criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

The Solo Movie Makes Me Feel Bad...For Stubborn Players

Spoiler Warning!!! Though I do not reveal any specific details about the movies or characters.

One of the annoying complaints that I see on this forum very often is that there shouldn't be clone wars content because the shows are for kids. Despite the shows being cannon, the fact that these shows are animated somehow takes away from their enjoyment of the content these shows have to offer. Though these shows might have toned down on the more gratuitous violence, these shows delved into storylines that rivaled some of the best EU books. Yet people hate the fact that these shows are presenting themselves in a way that allows a younger generation to get into Star Wars, as if there should only be one generations of fans or that Star Wars should just be based around the three original movies (which I do agree is the best trilogy).

The Solo movie shows us how the content introduced in the shows is just as viable as other Star Wars content. The character that appears in the hologram (I won't be more specific for fear of spoiling it), is a direct tie to storylines introduced the The Clone Wars and Rebels (and honestly was awesome as heck). The creators of Star Wars are comfortable with mixing content from the shows into the movies. I feel bad for the people who don't understand how this scene is even possible in Star Wars because they didn't watch the shows because they are childish. It should be a lesson to stubborn players out there to just enjoy all the content Star Wars has to offer.

So let there be content from the shows in this game and in the movies, it just adds the the experience of Star Wars. It adds to the expansiveness and depth of the Star Wars universe.

Replies

• Empire_TW
    6064 posts Member
    I hate Clone Wars. There I said it. It is just bad.

DEAR GOD YOU HAVE AN OPINION?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • HansTheBest
    1120 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Empire_TW wrote: »

How dare you?! I didn't state an opinion. I stated a fact. ;)
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »

How dare you?! I didn't state an opinion. I stated a fact. ;)

My apologies, I'll ready a shuttle and apologize to you in person.

What do you mean you don't like Clone Wars! Im SOOO OFFENDED you dont agree with me!!! You should totally berate him for not liking the show!!!

/sarcasm

We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • JAREDUP
    1593 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Enfys Nest is teenage girl
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    Preach
  • F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    mom is teenage girl

Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• johnny_mercury
    4161 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Enfys Nest is teenage girl

She's 19yo, a young woman. Artemisia, Lady Trieu and Joan of Arc were all warriors and military leaders who fought as teenagers and some died as before 25yo. You can't compare her to the Instagram celebrities of the here and now.
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • Watch this lol

• We need all content possible
  • OOM19
    2831 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Spoiler Warning!!! Though I do not reveal any specific details about the movies or characters.

One of the annoying complaints that I see on this forum very often is that there shouldn't be clone wars content because the shows are for kids. Despite the shows being cannon, the fact that these shows are animated somehow takes away from their enjoyment of the content these shows have to offer. Though these shows might have toned down on the more gratuitous violence, these shows delved into storylines that rivaled some of the best EU books. Yet people hate the fact that these shows are presenting themselves in a way that allows a younger generation to get into Star Wars, as if there should only be one generations of fans or that Star Wars should just be based around the three original movies (which I do agree is the best trilogy).

The Solo movie shows us how the content introduced in the shows is just as viable as other Star Wars content. The character that appears in the hologram (I won't be more specific for fear of spoiling it), is a direct tie to storylines introduced the The Clone Wars and Rebels (and honestly was awesome as heck). The creators of Star Wars are comfortable with mixing content from the shows into the movies. I feel bad for the people who don't understand how this scene is even possible in Star Wars because they didn't watch the shows because they are childish. It should be a lesson to stubborn players out there to just enjoy all the content Star Wars has to offer.

So let there be content from the shows in this game and in the movies, it just adds the the experience of Star Wars. It adds to the expansiveness and depth of the Star Wars universe.

Agreed

Tell me do you know what this is?
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • I've only just started watching the clone wars cartoon - and I really like it. (I've never seen it any of it before).
    I find the new Star wars films boring, unimaginative - Rogue one of OK , Solo - Meh.
  • I don’t like the clone wars cartoons, I tried but couldn’t get into it, I guess I’m just to old to appreciate them, but I think they’re introducing Star Wars to a new audience and that can’t be a bad thing.
    In my opinion if clone wars content was added it would have to be made more realistic as cartoon characters would just look odd. And I wouldn’t have a problem with that.
  • holstar1993
    1140 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I never watched clone wars until I came on these forums and now I'm in season 3 and enjoying it. If you are letting the fact it's a cartoon stop you from watching, you're missing out imo.

