criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

EOR Matchmaking Test, Strike and Blast

Replies

• Old_fella_1963
    4697 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I don't think it's a step in the right direction because it appears to be server shuffling with no weight put on score, K/D etc.
    Example:
    I played HvV in a group of 3 with one random. Smashed the other team two rounds.
    1 guy on their team was a known gamer who is very good, 2 of his team mates admitted to just purchasing the game.
    Matchmaking happens.
    Our random was replaced by the very good gamer from before and one of the "noobs" from before was on the enemy team.
    Obviously it couldn't split up our group of three, but there's no way the only good player on their team should have been put on our team if this was actual matchmaking and not just a server shuffle.
    That's why I think it should just be team shuffle instead of this so you at least can stay in a populated server with the same map rotation.
    The odds of it creating balance would be just as likely without all the headache of populating new servers and playing the same two maps over and over.

Lol smash. ...but you were in communication. ...so would you be okay if the shuffle split up your premade?

I think you're missing the point.
    I'm not bragging about smashing a team with two literal noobs. I'm explaining why this isn't matchmaking, it's server shuffle.
    It isn't matchmaking because it took the best player (a known, really good player) FROM their team and put him with a premade (of players that would have pretty good stats). Instead of the two guys who just purchased the game (who would not have good stats because they are new)

It isn't basing "matchmaking" on anything, obviously. It's just random.

Not to dodge your question, No I would not be okay with splitting up premades. Why wouldn't I want to play with friends?

The #1 issue with the MM is that in small modes is does not break up premades ...you are kidding yourself if any balance will be achieved especially with squad mechanic. There is just no challenge playing small modes in a premade against silo random...even the useless pizzzed up guy in the group can call out for his team
  • empty server
  • VaperEyes
    640 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I don't think it's a step in the right direction because it appears to be server shuffling with no weight put on score, K/D etc.
    That's why I think it should just be team shuffle instead of this so you at least can stay in a populated server with the same map rotation.
    I've seen this repeated in several threads and couldn't agree more... Most players want to stay on a full server until they get to a map they're not interested in / bad lag / sound short / or its just bedtime
    I've been in some really close games and didn't care about the defeat bc the other team simply had a better strategy - I consider that a proper match-making.
    ***Then the alien spaceship arrives and sucks up 35 players to the phantom zone... I quit and get sent to OZ with Dorthy, Leo, and Tin-Can Billy... If I remember this fairy tale correctly - Dorthy has to click her heals to get back to her home server (nope, still stuck in OZ)***
  • I don't think it's a step in the right direction because it appears to be server shuffling with no weight put on score, K/D etc.
    Example:
    I played HvV in a group of 3 with one random. Smashed the other team two rounds.
    1 guy on their team was a known gamer who is very good, 2 of his team mates admitted to just purchasing the game.
    Matchmaking happens.
    Our random was replaced by the very good gamer from before and one of the "noobs" from before was on the enemy team.
    Obviously it couldn't split up our group of three, but there's no way the only good player on their team should have been put on our team if this was actual matchmaking and not just a server shuffle.
    The odds of it creating balance would be just as likely without all the headache of populating new servers and playing the same two maps over and over.

Lol smash. ...but you were in communication. ...so would you be okay if the shuffle split up your premade?

I'm not bragging about smashing a team with two literal noobs. I'm explaining why this isn't matchmaking, it's server shuffle.
    It isn't matchmaking because it took the best player (a known, really good player) FROM their team and put him with a premade (of players that would have pretty good stats). Instead of the two guys who just purchased the game (who would not have good stats because they are new)

Not to dodge your question, No I would not be okay with splitting up premades. Why wouldn't I want to play with friends?

The #1 issue with the MM is that in small modes is does not break up premades ...you are kidding yourself if any balance will be achieved especially with squad mechanic. There is just no challenge playing small modes in a premade against silo random...even the useless pizzzed up guy in the group can call out for his team

This has nothing to do with premades. You're focusing on the wrong part of my post.

My only point:
    This. Is. Not. Matchmaking.
    This. Is. Server. Shuffle.
    Versatti wrote: »
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.

• Why not keep, shuffle, and kick groups if they so wish to be together (give them an option).

