criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Why Heroes Unleashed should be permanent

Prev1
Zyder
374 posts Member
I have played this game since January and I have never had such a good time playing until Heroes Unleashed arrived. This has changed the battlefield a lot, is more dynamic, matches doesn't end in 5 minutes, more people uses vehicles...

You have to ask yourself: Why do we play Galactic Assault??

Of course is the main gamemode of the game and represents what wars in Star Wars are like (maybe a bit repetitive because you have to do the same thing in the same map: hacking the clone archive in Kamino and then taking the outside platforms... i.e).

But...

I think despite from being the main gamemode, people play it for BEING ABLE TO CHOOSE HEROES in order to wipe out other player troopers. This, in my opinion, is why people want more content in Arcade, because they want to destroy tons of troopers and rebels and with the actual system in GA they can't enough.

Now with this event, everyone can be a Hero. There is no problem with that. All players, good or bad, can play as Heroes. They can last quickly or survive long enough. But all people can use them and have fun.

Also I have noticed more vehicles in game. That's good. AT-RT was gargabe, first due to his price, but now people don't mind because they can reach the required point for getting a Hero easily. Even Endor bikes and other stuff. I used to save money for getting the Heroes, but it was awful when you got killed some times so quickly and then you lost all your points. That's not funny.

This event makes the game funnier, you can spend your battlepoints in whatever you want now, even Heroes. Maybe, if this gets implemented I would go up in price a little bit, maybe 1500 for the cheapers.

And with the new large-scale mode, I would prefer that to be only troopers and reinforcements in order to be different from Galactic Assault, and will make that more Star Wars related (or at least one heroe per side).

If this event doesn't get permanent, at least make it more often. But this has brought many of my friends to return to play Battlefront II, a game where I still have hope.

What do you think about it?

Replies

• It should be permanent so I finally have a good reason to uninstall the game and free up 70gb of space.
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • Zyder
    374 posts Member
    I don't have problems to get points for Heroes, but I wanna play them more often. Maybe, insted of 8 per side could be 5 or 6.
  • I play GA because I like to play as a trooper. I played last night and had multiple chances to get a hero and didn't bother. Heroes just don't do anything for me. I find regular troopers a whole lot more fun to play but I do appreciate the extra heroes on the map to kill.

Keep it or nerf it - I don't care.
    Somewhere between "the sky is falling" and "everything is awesome" lies the truth.
  • I agree with the OP, but make it a separate mode. That way, standard GA won't be affected. This could be called Hero Assault or something. The thing that's great about it is that people aren't afraid to die as a hero. People actually play the objective. And it offers new metas that were otherwise unavailable before, bringing in new life to the game. Before, say on Kashyyyk, if you didn't have Bossk or Palpatine to damage the campers inside the tanks, it would be much harder to deal with them. Especially for any other blaster villain. And with the health stacking of Officers, Yoda, Finn, and WWs, it would be near impossible to break that line of defense. Now, though, you have 3 other possible heroes, which can allow for the other two to safely pressure the tanks as well as get Vader or Maul to go in and deal some damage. While the gas is going, they won't be able to heal, and once the 2 sabers push in, Bossk can set his mines up in a better spot in there, which forces the enemy to give up even more ground. Use Predator Instincts and shoot them grenades into the confined areas for maximum damage.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • I hope the DICE makes this a permanent mode and increases the available vehicles and star fighters. Need more AT-ST’s and T-47’s. Move Heroes Unleashed to the HvV section and then dump GA and replace it with a large mode without the heroes like we had in SWBF 15.
    #StarWars-y
  • I hope the DICE makes this a permanent mode and increases the available vehicles and star fighters. Need more AT-ST’s and T-47’s. Move Heroes Unleashed to the HvV section and then dump GA and replace it with a large mode without the heroes like we had in SWBF 15.

They're not thank goodness
  • Defbored
    1245 posts Member
    It's fun. But definitely not something that should be permanent.
    I haven't seen a single game finish. The defenders always win.
  • I'm loving it

but i'll like it to be a Monthly Event instead of permanent

and increase the Ticket Counts

Bring on 12 vs 12 Heroes Unleashed in 2019 :o
  • The maps and objectives cant support that many heros/villans. Though It has been fun
    Need my scanner fixed please
  • Defbored wrote: »
    It's fun. But definitely not something that should be permanent.
    I haven't seen a single game finish. The defenders always win.

