criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

How to upgrade a CPU

Hey!
So a little background on my pc first...
Intel core 1700 CPU(sounds rigt, can verify this).
Have been playing Battlefront, no issues.

I do not meet minimum BF2 requirements. But I have no issues. However, I am contemplating BFV, (in addition to BF2, not leaving) but do not want to do anything if it will not work... That said, I want to upgrade my CPU, and I was wondering if I could do this online through intel or not. I realise this is not tech support, but I figure people have experience. Also feel free to tell me if I am wasting my time, but did not want to look into it too much only to not be able to get it. The max I want to spend upgrading is $20, so no new pc.
@Dash @IronSoldier @FreakyCrawdad @GenxDarchi @Carbonic @IIPrest0nII
34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
Threads Want
I want...
El-16HFE rof buff
Engineer class
OOM-9
Dual pistols
Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
Umbara
Utapau
Heavy/Light vehicle classes
Dwarf spider droid
Homing Spider Droid
Snail Tank
Saber tank
RO Jedha tank
Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
RO season

Replies

• Dash
    11615 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Hey!

I do not meet minimum BF2 requirements. But I have no issues. However, I am contemplating BFV, (in addition to BF2, not leaving) but do not want to do anything if it will not work... That said, I want to upgrade my CPU, and I was wondering if I could do this online through intel or not. I realise this is not tech support, but I figure people have experience. Also feel free to tell me if I am wasting my time, but did not want to look into it too much only to not be able to get it. The max I want to spend upgrading is $20, so no new pc.

First and foremost, Make 100% Sure whatever CPU you want to upgrade to matches the Socket type for the Mobo. For example, If You had an I-5 4690k (Socket 1150), you would be able to upgrade to an I-7 4790k (Also Socket 1150). However, you cannot upgrade the CPU if it doesn't match the mother board socket type. So basically, if you upgrade, make sure it matches the socket type, because if it doesn't, you will then most likely have to buy a motherboard to match the socket type of your new upgrade, and in some extreme cases, if the gen is older from what you're upgrading from, also new Ram as well (DDR3 - DDR4).

Also upgrading a CPU isn't about updating it software wise, if you want to upgrade it, it's gonna be costly. Just letting you know.

This page should help:

https://pcpartpicker.com/
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Dash wrote: »
    Hey!

First and foremost, Make 100% Sure whatever CPU you want to upgrade to matches the Socket type for the Mobo. For example, If You had an I-5 4690k (Socket 1150), you would be able to upgrade to an I-7 4790k (Also Socket 1150). However, you cannot upgrade the CPU if it doesn't match the mother board socket type. So basically, if you upgrade, make sure it matches the socket type, because if it doesn't, you will then most likely have to buy a motherboard to match the socket type of your new upgrade, and in some extreme cases, if the gen is older from what you're upgrading from, also new Ram as well (DDR3 - DDR4).

This page should help:

Thank you!
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • Dash
    11615 posts Member
    Dash wrote: »
    Hey!

This page should help:

Thank you!

No problem, anytime. :)
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif