criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Focused Feedback: Battle Point Event - Heroes Unleashed

12467

Replies

  • Okay so I changed my opinion on it kinda. What if Heroes Unleashed came out every weekend. 5 days of regular GA and then 2 days of intense chaotic haphazard shoot-me-in-the-face fun!
  • Omniscient wrote: »
    @Thunderlike

    The “bad players” getting a Hero scenario is a self-correcting situation. If they are bad, they won’t last long. So, it’s a non-issue.

    IMHO, the “elitist” mentality is a crutch in this particular mode. Since the l33ts didn’t change how they played their Heroes during the event, I feel they lost out on the true joy that it was.

    That is why I thi k they should keep HU on a roatation. So "bad players" can get the Hero, have fun and then die. Everyone wins. The top 5 players or top 5 officers get the Hero right away *cheap* and the rest of the players having fun can earn their hero and play for a bit it's still fun.
  • Okay so I changed my opinion on it kinda. What if Heroes Unleashed came out every weekend. 5 days of regular GA and then 2 days of intense chaotic haphazard shoot-me-in-the-face fun!

    Whose weekend?

    Regardless, I bet people that can only play on weekends (or vice versa) would take issue with that. Just make it a permanent separate mode.
  • I, like some, have weekends that are actually a weekend. Friday, Saturday and sunday. The rest is Uni and work. So maybe people who like spending their weekends playing video games might agree. But if it is it's own mode I feel like it'll be so much work for DICE to do and they still have to give us sooo much more stuff. I would assume temporary rotation but frequently would be less work? No. Again I know jack ***** about video game developing.
  • A
    Omniscient wrote: »
    I, like some, have weekends that are actually a weekend. Friday, Saturday and sunday. The rest is Uni and work. So maybe people who like spending their weekends playing video games might agree. But if it is it's own mode I feel like it'll be so much work for DICE to do and they still have to give us sooo much more stuff. I would assume temporary rotation but frequently would be less work? No. Again I know jack **** about video game developing.

    Creating this as a permanent mode is easy peasy lemon squeezy. One competent (<— can’t stress that enough to prevent the insults that responders here would throw) developer could handle the DB table copies, code replication, and UX switches within the Frostbite engine in less than a day of work.

    Point of fact: DICE wouldn’t have offered it as an option in the poll if it would be difficult.

    If it is that easy, like you stated, then I think you may have convinced me on going to permanent AS ITS OWN MODE.
    Final answer. Permenant as it's own mode.
  • Really enjoyed this event. Completely changed the dynamics of the game mode. Lots of fun. Should be its own mode, like HvV in the BF2015.
  • Okay so I changed my opinion on it kinda. What if Heroes Unleashed came out every weekend. 5 days of regular GA and then 2 days of intense chaotic haphazard shoot-me-in-the-face fun!

    i like this idea, every weekend

    perhaps Normal GA - Mondays to Thursdays

    HUGA - Friday - Saturday - Sunday
  • my thoughts

    1. loved it, though some people hate it
    2. i think this should be a recurring event
    3. i don't think this should be a permanent concurrent event because that will thin out the player base and nobody will get any games.
    4. i think you should rotate 1/4 BP events for all heroes, all hero starfighters (in GA!), all vehicles, all enforcers. or better still all everything!
  • This was the most fun I’ve had... I think ever.
  • Okay so I changed my opinion on it kinda. What if Heroes Unleashed came out every weekend. 5 days of regular GA and then 2 days of intense chaotic haphazard shoot-me-in-the-face fun!

    no thank you. Some people can only play on weekends and this mode sucked completely. It would mean for me (and my friends) to stop playing this game.
  • Okay so I changed my opinion on it kinda. What if Heroes Unleashed came out every weekend. 5 days of regular GA and then 2 days of intense chaotic haphazard shoot-me-in-the-face fun!

    i like this idea, every weekend

    perhaps Normal GA - Mondays to Thursdays

    HUGA - Friday - Saturday - Sunday

    nope, no just no.
  • Omniscient wrote: »
    I’ve seen a few posts, now, proclaiming a fear that making HU its own mode will “thin” the GA player pool, leading to empty or partially filled lobbies. Well, ignoring the fact that the lobby issues significantly predated the event, I have to say that the basis for the fear is the entire reason us supporters are here, championing for the mode’s permanent implementation.

