criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Focused Feedback: Battle Point Event - Heroes Unleashed

Replies

• ResistanceRodian
    478 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Deleted
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    I voted 'please make more like it' - idk if people have seen it but I've made a thread with some ideas for future events similar to Heroes Unleashed. How would people feel about a weekend where you could only use the base weapons? I think it'd be pretty interesting tbh.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • Dash
    11645 posts Member
    DrX2345 wrote: »
    I voted 'please make more like it' - idk if people have seen it but I've made a thread with some ideas for future events similar to Heroes Unleashed. How would people feel about a weekend where you could only use the base weapons? I think it'd be pretty interesting tbh.

I’d be down for that 100%. <3 me some E-11 fun! :sunglasses:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• JackTHorn
    3743 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Why are you guys so bad at making polls?? You didn't include anything to distinguish between those who want GA to stay like this, and those who want the mode to stay but be a separate thing.

You did the same thing with that first poll way back last November, when you only gave the options A.) "Cross-era Heroes", or B.) "No Cross-era Heroes". Which came out 60% for CEH, 40% against. But when someone with a clue made a poll that included an option for C.) "Cross-Era Heroes Only In Hero Modes", the result was an overwhelming 75% for option C, with only 10% wanting Cross-Era Heroes in everything, like it is now.

For want of a horseshoe, a horse was lost...
    Post edited by JackTHorn on
  • Devlin21 wrote: »
    Also, a fun idea. Do a trooper only GA anf get feedback about that and maybe give us an infantry only gamemode?

YES! YES! YES! Get those heroes off to their own realm entirely. All trooper-only battles would be THE BEST EVER SCENARIO!
  • Omniscient wrote: »
    Draco_RSA wrote: »
    Worst.Event.Ever.

Why?

1.) it was forced on those who like to play GA as it is - no choice either play it or don't
    2.) Officers battlepoint gain has still not been addressed
    3.) People sitting in the lobby to grab a hero and not actually playing
    4.) Most of the time heroes did not play objectives
    5.) Absolutely no balance
    6.) Heroes should be earned, not given away

Obviously, there are going to be those whom did not enjoy the event. However, going through your list, numbers 2-5 have nothing to do with the event itself; they are just different complaints that have been debated for many months.

errr...they are definitely related as it was even worse during the event.
  • Han_Spinel wrote: »
    A violent ballet occurred this weekend in GA, and I've never been more happy in a tutu, errr..... Dare I say:
    GA has NEVER felt more like STAR WARS than during the Heroes Unleashed Event.
    • Playing Infantry Classes was more fun.
    • Playing Enforcers was more fun.
    • Playing Heroes was SO. MUCH. MORE. FUN.
    • Highlight Recap Reel:

Pros
    [*]I played with someone this weekend that had, quite literally, NEVER played as a Hero in GA. They were able to on multiple occasions and it was really fun to see them having fun as a Hero.
    [*]The amount of time you can potentially play as a Hero was extremely gratifying. It also allowed those looking to level up and gain XP a chance to do so. Please incorporate more opportunities to level-up and gain XP!
    [*]It felt more balanced than ever before. It wasn't just one or two skillful Heroes throwing the match: e.g., Bossk & I (Kylo Ren) were absolutely tearing it up Phase 1 on Crait this weekend. That is until we walked into the wrong tunnel nearing the end of the Phase, which housed Lando, Chewbacca, Leia, Luke, and Finn - we were toast. Was I upset? No, it was hilariously amazing and a literal scream out loud surprise attack lol. We then proceeded to have the most insane and chaotic 20min overtime session on Phase 2. We lost on Phase 3, and I was still happy in my tutu.
    [*]I felt like the amount of Hero support, combined with the lower BP cost, pushed more Heroes to PTFO - something many of you know I hold near and dear to my Hero-playing heart. It was a beautiful thing to witness Heroes trying to help their teams at all costs.