I keep seeing this. Why would you have to kick groups to shuffle?
    Why wouldn't it treat them like 4 players?
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.
  • kritta83
    49 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    avmav wrote: »
    It's not putting us into new servers after rounds is it???

Seems it is, and it's ridiculous, at the end of every GA run i've played this weekend i've been put into a half empty lobby, you can't tell me that 40 odd people just bailed post-game, most new searches I get put into empty lobbies or lobbies with 4-6 people, I wait around for 15minutes and everyone eventually leaves, so much wasted time spent going into empty lobbies. The only way i've been able to get into semi-full games is by joining on rando's I have in the community to bypass the 3 empty lobbies the server browser tries to put me in first.
    Not too mention why are the maps being repeated!? is it because of this new matchmaking system we keep getting thrown into new server lineups? all i've played all weekend is Naboo...Kashyyyk...Jakku...Naboo...Kashyyyk...Jakku (in whatever order they appear)
    {MOD EDIT: LANGUAGE}
    Post edited by F03hammer on
  • Rotate the population on each server after each planet. Having it search for a new "room" after each match is a waste of time. You screwed loading times now as we have to wait to find new server then wait ti load. When you talked about it you made it sound like it would just mix up those on server and continue playlist, not search for a new map after each planet.
  • bs3ut3o9lce6.jpg
    M/M or an asteroid smashing through the window... I would personally like to take my chances in the asteroid field... at least I'll know the odds
    Yes, this thread is getting brutal. Why? Because you gave this community a beautiful - all out - battle royale last weekend with "Unlimited Power". Heroes and villians jumping otta the screen (and now we know why)...
  • Terrible if you play Blast or Strike. So many people don't understand to stick around and the server empties. If all the EOR did was scramble the team, and message reflected as much, people would stay.
  • SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Should have done this some other weekend instead of this weekend, tired of the new trilogy maps, they are such trash, only decent one is Starkiller base and crait. Like honestly I wanna play clone wars and have quick spawning but only be able to play clone wars for 1 day of the weekend is extremely bad.

Keep the quick spawning and LET ME PLAY ALL THE MAPS! you cant do a Clone Wars only playlist but you can make New trilogy only maps for the last day?? Come on DICE please.
  • New_Roosterman
    531 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    The response to this test has been overwhelmingly negative. For further proof check out the 180+ comments on it over on the SWBF2 Reddit -

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/9niy09/eor_matchmaking_strike_and_blast/
    Post edited by New_Roosterman on
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • Turn it off already and bin this crap, you don't need three days to tell you this matchmaking 'experiment' has been an abysmal failure. Long waiting time in the lobby, getting thrown into empty games...what almost everyone has been telling you so far.
  • Devs turns weekend into beta testing EOR MM with only 4 maps each day and then cuts off all communication ignoring the pleas of players to end the madness. I for one did not buy this game to beta test. EOR MM is horrible. Map rotation effectively does not work with it.

Spent 80% of my time playing one map on Saturday: Yavin. Played Endor 4 times in a row. Got only one game of Hoth and one on Deathstar.
  • Played Galactic Assault on Day 2.
    Played a few times on Yavin 4 (my favorite map) which was nice.
    Waiting minutes for the matchmaking to kick in and then more minutes for the empty room to fill in (I was always the first one in) was not nice.
    Please optimize.
  • The trial is STILL going! :'( For love of God, make it stop. Had I known I would not have played.

I played Heroes v Villains on Kashyyk. We started as the Rebels. My team had a rage quitter very early, and my team was down to 3 players v 4. Someone joined mid-match when we were down to 3 to their 7 remaining. They beat us in the end 1-0. We went to start again, but 2 of our team quit, but we quickly got replacements joining. We played as the
    Villains and won 9-0. So at the end of the 2nd time through on Kashyyk this is what the scoreboard showed -

4djebsowbpk6.png

So the matchmaking kicked in. I did nothing. It then moved us all on. Where did I wind up? On a server on my lonesome requiring 7 players to continue. Gee thanks for nothing -_-

Please turn this thing off and never bring it back in any way, shape, or form. I predict DICE if you bring in this EOR system you will kill off this game for good as no one will want to play it at all.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • Fuzzgutzn
    3 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I play on the US servers day time and Australian servers in the evening.

The matchmaking is not ideal and certainly has room for improvement.

I am not saying i like the way it works, it is plain frustrating at time.

