criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

I regret buying BF2

Star Wars Battlefront 2 was my first AAA game that I bought. I was hyped with the trailer and pre-ordered the standard edition for about 60 usd once it was out. I checked every single gameplay&trailer breakdown youtube videos and I never missed out on BF2 channel videos. Even though when I look back at it now, the campaign was horrible, the microtransactions really sucked. But I had really much of a fun when I was first playing few hours of the open beta of the game. I understand EA leaving out this game on their 'big thing' list. The game is almost dead due to the microtransactions when it first released, lack of content. Except that I DON'T UNDERSTAND THEM. It was them to screwed up and them who peed in their pants. Not me, not anyone who bought this darn game expecting to see our star wars fantasy, and not even people who fell for EA's microtransactions. Now, when I boot up this game and search for servers, I wait about an hour to see a empty server no one but me. I think it's safe to say that this game is completely dead in my region. The only way I can play this game is to go on campaign(which really suck) or to go on arcade. Of course I can't get a refund with all of my time spent into it, I have heavy class level 40 and other classes like around 20 to 30. I just regret buying this game and being hyped to play it. If I can sell this game to a stranger for like 10 bucks, I would do it. I am just here to talk about how trash this game was, and how I regret it. I could've waited for something more better. Battlefield V looks promising, since EA learned their lesson on Star Wars Battlefront 2. I hate myself for buying this game for 60 bucks.

Replies

• It's very disappointing isn't it?
  • Battlefield V looks promising, since EA learned their lesson on Star Wars Battlefront 2.

Obvious troll post is obvious.
  • This game will be getting better within the coming months. Possibly, it will get better after the release of BF5, because there won't be as many developers needed on that project. I am confident that they still support the game, and DICE has always said that they still support the game.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • You really think they learned their lesson? I haven't played EA much recently until Mass Effect Andromeda was released. I don't know why that game got all the flack that it did, but EA pulled the plug on it. Now with BF2 they have similarly given us terrible post-release support. It's clear that EA's focus is on marketing and getting folks to buy their game with no interest in keeping folks happy after the fact.

I personally will not buy another EA game until at least 6 months after its release. At that point I'm going to look at the forums and I'm willing to bet I'll see the same issues. If it looks like they've changed their approach, then maybe I'll consider buying.
  • Cool story bro

giphy.gif
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber
  • You're lucky you only had to spend $60. I was conned into buying the deluxe ($80) version by the promises of a great game with multiple seasons, many multiplayer options, and endless Star Wars fun and amazement. The game, obviously, did not live up to those promises or standards. It still could, but it's very unlikely. The game is an extreme disappointment to say the least.
  • I bought the game back in march when the revamped progression system went live and I was able to get the game under 25$. Not joking. I did play the game when it had the bad system on PS4 at a friends and it was just bad. I totally understand that many feel that this game failed expectations and people who spent 60$ or more to be quite frustrated with decisions that were made. That's EA and their "Games as a Service" in a nut shell for ya.
  • Not regret, just disappointed. I bought BF2015 at release and BF2 for Beta

If BF3 is announced, I wont buy until at least a month or two after launch, to see what happens
  • It has been disappointing but I don't regret getting it. I enjoyed it alot up till June or July when I just got so bored and have left till clone wars
  • No regrets here.

If this is your first aaa title and you are disappointed, plan on many more disappointments.
  • I wont say I regret it seeing as how its kept me entertained for quite a while. It did however do a terrible job of handling everything which will get me thinking twice about buying it near launch.
  • CorpseMaker77
    482 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    This game will be getting better within the coming months. Possibly, it will get better after the release of BF5, because there won't be as many developers needed on that project. I am confident that they still support the game, and DICE has always said that they still support the game.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• This game will be getting better within the coming months. Possibly, it will get better after the release of BF5, because there won't be as many developers needed on that project. I am confident that they still support the game, and DICE has always said that they still support the game.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

cvdx8k2dv1bc.gif
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1

Hopefully
  • bfloo
    14546 posts Member
    This game will be getting better within the coming months. Possibly, it will get better after the release of BF5, because there won't be as many developers needed on that project. I am confident that they still support the game, and DICE has always said that they still support the game.

Did you try the BFV beta?

If anything BFV needs to take the 4 devs this game has left.

The extra month of dev time isn't going to be enough, they need at least 3 - 6 months.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

The extra month of dev time isn't going to be enough, they need at least 3 - 6 months.

