in a squad with an empty space, where my group member/friend could have filled up.
    • Players sometimes auto-spawn (Multiplayer & Arcade) without the option to select or configure their character/vehicle/etc.
    • In Custom Arcade, the cockpits for Poe Dameron's Black One T-70 X-wing and Darth Maul's Scimitar disappear after pausing until they respawn, and the cockpits for all other Hero Ships and starfighters disappear while the pause menu is displayed.
    • The "Tag Attacker" function is missing for controller starfighter controls (consoles and PC).

I apologize @F8RGE , there are some additional issues I forgot to include in my previous post.
    • The Alpha-3 Nimbus-class V-wing has the incorrect clone model as it's pilot.
    • Some map specific features do not work in Team Battle and Onslaught such as not being able to activate the hologram on Tatooine - Mos Eisley; cannot open/close the main blast door on Endor; cannot manually close turbo shaft doors on Bespin; cannot extend/retract the bridge on Death Star II; etc.
    • The BTL-A4 Y-wing has a LOD graphical glitch where the cockpit module is visibly separated from the fuselage when viewed from a distance.
    • Imperial Death Trooper should be equipped with the E-11D as the primary weapon.
    • Boba Fett needs to be able to ADS.
    • Some of the vehicle/starfighter names are incomplete or incorrect and should read as: LAAT/i; 74-Z Speeder Bike; V-4X-D Ski Speeder; UT-60D U-wing; Alpha-3 Nimbus-class V-wing; Vulture-class Droid Starfighter; Droid Tri-Fighter; Hyena-class Droid Bomber.
    • Blaster wielding Heroes cannot combat roll in the Main Story and Resurrection Campaigns, and cannot crouch in Multiplayer and Arcade.
    • Some of the Separatist forces (e.g. Vulture-class Droid Starfighter, Lucrehulk-class Battleship, AAT, etc.) do not bear the CIS paint schemes and emblems used during TCW.
    • Some of the lightsaber wielding Heroes' Emotes will automatically reignite lightsabers if they're turned off - Darth Maul's "I Sense Your Fear"; Yoda's "There Is No Try"; Luke Skywalker's "Greetings, Exalted Ones".
    • Some of the lightsaber wielding Heroes' Abilities that don't involve the use of their lightsaber will automatically reignite them if they're turned off - Darth Maul's Choke Hold; Darth Vader's Focused Rage and Choke; Kylo Ren's Pull, Frenzy and Freeze; Yoda's Unleash and Presence; Luke Skywalker's Push and Repulse; Rey's Mind Trick.

Is it possible these problems will be addressed in the future?
    "All wings report in."
  • Hot fix coming 'Soon'
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real

I apologize @F8RGE , there are some additional issues I forgot to include in my previous post.
    • Some map specific features do not work in Team Battle and Onslaught such as not being able to activate the hologram on Tatooine - Mos Eisley; cannot open/close the main blast door on Endor; cannot manually close turbo shaft doors on Bespin; cannot extend/retract the bridge on Death Star II; etc.
    • The BTL-A4 Y-wing has a LOD graphical glitch where the cockpit module is visibly separated from the fuselage when viewed from a distance.
    • Imperial Death Trooper should be equipped with the E-11D as the primary weapon.
    • Some of the vehicle/starfighter names are incomplete or incorrect and should read as: LAAT/i; 74-Z Speeder Bike; V-4X-D Ski Speeder; UT-60D U-wing; Alpha-3 Nimbus-class V-wing; Vulture-class Droid Starfighter; Droid Tri-Fighter; Hyena-class Droid Bomber.
    • Blaster wielding Heroes cannot combat roll in the Main Story and Resurrection Campaigns, and cannot crouch in Multiplayer and Arcade.
    • Some of the Separatist forces (e.g. Vulture-class Droid Starfighter, Lucrehulk-class Battleship, AAT, etc.) do not bear the CIS paint schemes and emblems used during TCW.
    • Some of the lightsaber wielding Heroes' Emotes will automatically reignite lightsabers if they're turned off - Darth Maul's "I Sense Your Fear"; Yoda's "There Is No Try"; Luke Skywalker's "Greetings, Exalted Ones".
    • Some of the lightsaber wielding Heroes' Abilities that don't involve the use of their lightsaber will automatically reignite them if they're turned off - Darth Maul's Choke Hold; Darth Vader's Focused Rage and Choke; Kylo Ren's Pull, Frenzy and Freeze; Yoda's Unleash and Presence; Luke Skywalker's Push and Repulse; Rey's Mind Trick.

Frenzy involves his lightsaber but other than that, the sabers shouldn't ignite when turned off with all the other stuff you mentioned.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • Is there any way you can fix the thermal imploder blast radius/AOE. I get being in the AOE but sometimes you won't even be 10ft away and still end up dying instantly. Its quite annoying, but can it be addressed?
    “I am no Jedi.” — Ahsoka Tano
    Add Me
    PS4- QueenBlackWidow
    https://giphy.com/gifs/9E7kUhnT9eDok/html5
  • EightMile wrote: »
    Hot fix coming 'Soon'

Yeah I'm not expecting the "Hotfix" to actually come this week, the new road map was supposed to come out last Friday, but even though it is finished and has been for a while, it is nowhere to be seen.

