criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Error 721/770 - It's been almost a week now

ERROR 721/770

It's been a week now and I can't get around this issue. Tried restarting the game by closing it, turning off xbox and back on. I have tried EA's and other people's work arounds on EA answers to the bug and all have failed. DICE please address this.

Attempt 1
1. Try and connect.
2. If your game freezes or you get a message saying you can’t connect, go to your home screen and select an APP NOT GAME.
3. Wait about 30 seconds to give the game time to think then return. It should unfreeze and allow you to connect from there.

Attempt 2
Launch the game, the game will be in offline mode
Press the right stick to reconnect online. The game might be frozen for a bit, but the loading symbol will still move. Wait until the game becomes responsive again.
The game might display error 721. Discard the message.
Press the right stick again, the game should now connect online.

Attempt 3
Start up the game
Scroll to the right until you’re at “collection” then try to connect.
Might take 2 tries to work
You can play online again

I'm out of ideas at this point. Even people have said re-installs doesn't work.

Replies

• As of today, for me anyway, I've been thrown out of a game back to the Xbox main screen....
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber
  • As of today, for me anyway, I've been thrown out of a game back to the Xbox main screen....

I have yet to play since the update
  • Same problems. Haven't been able to play the game since the update. If this week's hotfix doesn't fix the issue, I'm not gonna be happy.

Arcade mode needs 20v20 and starfighter battles for Battlefront II!!!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • IIPrest0nII
    4123 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Hi all,

EA is aware and currently working on a fix. Here is a dedicated thread on EA Answers HQ forums: Xbox connection issue: error 721
    This is a known issue that we are currently working on solving, no ETA currently.

The following workaround has been reported to work for various players and for us.

Try the following troubleshooting:

Press the right stick to reconnect online. The game might be frozen for a bit, but the loading symbol will still move. Wait until the game becomes responsive again.
    OR

This was suggested by: @DYSPROssium

Start up the game
    I will keep this topic updated for any news surrounding this issue.

Thank you for your patience.

Feel free to check the thread from time to time since they update the information and status there.

Thanks!
    SWBF Forums Senior Moderator/ Check out the forum rules & guidelines
  • Hi all,

EA is aware and currently working on a fix. Here is a dedicated thread on EA Answers HQ forums: Xbox connection issue: error 721
    This is a known issue that we are currently working on solving, no ETA currently.

The following workaround has been reported to work for various players and for us.

Try the following troubleshooting:

OR

This was suggested by: @DYSPROssium

Start up the game
    I will keep this topic updated for any news surrounding this issue.

Thank you for your patience.

Feel free to check the thread from time to time since they update the information and status there.

Thanks!

ya this is the article i saw. i already had tried both methods as well as others suggested.
  • They dont care anymore at this point its disgusting.
  • IIPrest0nII
    4123 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Well, as Ben said they are still working on a fix.
    We're still working on a fix, we can't release one until we have it locked down. We've made progress on it, and the team continues to focus on it.

Once we make a decision to do a hotfix, we have a very short window of opportunity to get a fix into the build, talking 24hours, 48hours at best. After that, the build has to get locked down, sent to QA for testing, then into submission.

Unfortunately, during this window we were unable to get a fix for the Xbox issue in there.

Source: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/comment/1220861/#Comment_1220861
    SWBF Forums Senior Moderator/ Check out the forum rules & guidelines
  • bro you dont want to play anymore. This whole game has been ruined because of these reductions. Like RUINED. Im like done playing. The new spawn feature was dumb and unless and hurt the gameplay a little bit but it was tolerable but this........ this reduction thing is SO BAD that I created an account just to complain. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING
  • bro you dont want to play anymore. This whole game has been ruined because of these reductions. Like RUINED. Im like done playing. The new spawn feature was dumb and unless and hurt the gameplay a little bit but it was tolerable but this........ this reduction thing is SO BAD that I created an account just to complain. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING

I'd like to play to see how the new spawn feature works at least. its been more than a week now waiting for an update to come to fix this.
  • I can finally get on after hot fix, thank god. but now i get on and its sooooo bad with balance issues. None of my weapons kill really. its like im shooting marshmallow rounds at people. i throw officer flash nades and palpy can still see me. I get Lando, i throw stun nade, not 1 person tazed. I use the ability to lock on to multiple people and shoot with Lando, not 1 person took damage even though i locked on to several. And one player, well known for being so OP in a starfighter in GA that people will quit when they see that player, is just shooting me through buildings. I know this player since the launch of battlefront 2 and I keep running into him and quit when i see him on the other team he will literally spawn kill you every match if you get in a vehicle. Even a video where I was messing with a plapy wall exploiter back in the day, he was on my team and spawn killing the exploiter too and is in my Youtube videos. That guy is now even more powerful now in an interceptor. All his shots now have like a 5 yard blast radius. Everything is so broken. really the fact I through a flash nade and that should of either A) Palpy tries to fall back or B) stand there and get shot to death. but now he just turns to me after I get the hit marker and zaps me in a second. What happened to the balance and working gameplay before the new spawn update? I'm shooting blanks at this point. My abilities are not working. The spawn system dont see any issues that are huge, other than i cant change characters if i decide to change my mind and want to go back and choose something different the B button doesn't respond sometimes.