Different experience here. I have successfully escaped the Deathstar twice, captured Kashyyyk twice, inflitrated Tatooine, escaped Starkiller Base, inflitrated Hoth, and secured Endor at least once as the attacker. All since Heroes Unleashed was... unleashed. Defender may have an edge, but it's certainly not a lost cause to attack.
  • I've really enjoyed the way it's changed how the game is played. I've seen many close games and the games in general feel more intense and epic. I know they won't keep it this way, but I would much rather play this version of GA than what we've had this past year.
  • Then we need better maps that have less chokepoints and more flanks because now almost all games end in the first wave if both teams are at equal skill level
  • Then we need better maps that have less chokepoints and more flanks because now almost all games end in the first wave if both teams are at equal skill level

There are multiple threads about this being an issue prior to Heroes Unleashed. I never consistently saw a problem then, and I don't see it now.
  • A lot of fun for sure!
  • No it should not. As soon as I saw this was happening I refused to play at all.
  • I'm all for having this event once or twice a month for a weekend - it's a little too much madness for me to have every day
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    Yanks28th wrote: »
    I'm all for having this event once or twice a month for a weekend - it's a little too much madness for me to have every day

Completely agree. I'm quite enjoying it, it's fast and chaotic and offers a different experience, but I wouldn't want it all the time. Every now and then though, that'd be fine IMO.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • The only people who want this to stay are people who can't get heros regularly

I am often the first to get a hero every match and I want this mode to stay.
  • I like it, it's a bit chaotic, but it's cool.
    Changes the place and play of GA, mixes it up which is great.

I wouldn't mind seeing it a regular monthly weekend event - not a all time permanent thing.

Also how about an infantry only (no heroes or enforcers) type weekend event?

I'm all for anything that mixes things up, changes the place and keeps things fresh.
  • Nope.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    du2UASv.gif
  • Yes. I’ve won and lost as both attacker and defender. It’s the squad spawn that’s made attacking a little tougher, which I like. Less steamrolls. This is just right on the heels of that.
  • I 100% disagree. Heroes should always be the bonus, not the feature. They should be a reward for playing well, for getting points by playing the objective, helping your team, and getting kills. This event feels like a way to satisfy and entice players who like the F2P battle royale games like Fortnite because it's just as crazy and chaotic and if you like it because it feels like a battle royale game, that's fine for you, but it ultimately ruins what is meant to be a mode that is objective and infantry focussed.
    It's strange to see so many people praise this event despite the fact that it actually enhances 2 major problems people have had with this franchise; not playing the objective and getting wrecked by heroes. By making the heroes so cheap to obtain, this has become the main goal of every player to the detriment of actually completing the objective and trying to win the match. Playing as an infantry is utterly useless because you're getting cut down at far greater frequency than usual, a problem that many complained about in the last game with the multi-hero glitch, but also with regular single-hero spawns because they were so much stronger in that game and some players could get devastatingly high kill streaks.
    If this is acting as a preview of the large game mode coming in February, fine, but don't give the mode objectives. Just make it a bat**** crazy battle royale mode and keep this kind of thing out of Galactic Assault. At the end of the day, this is supposed to be a shooter game with it's main emphasis on infantry gameplay. A developer could easily make a Star Wars shooter game without heroes at all and people would be totally fine with it provided that such a game had a solid base of good, infantry focussed gameplay, in addition to lot of good maps, plenty of weapon choices, deep customisation options, and other features. So just because this game doesn't have this but does have heroes doesn't mean we need to make it all about them when there is so much that can be done to make infantry gameplay better.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • Zyder wrote: »

You have to ask yourself: Why do we play Galactic Assault??

I think despite from being the main gamemode, people play it for BEING ABLE TO CHOOSE HEROES in order to wipe out other player troopers. This, in my opinion, is why people want more content in Arcade, because they want to destroy tons of troopers and rebels and with the actual system in GA they can't enough.

Now with this event, everyone can be a Hero. There is no problem with that. All players, good or bad, can play as Heroes. They can last quickly or survive long enough. But all people can use them and have fun.

What do you think about it?

there are two types of players: competitive players and trollplayers.
    you seem to be of the second kind.

i never played this game to wipe out other player troopers as the main purpose. i played this game, because it has star wars skins and some sort of a tactical gameplay i would have never bought such **** that heros unleashed represents.

i am very sure that if players would have had the choice to play the real ga mode, only a few who normally play hvv would have played heros unleashed.

• Hope they make hero unlesh permanent but get rid of the ship I hate straffers
  • Mariobot21 wrote: »
    Hope they make hero unlesh permanent but get rid of the ship I hate straffers

Nah. It adds to the charm. It contributes to the chaos. Keep the vehicles. A less skilled team that knows how to use vehicles can make a round destined to be a landslide closer than it should be. I think that's compelling. It does suck getting straffed though. But it's arguably more frustrating to randomly get frozen by Lando's disabler.
  • I can get heroes regularly with no problems and I’d like it to stay. Make it a permanent mode and add more vehicles and star fighters available.

same.

Make it a permanent mode and add more vehicles and all hero star fighters available.

There I fixed it for you.