The main issue is the general population does not want to wait in a lobby for a new match, this is more so on the Australian servers and i would take a guess it would be the same on the servers with a smaller population.

If people would wait for 5-10 minutes on the lower populated servers a match will start. Sadly no one has patience. Which i can understand as it is frustrating to have to find a server all over again. Most people leave and reque until they can get into a full match.

I do not have any issue with GA in the US servers in prime time. Matches fill up fast. The only delay is the search for new maps. But i do have issue with repeating the same map over and over again.

So...........

If EA does want to make this work, why not just lower the amount of people required to start a match?

The things i don't understand;
    Why does it take so long to find another match? Shouldn't it on take like a few seconds. You split the teams. If you really have to split the teams why not just make it so each split continues on the same map rotation. If new players que there are two matches going that need 20 people each. Everyone wins and no one waits.
    Really though you cant keep splinting every new map. You are fragmenting the servers and i would assume there loads of servers that are not full enough to start the match, driving players away. You can always shuffle the players as a second option.

Also is there no priority on filling servers that don't have enough people to start the match? If there are two servers going and one server has at least 30 players with a match in progress, why not fill the empty server first? It may stop people leaving and requing until they can get a full server.
    Post edited by Fuzzgutzn on
  • agree, yup, im sure this is a big part of getting battlefield5 perfect.

i tried a game of blast this morning, stupid timer and the matchmake is still there and not working.

quitting a game right b4 it ends and restating another game might be a quicker option? -someone do a test of which is quicker to get in a game.
  • Please don't tell me this is still going on...
  • I only played a very little bit of GA on the weekend. Started with in progress map of Naboo where as the attacking team we could not even start the second phase in which after our defeat, EoR MM occurred. Starting fresh on Kashyyyk as the defending clones and we were obliterated. The last two stages took maybe 90sec in all for the other team to capture. As the attacking team, they took out the MTT with time to spare (Earliest victory I've ever seen). As with the quick spawn and the EoR MM just seemed to exaggerate unbalanced matches, I spent the rest of the weekend enjoying my Odyssey in Assasin's Creed.
  • Old_fella_1963
    4697 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Example:
    Matchmaking happens.

This has nothing to do with premades. You're focusing on the wrong part of my post.

My only point:

I understand ...but the core of the WE experiment was Matchmaking and ReMatching at EOR. I am not posting specifically to your post but the thread. All us experienced players know the skill based MM lauded by the MI A Dennis was a selling ploy - they maybe be doing something and it is just pants

For your basic player match making is all they want to understand . In their world it means finding a game mode that has the best team balance given available pool of online players ( and filters for a Browser set up ) . So I will be like a dog with a bone and say that pre-mades are the biggest block to good MM ( where DICE does not offer private match alternatives ) . I've played many hours as a premade within a 350 strong worldwide 'clan' . I know that a group can be split between sides - that is also FUN and entertaining. EOR Server Shuffle should split a pre-made or at least let Solos see when a pre-made is in their lobby and they can decide to stay or leave. It's not Okay to let pre-mades Seal Club the other team in small modes. Joe Casual cannot spot pre-mades
  • AstroCreep
    156 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Why are the prequal maps always the starting maps? Same problem before the EOR test weekend.
    But the new EOR matchmaking works becouse teams are way more balanced now, wich is way more fun.
    Post edited by AstroCreep on
  • I don't think it's a step in the right direction because it appears to be server shuffling with no weight put on score, K/D etc.
    Example:
    Matchmaking happens.

My only point:

I understand ...but the core of the WE experiment was Matchmaking and ReMatching at EOR. I am not posting specifically to your post but the thread. All us experienced players know the skill based MM lauded by the MI A Dennis was a selling ploy - they maybe be doing something and it is just pants

For your basic player match making is all they want to understand . In their world it means finding a game mode that has the best team balance given available pool of online players ( and filters for a Browser set up ) . So I will be like a dog with a bone and say that pre-mades are the biggest block to good MM ( where DICE does not offer private match alternatives ) . I've played many hours as a premade within a 350 strong worldwide 'clan' . I know that a group can be split between sides - that is also FUN and entertaining. EOR Server Shuffle should split a pre-made or at least let Solos see when a pre-made is in their lobby and they can decide to stay or leave. It's not Okay to let pre-mades Seal Club the other team in small modes. Joe Casual cannot spot pre-mades