    The vast majority have voted that we want this mode to be permanent, as its own option. The fact that a substantial portion of the GA player base will opt to play the alternate mode should be a clear sign of its superiority in providing fast-paced, engaging, exhilarating action.

    To attempt to thwart the permanent rollout because it will draw from the mode that the naysayers wish to keep us confined to will only lead to disappointment...for said naysayers.

    If you choose to join us in HU, you are all welcome to join. However, I think you are misinformed if you believe “no one” will get games. We will. We’ll just be in the mode you are shunning.

    For those that say they’ll quit the game for good if HU is made permanent, all I can say is that is an irrational response. You’re threatening to leave a game because something new is added that a majority want; something that has no impact to your game; something that you are neither required to participate in nor that supplants the mode you currently enjoy.

    Take what you will from this response.

    TLDR;

    When you see players flocking to HU, and find yourself with minimal participation in vanilla GA, do not be afraid. Everything is unfolding as the poll has predicted. Join us.

    /uninstall - HU not worth playing for me.
  • I am highly skeptical of this “splitting player base” argument. People said that the player base was split on BF1 and I played that game regularly until BF2 came out. I never had trouble getting games unless it was like 3am. In fact, I logged onto it a couple weeks ago and still got a game.

    The player base may be smaller and you may see some of the same people more often. But you’ll still be able to get a game.

    Yes. “Splitting the player base” is an oft quoted argument. It sounds good, but it a meaningless idea.
  • Omniscient wrote: »
    I’ve seen a few posts, now, proclaiming a fear that making HU its own mode will “thin” the GA player pool, leading to empty or partially filled lobbies. Well, ignoring the fact that the lobby issues significantly predated the event, I have to say that the basis for the fear is the entire reason us supporters are here, championing for the mode’s permanent implementation.

    The vast majority have voted that we want this mode to be permanent, as its own option. The fact that a substantial portion of the GA player base will opt to play the alternate mode should be a clear sign of its superiority in providing fast-paced, engaging, exhilarating action.

    To attempt to thwart the permanent rollout because it will draw from the mode that the naysayers wish to keep us confined to will only lead to disappointment...for said naysayers.

    If you choose to join us in HU, you are all welcome to join. However, I think you are misinformed if you believe “no one” will get games. We will. We’ll just be in the mode you are shunning.

    For those that say they’ll quit the game for good if HU is made permanent, all I can say is that is an irrational response. You’re threatening to leave a game because something new is added that a majority want; something that has no impact to your game; something that you are neither required to participate in nor that supplants the mode you currently enjoy.

    Take what you will from this response.

    TLDR;

    When you see players flocking to HU, and find yourself with minimal participation in vanilla GA, do not be afraid. Everything is unfolding as the poll has predicted. Join us.

    I completely agree with your comment. Thanks.
  • If they implement HU permanently, they should consider reverting the battle point costs of Vanilla GA to their original numbers. That month when the 2x multiplier wasn’t working was actually really fun and it may focus Ga on troopers a bit more and differentiate it from a HU version.
  • BrushedBrass2
    540 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Dash wrote: »
    As I read on and see the comments it’s quite polarizing viewing both perspectives. So I wanted to share the first reaction/feelings I had to paint a picture for everyone of how I felt.

    The match started, we all rushed to do what we do, push up, take enemies out, and apply pressure, take the objectives.

    Soon we saw heroes and villains, and I mean Soon! The pressure rose for both sides, as did the mayhem. We soon realized this wasn’t a normal match, this was a Battlefront. This was Star Wars people.

    We had Iconic heroes left and right, leading our forces here and there, under suppressive fire, bodies hitting the ground, personal stakes all over, fear, anger, darkness, but also the light, also Hope.

    People, this was a movie battle. I LOVED IT.

    Completely agree!!!! Couldn't have put it better.

    I don't know if this is the case or not, but maybe people who bought this game because it was a Star Wars game enjoy more heroes on the battlefield where as those who bought it because it is technically a shooter don't like that.

    Regarldless, Heroes Unleashed is still way more challenging and dynamic than current GA.
  • Dash wrote: »
    As I read on and see the comments it’s quite polarizing viewing both perspectives. So I wanted to share the first reaction/feelings I had to paint a picture for everyone of how I felt.