TY.
    #StarWars-y
  • Yesterday I played GA along with a friend who is just an average skill player, he was rejoicing he finally had the chance to use heroes in GA, I remember the issues in Supremacy maps back in Batthefront 1 when noobs randomly got the hero chip and wasted it by not doing anything or dying too quick or not playing objective at all. In my case I have no issues in GA with heroes simply because I never use them, still finish consistenly top 3 by using infantry only. That’s the reason why got invitations from clan members to join their clains despite the fact I play Blast and HvV mostly, rarely play GA.
    In my friends case, he is now motivated to play GA several hours a day, hero unleashed gives the opportunity to average/mediocre player to finally enjoy GA. Remember The DH-17 weapon in Battlefront 1? We asked Devs multiply times to nerf/remove that weapon thru forums, wanna know the answer? Devs refused to nerf it because noobs and kids loved it, being told also they need to support the “regular” fan base as well, this was not a game just for elite/clan members, I hated the answer but finally understood the logic behind this, after all those noobs/rookies also paid for this game. Just my 2 cents here.
  • I'm having a TON of fun and I play GA exclusively and get heros basically every game in the first phase outside this event. I think monthly event would be great.

I personally play GA to play a match that actually takes a while. I don't like short, fast pace game modes. Being able to get a hero with 20 targets on the enemy team is a bonus 😁
  • I find it weird that people are playing this mode and coming to the conclusion that nobody is playing the objective and the defenders always win.

I literally played all of Friday and Saturday and felt that there was FAR MORE objective play than normal. And that playing as a trooper was fine because mostly heroes were fighting each other.

Also the difficulty for the attackers felt about the same. I have seen an attacking team win on every map. In fact, some objectives like the 2nd on kashyyyk feel easier to take because heroes seem to be working together more. It’s hard to hold an objective when 8 heroes charge into it.

I love the mode and hope it stays in some form. Or at least comes back every few weeks. I played so many heroes I don’t normally play in ways I don’t normally play them. It really freshened up the game for me.
  • I find it weird that people are playing this mode and coming to the conclusion that nobody is playing the objective and the defenders always win.

I literally played all of Friday and Saturday and felt that there was FAR MORE objective play than normal. And that playing as a trooper was fine because mostly heroes were fighting each other.

Also the difficulty for the attackers felt about the same. I have seen an attacking team win on every map. In fact, some objectives like the 2nd on kashyyyk feel easier to take because heroes seem to be working together more. It’s hard to hold an objective when 8 heroes charge into it.

I love the mode and hope it stays in some form. Or at least comes back every few weeks. I played so many heroes I don’t normally play in ways I don’t normally play them. It really freshened up the game for me.

Yes. This was my experience also.
  • Yeldarb wrote: »
    Normal Ga is trash atleast in unleashed you get to have some fun and use a hero. After the event ends Ga is dead to me again its not fun.

You get to use a Hero in GA too. It's called improving yourself to the point you become among the first to spawn in as them. Also, never underestimate how far you can go if you support a hero either. Bossk will break his whole opposing team with a few good Recharge Commands. Start thinking with more cold logic, and less with the "Meh, I have no lightsaber T_T" that it comes across as.

Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"

Yes. This was my experience also.

Mine as well
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    Yeldarb wrote: »
    Normal Ga is trash atleast in unleashed you get to have some fun and use a hero. After the event ends Ga is dead to me again its not fun.

You get to use a Hero in GA too. It's called improving yourself to the point you become among the first to spawn in as them. Also, never underestimate how far you can go if you support a hero either. Bossk will break his whole opposing team with a few good Recharge Commands. Start thinking with more cold logic, and less with the "Meh, I have no lightsaber T_T" that it comes across as.

This is way more fun. From someone who is a hero in normal Galactic Assault 1-4 times per round, I gotta say I haven't had this much fun since launch. I'm also leveling up heroes faster than in HvV and becoming more skilled with all of them.
    Yeldarb wrote: »

This is way more fun. From someone who is a hero in normal Galactic Assault 1-4 times per round, I gotta say I haven't had this much fun since launch. I'm also leveling up heroes faster than in HvV and becoming more skilled with all of them.

Can't deny that one. Although I prefer Showdown over HvV when I need to level something. Great for practice too!

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

• It's so strange to me that Heroes Unleashed hasn't been unleashed sooner. This mode absolutely should be permanent and honestly I believe it should replace our current HvV mode. Have the 4v4 HvV mode a temporary mode that pops up once a month. Heck, I may even play it from time to time. But this mode is so much fun. Like someone mentioned earlier about a casual friend enjoying it so much. I actually just experienced the same thing. A buddy of mine who played hundreds of hours with me in BF15, never could really get into this game. He tried. But his casual skill was emphasized and he just couldn't get a hero or have enough fun to stick around. I even taught him the Officer build to help him get heroes faster, but his hero would get melted anyway. He quit playing months ago. Fast forward to today and he was cackling and laughing for 3 rounds straight. Told me if this mode stayed he would be playing all the time.