I agrree with all of that. And I would be fine with splitting premades, as long as it's within the same match and it didn't server shuffle.
    But none of that is what we're getting. We're getting the Walmart version of all that.
  • I'm thinking the Devs are elitists who think they are smarter than the entire community. While they fail to explain the rationale behind this continued match making fiasco there is a huge outcry for it to stop. This is not the game I bought. They can't beta test this outside this live environment because they know the end product would be an utter failure. Let the players choose when they think teams are unbalanced (as they have all along). This weekend testing has done nothing to fix that. It has only created a community of players who are really beginning to despise the developers. If the developers are in fact not trying to sabotage this game then listen to your consumers and do the right thing. Shut this farce of a match making tool off forever or explain the real rationale behind why you appear to be destroying all interest in this game. Who wants to play the same maps over and over, while waiting extended periods between matches and no idea where you are going to land (okay, probably the same place you just left) with no idea who you'll be playing with (okay, same guys slightly reshuffled)--NO ONE!!!!
  • 420KingOnyx
    22 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    greedo1980 wrote: »

I'll wager it was never about improving the game for us.
    EA give up stop what you're doing and just delete battlefront 2

• AstroCreep wrote: »
    Why are the prequal maps always the starting maps? Same problem before the EOR test weekend.
    But the new EOR matchmaking works becouse teams are way more balanced now, wich is way more fun.

If you hit the home screen tile, it is a special one designed to search for prequel games first. Go through multiplayer screen to search normally.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • Chill EliteOnyx and almost everyone else, matchmaking has actually been much better on pc. What is the exact problem you are having, anyways? Community complains when there is no EOR matchmaking, then complains when they get it.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season

• I understand ...but the core of the WE experiment was Matchmaking and ReMatching at EOR. I am not posting specifically to your post but the thread. All us experienced players know the skill based MM lauded by the MI A Dennis was a selling ploy - they maybe be doing something and it is just pants

Something else that just hit me.
    Playing on PC there are a few well known premades that just wreck shop every lobby.
    Despite also being in a clan, I solo que a lot. Not really a fan of pub stomping over and over.
    If I come into a lobby with one of the super groups, I can just leave and find a new lobby. They will stay in that lobby all night, and I don't have to deal with them.

With the new system, I can't really escape that group because I will get placed against them again. This goes for small scale and large scale modes.

And I know from experience that you can still have at least 10 people in a group and stay together through EOR MM. You don't get to be in a squad with them, but that doesn't really matter.
  • PA14h8sMM wrote: »
    I'm thinking the Devs are elitists who think they are smarter than the entire community. While they fail to explain the rationale behind this continued match making fiasco there is a huge outcry for it to stop. This is not the game I bought. They can't beta test this outside this live environment because they know the end product would be an utter failure. Let the players choose when they think teams are unbalanced (as they have all along). This weekend testing has done nothing to fix that. It has only created a community of players who are really beginning to despise the developers. If the developers are in fact not trying to sabotage this game then listen to your consumers and do the right thing. Shut this farce of a match making tool off forever or explain the real rationale behind why you appear to be destroying all interest in this game. Who wants to play the same maps over and over, while waiting extended periods between matches and no idea where you are going to land (okay, probably the same place you just left) with no idea who you'll be playing with (okay, same guys slightly reshuffled)--NO ONE!!!!

Same maps are not always played over and over. You typically just get 2 rounds, occasionally the map is randomly selected again. Still fun. Also, the few people who come on the forums and continuously complain about this do not represent the entire community. But your opinions still matter, do not get me wrong. But do not assume that 15 people represent the community, but people are more motivated to post negative feedback than positive feedback in general. You need to read between the lines, not just use the reviews at your disposal.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • 420KingOnyx
    22 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Chill EliteOnyx and almost everyone else, matchmaking has actually been much better on pc. What is the exact problem you are having, anyways? Community complains when there is no EOR matchmaking, then complains when they get it.

Problem: match made from full server that i didn't mind, to a completely empty server. They gave us the opposite of what we wanted, which i guess was balance? I didn't ask for anything from EA. especially not an extra 10 minutes between matches.

