criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Strange new Auto-back-turning towards enemy. Bug or intended?

I don't remember this being always there. When did it start? When playing as a villain and I am pushed by Luke or Yoda; on recovery I now end up with my back turned towards them... and they can dash in and wallop me in the back until dead. Never remember it doing this before. Plus I've noted it when spawning back in as a trooper in GA, Blast, Strike and even Ewok Hunt I think.... that I spawn facing the POV camera...ie my back turned to the action. So if I spawn in amongst a group of enemy players I am promptly stomped without any means of defense. I've also noted an inability to react if I am being stomped... I just get bludgeoned into the ground with no hope of responding until the opposition creates a split second break in the attack....then I "might" be able to get off an ability move. I don't remember it ever being this way. There even seems to be a delay in applying an ability after being struck repeatedly. Anyone else have this?

Replies

• DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    Weird. Sounds like a bug, unless this is when spawning on your squad in which case it's because you spawn facing the same direction as the player you spawn on.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • Perhaps...I will have to pay even more attention during squad spawning. But it doesn't explain the Ewok or especially the hero/villain back turn after a push/unleash? Anyone else?
  • LOL I thought this thread was about Kylo Ren frenzying everyone BUT the person you're looking at/intending to.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • As a simple test -- choose any villain and go up against Yoda for example --- and note how your character lands after an unleash. Facing you? Then try a villain against Luke....
  • F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Tigzee wrote: »
    As a simple test -- choose any villain and go up against Yoda for example --- and note how your character lands after an unleash. Facing you? Then try a villain against Luke....

I did one in arcade:
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• Tigzee
    182 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Interesting... thank you... Conclusion? Undiscernable? Indetermined? Or a mixed bag of maybe? Kind of flukey maybe? Perhaps I got a lot of bad landings one after the other...sort of a lottery...Maybe I just kept getting 5 numbers plus the bonus ball !!! :D I wil have to try it in multipayer again today. Cheers comrade.
  • Tigzee wrote: »
    Interesting... thank you... Conclusion? Undiscernable? Indetermined? Or a mixed bag of maybe?

Yes.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget