criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Starfighter Assault Thread

Replies

• hsf_
    1988 posts Member
    TheScape wrote: »
    hsf_ wrote: »
    The increased health for the non-Falcon starships was needed.

Not being able to regen health while cloaked hurts the Scimitar, but the lower CD for Stealth is a decent compromise.

Reducing all of the Falcon ships' health should have been done a long time ago.

I also agree that the Lando Falcon is the best of the three. That +20% turn rate star card is a must have. Completely changes the feel of the ship.

KC

Not sure how you read Maul's change but it is the other way around in terms of cooldown:
    Darth Maul's Scimitar
    • Lowered regen rate to 600 from 700
    • Made regeneration cooldown stop while being in cloak mode = You can't regen while cloaking and it will resume the count down to regen when you get out of it again.
    • Increased cooldown time for cloak to 20 from 15.
    • Increased total health (hull + shield): (4500→5000)

Apart from his HP buff, he was nerfed in every other way (lower regen rate, no regen while cloaked and longer cloak cooldown). It's understandable for Hero Starfighters (since Hard Lock + "uncloak" with a certain pair of cards makes you invincible), but it hurts him on SA if a decent pilot tries to follow you (it's "relatively" easy to follow a cloaked Maul since he has a blue outline).

Hardlock still causes 2 second freezing.

Do you mean when you activate it? I meant that if you use your cloaking ability, lock on someone and start shooting, with a certain pair of cards (I just don't know the name) you get a damage bonus and no overheat for a certain amount of time. So he is extremely dangerous. I used that combo to get his 25 heros milestone since it was instant death for even the Falcons.

No I mean if you get hardlock'd, occasionally it will cause you to freeze for 2 seconds on PC.
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/105227/hardlock-lag#latest
  • Devlin21
    8345 posts Member
    Best cards for all heroes and Starfighters?
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• hsf_
    1988 posts Member

Anything that increases turn rate
    Anything that increases fire power.
    Anything that gives health regeneration.

Something to consider though, it's becoming more and more likely that Starfighter will get no more updates. That's how it seems to me anyway. Personally I have given up on SA, there's been no content since D'Qar(a 3rd Falcon hardly counts...), this thread has seen no input from moderators, developers or community managers and the game breaking bugs that are in SA(Hardlock freeze for example), still have not been fixed.
    I myself, get the impression that the focus will be on things like Heroes, GA and the new large scale game mode.
  • UrbanGlitch
    3751 posts Member

Something to consider though, it's becoming more and more likely that Starfighter will get no more updates. That's how it seems to me anyway. Personally I have given up on SA, there's been no content since D'Qar(a 3rd Falcon hardly counts...), this thread has seen no input from moderators, developers or community managers and the game breaking bugs that are in SA(Hardlock freeze for example), still have not been fixed.
    I myself, get the impression that the focus will be on things like Heroes, GA and the new large scale game mode.

@F8RGE any input whatsoever???
  • hsf_
    1988 posts Member
    edited September 2018

@F8RGE any input whatsoever???

I'm not trying to put F8RGE down here at all, but he's been tagged numerous times in this thread. I doubt 1 more will provoke a response.
    Who knows, maybe DICE will surprise me and release a load of Clone Wars SA maps with a huge overhaul on the balance and bugs. I do carry that faint bit of hope, given how F8RGE stated in another thread that he can mostly be found in SA, when playing SWBF2.

Just to clarify my point, this thread has 605 posts, 10,000 views(basically mega-thread status), but not one moderator/developer/community manager post.

Edited for langauge. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • @F8RGE Bumping for the update on Lando/L3 Falcon fix re: losing skill points/lvl after SA HvV update. (XBONE/West Coast)
    0ipa8suqc6bf.jpg

Also bumping for the request to have the N1as an available starfighter in HvV SA and Arcade.
    auxxvzu97qjk.jpg
  • TheScape
    2324 posts Member

Sadly I believe you are right. I had high hopes for at least a The Maw map or the Nebulae map as part of Kessel for the Han Solo season. After seeing that all we got was Lando's Falcon and seeing how they are mostly focused on ground modes (unless the new Conquest one with cruisers includes flying) I have 0 faith on any new map for SA. Not even easy ones like atmospheric maps for Naboo or other planets.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • UrbanGlitch
    3751 posts Member

Sadly I believe you are right. I had high hopes for at least a The Maw map or the Nebulae map as part of Kessel for the Han Solo season. After seeing that all we got was Lando's Falcon and seeing how they are mostly focused on ground modes (unless the new Conquest one with cruisers includes flying) I have 0 faith on any new map for SA. Not even easy ones like atmospheric maps for Naboo or other planets.