    The match started, we all rushed to do what we do, push up, take enemies out, and apply pressure, take the objectives.

    Soon we saw heroes and villains, and I mean Soon! The pressure rose for both sides, as did the mayhem. We soon realized this wasn’t a normal match, this was a Battlefront. This was Star Wars people.

    We had Iconic heroes left and right, leading our forces here and there, under suppressive fire, bodies hitting the ground, personal stakes all over, fear, anger, darkness, but also the light, also Hope.

    People, this was a movie battle. I LOVED IT.

    I just somehow deleted my comment but I agree with everything you said.
  • Draco_RSA wrote: »
    Omniscient wrote: »
    I’ve seen a few posts, now, proclaiming a fear that making HU its own mode will “thin” the GA player pool, leading to empty or partially filled lobbies. Well, ignoring the fact that the lobby issues significantly predated the event, I have to say that the basis for the fear is the entire reason us supporters are here, championing for the mode’s permanent implementation.

    The vast majority have voted that we want this mode to be permanent, as its own option. The fact that a substantial portion of the GA player base will opt to play the alternate mode should be a clear sign of its superiority in providing fast-paced, engaging, exhilarating action.

    To attempt to thwart the permanent rollout because it will draw from the mode that the naysayers wish to keep us confined to will only lead to disappointment...for said naysayers.

    If you choose to join us in HU, you are all welcome to join. However, I think you are misinformed if you believe “no one” will get games. We will. We’ll just be in the mode you are shunning.

    For those that say they’ll quit the game for good if HU is made permanent, all I can say is that is an irrational response. You’re threatening to leave a game because something new is added that a majority want; something that has no impact to your game; something that you are neither required to participate in nor that supplants the mode you currently enjoy.

    Take what you will from this response.

    TLDR;

    When you see players flocking to HU, and find yourself with minimal participation in vanilla GA, do not be afraid. Everything is unfolding as the poll has predicted. Join us.

    /uninstall - HU not worth playing for me.

    I’m going to take a stab in the dark here and guess that you did not actually read my post before responding to it.
  • Okay so I changed my opinion on it kinda. What if Heroes Unleashed came out every weekend. 5 days of regular GA and then 2 days of intense chaotic haphazard shoot-me-in-the-face fun!

    No just make HU it's own game mode.
    My PSN is musicman8811
    Let's play sometime!
    ;)
  • If they implement HU permanently, they should consider reverting the battle point costs of Vanilla GA to their original numbers. That month when the 2x multiplier wasn’t working was actually really fun and it may focus Ga on troopers a bit more and differentiate it from a HU version.

    If the player base can support a split (especially with new mode coming, though not for a while), I would so love this. That was my favorite time to play. I suspect HU would attract a lot of the spawn screen campers.
  • I am highly skeptical of this “splitting player base” argument. People said that the player base was split on BF1 and I played that game regularly until BF2 came out. I never had trouble getting games unless it was like 3am. In fact, I logged onto it a couple weeks ago and still got a game.

    The player base may be smaller and you may see some of the same people more often. But you’ll still be able to get a game.

    Yes. “Splitting the player base” is an oft quoted argument. It sounds good, but it a meaningless idea.

    It might split up some buddies who play together often. But maybe not.

    I love plain old vanilla Galactic Assault (guess that's what we're calling it now). I loved Heroes Unleashed. I'd love to try a No Heroes weekend.

    The truth is...I'm probably the target audience for this game.
  • Omniscient wrote: »
    I’ve seen a few posts, now, proclaiming a fear that making HU its own mode will “thin” the GA player pool, leading to empty or partially filled lobbies. Well, ignoring the fact that the lobby issues significantly predated the event, I have to say that the basis for the fear is the entire reason us supporters are here, championing for the mode’s permanent implementation.

    The vast majority have voted that we want this mode to be permanent, as its own option. The fact that a substantial portion of the GA player base will opt to play the alternate mode should be a clear sign of its superiority in providing fast-paced, engaging, exhilarating action.

    To attempt to thwart the permanent rollout because it will draw from the mode that the naysayers wish to keep us confined to will only lead to disappointment...for said naysayers.

    If you choose to join us in HU, you are all welcome to join. However, I think you are misinformed if you believe “no one” will get games. We will. We’ll just be in the mode you are shunning.