Constructive Feedback
    [*]Respawn Selection Screen Whack-A-Mole Camping. I don't know how to solve this, other than an Idea from these forums re: a Hero-queue system; this way you can go back in as infantry/Enforcer/vehicle and wait for your moment to arrive.
    [*]The current framework seemed to hold up for the most part, but I noticed a considerable amount of Heroes lagging relative to the base-GA game. I experienced this myself, dying to "nothing" on occasion.
    [*]It only lasted a weekend, and now that I've had my taste, I don't have a strong desire to play GA until it gets implemented again.
    [*]Leia Campers were back in full-force. So disappointing knowing how incredibly supportive she is on the front lines (video evidence below).

Anyhow, these are my thoughts after collecting fun data all weekend. Some people I play with regularly don't like playing GA at all, but had a considerable amount of fun this weekend, and I think that speaks volumes to its success.

MTFBWY,

@Han_Spinel

p.s. I REALLY like the polling idea - it is PERFECT for acquiring focused feedback! I voted for permanent mode, but also want more events like this in the future #duh

It would be cool to cross reference those voting they didn't like it with those that actually tried the mode out for more than 10min ;)

100% with you. And the whack-a-mole spawn selection concern? Here’s the reason and solution... It was temporary, for the weekend. Once it’s permanent, this sort of thing will greatly diminish, if not stop altogether.
  • Abuuru
    421 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    EightMile wrote: »
    Abuuru wrote: »
    This event was dog ****.

The only people who want to make it permanent are those who can't get heros in GA. If you can't get heros, there is a game mode called HVV.

Leave GA untouched and focused on fixing bugs.

Also adding it in as a new game mode will also be a terrible idea, it will divide the player base even further and we all know the player base isn't that high to begin with nowdays.

That might be your opinion but the statements are not true. Plenty of people loved the event and get heroes regularly and place at the top of the leader boards.

You should concentrate on things that you can prove instead of your misconceptions.

Whats there to prove? The fact that the game turns into a complete smash fest with 50% of the players being heros/enforcers? The fact that the phases in GA weren't originally designed to accommodate 16 heros? And if you don't think adding another 40 player game mode would significantly dilute the player base of other game modes then you need to go back to school.

I guarantee you if Dice implements this game mode permanently but keeps the hero costs the same as regular GA, half the people who want this to be permanent will change their mind. Clearly the big selling point here is the 1500 cost of heros.
  • ResistanceRodian
    478 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Okay so just to clarify? When you guys want a trooper only large scale mode (trooper only GA) are you guys saying yay or no to the reinforcements?
    4 class only GA
    Or
    trooper/vehicle/ariel/enforcer

I'm with the blast like. Troopers. Enforcers and Ariel troops. No vehicles. Ships, speeders...
  • Abuuru
    421 posts Member
    This event was dog ****.

The only people who want to make it permanent are those who can't get heros in GA. If you can't get heros, there is a game mode called HVV.

Also adding it in as a new game mode will also be a terrible idea, it will divide the player base even further and we all know the player base isn't that high to begin with nowdays.

That might be your opinion but the statements are not true. Plenty of people loved the event and get heroes regularly and place at the top of the leader boards.

You should concentrate on things that you can prove instead of your misconceptions.

Whats there to prove? The fact that the game turns into a complete smash fest with 50% of the players being heros/enforcers? The fact that the phases in GA weren't originally designed to accommodate 16 heros? And if you don't think adding another 40 player game mode would significantly dilute the player base of other game modes then you need to go back to school.

I guarantee you if Dice implements this game mode permanently but keeps the hero costs the same as regular GA, half the people who want this to be permanent will change their mind. Clearly the big selling point here is the 1500 cost of heros.

I had the same concerns about splitting the ga player base, but after reading this thread and others, I'm not as worried about it. Many players in the new mode wouldn't be playing ga anyways. Much of the draw will be from hero and other modes.

The 1500 bps for heroes are certainly the attraction, but I like what it did for objective play, increased vehicle and enforcer use, and more varied trooper usage. I don't have any problems getting heroes in regular ga, this was just fun. I voted to do more events like this.

The biggest issue is that the phases in GA aren't designed for 16 heros. You can't play the objective on a map that isn't meant to support 16 heros. It's not practical.

It's also not practical to spawn in with an officers, use battle command to get 500 BP, respawn, use battle command again and have a hero within 30 seconds of the game. Might as well just reduce cost to 0 and have everybody spawn in as a hero.
  • I can't explain how excited I am just to see there's a poll for this mode only a day after the event. All I can say devs, is that the buzz around this mode is real and this mode will do nothing but benefit the game and expand the player base.