At this risk of sounding like I wear a tinfoil hat, is someone on the inside deliberately sabotaging this game?
  • DarthJ
    6159 posts Member
    I think they need to read up on what a hotfix actually is and means, or look at other gaming developers for examples
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Setgang6 wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »
    Are ya’ll rolling back the awful squad spawning? Really sucks imo although it does a great job of pointing out the leeches that are in your squad sitting back at the starting point of the map. Can the squad spawn be an option like another set of GA going on where some people prefer this set up? That or can you at least show on the scoreboard who is in a group and who isn’t so solo people can get out of the match?

I think the squad system is fine frankly. If you don't like spawn on teammates just hit default. I know some don't like the respawn timer, but I think it's needed, in order to keep things fair squad-wise.

I don’t mind people spawning on each other but I’d like my “default” to be no one can spawn on me for when I’m hunting.

Lol try hitting the melee button. Any combat move in this game makes it to where teammates can't spawn on you for like 2 seconds.

hwxwu0hwip5c.gif

So your telling me I just have to melee my way to flank positions?

It’s very difficult to pull stuff off like this due to randoms spawning on me now without being noticed when I want to. Like I said, I don’t care if people spawn on each other but I want the option to do this when I want to.

It's called sarcasm. Honestly, I don't get why you'd want to solo flank. The more the better imo.

If I’m flanking and a random person I don’t know spawns on me and starts firing the element of surprise is gone. If I was able to communicate with the randoms spawning maybe we could work it out. I prefer to flank solo rather than have random people light up the radar. I wasn’t a fan of Battlefield 1 but they nailed the squad system to allow people to choose.

This has happened to me too many times since the patch. Honestly the squad system has destroyed any balance this game had. I had squads before by using the in game group feature & we communicated like normal people to push the objectives & call our enemies. We didn’t need to piggyback spawn off each other. If you die you don’t get rewarded by spawning closer to an objective or teammate who has made their way further up the map.
    Setgang6 wrote: »

I don’t mind people spawning on each other but I’d like my “default” to be no one can spawn on me for when I’m hunting.

Lol try hitting the melee button. Any combat move in this game makes it to where teammates can't spawn on you for like 2 seconds.

hwxwu0hwip5c.gif

So your telling me I just have to melee my way to flank positions?

It’s very difficult to pull stuff off like this due to randoms spawning on me now without being noticed when I want to. Like I said, I don’t care if people spawn on each other but I want the option to do this when I want to.

It's called sarcasm. Honestly, I don't get why you'd want to solo flank. The more the better imo.

If I’m flanking and a random person I don’t know spawns on me and starts firing the element of surprise is gone. If I was able to communicate with the randoms spawning maybe we could work it out. I prefer to flank solo rather than have random people light up the radar. I wasn’t a fan of Battlefield 1 but they nailed the squad system to allow people to choose.

This has happened to me too many times since the patch. Honestly the squad system has destroyed any balance this game had. I had squads before by using the in game group feature & we communicated like normal people to push the objectives & call our enemies. We didn’t need to piggyback spawn off each other. If you die you don’t get rewarded by spawning closer to an objective or teammate who has made their way further up the map.

Totally agree. There is not strategy and tactic in matches anymore.
  • Argh, there are two more issues I forgot to mention that need to be addressed:
    • Blaster impact FX (scorch marks, sparks and smoke) are triggered by all melee and Force based Hero Abilities (e.g. Han Solo's Shoulder Charge, Luke Skywalker's Push and Repulse, Darth Vader's Choke, Darth Maul's Choke Hold, etc.).
    • The 74-Z Speeder Bike controls need an overhaul. Something akin to the last game would be terrific along with the return of it's Afterburner Ability.

I'm gettin' old, I guess. lol
    TheScape wrote: »

Frenzy involves his lightsaber but other than that, the sabers shouldn't ignite when turned off with all the other stuff you mentioned.

Well, technically Frenzy is the Force augmented dash toward his target. It's different from, say Luke's Rush, because Kylo doesn't actually attack with his lightsaber until you push the appropriate button/key. I believe it should ignite when the attack is initiated. :smile:
    "All wings report in."
  • If the hot fix doesn't include some sort of matchmaking and preventing the formation of good players vs bad players, I don't care. Fix some real issues that affect everyone here, please.
  • If the hot fix doesn't include some sort of matchmaking and preventing the formation of good players vs bad players, I don't care. Fix some real issues that affect everyone here, please.

If I recall, the matchmaking will not happen until after since the newest patch exposed massive bugs.
  • The card changes should have been part of a hotfix or minor update. That is not content. Lowered expectations. I hate it more that they're stretching it out. Let us all move on if you already have.
  • So....not today i guess?
  • Probably friday
  • No news? :'(
  • TheScape
    1943 posts Member
    Argh, there are two more issues I forgot to mention that need to be addressed:
    • Blaster impact FX (scorch marks, sparks and smoke) are triggered by all melee and Force based Hero Abilities (e.g. Han Solo's Shoulder Charge, Luke Skywalker's Push and Repulse, Darth Vader's Choke, Darth Maul's Choke Hold, etc.).
    • The 74-Z Speeder Bike controls need an overhaul. Something akin to the last game would be terrific along with the return of it's Afterburner Ability.