    For those that say they’ll quit the game for good if HU is made permanent, all I can say is that is an irrational response. You’re threatening to leave a game because something new is added that a majority want; something that has no impact to your game; something that you are neither required to participate in nor that supplants the mode you currently enjoy.

    Take what you will from this response.

    TLDR;

    When you see players flocking to HU, and find yourself with minimal participation in vanilla GA, do not be afraid. Everything is unfolding as the poll has predicted. Join us.

    Its funny how only the trash players want this game mode. Also where did you get the idea that "majority" of players want HU permanently? From the 100 people that have voted in favor in this poll? That's a great sample size given there are millions of players in battlefront.
  • Dash wrote: »
    As I read on and see the comments it’s quite polarizing viewing both perspectives. So I wanted to share the first reaction/feelings I had to paint a picture for everyone of how I felt.

    The match started, we all rushed to do what we do, push up, take enemies out, and apply pressure, take the objectives.

    Soon we saw heroes and villains, and I mean Soon! The pressure rose for both sides, as did the mayhem. We soon realized this wasn’t a normal match, this was a Battlefront. This was Star Wars people.

    We had Iconic heroes left and right, leading our forces here and there, under suppressive fire, bodies hitting the ground, personal stakes all over, fear, anger, darkness, but also the light, also Hope.

    People, this was a movie battle. I LOVED IT.

    Ya man. HU is the game that I paid for in Nov '17.
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • Abuuru
    421 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    Abuuru wrote: »
    Omniscient wrote: »
    I’ve seen a few posts, now, proclaiming a fear that making HU its own mode will “thin” the GA player pool, leading to empty or partially filled lobbies. Well, ignoring the fact that the lobby issues significantly predated the event, I have to say that the basis for the fear is the entire reason us supporters are here, championing for the mode’s permanent implementation.

    The vast majority have voted that we want this mode to be permanent, as its own option. The fact that a substantial portion of the GA player base will opt to play the alternate mode should be a clear sign of its superiority in providing fast-paced, engaging, exhilarating action.

    To attempt to thwart the permanent rollout because it will draw from the mode that the naysayers wish to keep us confined to will only lead to disappointment...for said naysayers.

    If you choose to join us in HU, you are all welcome to join. However, I think you are misinformed if you believe “no one” will get games. We will. We’ll just be in the mode you are shunning.

    For those that say they’ll quit the game for good if HU is made permanent, all I can say is that is an irrational response. You’re threatening to leave a game because something new is added that a majority want; something that has no impact to your game; something that you are neither required to participate in nor that supplants the mode you currently enjoy.

    Take what you will from this response.

    TLDR;

    When you see players flocking to HU, and find yourself with minimal participation in vanilla GA, do not be afraid. Everything is unfolding as the poll has predicted. Join us.

    Its funny how only the trash players want this game mode. Also where did you get the idea that "majority" of players want HU permanently? From the 100 people that have voted in favor in this poll? That's a great sample size given there are millions of players in battlefront.

    The trash players lol? I think that most of us on the forums score #1 on the regulars. Most casual players won't be on the forums as they probably don't know they exist. Casuals won't care if it is implemented because they know they can either play it, or not. No need to try and insult people when they have differing opinions, and actually enjoy hard pressed battles.

    I'm basing this on my own experience. Out of the 5 close friends who play this game, the 4 who are terrible loved this event because they could finally play with heros.

    Also I read alot of players saying they'll come back to the game if this is implemented, which likely means they haven't played for a while and are probably rusty. I also read quite a few people say they invited their friends, who never really played before to play and they had a blast because they all got heros.

    Current GA creates an atmosphere for "hard pressed" battles that are strategic and require skills and tactics to execute. The atmosphere that HU created was chaotic, uncontrolled and most importantly took all skill/strategy/tactic out of the game.

    Here is a GA match I had last night. It's 6 minutes of non-stop action but is controlled and strategic. You could never do this in HU because you can't play strategically when the enemy team has 8 heros and 4 enforcers out in the first phase.

    [video]

    So yes, the bad players of this game would support HU because they're looking for meaningless, chaotic battles that require zero strategy. If this is what you want, there is nothing wrong with it, you should go find another game that is for players like this, but keep this trash out of battlefront.
  • oldrepublicbro77
    29 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Yeah, no.