I never actually thought of the new Conquest mode having Cruisers flying about, that’d be sick, makes sense as well when they hinted/said we’ll be fighting Capital Ships
  • hsf_
    1988 posts Member
    edited July 2018

I sincerely hope I'm wrong but the evidence is stacking up and it's very disappointing.
  • glkgss0xr9lk.jpg
  • Anyone think we might get 3 Actis Jedi Interceptors? Yoda, Obi Wan and Anakin.
    c84tbv556402.jpg

Nice mod for Vader's Eta2. (stolen by Yoda.)
    1juxtpgrp0t1.jpg

I'd rather see Obi Wan in the Delta 7 but doubt it will happen, maybe SWBF 19.
    dphykm3px1jx.png
    aav6zehigo9b.jpg
    o4u4hdtnfp9f.jpg

More opportunities to fly the N1 like Arcade and HvV SA.
    gndmf97n4vjb.jpg

B-wings anyone?
    6ertu3olsj9j.jpg
    3y14yinaihqf.jpeg
    lnmwptnyct3p.jpg

TIE Defender.
    6mdztxbdiadu.jpg
    89wrcjim1cmz.png
    qbs4n73a4h4s.png
  • I think that with the Eta-2’s, they could all be skins for the current Yoda one, including new voice lines to go with them.
    Definitely need Obi-Wans Delta 7.
    Not bothered about the N1.
    We need the B-Wing and TIE Defender as Starfighter Reinforcements
  • TheScape
    2324 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I think that with the Eta-2’s, they could all be skins for the current Yoda one, including new voice lines to go with them.

And we need a bomber for the ST. On 33% of the maps we don't even have access to one of the basic starfighter classes.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • Need more content.
  • LeftTurnus
    1099 posts Member
    So I went onto Starfighter for the first time in about 6 days.
    x7unr92nxtqv.png
    Nice balance... It actually started off 8v4 and that's how it finished. It was like that the entire game.

Video evidence too.

Definitely annoying.
    I will say this though. Was in a similar D'Qar match, 6 vs 4 though. I was on the 4 in my A-wing. The match went the entire distance (the AI fighters did most of the objective work for the First Order).
    I ended up with 98 kills and only 10 assists.
    On PS4 that is a crazy number for SA.
  • Yeah its pretty dead on xbox one too. Just played a game exactly like yours where i got 88 kills then the game fragged out and booted me. Was due another 20 odd kills aswell haha.

Still its dead and stale and they reall need to give it some attention.
  • @F8RGE Can we all please get some new starfighter assault maps and new hero ships, especially a ship for Anakin. And can you please bring back battle station.
  • I like SA, and its very balanced generally. more variety is needed in maps/mission and hero ships.

falcon and slave 1 need definite speed boosts. hero ships generally need more health or HOK.

remove the clutter, revenge, missile lock and ship circles. you need to keep the targetting circle or i agree people will leave.

totally agree with enforcer ships (variety).

for hero ships - who says they need to stick to the heroes in the game.

But if thats a concern at least add Bossk's houndstooth. if they brought back dengar you could have "punishing 1". the star wars universe is full of these things, all the back work is done.. the question is EA doesn't seem to want to invest/spend time/resources in SA.
  • Morgancarr wrote: »
    I like SA, and its very balanced generally. more variety is needed in maps/mission and hero ships.

falcon and slave 1 need definite speed boosts. hero ships generally need more health or HOK.

remove the clutter, revenge, missile lock and ship circles. you need to keep the targetting circle or i agree people will leave.

totally agree with enforcer ships (variety).

for hero ships - who says they need to stick to the heroes in the game.

But if thats a concern at least add Bossk's houndstooth. if they brought back dengar you could have "punishing 1". the star wars universe is full of these things, all the back work is done.. the question is EA doesn't seem to want to invest/spend time/resources in SA.

