criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Forest of Endor

Just get rid of the thermal imploder

Replies

• Add another one
  • It's not that bad. I think the Sonic Imploder is deadlier when thrown at the right moment. (It oulines people for you!)
    It beats the first game where anyone could get the thermal imploder.
  • Empire_TW
    6532 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    It's not that bad. I think the Sonic Imploder is deadlier when thrown at the right moment. (It oulines people for you!)
    It beats the first game where anyone could get the thermal imploder.

In no way shape or form is marking an enemy better then them just getting killed.

The B2's Bottlerocket, the flame trooper's fire [removed], and the DT's glorified flashbang are all pathetic compared to the imploder.
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • YODA100
    1067 posts Member
    Officer’s flash is more effective than Wookie’s imploder.
    That is all.
  • YODA100 wrote: »
    That is all.

Just no
  • Just no
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • My answer is never.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • xjippyx wrote: »
    If they would ever fix the extra blast radius killing you on a 1-3 second delay I wouldn’t mind it as much.

That seems fair.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
    That is all.

Have you played the game? My maxed out flash grenade is nothing compared to an equal level imploded. It’s like a nuclear warhead.
  • Dash
    11641 posts Member
    duvelsuper wrote: »
    Add another one

I read the OP, then saw this first comment and laughed outloud lol! :lol: Glad to see you posting again dude! We missed you around here!
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Taking the most powerful pickup item from the last game and giving it to a cheap, spammable infantry unit that is available on every map and can spam it endlessly was a Good Idea.

Further, letting it's already too fast cooldown get down to like 10 seconds when you stand next to some TRAITOR (or zero seconds if random headset guy tells you to remember the general's words) was also a Good Idea.

Somebody at DICE apparently got a visit from the Good Idea Fairy before they designed the Wookie Warrior.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

• xjippyx wrote: »
    If they would ever fix the extra blast radius killing you on a 1-3 second delay I wouldn’t mind it as much.

That's the most frustrating part for me as well.
    Versatti wrote: »
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.
  • YODA100
    1067 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    YODA100 wrote: »
    That is all.

Have you played the game? My maxed out flash grenade is nothing compared to an equal level imploded. It’s like a nuclear warhead.

People can escape from the imploder faster and takes about 5 secs to explode. The flash on Officer you throw it and it can explode way faster and blind them. Now read this https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121889/flash-grenade-is-spammed-everywhere#latest
  • The flash is sooooo easy to avoid smh the imploded has a HUGE radius. I’ve never had a detonator thrown at me and survive. And I turn tail and book it outta there. It’s less than five seconds
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    If only there was a certain class with a certain star card that can completely negate the Thermal Imploder.

After that, it just requires a few good blasters at your side and down they go.

Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    If only there was a certain class with a certain star card that can completely negate the Thermal Imploder.

OOOOF
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
    KresusFIN wrote: »

Or, also, maybe use the Squad Shield. Maybe run bodyguard, or have a Heavy use Sentry for some damage reduction.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • No.

Why do people always want to take away the fun stuff?
  • Nope leave it, enjoyed it in the first and love it in this. Just miss the old explosion effects. Agree the death delay can be annoying but no need to remove it.
  • Ppong_Man12
    2736 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Personally love the thermal, though this one is a 2rd rate copy of the one in15. 15s sounded better, looked more dramatic, and gave a warning like sound when incoming. This one u just die and it says killed by thermal imploded half the time.

Anyway it’s supposed to be powerful, imo blame the map design and high number of special units in a small confined bottleneck area. I seldom if ever get killed by thermals.
  • lets just remove everything! if we dont have anything then nothing to complain about!
  • No Way! I love lobbing a TI into a bunch of troopers then hearing ding ding ding,, its like i won on the pokies. lol
    Need my scanner fixed please
    That is all.

Just no

Ok so the flash bang is the 2nd most powerful grenade in the game.

As for removing the TI, no.
    #StarWars-y