criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Forest of Endor

EOR Matchmaking Test, Strike and Blast

Replies

• I’m gonna play star fighter assault all day today and I hope I’ll be able to get the tremendous service challenge ... it’s been glitched for me for forever
  • 420KingOnyx
    22 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    [removed] is this
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • It just puts you in half empty lobb7es and lets you wait forever for a new game
  • Worst weekend of playing ever @F8RGE Please dump whatever you are doing and revert Battlefront 2 back to what it was a week ago. I cannot get a game for being thrown out ....in every game!! Has taken me all day to try and complete Daily Challenges. Utterly bizarre. Fortnite and Alien Isolation are working perfectly playable. But not SWBF2. Abysmal matchmakimg experiment. I hope we get a good bonus or XP weekend to make up for this shambles.
  • please, stop!
  • This is terrible.

First game of Hero Starfighters - decent game but we win 3-nil; matchmaking kicks me to a half empty lobby. Wait there for 5 minutes. Never fills up.

Leave and do a new search. Close game which we loose 3-2. Guess what? I'm then matchmade into a completely empty lobby that never fills up.

This is ridiculous...
  • nytrousboy
    7 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    2 days and I have only been able to play 3 matches on PC by following a friend who was already in the match, after the match it puts me in an empty server (after the match that was full), Trying to join puts me in an empty server every time. How about we just leave the matchmaking alone and can it, newbies can level their way up the old fashion way by getting their butts kicked just like I did and most everyone else here..
    Post edited by nytrousboy on
  • Chico
    446 posts Member
    Aaaaargh. Why won't you just let me play this game Dice/EA??? Please stop Beta testing on the weekend.
  • empty lobby again. i don't play that often. i'd say about 50% of the time empty lobby. that's probably being generous.
  • And if I can't even play one match because the lag is so bad? I hate saying negatives about a game I love but this *****. Well done for Ruining my Saturday night gaming session. Note to self: next time go to the pub
  • Loved it @F8RGE, but it still needs a bit of tweaking. It will still put me into some pretty uneven matches. But it is on the road to improvement.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • starwarsgamer999
    264 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Turn it off!
    Post edited by starwarsgamer999 on
  • It seems to be "working" for me. Lobbies are filling up. Games are fun. The load time though. "Finding galactic assault" definitely takes longer than the normal loading of the next map.
  • 90owmkceefze.jpg
    dybl4eeadr1w.jpg

my night trying to play
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • it's probably broken for people who plays "out of region" servers, with higher than normal ping, because their own region has no games going. please fix this!
  • nytrousboy
    7 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    it's probably broken for people who plays "out of region" servers, with higher than normal ping, because their own region has no games going. please fix this!

No, I'm in the U.S. using default and Virginia, still cant get a game!
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • Why is it still happening on Extraction?

Well at least we were already used to playing the same maps over and over.
  • zXYlkMY.png

• I have just had my first EOR Matchmaking experience in Blast, and let me give you a rundown:
    • Maps: Endor (Rebel), Hoth (Empire), Mos Eisley (Rebel), Endor (Empire).
    • Wait Time For Enough Players To Join: First Match Start/full lobby, Second Match 3 needed/a few seconds, Third Match 1 needed/less than one second, Forth Match: 7,then 8, then 6, then none/a few minutes (4:53-4:57. Happens on rare occasions without matchmaking).
    • Balance: First Match Unknown (I forgot)/probably close, Second Match Rebel Victory/remaining units in the 50 range, Third Match Rebel Victory/remaining units in the 70 range (I'd say this was the worst match, since I could barely find any kills), Forth Match Rebel Victory/remaining units in the 60 range.
    Aside from the last one, I haven't had long wait times, and only one match I would consider truly bad (ironically the one I remember us winning).
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Played an hour of HvV tonight, wasn't the Dark Side once. I loved Heroes Unleashed, love having no spawn timer, but please Matchmaking? Forget it, just give up. Really, we won't be mad at you.
  • MillSmit wrote: »
    Played an hour of HvV tonight, wasn't the Dark Side once. I loved Heroes Unleashed, love having no spawn timer, but please Matchmaking? Forget it, just give up. Really, we won't be mad at you.