No, I don't play M-games.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • Star Wars Battlefront 2 was my first AAA game that I bought. I was hyped with the trailer and pre-ordered the standard edition for about 60 usd once it was out. I checked every single gameplay&trailer breakdown youtube videos and I never missed out on BF2 channel videos. Even though when I look back at it now, the campaign was horrible, the microtransactions really sucked. But I had really much of a fun when I was first playing few hours of the open beta of the game. I understand EA leaving out this game on their 'big thing' list. The game is almost dead due to the microtransactions when it first released, lack of content. Except that I DON'T UNDERSTAND THEM. It was them to screwed up and them who peed in their pants. Not me, not anyone who bought this darn game expecting to see our star wars fantasy, and not even people who fell for EA's microtransactions. Now, when I boot up this game and search for servers, I wait about an hour to see a empty server no one but me. I think it's safe to say that this game is completely dead in my region. The only way I can play this game is to go on campaign(which really suck) or to go on arcade. Of course I can't get a refund with all of my time spent into it, I have heavy class level 40 and other classes like around 20 to 30. I just regret buying this game and being hyped to play it. If I can sell this game to a stranger for like 10 bucks, I would do it. I am just here to talk about how trash this game was, and how I regret it. I could've waited for something more better. Battlefield V looks promising, since EA learned their lesson on Star Wars Battlefront 2. I hate myself for buying this game for 60 bucks.

so??
  • Deep down I think everyone does, but it's the only Star Wars game in town.
    Dice do make absolutely incredible FPS war games though, buy Battlefield 1 it's on sale everywhere at the moment and be happy.
  • bfloo wrote: »

I played the Beta, on the Saturday I thought it was a bug ridden disaster, by Monday they'd already fixed enough glitches that even in it's very rough Beta state I thought it was incredible.

BFV is going to be a beast of a game
  • Nice to know that I'm not the only one that's disappointed with this game.
  • A server browser and team balance would have been nice. Super big fail Dice and EA. Last game I am buying from you, and I have been buying your games since BF1942. I hope you lose a lot more customers.
  • I’ve given them many months to fix this game but they seem to not care. My guess is they only used the starwars name to sell the game knowing they didn’t have to make it good to sell it. People buy it just because it’s starwars. So then they went ham on seedy business tactics just to gage what they can get away with in the game they actually care about, Battlefield. I’m looking forward to uninstalling this game tomorrow. COD and RDR2 will keep me far away from this pile for good. And to EA, no more money from me even if you make another starwars game. I’ll pass, you can’t be trusted. Stick to your legally questionable FIFA coin sales and the **** whales and dolphins that you exploit everyday.
  • I paid €20 on the PSN store for this game, a fraction of the cost and I was thankful I didn't pay full price. I'll say this about Battlefront II, it's better than the previous but they just can't match the playability of the original Battlefront II back in 2005/2006 which is a classic game to this day. EA have a business model and that's to make money. I mean, look at the mess of Battlefield V (LOLOLOLOL) an utter disaster and ladies and gentlemen this is what happens when you let liberals, snowflakes and feminists intervene in good old fashion gaming. I do however like the timeline for Battlefront over the next 6-7 months and what they're doing for weekend events.
    There is still work to be done when it comes to balancing in the game, ideally matching gamer's equally say in, Heroes V Villains, Star fighter Assault and so on..
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion.
    Through passion I gain strength.
    Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory.
    Through victory my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.
  • bfloo
    14546 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

I played the Beta, on the Saturday I thought it was a bug ridden disaster, by Monday they'd already fixed enough glitches that even in it's very rough Beta state I thought it was incredible.

BFV is going to be a beast of a game

Battlefield1 played like a WW2 game, so I just have no interest.

I don't care about the customization that many are up in arms about.

I wish they went modern or futuristic.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I tried to love this game, but DICE/EA literally does every single thing in their power to make me regret pouring the nearly 300-hours I have into the game.

I check in the forums occasionally to see what's changed, but nothing ever does. Balance gets worse, everything gets nerfed into the ground because of noob whiners, and content release gets slower. And bugs that have been in the game since release (e.g. the sound bug) are still not fixed.

I've since moved on to Valkyria Chronicles 4 and Monster Hunter World. I might hop back in next year when Geonosis comes out, but until then, this game is not worth the space it takes up on my hard-drive. And I have 8TB worth of hard-disk space.
  • I just don’t understand how you can regret buying a game that you put 300 hours into. I am lucky to spend 20-30 hours before my impulse control has me going to buy the next big thing lmao but i digress...