I liked solo more than the last 3 films, personally. Rogue one was good for the most part, but the computer generated tarkin and leia was a problem for me, which is weird because here I am suggesting people watch clone wars.

All that said, any new content added to the game is welcome. What we have and what's coming isn't nearly enough.
  • DaxStorm wrote: »
    I don’t like the clone wars cartoons, I tried but couldn’t get into it, I guess I’m just to old to appreciate them, but I think they’re introducing Star Wars to a new audience and that can’t be a bad thing.
    In my opinion if clone wars content was added it would have to be made more realistic as cartoon characters would just look odd. And I wouldn’t have a problem with that.

Of course they'll make them look realistic
  • @H4YW1R3 my goodness 100% perfecto in everything you said!
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • bfloo
    14992 posts Member
    rollind24 wrote: »
    @H4YW1R3 my goodness 100% perfecto in everything you said!

All true
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• H4YW1R3 wrote: »

lol, OP calling people who don't like the Clone Wars show stubborn and childish while writing a stubborn and childish post.

I tried to watch both the Clone Wars show and Rebels. Couldn't get more than a few episodes in. They sucked in my opinion. But unlike your childish assumptions about people who don't agree with you, I understand that a lot of people do like the show.

My problem with all the Clone Wars content in this game is all the people constantly whining about adding more and more of it. Any love I did have for that era of the Star Wars universe is gone now because those of us who aren't fans are sick of having it shoved in our face. There is too much focus on Clone Wars and heroes period, let alone clone wars heroes. People are asking for non-hero modes, and non-hero versions of GA. But DICE is pandering to all the clone wars and hero whining on the forums and nothing is getting fixed.

We're getting clone wars skins and heroes, and having clone war exclusive maps forced down our throats. Meanwhile, bugs aren't getting fixed. They're just accumulating. Troopers haven't gotten even ONE new weapon, let alone a new trooper or reinforcement. Reinforcement don't even have emotes.

More than that, we need a server browser to replace the **** console style "quickmatch" system that was placed in the game for greed purposes so players would "browse while searching" and spend more money on the EA's failed crate progression scam. We sit there waiting while not even knowing if there are any active lobbies. We get repeatedly thrown into empty lobbies that no one wants to wait and fill since everyone thinks maybe, if they keep trying, they'll find an active one. With server browsers, we'd know. We wouldn't be wasting our time, and we could start a lobby if needed, and others would see it, and lack of active lobbies, and would help fill them. I know I can't be the only one that dreads logging onto the game because of this "quickmatch" system. A lot of times I just play something else because of the thought of it. Or quit because of it.

And we need a shuffle between rounds. That's all. Something simple that would solve an issue people have been complaining about since release. Team imbalance. You'd still get imbalance with a shuffle, but you wouldn't get the same people losing over and over, round after round. It'd break those streaks and you'd get a lot of balanced, close games in there too. We don't need whatever fancy (and so far failed) matchmaking system DICE is trying to rig up. I don't want some algorithm that tries to stack the teams so that I'll wonder if it was tactics or skill (or lack of them) that won/lost the round, or if it was by the design of some algorithm that stacked the team to cause that outcome. A simple shuffle between rounds. An easy fix that could have been implemented early after launch. But that'd be to easy for Dice, and would actually fix something and go a long way to making the game more playable. We couldn't have that.

So **** the Clone Wars and heroes. Fix the game.