Agree with everything but the second line and kinda the third. They need to remove the revenge definitely, but just make the incoming missile lock smaller.
  • hsf_
    1988 posts Member
    Morgancarr wrote: »

Unfortunately for us, Criterion were the developers of SA and are no longer working on the project. We will only see reskinned stuff added to SA from now on. I don't expect any "new" maps to be added(Coruscant for example), they may add the campaign maps but that's clutching at straws.

The game mode has completed its development cycle imo.

• hsf_ wrote: »

Unfortunately for us, Criterion were the developers of SA and are no longer working on the project. We will only see reskinned stuff added to SA from now on. I don't expect any "new" maps to be added(Coruscant for example), they may add the campaign maps but that's clutching at straws.

I wonder if they would’ve left even if the game was successful
  • hsf_
    1988 posts Member

The game was successful, 10 million copies sold world wide.
  • hsf_ wrote: »

Wonder why they left then
  • I think that with the Eta-2’s, they could all be skins for the current Yoda one, including new voice lines to go with them.
    That all sounds good except the part about the N1. :# The N1 should be available in SA, SA HvV and arcade. I could be wrong but I believe all of the CW era starfighters are available in SA, SA HvV and arcade with the exception of the N1. Tired of only being able to have 1 opportunity to fly the N1 in a mode not even based on space combat. The ceiling height on Theed needs to be raised but I’m so sick of Naboo GA that I auto-quit when it shows up.
    I don’t know maybe if were lucky we will get another Falcon if DICE adds pancakes face. Yay.
    That all sounds good except the part about the N1. :# The N1 should be available in SA, SA HvV and arcade. I could be wrong but I believe all of the CW era starfighters are available in SA, SA HvV and arcade with the exception of the N1. Tired of only being able to have 1 opportunity to fly the N1 in a mode not even based on space combat. The ceiling height on Theed needs to be raised but I’m so sick of Naboo GA that I auto-quit when it shows up.
    I don’t know maybe if were lucky we will get another Falcon if DICE adds pancakes face. Yay.

I understand that and even though I wouldn’t use it, it should,be in SA HvV.
    If I see another Falcon, this game will be dead to me

Well considering we already saw hero variants of the A-wing, X-wing, and tie fighter then my next guess would be a hero bomber. lmao
  • duvelsuper wrote: »
    I think that with the Eta-2’s, they could all be skins for the current Yoda one, including new voice lines to go with them.

Well considering we already saw hero variants of the A-wing, X-wing, and tie fighter then my next guess would be a hero bomber. lmao

I didn’t mean as a hero ship
  • hsf_
    1988 posts Member

Wonder why they left then

We can only speculate, but I just assume their contracts ran out and Disney didn't renew it.
  • Bump for new SA content.
  • @F8RGE Will we be getting any new content for SA?
  • I really wish they would add at least a few more maps to SA. I would even take simple dogfight maps without any real objectives if that meant more maps for SA (if creating objectives for maps is too time consuming). They could add some maps from the campaign and modify them for MP&Arcade (e.g. Asteroid field map, Battle of Jakku, Naboo space battle, Takodana [though I would turn this into an Resistance vs FO battle like in TFA], etc.)
  • Id be ok with reused campaign content.... anything.
  • Same id be literally thankful for any more SFA content at this point
  • Same id be literally thankful for any more SFA content at this point

Ditto. Needs a breath of fresh air. I still play it a lot but it certainly feels stale.
  • Bumped.
  • Needs more content please. I’d be happy with some ported SWBF 15 FS maps at this point. DS trench run or some of the atmospheric battles like Bespin, Sullust and Hoth.

It would be nice to have some communication regarding the SA modes. Can we expect new hero starfighters with the release of the new heroes?

Thanks for listening to the community and creating the HvV SA mode so we can level up hero ships quicker although it needs some adjusting. Is DICE looking to tweak HvV SA so we can respawn as a hero ship instead of a regular starfighter? I think it would increase the playability of the mode to respawn as a hero ship and reduce the frequency of the “waiting for teams to be balanced” message as I’ve seen too many players quit once they lose their hero ship.

Can we expect any additional starfighters like much requested B-wings or TIE Defenders? These 2 ships were available as tokens in SWBF 15. Both the Y-wing and TIE Bomber, also tokens in SWBF 15, made it to this game so I’m hoping the same will hold true for the B-wing and TIE Defender. I believe both ships can be used across multiple eras but someone correct me if I’m mistaken please.