And please consider a trooper only mode as well. Not that I'll necessarily be playing it (I'll be playing Heroes Unleashed for the next 10 years), but many dedicated players in the community have asked for a large trooper only mode and I almost would feel guilty getting an amazing mode like HU made permanent while the trooper fans get the shaft.

But make HU permanent, at a bare minimum!

Perfect answer.

Agreed.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • I didn't like this at all.
    When a four man squad got all heroes at once it is a pain in the butt to face.
    I would like to never see this again
    giphy.gif

“Pessimism never won any battle.”
    -Dwight D. Eisenhower

“Heroes may not be braver than anyone else. They’re just braver five minutes longer.”
    -Ronald Reagan
  • Abuuru wrote: »
    This event was dog ****.

I had the same concerns about splitting the ga player base, but after reading this thread and others, I'm not as worried about it. Many players in the new mode wouldn't be playing ga anyways. Much of the draw will be from hero and other modes.

The 1500 bps for heroes are certainly the attraction, but I like what it did for objective play, increased vehicle and enforcer use, and more varied trooper usage. I don't have any problems getting heroes in regular ga, this was just fun. I voted to do more events like this.

The biggest issue is that the phases in GA aren't designed for 16 heros. You can't play the objective on a map that isn't meant to support 16 heros. It's not practical.

It's also not practical to spawn in with an officers, use battle command to get 500 BP, respawn, use battle command again and have a hero within 30 seconds of the game. Might as well just reduce cost to 0 and have everybody spawn in as a hero.

You make good points here. One thing I didn't like was the games not going into the final phase very often. I don't generally do the respawn thing, I just play until I die. The exception being starkiller base. I hate dealing with the vehicles there so sometimes I respawn, attack the other speeders and run people over. Perhaps no respawn in the new mode might be better, but I'm sure players will find a way to quickly kill themselves.

• [/quote]

Welcome, and the poll results indicate many others shared your enjoyment and fun-spirited perspective. I know I certainly did.

MTFBWY[/quote]

[/quote]

Welcome aboard![/quote]

Thanks to the welcoming committee!
  • I really enjoyed the event, haven’t been playing much lately and this gave a nice twist. I don’t know if it should be permanent but I would like to see it at least once a month.
  • Okay so just to clarify? When you guys want a trooper only large scale mode (trooper only GA) are you guys saying yay or no to the reinforcements?
    4 class only GA
    Or

I'm with the blast like. Troopers. Enforcers and Ariel troops. No vehicles. Ships, speeders...
    That honestly sounds like trash
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • White_Valkyrie
    51 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I have mixed feelings about the event. It was fun for a bit, but as many people have posted, it got too chaotic. After about an hour or so I wanted to play in a "Standard" Galactic Assault Mode. There was also no indication in the game of how long the event was for, as I didn't realize it was only on Friday and Saturday. I hadn't read the forums in awhile. I personally voted for a temporary event; maybe once a month or longer.

I have only posted I think 1 or 2 others times but I very much want to throw in my 2 cents here.

From the prospective of a usually Top 5 player, here is my synopsis:

Pros:
    - People that rarely get to play as heroes, got to play as heroes.
    - Made for a more aggressive play style. Ex., playing as Rey, I was much more aggressive hunting down other, non-aware heroes.
    - When the server was "BALANCED", the Rounds were Competitive and more fun.
    - You don't get frustrated when you die as a Hero. (Especially from the occasional unknown (nameless) mystery "Defeated?" enemy/glitch)
    - Gameplay was more suspenseful because you have to have greater situational awareness.
    - A lot of Overtimes and Stalemates
    - Encourages playing as Heroes you rarely play as, or are not suited for the playstyle of the particular map. (Here's looking at you Boba Fett & Captain Phasma)
    - Encourages more teamwork from ally players. Especially Ally Heroes sticking with Ally Heroes (especially when the Heroes Skillsets complements one another).
    - More time playing as Heroes, quickly Increases the XP earned for said Heroes.
    - As noted from the Poll Results, most people found this event Refreshing or rather enjoyed it.