    My PSN is musicman8811
    Let's play sometime!
    ;)
  • oldrepublicbro77
    29 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Just because some new players liked it, doesn't mean it's automatically a noob game mode. I personally loved it, and I usually get first in GA matches.
    My PSN is musicman8811
    Let's play sometime!
    ;)
  • Abuuru
    421 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    Abuuru wrote: »
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    Abuuru wrote: »
    Omniscient wrote: »
    I’ve seen a few posts, now, proclaiming a fear that making HU its own mode will “thin” the GA player pool, leading to empty or partially filled lobbies. Well, ignoring the fact that the lobby issues significantly predated the event, I have to say that the basis for the fear is the entire reason us supporters are here, championing for the mode’s permanent implementation.

    The vast majority have voted that we want this mode to be permanent, as its own option. The fact that a substantial portion of the GA player base will opt to play the alternate mode should be a clear sign of its superiority in providing fast-paced, engaging, exhilarating action.

    To attempt to thwart the permanent rollout because it will draw from the mode that the naysayers wish to keep us confined to will only lead to disappointment...for said naysayers.

    If you choose to join us in HU, you are all welcome to join. However, I think you are misinformed if you believe “no one” will get games. We will. We’ll just be in the mode you are shunning.

    For those that say they’ll quit the game for good if HU is made permanent, all I can say is that is an irrational response. You’re threatening to leave a game because something new is added that a majority want; something that has no impact to your game; something that you are neither required to participate in nor that supplants the mode you currently enjoy.

    Take what you will from this response.

    TLDR;

    When you see players flocking to HU, and find yourself with minimal participation in vanilla GA, do not be afraid. Everything is unfolding as the poll has predicted. Join us.

    Its funny how only the trash players want this game mode. Also where did you get the idea that "majority" of players want HU permanently? From the 100 people that have voted in favor in this poll? That's a great sample size given there are millions of players in battlefront.

    The trash players lol? I think that most of us on the forums score #1 on the regulars. Most casual players won't be on the forums as they probably don't know they exist. Casuals won't care if it is implemented because they know they can either play it, or not. No need to try and insult people when they have differing opinions, and actually enjoy hard pressed battles.

    I'm basing this on my own experience. Out of the 5 close friends who play this game, the 4 who are terrible loved this event because they could finally play with heros.

    Also I read alot of players saying they'll come back to the game if this is implemented, which likely means they haven't played for a while and are probably rusty. I also read quite a few people say they invited their friends, who never really played before to play and they had a blast because they all got heros.

    Current GA creates an atmosphere for "hard pressed" battles that are strategic and require skills and tactics to execute. The atmosphere that HU created was chaotic, uncontrolled and most importantly took all skill/strategy/tactic out of the game.

    Here is a GA match I had last night. It's 6 minutes of non-stop action but is controlled and strategic. You could never do this in HU because you can't play strategically when the enemy team has 8 heros and 4 enforcers out in the first phase.

    [video]

    So yes, the bad players of this game would support HU because they're looking for meaningless, chaotic battles that require zero strategy. If this is what you want, there is nothing wrong with it, you should go find another game that is for players like this, but keep this trash out of battlefront.

    1.If your friends are bad, then that's on them, but you can't say we're bad if we are topping the charts. Also, current Ga might as well be a LS win everytime. the only strategy required is getting Finn and then using Big deal. Toss in a few Wookies and you're never gonna lose.
    2. If they say they'll come back if it's implemented, that means that they played the mode,
    3513j0lmkkh7.png
    Right?
    3. I hoenstly think HU requires more strategy for DS as you gotta keep Finn under lockdown. Sure it's hectic, but it sure beats regular GA, which has turned into LS wins or gets steamrolled every time. Glad your having fun with regular GA, but at this point HU was probably the best mode to date.

    If my friends are bad, that is on them but HU appealed to them and i'm sure it appeals to alot of other bad players.

    I've been playing BF2 since launch and aside from some bad matchmaking games, LS and DS is fairly even. As someone who players GA alot, i don't see Finn an issue at all. As a matter of fact I don't see Finn being selected very often. If I do, I work to take him down quite easily (whether its with another hero, a vanguard flank, snipe etc.). Fact of the matter is, if I see Finn I can use some strategy to actually take him down at the right opportunity. This isn't something you can do when Finn is surrounding with 7 other heros. What ends up happening is an 8v8 hero deathmatch with a bunch of troopers around and you end up smashing your heads agaisnt each other.