Understandably there is not much in terms of skin selection for starfighters but the Razor Squadron skin from the PT era looks great. Any chance of Squadron markings or TIE Elite designations for starfighters?

Most importantly to myself is the addition of new maps. Are there any plans to add any? There are some great suggestions on this thread and a few others for new maps.

I believe Ben commented on adding the N1 to arcade which will be good to have but there has not been much of anything else said for/about SA.

Flying SW starfighters is not the only reason I purchased this game but it was a significant reason for the purchase. As I’ve commented before, SA is far above SWBF15 and is probably the most balanced mode in the game, so well done on that front, but most of us would welcome any new content.

I’d guess I’d ask @F8RGE if there is any flight testing going on?
  • What about the campaign maps surely there must be some that can be used, even if it’s just for a death match.
  • More maps for SA, so desperately needed. Awesome mode but with so little content it grows stale too quickly.
  • DaxStorm wrote: »
    What about the campaign maps surely there must be some that can be used, even if it’s just for a death match.

Agreed.
  • I'd like some extended variants of the GA maps in SA. Like Kashyyyk and Naboo. Some possibilities are CAS and ground target objectives, close and intense dogfights. The tight map and ground would require skilled maneuvering and use of terrain for cover.
  • TheScape wrote: »
    DaxStorm wrote: »
    What about the campaign maps surely there must be some that can be used, even if it’s just for a death match.

Yeah, that would work. Even the atmospheric fight in Jakku with some capital ships could work. And there's a purely objective centric one (the one on Vardos I think it is?). I mean... Any map would do to break the monotony of playing the same 6 maps over and over...

I always wanted to fly around the buildings of Cloud City on Bespin. The FS map from SWBF 15 was too far away from the actual city. Yes to Vardos as well.
  • DaxStorm wrote: »

I wish we had the campaign version of the maps. More corvettes and capital ship combat.
  • FriedPizza773
    1183 posts Member
    edited October 2018

Yeah, that would work. Even the atmospheric fight in Jakku with some capital ships could work. And there's a purely objective centric one (the one on Vardos I think it is?). I mean... Any map would do to break the monotony of playing the same 6 maps over and over...

Yes! I would love a GA that takes place in the Battle of Jakku. Such a huge and iconic battle that I'd love to participate. They could try to reuse the Jakku map from campaign.

I remember back in BF2015 on Jakku when you look in the sky and see countless and countless of starfighters with lots of red and green lasers
    Post edited by FriedPizza773 on
    PSN: FriedPizza773
  • For some reason, the Squad Update did brought a new squad feature for gamemodes under the Assault category like GA and Strike, but SA is the only one of the three that was not included, which means you won't be able to spawn on top of one of your squad members (or wingmen) like you can in the other two gamemodes.

What's even worse is that now you can no longer spawn together with the others from a spawning area like it used to prior to the update. To me it now feels that the SA's quality has been reduced.

Was all this intentional? :confused:
    PSN: FriedPizza773
  • TheScape wrote: »

Yes! I would love a GA that takes place in the Battle of Jakku. Such a huge and iconic battle that I'd love to participate. They could try to reuse the Jakku map from campaign.

I remember back in BF2015 on Jakku when you loop in the sky and see countless and countless of starfighters with lots of red and green lasers

Yes good stuff from SWBF 15. Seeing that SD crash on Jakku was always great.
    The SA mode needs more maps.
  • Any word on if DICE is going to fix SA?

Loved all the new SA content listed in the roadmap by the way.
  • I
    Any word on if DICE is going to fix SA?

Is that a joke? What SA content. Unless I read wrong we get nothing
  • I

Is that a joke? What SA content. Unless I read wrong we get nothing

Obviously. There hasn't been any new content. The "new" ships were simply reskins of original ships. Iden was a modified Tie fighter. Talia was a modified A-wing. Lando was a modified Falcon. Poe was given a 4th ability.... But no actual content.

All they giving is the naboo starfighter but aren't even putting it in SA. And its not even new content. It exists in GA naboo map.
  • hsf_
    1988 posts Member

darth-vader-thumbs-up-star-wars-39851378-500-592.jpg