It seems like you have more of a problem with the way the devs are dripping out content. If all of the bugs were fixed, server browser installed etc... would you still have a problem with a vocal group of people asking for Clone Wars content? Is CW really what you are angry at? And while I do think the OP got off track a little, I think his overall point was people shouldn't dislike or not watch the shows just because they are animated. There are other perfectly valid reasons to not watch or like the shows. Personally, I think they are great, but that is my opinion just as you are entitled to yours.
  • OOM19
    2831 posts Member
    OOM-9 would be super easy to make

We got the model

DO IT
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • I loved the clone wars tv show. It had my favorite character in the prequel trilogy.
    anakinandpadme2.jpg

I didn't watch Solo is because I didn't care about his character before a New Hope. Han is a okay person but I wasn't interested. I'm not really a true Star Wars fan.
    Rebels and the Force Unleashed I tried to get into but I couldn't. Rebels is more boring than CW.
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • bfloo wrote: »
    H4YW1R3 wrote: »

lol, OP calling people who don't like the Clone Wars show stubborn and childish while writing a stubborn and childish post.

I tried to watch both the Clone Wars show and Rebels. Couldn't get more than a few episodes in. They sucked in my opinion. But unlike your childish assumptions about people who don't agree with you, I understand that a lot of people do like the show.

My problem with all the Clone Wars content in this game is all the people constantly whining about adding more and more of it. Any love I did have for that era of the Star Wars universe is gone now because those of us who aren't fans are sick of having it shoved in our face. There is too much focus on Clone Wars and heroes period, let alone clone wars heroes. People are asking for non-hero modes, and non-hero versions of GA. But DICE is pandering to all the clone wars and hero whining on the forums and nothing is getting fixed.

We're getting clone wars skins and heroes, and having clone war exclusive maps forced down our throats. Meanwhile, bugs aren't getting fixed. They're just accumulating. Troopers haven't gotten even ONE new weapon, let alone a new trooper or reinforcement. Reinforcement don't even have emotes.

More than that, we need a server browser to replace the **** console style "quickmatch" system that was placed in the game for greed purposes so players would "browse while searching" and spend more money on the EA's failed crate progression scam. We sit there waiting while not even knowing if there are any active lobbies. We get repeatedly thrown into empty lobbies that no one wants to wait and fill since everyone thinks maybe, if they keep trying, they'll find an active one. With server browsers, we'd know. We wouldn't be wasting our time, and we could start a lobby if needed, and others would see it, and lack of active lobbies, and would help fill them. I know I can't be the only one that dreads logging onto the game because of this "quickmatch" system. A lot of times I just play something else because of the thought of it. Or quit because of it.

And we need a shuffle between rounds. That's all. Something simple that would solve an issue people have been complaining about since release. Team imbalance. You'd still get imbalance with a shuffle, but you wouldn't get the same people losing over and over, round after round. It'd break those streaks and you'd get a lot of balanced, close games in there too. We don't need whatever fancy (and so far failed) matchmaking system DICE is trying to rig up. I don't want some algorithm that tries to stack the teams so that I'll wonder if it was tactics or skill (or lack of them) that won/lost the round, or if it was by the design of some algorithm that stacked the team to cause that outcome. A simple shuffle between rounds. An easy fix that could have been implemented early after launch. But that'd be to easy for Dice, and would actually fix something and go a long way to making the game more playable. We couldn't have that.

So **** the Clone Wars and heroes. Fix the game.

It seems like you have more of a problem with the way the devs are dripping out content. If all of the bugs were fixed, server browser installed etc... would you still have a problem with a vocal group of people asking for Clone Wars content? Is CW really what you are angry at? And while I do think the OP got off track a little, I think his overall point was people shouldn't dislike or not watch the shows just because they are animated. There are other perfectly valid reasons to not watch or like the shows. Personally, I think they are great, but that is my opinion just as you are entitled to yours.

The cw army has been toxic for months. They turned a lot of us casual pt fans away from it.

The drip feed of cw content for months is an issue, we don't want 8 months straight of cw.

I don't want 8 months of CW content either. That's way too long, and it just reinforces my point that I think a large reason why there is so much toxicity towards CW is because in order to get a good amount of it, it has to be stretched out like this. Over its entire timeline, the CW "season" is actually a good content drop that should have taken less than half the time to implement. But I will concede that there is a very vocal minority giving us CW fans a bad rap with all of their demands and complaining.
  • EA_Cian
    1225 posts EA Staff (retired)
    As this thread was a (minor) necro from May but has mostly already turned into a mix of arguing and talking about folks who are interested in CW content, I am gonna lock it.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!