I dislike EOR MM as much as anyone. It's so bad, there's no need to over exaggerate.
    EOR MM only kicks in after playing both side of a map. The only way you never played as dark side is if you kept quitting.
    Versatti wrote: »
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.
  • MCA26
    177 posts Member
    Just played a great game of GA only to be matchmaked to a partly empty server afterwards. Sigh.
    Played an hour of HvV tonight, wasn't the Dark Side once. I loved Heroes Unleashed, love having no spawn timer, but please Matchmaking? Forget it, just give up. Really, we won't be mad at you.

I dislike EOR MM as much as anyone. It's so bad, there's no need to over exaggerate.
    EOR MM only kicks in after playing both side of a map. The only way you never played as dark side is if you kept quitting.

Actually it can give you a couple of matches in a row with the same side, if you join a lobby that already played one round on this map then matchmaking happens and puts you in a another lobby which also already could have played one round on that map.
    Only happend to me twice maybe 3 times in a row if it keeps happening more often then i guess its just extremely bad luck.
  • empty lobby
  • MM has made it worse, every game I'm in now is imbalanced, not sure why. some pro vs a team of 6 year olds who are running around 10 miles away from the OBJ
  • and empty lobby again.
  • also Finn undercover team is not revealing enemies @F8RGE
  • thelasteverjedi
    1575 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    so far about 50% empty lobby at an estimate. from AU. PC.
  • It's terrible!

Why, oh why can't you just shuffle the players after every map?
  • bfloo
    15839 posts Member
    I think @NavarDerth wants team scramble...
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

Actually it can give you a couple of matches in a row with the same side, if you join a lobby that already played one round on this map then matchmaking happens and puts you in a another lobby which also already could have played one round on that map.
    Only happend to me twice maybe 3 times in a row if it keeps happening more often then i guess its just extremely bad luck.

I apologise if I over exagerated, I didnt realise I was. I am having trouble thinking straight as I just returned from being at the hospital where my wife was being induced, plus cazy traffic back (2 busses) and I was just killing time before checking on my son's bloods. Just my brief impressions, sorry if I got it wrong.
  • bfloo
    15839 posts Member
    MillSmit wrote: »

I apologise if I over exagerated, I didnt realise I was. I am having trouble thinking straight as I just returned from being at the hospital where my wife was being induced, plus cazy traffic back (2 busses) and I was just killing time before checking on my son's bloods. Just my brief impressions, sorry if I got it wrong.

Congrats on your new son :)

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

Thank you, it's a girl. She's not out yet,soon though :)

Congrats on your daughter!
    I was actually agreeing with you, what you said is possible, just unlucky
  • This is beyond ridiculous. I have so far managed one game in ga where I haven't frozen then been kicked for various error numbers. The slow internet might affect your gameplay logo is almost always in the top corner.(my internet is fine thanks)

The one match I did play was so unbalanced second phase of takadana I was in first place with 3 kills, the other team where all in double figures for the top 8 or so players.

Ps4 europe all ping sites.

Also imo matchmaking was never that much of an issue anyway. Sometimes in HvH but that's more of an issue with the target system. Matches aren't always fair.life isn't always fair. Git gud
  • bfloo
    15839 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

Thank you, it's a girl. She's not out yet,soon though :)

Oops! COngrats on daddy's lil girl!

h846398gb27k.png

• Please turn off matchmaking and give up on it. It’s a terrible solution to a problem which didn’t exist anyway. So what if one team is better than another in a round it two. It usually evens out anyway. And it’s often down to one or two key players who are experts with heroes (or players forming formal squads themselves, rather the overall make up of the full team members.
  • Ricardowuk wrote: »
    Please turn off matchmaking and give up on it. It’s a terrible solution to a problem which didn’t exist anyway. So what if one team is better than another in a round it two. It usually evens out anyway. And it’s often down to one or two key players who are experts with heroes (or players forming formal squads themselves, rather the overall make up of the full team members.