    If they should add a new game mode it should be a 10v10 hero deathmatch, and if you really want it to be chaotic they can throw in some AI troopers on both sides for some more bodies for you to smash.
  • oldrepublicbro77
    29 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Abuuru wrote: »
    If my friends are bad, that is on them but HU appealed to them and i'm sure it appeals to alot of other bad players.

    I've been playing BF2 since launch and aside from some bad matchmaking games, LS and DS is fairly even. As someone who players GA alot, i don't see Finn an issue at all. As a matter of fact I don't see Finn being selected very often. If I do, I work to take him down quite easily (whether its with another hero, a vanguard flank, snipe etc.). Fact of the matter is, if I see Finn I can use some strategy to actually take him down at the right opportunity. This isn't something you can do when Finn is surrounding with 7 other heros. What ends up happening is an 8v8 hero deathmatch with a bunch of troopers around and you end up smashing your heads agaisnt each other.

    Ha ha, no. Strategy in GA is, for most people, run gun repeat. Or if you're an officer, spam Officer's Prescence and Recharge Command till you get Yoda or Palpatine then demolish everybody else. Also LS has a clear advantage with characters like Leia, Yoda, Rey, and yes, Finn. Just because a particular hero isn't always picked doesn't mean there not good.

    My PSN is musicman8811
    Let's play sometime!
    ;)
  • Abuuru wrote: »
    If my friends are bad, that is on them but HU appealed to them and i'm sure it appeals to alot of other bad players.

    I've been playing BF2 since launch and aside from some bad matchmaking games, LS and DS is fairly even. As someone who players GA alot, i don't see Finn an issue at all. As a matter of fact I don't see Finn being selected very often. If I do, I work to take him down quite easily (whether its with another hero, a vanguard flank, snipe etc.). Fact of the matter is, if I see Finn I can use some strategy to actually take him down at the right opportunity. This isn't something you can do when Finn is surrounding with 7 other heros. What ends up happening is an 8v8 hero deathmatch with a bunch of troopers around and you end up smashing your heads agaisnt each other.

    Ha ha, no. Strategy in GA is, for most people, run gun repeat. Or if you're an officer, spam Officer's Prescence and Recharge Command till you get Yoda or Palpatine then demolish everybody else. Also LS has a clear advantage with characters like Leia, Yoda, Rey, and yes, Finn. Just because a particular hero isn't always picked doesn't mean there not good.

    unless you provide some concrete proof of your statements, that's not accurate.

    [video]
    [video]
  • Abuuru wrote: »
    Omniscient wrote: »
    I’ve seen a few posts, now, proclaiming a fear that making HU its own mode will “thin” the GA player pool, leading to empty or partially filled lobbies. Well, ignoring the fact that the lobby issues significantly predated the event, I have to say that the basis for the fear is the entire reason us supporters are here, championing for the mode’s permanent implementation.

    The vast majority have voted that we want this mode to be permanent, as its own option. The fact that a substantial portion of the GA player base will opt to play the alternate mode should be a clear sign of its superiority in providing fast-paced, engaging, exhilarating action.

    To attempt to thwart the permanent rollout because it will draw from the mode that the naysayers wish to keep us confined to will only lead to disappointment...for said naysayers.

    If you choose to join us in HU, you are all welcome to join. However, I think you are misinformed if you believe “no one” will get games. We will. We’ll just be in the mode you are shunning.

    For those that say they’ll quit the game for good if HU is made permanent, all I can say is that is an irrational response. You’re threatening to leave a game because something new is added that a majority want; something that has no impact to your game; something that you are neither required to participate in nor that supplants the mode you currently enjoy.

    Take what you will from this response.

    TLDR;

    When you see players flocking to HU, and find yourself with minimal participation in vanilla GA, do not be afraid. Everything is unfolding as the poll has predicted. Join us.

    Its funny how only the trash players want this game mode. Also where did you get the idea that "majority" of players want HU permanently? From the 100 people that have voted in favor in this poll? That's a great sample size given there are millions of players in battlefront.

    Lol 😂

    Within your delusional moment of grandeur you forgot completely the concept of a poll. It is based on extrapolating from a small group of participants what the majority wants.