Cons:
    - Players can quickly play as their desired Hero within 30 seconds of starting the match. Via Officer Buffs with another Officer Ability Recharge Buff.
    - If the server is "UNBALANCED", the other team can easily get a nice and swift beatdown. It only takes 2-3 players that work together and play to the strengths of their characters to easily manhandle an unorganized or unmatched opponent.
    - If you die as a Hero, you could wait in the Character Selection screen for 30 seconds, or whatever the cooldown is, to Re-Select the exact same Hero again, without allowing other players on your team the opportunity to play as that character.
    - Can quickly discourage Objective Play ("PTFO").
    - Specific Hero Units that are Helpful to Play As to assist your team in Battle, to Counter what is currently causing your team major trouble now can't be Chosen. You again have people that don't really know how to play hogging important characters and just taking up "Dead Space" on the Battlefield. Ex., an Ally has chosen Iden and is sitting back far away from the Front Lines and is unsuccessfully trying to Snipe with the Pulse Cannon, only shooting at other Enemy Snipers or is siting far away and spamming her secondary either getting an occasional kill or just taking away health, causing the enemy unit to retreat behind cover and wait for their health to regen again, but adding a no significant catalyst to turn the tide of the battlefield. Rather than a more aggressive approach of trying to push forward on a Chokepoint or trying to help your team take out Enemy Lightsaber Units seamlessly picking off your helpless ally trooper units.
    - Takes away the strategy from the game.

Perspective on Strategy Point:
    Despite most people always wanting to play as a Hero, there are a number of times in a game where I never play as a Hero or sometimes even a reinforcement. The reason is because I enjoy playing the Objective and having a Competitive Match. I can easily still be a Top 5 Player and never play as a Hero because I help the team and play the Objectives.
    - Unabated AT-STs blowing up your unskilled players on Tatooine?, play as a Heavy, flank behind the AT-ST and blow them up yourself from the Rear with 3 Ion Torpedoes and a few seconds of Sentry Attack. If you kill them quickly enough they actually LOSE battlepoints by using the BP points to select the AT-ST and not earning enough BP by getting kills.
    - Too many Snipers on Crait? Play as a Sniper and rack up 20-30 kills on the Early Phase of Crait by shooting the dumb stationary Snipers. Meanwhile also destroying annoying Officer/Heavy Turrets/Ion Turrets.
    - Enemy Heroes picking off clueless teammates? Play as a Flametrooper or have a Rapid Fire Gun, Sentry, or Sniper Rifle and stick with your Ally Hero like Vader, Kylo, or Iden and Head their Frozen/Stunned Enemy Hero giving you trouble.
    - LAAT killing your Separatist Heroes trying to take the Objective on Phase 2 of Kamino? Use an Ion Shot to blow up the LAAT before they can cause trouble picking of your team trying to capture the Objective.
    - Annoying Wookie Warriors + your mix of [Insert Here] (Yoda, "Big Deal", Lando/Han/Chewy) holding a Choke Point on Kamino/Theed/Hoth/Kashyyyk? Throw down a Bubble Shield as an Officer to allow your Ally Hero to get in close enough to Negate their Defensive Footing.
    - Can't get anywhere on Phase 1 of Kamino as a Separatist Droid because your teammates are too scared or worthless to enter into the Terminal Room? Throw Down a Bubble Shield as an Officer to allow them to push forward or Travel Along the Left Side Walkway ABOVE (or BELOW) and enter in at the End and Flank them in the Back, hopefully with some ally that spawned in or flanked around with you.
    These are just a few examples of Strategy that I'm talking about. Now you take away 8-12 ally troopers that are "Just As Crucial" to help capture an Objective Point. Instead you have mayhem of Hero Units just dying, and other troopers just trying to help kill Enemy Heroes, with almost no one left actually playing the Objective or trying to assist your team.
    With the High Cost of Hero and Support Units, you must carefully chose who and how you play in order to help your team. Otherwise you have no effect in shifting the momentum or you end up dying and wasting battlepoints and having to try to earn battlepoints several minutes to again and try to shift an even more steep momentum change.