TL:DR - This mode will bring back a ton of players that have left.
  • It's so strange to me that Heroes Unleashed hasn't been unleashed sooner. This mode absolutely should be permanent and honestly I believe it should replace our current HvV mode. Have the 4v4 HvV mode a temporary mode that pops up once a month. Heck, I may even play it from time to time. But this mode is so much fun. Like someone mentioned earlier about a casual friend enjoying it so much. I actually just experienced the same thing. A buddy of mine who played hundreds of hours with me in BF15, never could really get into this game. He tried. But his casual skill was emphasized and he just couldn't get a hero or have enough fun to stick around. I even taught him the Officer build to help him get heroes faster, but his hero would get melted anyway. He quit playing months ago. Fast forward to today and he was cackling and laughing for 3 rounds straight. Told me if this mode stayed he would be playing all the time.

Which officer build? The Presence, Command, Bounty hunter one? Or the Recharge, Resourceful, Defuser one?

I personally think the latter wins in point generation. doubly so if people stick together.

As for the mode itself, I'm part of the "We can do this each month for an odd weekend" group. I feel GA should stay at the "Work for your reward, and then try use that reward to gain an edge." thing it has going for it atm. Or atleast the theory behind it.

y6qvidach2x9.png

It's so strange to me that Heroes Unleashed hasn't been unleashed sooner. This mode absolutely should be permanent and honestly I believe it should replace our current HvV mode. Have the 4v4 HvV mode a temporary mode that pops up once a month. Heck, I may even play it from time to time. But this mode is so much fun. Like someone mentioned earlier about a casual friend enjoying it so much. I actually just experienced the same thing. A buddy of mine who played hundreds of hours with me in BF15, never could really get into this game. He tried. But his casual skill was emphasized and he just couldn't get a hero or have enough fun to stick around. I even taught him the Officer build to help him get heroes faster, but his hero would get melted anyway. He quit playing months ago. Fast forward to today and he was cackling and laughing for 3 rounds straight. Told me if this mode stayed he would be playing all the time.

Which officer build? The Presence, Command, Bounty hunter one? Or the Recharge, Resourceful, Defuser one?

I personally think the latter wins in point generation. doubly so if people stick together.

As for the mode itself, I'm part of the "We can do this each month for an odd weekend" group. I feel GA should stay at the "Work for your reward, and then try use that reward to gain an edge." thing it has going for it atm. Or atleast the theory behind it.

Presence/Recharge/Bounty is the fastest BP generator.
    It's so strange to me that Heroes Unleashed hasn't been unleashed sooner. This mode absolutely should be permanent and honestly I believe it should replace our current HvV mode. Have the 4v4 HvV mode a temporary mode that pops up once a month. Heck, I may even play it from time to time. But this mode is so much fun. Like someone mentioned earlier about a casual friend enjoying it so much. I actually just experienced the same thing. A buddy of mine who played hundreds of hours with me in BF15, never could really get into this game. He tried. But his casual skill was emphasized and he just couldn't get a hero or have enough fun to stick around. I even taught him the Officer build to help him get heroes faster, but his hero would get melted anyway. He quit playing months ago. Fast forward to today and he was cackling and laughing for 3 rounds straight. Told me if this mode stayed he would be playing all the time.

Used that one for the longest time. Then I opted for a higher command ratio, since Presence nerfs. Bounty is "only 20%", so I felt the increased ratio from Resourceful would trump it there too.

So far, it seems to work well. I find my odds of scoring assists, or and the rate at which I can Recharge my teammates builds up my points faster than it otherwise would. Defuser for Teamplay score whenever some **** thinks it's a good idea to lob flash after flash into a chokepoint. 600 points from Barrage ALONE if you use Defuser. (Though the minigrenades don't actually get defused. Look into this @Devs)

y6qvidach2x9.png

KresusFIN wrote: »

Used that one for the longest time. Then I opted for a higher command ratio, since Presence nerfs. Bounty is "only 20%", so I felt the increased ratio from Resourceful would trump it there too.

So far, it seems to work well. I find my odds of scoring assists, or and the rate at which I can Recharge my teammates builds up my points faster than it otherwise would. Defuser for Teamplay score whenever some **** thinks it's a good idea to lob flash after flash into a chokepoint. 600 points from Barrage ALONE if you use Defuser. (Though the minigrenades don't actually get defused. Look into this @Devs)

Interesting. I’m going to try this, if I can peel myself away from Assault.

So you get the BP for Barrage but it doesn’t diffuse? Hmm..