Nail on the head sir
  • I don't think it's a step in the right direction because it appears to be server shuffling with no weight put on score, K/D etc.
    Example:
    I played HvV in a group of 3 with one random. Smashed the other team two rounds.
    1 guy on their team was a known gamer who is very good, 2 of his team mates admitted to just purchasing the game.
    Matchmaking happens.
    Our random was replaced by the very good gamer from before and one of the "noobs" from before was on the enemy team.
    Obviously it couldn't split up our group of three, but there's no way the only good player on their team should have been put on our team if this was actual matchmaking and not just a server shuffle.
    That's why I think it should just be team shuffle instead of this so you at least can stay in a populated server with the same map rotation.
    The odds of it creating balance would be just as likely without all the headache of populating new servers and playing the same two maps over and over.
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.

• I apologise if I over exagerated, I didnt realise I was. I am having trouble thinking straight as I just returned from being at the hospital where my wife was being induced, plus cazy traffic back (2 busses) and I was just killing time before checking on my son's bloods. Just my brief impressions, sorry if I got it wrong.[/quote]

Congrats on your daughter!
    I was actually agreeing with you, what you said is possible, just unlucky [/quote]

Thank you still at the hospital!
    As a matter of fact, I kind of realised I was wrong and did quit after the rounds because there was no other way to check on the progress on the daily challenge.

• Just played Light Side four times in a row on hero Showdown...not cool🙄
  • Not having too bad of issues. A little longer between games. Seems like less steam rolls lately.
  • Mouthrax
    522 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Why are you testing at the expense of your playerbase?

This test has completely broken the game, a game that was far from working before if we're completely honest.

I think this weekends farce has been the last straw for me, I have no urge to play it at all.

The game when running well is full of exploits, glitches, unnecessary nerfs and lag, now we have 'testing' that breaks the game.

If this game wasn't Star Wars the players would have moved on a long time ago.
  • I don't think it's a step in the right direction because it appears to be server shuffling with no weight put on score, K/D etc.
    Example:
    I played HvV in a group of 3 with one random. Smashed the other team two rounds.
    1 guy on their team was a known gamer who is very good, 2 of his team mates admitted to just purchasing the game.
    Matchmaking happens.
    Our random was replaced by the very good gamer from before and one of the "noobs" from before was on the enemy team.
    Obviously it couldn't split up our group of three, but there's no way the only good player on their team should have been put on our team if this was actual matchmaking and not just a server shuffle.
    That's why I think it should just be team shuffle instead of this so you at least can stay in a populated server with the same map rotation.
    The odds of it creating balance would be just as likely without all the headache of populating new servers and playing the same two maps over and over.

Lol smash. ...but you were in communication. ...so would you be okay if the shuffle split up your premade?
    Example:
    Matchmaking happens.

Lol smash. ...but you were in communication. ...so would you be okay if the shuffle split up your premade?

I think you're missing the point.
    I'm not bragging about smashing a team with two literal noobs. I'm explaining why this isn't matchmaking, it's server shuffle.
    It isn't matchmaking because it took the best player (a known, really good player) FROM their team and put him with a premade (of players that would have pretty good stats). Instead of the two guys who just purchased the game (who would not have good stats because they are new)

It isn't basing "matchmaking" on anything, obviously. It's just random.

Not to dodge your question, No I would not be okay with splitting up premades. Why wouldn't I want to play with friends?
  • Knight_of_Onions
    469 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Every game I've played today has been a steamroll. No map has reached the final phase out of 8 rounds.
    There is no way this is nothing other than random server shuffle with no weight put on stats of any kind.

The bad thing is, it does no good to quit and find a new team because if you find a decently competent team, you will get shuffled after one round.

What a waste of resources this has been.

Edit - I let it MM me every time, ALL 8 rounds were either Jakku or Takodana, so that part doesn't work either.
    /sigh
  • anytime matchmaking happens it either kick you to the menu or puts you in an empty server please just remove this garbage until you can fix it the game is near unplayable only time you can play is when the matchmaking stuff has not kicked in.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • I don't understand the new server thing.

Matches don't conclude at the same time.

So why put people into different empty servers???

Why not keep, shuffle, and kick groups if they so wish to be together (give them an option).