Another VALID POINT:
    I played on Jakku as the Resistance one match, which is my least favorite map, and I counted 10 players (of the total 20 players on one team) at one point on the Ridge of Phase 1 sniping as Snipers or Blaster Heroes. This leaves 10 players remaining not on the Ridge. Divided by 2 objectives trying to defend, with of those 10 players less than that actually playing on or near the objective. Exacerbated with 8 other Enemy Heroes, Flametroopers, and 1-2 AT-STs you easily Lost Phase 1. This was one of those Rounds where it didn't matter how well you personally, or 1-2 other players on your team played, you quickly Lost the Round in <10 minutes. Because were weren't getting beaten so badly hardly anybody played the Objective, making it probably no fun for both sides.

- i.e. If you have a bunch of people on your team and you don't know how to play, work together, or at least attempt to play the objective you LOST very soundly. UNSKILLED Team vs SKILLED Team = BORING MATCH

I think these kind of events probably could be fun, like when the couple of matches I did play were Stalemates with lots of Overtimes, but the biggest problem is that unfortunately there is still quite a number of players that really have no clue of how to play.

I'm going to start another Post on how the GAME ITSELF can improve player skill and gameplay.

Thank you DICE for your willingness to take player feedback.

• How about hero TDM as a permanent mode and unleashed as a monthly event👍
  • Okay so just to clarify? When you guys want a trooper only large scale mode (trooper only GA) are you guys saying yay or no to the reinforcements?
    4 class only GA
    Or

That honestly sounds like trash

When I speak of troppers only as a mode concept it is always meant to reference troopers/heroes. GA should never be without vehicles or reinforcements. I assume everyone else means the same. If they don’t, then... What you said.
  • OOM19
    2833 posts Member
    Dash wrote: »
    DrX2345 wrote: »

I’d be down for that 100%. <3 me some E-11 fun! :sunglasses:

That would not be fun unless they buff the default Heavy weapon

I have been waiting

FOR ONE YEAR
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png

OUT AM I?!
    I live again
    I am ROMG4 or is ROMG4 me? If I am ROMG4 who am I? If ROMG4 is me who is he what is he? If I am him who or what am I?

If this is conscious does that mean I know I am ROMG4 or not, is ROMG4 me? or Is it not

Gone forgotten, out of board and into the pan of ghost fire and diatrabe of sadness no one AVENGED ME how could this be. 2 years I exist I help, I talk, I contribute, I speak, no one helped me no aide, no one all alone in the dark of the night where dark things lurk in the more of subconscious thought and that which lurks bellow and beyond the veil of madness and the unknown

Space and Asteroids ROMG4
  • howardvw
    114 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Loved it.
    Price maybe raise to 2000.

But keep 16. The key is 16 heros at whatever price....

16 16 16 16 16 16..
  • T0TALfps wrote: »
    So DICE, what's it gonna be? What are you at least leaning towards?

I am sure that once we've gained a substantial amount of feedback and when the time is right, @F8RGE will likely provide an update on the status of some of the Battle Point events. :smile:

hope DICE is able to include a Post Mortem report on the recent HU event

like how many Heroes died during that weekend etc, those kind of statistics are fun :)

This event was dog ****.

Hence the event being called heroes unleashed, if they were the same price, you would just have better players getting the heroes. That was the main point of the event, to have all heroes out for most of the match, so everyone could get them.....

And even if the cost were the same, it would still be better than what GA is right now.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

• Chem0
    182 posts Member
    Great fun but if you make this event permanent or even monthly event then heroes should cost bit more than enforcers and aerials.
  • Please dont make GA permanent like this, while it was fun it is far better to play a game where playing as a hero feels earned instead of given to you. This was way better as an event!
  • Dash
    11645 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Chem0 wrote: »
    Great fun but if you make this event permanent or even monthly event then heroes should cost bit more than enforcers and aerials.

The point of it being its own separate mode/entity/option though Is so that it can be the way it was, Chaotic. :wink:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• From a purely Infantry perspective I think it should be permanent, it was far easier wiping out heroes when their playing aggressively.
    GA is a huge spamfest anyway so I don't think they altered things to a dramatic degree, if anything they balanced things out a little.
    But there needs to be an Infantry only GA too, just call it Turning Point, that should be your next event.
    And keep that Enforcer weekend to GA and Hero modes only.
  • EA_Cian
    1225 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Just took out a few posts - quick reminder to please watch the language, folks. :smile:
  • I miss Heroes Unleashed. Games now just have that one officer who heals people, dies, and then just hangs in the back of the map with the Hero. It really sucks when you, an average player, can't get a Hero because the people who are heroes won't just go into a battle. I like playing as Jet troopers and enforcer, ..but i already have them leveled up fully
    And when I can't get a hero im pretty much pushed to play as them. What's the point of ending a game in Death Star with over 7000 BP. I just really liked HUGA.
    I MISS HUGA
    I'll hug-a DICE dev if I get to play it soon.
  • I miss Heroes Unleashed. Games now just have that one officer who heals people, dies, and then just hangs in the back of the map with the Hero. It really sucks when you, an average player, can't get a Hero because the people who are heroes won't just go into a battle. I like playing as Jet troopers and enforcer, ..but i already have them leveled up fully
    And when I can't get a hero im pretty much pushed to play as them. What's the point of ending a game in Death Star with over 7000 BP. I just really liked HUGA.
    I MISS HUGA
    I'll hug-a DICE dev if I get to play it soon.

I usually get more than 5 times that amount, but I have all the infantry classes with purple cards and been playing since December of last year. The best tips I can give you is learn the maps, upgrade your weapons on blast, use vehicles and play the objective (the last tip is difficult for a beginner)

I wish I had something like HU when I started playing. It was such a grind in beginning to get heroes in GA. The HU event did not bother me at all, probably because I play with randoms and I get heroes regardless.

I love the poll, it keeps everyone honest. It is a universal law that naysayers are more vocal, in this case they fall in the minority.
    This event was dog ****.

I understand your concerns, but GA is a smash fest whether there's 2, 4 or 8 heroes per team, it's how the maps are designed linear choke points filled with Nade, OP Hero/ Enforcer spam with limited flanking routes and a non destructible environment. This is the game.
    BF2's player base is dwindling regardless, either continue to lose players slowly or start being pro active and shake things up a little. From a shooter perspective GA is a poor game and will continue to be average no matter how many Heroes are in it, but for those who love Heroes it could become a phenomenal game mode.
    I despise heroes so it doesn't bother me at all, but I genuinely don't see the problem with letting more people have a go at being a Hero. It keeps more of the player base happy and playing on BF2.
  • Chem0
    182 posts Member
    Dash wrote: »
    Chem0 wrote: »

The point of it being its own separate mode/entity/option though Is so that it can be the way it was, Chaotic. :wink:

That full on mayhem was the best part. Still maybe enforcers and aerials could cost 1000bp.
    Also would be awesome to have HU event for that new large scale game mode in the future too. ;)
  • After all this mayhem, madness and choas I feel even more alone while playing a hero in GA... :'(
    4 class only GA
    Or

I love trooper play, but I don't necessarily want no heroes. GA was simply amazing for me in the July-August time frame when Palpatine was gone, hero cost was high, and ion torpedoes were plentiful (all these things may not have been concurrent).
  • I think it was too good and too bad at the same time.
    Good things first: you could play some bad bad GA heroes in GA that you normally play in HVV and have fun with those. Even bad players that struggle to get bp can get some hero fun early in GA and that‘s always a win it keeps the community together. In addition it was really cool to see all the timelines combine in one battle and felt really chaotic.

Bad things second: it was way too random and chaotic - it is a bad thing if there are so many powerful tools of destruction on the map bc you feel like you can not have an impact on the game.
    Bad players get heroes. So this will be veeery controversial but I think that the best players or the players with the best start should play heroes instead of some average or bad players simply bc they earned it. Playing a hero in a large mode should be an honour and should feel like you can make the difference on tha battlefront. I think having even higher costs like before the update that lowered them for heroes would be better so that ppl are playing obj and stuff to get bp (I know officers are OP but that‘s not what I want to discuss here) and feel the impact they have on the game. Personally I am from the Halo scene where you get drilled to aim good and win gunfights so getting a hero is basically normal for me no matter the class - but imo that‘s how it should be. The hero should be a real hero.

PS: I know I will receive backlash bc of my elitistic opinion but well I said it so yeah roast meee