• UnknownGamer
    1928 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Chill EliteOnyx and almost everyone else, matchmaking has actually been much better on pc. What is the exact problem you are having, anyways? Community complains when there is no EOR matchmaking, then complains when they get it.

Problem: match made from full server that i didn't mind, to a completely empty server. They gave us the opposite of what we wanted, which i guess was balance? I didn't ask for anything from EA. especially not an extra 10 minutes between matches.

OK, what system? Maybe they different ones for different systems/servers. I use PC. But yeah, that would be annoying. But I feel like the devs could use this info much more effectively.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • DaxStorm
    570 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    PA14h8sMM wrote: »
    I'm thinking the Devs are elitists who think they are smarter than the entire community. While they fail to explain the rationale behind this continued match making fiasco there is a huge outcry for it to stop. This is not the game I bought. They can't beta test this outside this live environment because they know the end product would be an utter failure. Let the players choose when they think teams are unbalanced (as they have all along). This weekend testing has done nothing to fix that. It has only created a community of players who are really beginning to despise the developers. If the developers are in fact not trying to sabotage this game then listen to your consumers and do the right thing. Shut this farce of a match making tool off forever or explain the real rationale behind why you appear to be destroying all interest in this game. Who wants to play the same maps over and over, while waiting extended periods between matches and no idea where you are going to land (okay, probably the same place you just left) with no idea who you'll be playing with (okay, same guys slightly reshuffled)--NO ONE!!!!

Same maps are not always played over and over. You typically just get 2 rounds, occasionally the map is randomly selected again. Still fun. Also, the few people who come on the forums and continuously complain about this do not represent the entire community. But your opinions still matter, do not get me wrong. But do not assume that 15 people represent the community, but people are more motivated to post negative feedback than positive feedback in general. You need to read between the lines, not just use the reviews at your disposal.

I think they’re referring to the limited maps in rotation over this weekend, although the mm has given me the same map four times in a row this time and last time round it was seven, so it’s getting better! ;)
  • UnknownGamer wrote: »
    » Show Previous Quotes

I think they’re referring to the limited maps in rotation over this weekend, although the mm has given me the same map four times in a row this time and last time round it was seven, so it’s getting better! ;)

UnknownGamer is right...I never post but have been so discouraged in the continuous weekend testing (and now that appears to carry over into the rest of the week) with a very limited number of maps (max 4). I don't use a PC for my game play, and other than weekends, the full rotation of maps is available and time between matches is minimal. He is also correct in that I don't speak for everybody, nor do these other posts. Maybe there are issues at some locations on some devices that need improvement, probably there is a grand scheme I have no clue about, but for me--game play has greatly deteriorated. But on a positive note, I now have time to grab some lunch, catch up on my emails and post to this forum between matches.
    Example:
    Matchmaking happens.

My only point:

I agrree with all of that. And I would be fine with splitting premades, as long as it's within the same match and it didn't server shuffle.
    But none of that is what we're getting. We're getting the Walmart version of all that.

"We're getting the Walmart version of all that." ... Lol but at least their products are on a shelf and you can see what you are paying for first

Server Shuffle? do you think they try to start up a mode at another data centre or is the inclusion of another out of region high ping player the cause of the lag that was not there in the previous round. Its the lag in another rmap that annoys me the most - 2/3 shots to kill before then 5+ !!!
  • Chico
    443 posts Member
    So, I only want to play naboo and kamino, is that what you think?

Today:

GA, reasonably balanced match on theed.
    EOR MM to Kamino. Horribly one-sided.
    EOR back to Theed - quit
    One enjoyable round on Tatooine, EOR to Kamino - quit
    3 or 4 attempts to find a lobby, all Kamino or Theed.
    Eventually get Kashyyyy, one OK round, EOR sent to naboo - quit.

When is this terrible system going to be removed?
  • Chill EliteOnyx and almost everyone else, matchmaking has actually been much better on pc. What is the exact problem you are having, anyways? Community complains when there is no EOR matchmaking, then complains when they get it.

It kind of works for the US server's in prime time. Game fills and starts quick.

For people in the lower populated regions (like australia), Most time you are put into a server with not enough people to start the match, people get impatient then leave. After 10 minutes of waiting still no game and you have to leave the server and re-que to start again.
  • Matchmaking is totally fail. Killed the game.