    Lol 😂

    So next time, ask your friend, professor Google, to help you understand “difficult” concepts, so you do not belittle yourself while belittling others.

    😂

    You must not have graduated highschool because 42% of the poll that wants this game mode to be permanent is not the MAJORITY vs. the 58% who DO NOT want this game mode to be permanent.

    Based on the poll, the MAJORITY voted not to make the game permanent with 58% of the votes.

    Please go back to school.
  • Abuuru
    421 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Omniscient wrote: »
    Abuuru wrote: »
    Its funny how only the trash players want this game mode.

    Go look up my entry in the 100% Milestone completion club post, then come back and revise the above statement. I’ll wait.
    Abuuru wrote: »
    Also where did you get the idea that "majority" of players want HU permanently?

    Scroll to the very first post in this thread. You’ll see my source.

    It’s funny how certain people resort to name calling when they have no evidence for a valid, logical argument.

    How about no? If you had the intellectual capacity of an 11 year old you will go and read my posts and understand the logic behind my argument.
  • kevanwithana
    407 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    To the people who are saying that only “trash players” want this game mode...

    You are partially right.

    A lot of bad and mediocre players want this mode because it allows them to play heroes in large scale objective-based battles (different from playing HvV TDM on a small map). But that is what they bought the game for.

    While I like the idea that only the best players get to use heroes because they earned them, the practical effect it has on the community is that anyone who isn’t one of those elite players doesn’t get access to one of the major parts of the game. So instead they sit in the back of the map and snipe. Or go around trying to win isolated gunfights instead of playing the objective, where all the heroes (that they don’t have access to) are fighting. OR...they stop playing the game.

    It breeds the behavior that makes you angry when YOU get to be a hero and are standing alone on an objective.

    If HU has a shot at enticing players back into the game because it gives them what they were expecting when they bought it, it is a no-brainer to make it permanent.

    (And a side note: good players also like it because it allowed them to shake up their strategies. Using HvV tactics combined with GA tactics in a massive chaotic battle was fun and refreshing. You should try it sometime. Boba can be fun and effective.)
  • Dash
    11697 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    Abuuru wrote: »
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    Abuuru wrote: »
    Omniscient wrote: »
    I’ve seen a few posts, now, proclaiming a fear that making HU its own mode will “thin” the GA player pool, leading to empty or partially filled lobbies. Well, ignoring the fact that the lobby issues significantly predated the event, I have to say that the basis for the fear is the entire reason us supporters are here, championing for the mode’s permanent implementation.

    The vast majority have voted that we want this mode to be permanent, as its own option. The fact that a substantial portion of the GA player base will opt to play the alternate mode should be a clear sign of its superiority in providing fast-paced, engaging, exhilarating action.

    To attempt to thwart the permanent rollout because it will draw from the mode that the naysayers wish to keep us confined to will only lead to disappointment...for said naysayers.

    If you choose to join us in HU, you are all welcome to join. However, I think you are misinformed if you believe “no one” will get games. We will. We’ll just be in the mode you are shunning.

    For those that say they’ll quit the game for good if HU is made permanent, all I can say is that is an irrational response. You’re threatening to leave a game because something new is added that a majority want; something that has no impact to your game; something that you are neither required to participate in nor that supplants the mode you currently enjoy.

    Take what you will from this response.

    TLDR;

    When you see players flocking to HU, and find yourself with minimal participation in vanilla GA, do not be afraid. Everything is unfolding as the poll has predicted. Join us.

    Its funny how only the trash players want this game mode. Also where did you get the idea that "majority" of players want HU permanently? From the 100 people that have voted in favor in this poll? That's a great sample size given there are millions of players in battlefront.

    The trash players lol? I think that most of us on the forums score #1 on the regulars. Most casual players won't be on the forums as they probably don't know they exist. Casuals won't care if it is implemented because they know they can either play it, or not. No need to try and insult people when they have differing opinions, and actually enjoy hard pressed battles.

    I'm basing this on my own experience. Out of the 5 close friends who play this game, the 4 who are terrible loved this event because they could finally play with heros.

    Also I read alot of players saying they'll come back to the game if this is implemented, which likely means they haven't played for a while and are probably rusty. I also read quite a few people say they invited their friends, who never really played before to play and they had a blast because they all got heros.

