criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Wish List (Battlefront 3)

Darksideuser337
11 posts Member
edited October 2018
All Current & Coming Battlefront 2 Content

Ashoka & Ventress (Jedi Temple Map)

Jyn & Krennic (Scarif Maps Remaster)

Padme & Jango (Mustafar Map)

Maz and Thrawn (Batu Map)

Poe & Hux (Supremacy Map)

Greedo & Nein Numb (Bespin & Sullust Maps Remaster)

Mace Windu & Savage Oppress (Felusia Map)

Rex & Cad Bane (Mygeeto Map)

Dengar & Shriv (Deathstar 1.0 Maps Remaster - Trench Run)

Rose & DJ (Canto Bight Map)

Qui Gon & Tarkin (Utapao Map)
Post edited by Darksideuser337 on

Replies

• If they support this game until 2021, is be shocked. I'd be shocked if they did support this game continually through 2019 and not just the beginning of the year.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Are you for real?

I don't see the game have new content released after February 2019...

Maybe until Christmas 2019 (for Episode IX) the latest... if we are lucky.
  • Darth_Vapor3
    3741 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I suspect they’ll continue to support this game through Episode IX, and then a little beyond. My main want at this point is Mace Windu.
  • BrushedBrass2
    540 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I suspect they’ll continue to support this game through Episode IX, and then a little beyond. My main want at this point is Mace Windu.

Yeah maybe they will add some Episode IX stuff but probably just a map, doubt there will be any notable new characters, and old Lando skin I guess.

• I suspect they’ll continue to support this game through Episode IX, and then a little beyond. My main want at this point is Mace Windu.

Yeah maybe they will add some Episode IX stuff but probably just a map, doubt there will be any notable new characters, and old Lando skin I guess.

We’ll see. I have a hunch that it’s not just ending in February.
  • Mariobot21
    265 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I would switch May 2020 to captain Rex and cad bane but I hope we captain Rex in 2019 if this game continues but if dose then I captain Rex comes in 2019 if not then may of 2020
  • Stat page?
  • I'm going to make a prediction.... silence... wait for it...
    In January of 2022 thousands of SW fans and gamers will be talking about their hate for EA, Disney, and lack of in-game DLC content; a new Battlefied game will release (BF XI - Dawn of the End and Forever); Nvidia and Xbox will join forces to completely destroy the casual gamer's savings account; the sky will turn blue again?
    To Be Continued...
  • Cadoth
    1058 posts Member
    If they are going to support this game until 2021 there are going to be so many bugs that our PC and consoles would explode
  • I'm Still Hoping To See Rogue One Content With Shore Trooper Skins
  • What makes you think Thrawn or Batuu will be in 9? Also, personal preference, but i'd rather put Hera with thrawn in a rebels themed content drop
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • Troll?
  • Troll?
    VaperEyes wrote: »
    I'm going to make a prediction.... silence... wait for it...
    In January of 2022 thousands of SW fans and gamers will be talking about their hate for EA, Disney, and lack of in-game DLC content; a new Battlefied game will release (BF XI - Dawn of the End and Forever); Nvidia and Xbox will join forces to completely destroy the casual gamer's savings account; the sky will turn blue again?
    To Be Continued...

A dark prediction but it's probably true lol.
  • I just want Ashoka, ventress, padme, jango, sentinel Class, mustafar and coruscant and I will be one happy customer.
  • Cadoth
    1058 posts Member
    I just want Ashoka, ventress, padme, jango, sentinel Class, mustafar and coruscant and I will be one happy customer.

Ashoka and Ventress are the only two new heroes after Anakin and Dooku that would make me happy
  • No one cares for Mace Windu?
    Perosnally I prefer him over any of the ones you mention, Ahsoka doesn't even appear in the movies, it doesn't mean I dislike her.
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    1077 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I won't buy a Battlefront 3 neither Battlefield V.

1bfioawlu399.png
  • My wish for a Battlefront 3 is to NOT be made by DICE. Fool me twice....
  • All Current & Coming Battlefront 2 Content

Ashoka & Ventress (Jedi Temple Map)

Jyn & Krennic (Scarif Maps Remaster)

Padme & Jango (Mustafar Map)

Maz and Thrawn (Batu Map)

Poe & Hux (Supremacy Map)

Greedo & Nein Numb (Bespin & Sullust Maps Remaster)

Mace Windu & Savage Oppress (Felusia Map)

Rex & Cad Bane (Mygeeto Map)

Dengar & Shriv (Deathstar 1.0 Maps Remaster - Trench Run)

Rose & DJ (Canto Bight Map)

Qui Gon & Tarkin (Utapao Map)

Good god, no! Whilst I'm not personally against all these ideas and suggestions, in general (They could all still technically happen in BF II).. Having EA/DICE do another Battlefront SHOULD CERTAINLY NOT happen! After what they've done with Battlefront (2015) and Battlefront II (2017), they don't deserve a 3rd chance. They've *curse-word*-it up twice, why in gods name should they deserve or a get a 3rd opportunity to try again?! Only for them to end up **curse-word** it up, again..