Well, technically Frenzy is the Force augmented dash toward his target. It's different from, say Luke's Rush, because Kylo doesn't actually attack with his lightsaber until you push the appropriate button/key. I believe it should ignite when the attack is initiated. :smile:

Yeah, of course. It makes no sense for the saber to activate until he actually starts to strike. I thought you meant the whole Frenzy ability and not just the initial part.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • bfloo
    14499 posts Member
    grimmace2 wrote: »
    For future clarification, what sort of timeline should we be expecting when we hear the term "hotfix"?

In the words of our old friend, Inigo Montoya, "You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means."

They heat it in the microwave before they release it.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

I always thought Luke crushed their internal organs... And then started a force fire via lightning inside them...
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • The absolute worst customer service ever! Break the game for a console platform and do not address it for over a week! Ridiculous!
    I thought I could at least jump into a game after arcade matches as many have noted but, nope! Instead it crashes multiple times before you even get in and even then its not guaranteed! Oh and then you give the team of **** unlimited heroes!
    I think I am going to boycott EA and DICE and put out flyers telling them to stah away from their games because they, along with the employees, are broken!
    Who's with me!
  • Devlin21
    8308 posts Member
    Hotfix comes tomorrow. (Thursday October 4)
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Devlin21 wrote: »

Who told you so?
  • Devlin21
    8308 posts Member
    Halpen4 wrote: »
    Devlin21 wrote: »

Who told you so?

prqkwzq86emt.png
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• DaxStorm wrote: »
    It is so frustrating that they don’t post these details on their own forum!

+1
  • DaxStorm wrote: »

I dont blame them. Some people here have terrible forum etiquette.
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
    DaxStorm wrote: »

I'd never comment here if I was dev.
  • sweet hotfix amirite...

Defbored wrote: »
    EightMile wrote: »

If I were as inadequate at my job, committing the same offenses over, and over, and over, I’d also be reluctant to show my face where those who congregate have the audacity to call me out for my ineptitude.

Funny, huh?
  • Here's the link to the Hotfix Patch Notes for all those that are interested:

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121343/star-wars-battlefront-ii-release-notes-october-hotfix
  • Will this fix address the problem with timed challenges? Since the update, I've been completing challenges, but not getting the credits for them. It's been 9 days since the update. 3 challenges a day X 500 credits each. That's 13500 credits I'm missing. I don't want to think this is on purpose so people will buy credits, but it's hard not to.
  • Defbored wrote: »
    EightMile wrote: »

They don't have to make an active thread, just an announcement would do.
  • Well I suppose the 'hotfix' is in and now we're back to just GA working and everything else empty rooms.
    We had full rooms for a few days, literally, now it's back to being screwed up.

#GAsucks
    If you see this, it means I haven't found a game in well over 30 minutes.
    PLAYERS NEEDED: ANY!
  • grimmace2 wrote: »
    For future clarification, what sort of timeline should we be expecting when we hear the term "hotfix"?

In the words of our old friend, Inigo Montoya, "You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means."

Its opposites day.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • Played for 2 hours-GA was the only game mode I can find-and I experienced no crashes or lag. We'll see how this holds up. So far so good on fixing the things that the last update screwed up. Hotfix seems to have worked for me on PC.

• Tick tock dice

R.I.P
    Star Wars Battlefront 2
    2017 - 2018

" Dear EA and Dice Do not try to silence those who are simply trying to get the TRUTH out if you do remember screen shots can always be taken of your Devs threatening us over dm so please choose your next words carefully you are already stealing $$ from gamers bc of this sale want to add threatening on to the ever growing list! "

I believe its called Freedom of speech
  • Dash
    11530 posts Member
    edited October 2018

Tick tock dice

R.I.P
    Star Wars Battlefront 2
    2017 - 2018

" Dear EA and Dice Do not try to silence those who are simply trying to get the TRUTH out if you do remember screen shots can always be taken of your Devs threatening us over dm so please choose your next words carefully you are already stealing $$ from gamers bc of this sale want to add threatening on to the ever growing list! "

I believe its called Freedom of speech

No Developer has Ever DM’d and threatened anyone on these forums to silence themselves. What you’ve most likely experienced was a moderator discussing rules privately with you. I just wanted to clarify that confusion.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• SCARTracer4316
    46 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Your on the pS4 so how about you shhh and play your working game...
  • Your on the pS4 so how about you shhh and play your working game...

That's presumptuous. I'm slightly happy that the same problem we've been experiencing for three months is finally hitting other boxes.
    If you see this, it means I haven't found a game in well over 30 minutes.
    PLAYERS NEEDED: ANY!
  • Check the Main post for xbox connection problems i have a slight working fix maybe samething would work for PS4 players havnt tested it on there but on xbox it works!!!👌👌👌