    Current GA creates an atmosphere for "hard pressed" battles that are strategic and require skills and tactics to execute. The atmosphere that HU created was chaotic, uncontrolled and most importantly took all skill/strategy/tactic out of the game.

    Here is a GA match I had last night. It's 6 minutes of non-stop action but is controlled and strategic. You could never do this in HU because you can't play strategically when the enemy team has 8 heros and 4 enforcers out in the first phase.

    [video]

    So yes, the bad players of this game would support HU because they're looking for meaningless, chaotic battles that require zero strategy. If this is what you want, there is nothing wrong with it, you should go find another game that is for players like this, but keep this trash out of battlefront.

    1.If your friends are bad, then that's on them, but you can't say we're bad if we are topping the charts. Also, current Ga might as well be a LS win everytime. the only strategy required is getting Finn and then using Big deal. Toss in a few Wookies and you're never gonna lose.
    2. If they say they'll come back if it's implemented, that means that they played the mode,
    3513j0lmkkh7.png
    Right?
    3. I hoenstly think HU requires more strategy for DS as you gotta keep Finn under lockdown. Sure it's hectic, but it sure beats regular GA, which has turned into LS wins or gets steamrolled every time. Glad your having fun with regular GA, but at this point HU was probably the best mode to date.

    +1.

    I’m a Beast and I want this as a separate mode/option. “Only Trash players want this” :lol:k0yhnpexc5vj.gif

    et1hgwvto6dt.jpeg
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

    "When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon

    Licensed REALTOR®
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif





  • You guys are ridiculous. But funny. Definatly for a laugh. Why can't us "non elitist noobs" just have a game where we can get the Heroes a little easier? Either way in both GA and HUGA theres gonna be officers who just heal, die, hero. Theres no stopping that. I hope in all this discussion Heroes Unleashed comes back. That way I can play and not even read these comments. Lol sorry for being rude
  • Might want to consider some slight tweaking if they made it permanent though.

    Enforcers and Aerials being able to grab Ion Cannons and Missile Launchers would help when a team is assaulting transports.

    Also may want to lower their prices as well.

    Or not.

    I can roll with just about anything.
  • Abuuru wrote: »
    Omniscient wrote: »
    I’ve seen a few posts, now, proclaiming a fear that making HU its own mode will “thin” the GA player pool, leading to empty or partially filled lobbies. Well, ignoring the fact that the lobby issues significantly predated the event, I have to say that the basis for the fear is the entire reason us supporters are here, championing for the mode’s permanent implementation.

    The vast majority have voted that we want this mode to be permanent, as its own option. The fact that a substantial portion of the GA player base will opt to play the alternate mode should be a clear sign of its superiority in providing fast-paced, engaging, exhilarating action.

    To attempt to thwart the permanent rollout because it will draw from the mode that the naysayers wish to keep us confined to will only lead to disappointment...for said naysayers.

    If you choose to join us in HU, you are all welcome to join. However, I think you are misinformed if you believe “no one” will get games. We will. We’ll just be in the mode you are shunning.

    For those that say they’ll quit the game for good if HU is made permanent, all I can say is that is an irrational response. You’re threatening to leave a game because something new is added that a majority want; something that has no impact to your game; something that you are neither required to participate in nor that supplants the mode you currently enjoy.

    Take what you will from this response.

    TLDR;

    When you see players flocking to HU, and find yourself with minimal participation in vanilla GA, do not be afraid. Everything is unfolding as the poll has predicted. Join us.

    Its funny how only the trash players want this game mode. Also where did you get the idea that "majority" of players want HU permanently? From the 100 people that have voted in favor in this poll? That's a great sample size given there are millions of players in battlefront

    I'm not sure the best way to make your point is by calling other players trash. You also run the risk of members not listening to your point of view when you resort to name calling in the first sentence of your argument. Personally I think it's good that Dice is putting together fun events that energize the community and breathes life into the game. However, I enjoy playing infantry and would not want the only large scale infantry mode in the game replaced with HU. A lot of players are expressing interest in making this permanent and I'm glad the devs are taking notice. I don't see any reason why we should get rid of one mode in favor of the other. I'm sure there's a way to accommodate both sides. My vote would be for making it a new and separate game mode and leaving GA as is. It's good to see so many players excited about the game!
Sign In or Register to comment.