Realistically, I can only see another 2 STAR WARS games being released by EA, at the most, before the licence expires or is stripped from them. RESPAWN Entertainment's "Jedi: Fallen Order" (which COULD, potentially be their strongest game, to date, if EA keep their micro-transaction mits off it). Personally, I see that as the only major console game that they'll release, before the licence expires (how ironic.. Jedi: "FALLEN ORDER". The pun is in the title). Then there's the game that was taken away from Visceral and is now being done by EA Vancouver (or something or other).

I think they'll continue to support Battlefront II, for as long as possible. Until they've delivered us the full experience they've promised us. Anything less just wouldn't be good or acceptable enough.

They know that they've done wrong and I do believe they are trying to do all they can to fix it. But it's unfathomable to think of a Battlefront III, being done by EA/DICE and literally no one would buy it, anyway.. Because of the extremely sour taste left in mouth, by Battlefront II.
  • Llunots wrote: »
    No one cares for Mace Windu?
    Perosnally I prefer him over any of the ones you mention, Ahsoka doesn't even appear in the movies, it doesn't mean I dislike her.

Yes mace windo plus Savage Opress would be hype
  • Would anyone be willing to pay full price for Battlefront 3? Let alone the deluxe editions?
    Just curious.
    Personally I think this game has fun moments and it is Star Wars so I'd definitely buy a used copy off E-Bay but that's about it.
  • Would anyone be willing to pay full price for Battlefront 3? Let alone the deluxe editions?
    Just curious.
    Personally I think this game has fun moments and it is Star Wars so I'd definitely buy a used copy off E-Bay but that's about it.

This game is already good so why not make it great. We don’t need a battlefront 3.
    Just curious.

This game is already good so why not make it great. We don’t need a battlefront 3.

Be great if they did, maybe if they ever get cosmetics up and running BF2 would generate enough money to justify further investment in EA's eyes.
    But the fact that a year in there still isn't anything, combined with a declining player base, probably means that EA's written this game off as a loss.
    I'd love it if I was wrong though
  • Just had the idea from another post.
    If EA aren't going to further invest in BF2 and BF3 seems like too much of a financial risk, what if they remastered Battlefront 2 2005?
    Keep the legendary core gameplay but give everything a modern upgrade? It's a game that's had proven critical and commercial success so it would be a slam dunk for them.
    Would it generate interest? Or is it better left in the past?
  • BoothStick
    625 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I'm not sure they can remaster the old Battlefront 2 2005 since they dont own it. I'm pretty sure it's still a Pandemic and/or Savage I.P.

As for willing to invest more money. I can see EA Financial extremely apprehensive dropping a truck ton of money in SWBF franchise. I read an article this past winter on "Top 10 Most Expensive Games Ever Developed" ... and SWBF2 was right there at #3 @$253 Million. It's the most expensive game EA has ever produced. It may have made its money back by now, but the Net-Profit has clearly under shot their projections. #1 on the list was GTA V and that is the most profitable piece of entertainment media ... Ever! That includes Movies, TV, anything that is entertainment. EA was probably shooting for that type of profit.

The EA Financial peeps that live in Excel will probably protest sinking more money at another attempt similar to the 2 current SWBF 's that EA has tried.
  • Netero
    125 posts Member
    The priority in my wish list is a new publisher.
  • Netero wrote: »
    The priority in my wish list is a new publisher.

@Netero I'd be willing to meet them halfway. If DICE/LA takes a stab at another Battlefront , but I'm done with DICE/Sweden developing a Star Wars IP Game. DICE/LA HQ is a in the same city as ABC/Disney HQ and a short car ride away. It's also a short plane flight to StarWars/LucasFilm HQ in San Francisco. Be better communication between the two. That's why I'm hopeful for the Star Wars RESPAWN game. Their development HQ is in Los Angeles also.

However, if the rumors are true and DICE/LA is working hard at Battlefield: Bad Company 3.... keep coding DICE/LA missing the boys from Bravo Company
  • Zyder
    374 posts Member
    Wish list: Battlefront III not happening. Not gonna buy that game, unless it has a canon story and is less than 5 bucks.
  • DCDT
    152 posts Member
    - Jedi / Sith War as 4th canon era including Darth Bane.
    - Cross-era battles
    - Legends characters, eras, battles and factions
    - Legends vc canon battles
  • Wishlist: Add more content to BF2 in 2019 (after current roadmap is done) before start working on BF3. Thank you.
  • DCDT
    152 posts Member
    forgot one: neutral heroes, that can be recruited by both sides.