criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Focused Feedback: Battle Point Event - Heroes Unleashed

12346

Replies

  • I digress, Dice, you choose, dig your own grave here, keep the game boring, cancel the Health Cards for the Heroes, Increase Hero prices, nerf the officer, patch chickens, drip out content months at a time, slow ball the release of skins I could literally make in 5 mins, and never get a cent from me as I leave for good and migrate over to the upcoming AAA titles.

    Or take a stand, think outside the box, and be inventive with ways to get players back to playing and supporting this game with crystal purchases. I look forward to what you bring to the table in the coming months and will always be a star wars fan, It's the only reason I have over 2k posts here, but understand, even we have our limits. Good luck, I really wish this game the most success. Off to play me some skyrim now, maybe some Dark Souls, certainly not this game. I haven't uninstalled yet, grevious and the health cards are really the only thing holding me back atm. I almost Hope red dead isn't going to be as good as I think it is, for your games sake.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • what a sad forum
    300 votes
    everyone has been banned or quit.....
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • The most I ever got to use heroes in GA. I vote permanent mode. Let all the 'git gud pros' play Vanilla GA if they want, and let us noobs play GA the way it should be.
  • oldrepublicbro77
    29 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Even when not during the Heroes Unleashed event, the Heroes during GA's normal routine are still already way too central most of the time (if not all the time) for the match's outcomes when 8 of them (4 on each teams of course) are all active at once in the final phase, so naturally I'm not a big fan of this event. I would've prefer for the Heroes limits to always be 2 for both teams including during the last phase, but that is a different topic to discuss.

    However, despite what I just said, I suppose I can at least approve with the idea of making this event permanent as long as it is in a form of another gamemode/entity, and that is something that even I might like to look forward to play it in the future. It's clear to me that the "This event should be made permanent!" in the poll has the most votes, so I believe that this might be the best and only way to do so. There's already a thread about this kind of topic.

    The voice of reason.
    My PSN is musicman8811
    Let's play sometime!
    ;)
  • EightMile wrote: »
    what a sad forum
    300 votes
    everyone has been banned or quit.....
    "Everyone" being banned or quitting would result in 0 votes. Just saying...
  • Defbored wrote: »
    EightMile wrote: »
    what a sad forum
    300 votes
    everyone has been banned or quit.....
    "Everyone" being banned or quitting would result in 0 votes. Just saying...

    genius right
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • NERFTHEOP
    689 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    At first I didn't like it , but then I loved it. I'm usually a hero hog in vanilla GA , so I guess that's why I didn't like it at first.
    The fact that heroes are so cheap means I can experiment more with other heroes and not worry so much about dying.

    I think it's a great mode and should be permanent.
    Is there a way to do an ALL HEROES mode in GA? Like EVERYONE can spawn as one. Although this wouldn't work with ION cannons.
  • Zinjo2017
    590 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Omniscient wrote: »
    I voted for permanency but, just to be clear, it should be its own mode—not a replacement of the current GA.

    Agreed. The lag with 40 players was very noticeable. A 30 or 26 player battle like this might help the server lag. All those heroes with their special abilities, coupled with all those troopers made for some laggy matches.

    That being said, setting up "Events" like this to test out new ideas is a great way to figure out what will work and what won't in the game.

    I wanna see a desert match with T-47 speeders and ATST's on it. Let's see how much an ATST can dominate a map with a T-47 flying around?
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • It was fun, but the reason it wasfun is because it was different. It’s fine as an ‘event’ for the weekend like you guys did, if it was like it all of the time GA would be ruined.
    It’s fine while you’re being a Hero or Villain, but pretty rubbish if you’re still a trooper as you’re pretty much screwed!
    It was great, but definitely an event rather than permanent.
    It gives us something else to look forward to! 😁
  • It was fun, but the reason it wasfun is because it was different. It’s fine as an ‘event’ for the weekend like you guys did, if it was like it all of the time GA would be ruined.
    It’s fine while you’re being a Hero or Villain, but pretty rubbish if you’re still a trooper as you’re pretty much screwed!
    It was great, but definitely an event rather than permanent.
    It gives us something else to look forward to! 😁

    I agree. The thing about a "special event" is that it looses its "special" when it's the norm...
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • OOM19
    2833 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Rey killed me a map away when she hit her Lightsaber on another enemy

    No joke I just dropped dead and the kill feed panned WAY OUT

    The lag is real if this becomes official
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

    jexdw69dwod3.png

    OUT AM I?!
    I live again
    I am ROMG4 or is ROMG4 me? If I am ROMG4 who am I? If ROMG4 is me who is he what is he? If I am him who or what am I?

    If this is conscious does that mean I know I am ROMG4 or not, is ROMG4 me? or Is it not

    Gone forgotten, out of board and into the pan of ghost fire and diatrabe of sadness no one AVENGED ME how could this be. 2 years I exist I help, I talk, I contribute, I speak, no one helped me no aide, no one all alone in the dark of the night where dark things lurk in the more of subconscious thought and that which lurks bellow and beyond the veil of madness and the unknown

    Space and Asteroids ROMG4
  • Darth_Vapor3
    4244 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Dash wrote: »
    Dash wrote: »
    Abuuru wrote: »
    Dash wrote: »
    Abuuru wrote: »
    Dash wrote: »
    S_Markt wrote: »
    if this will be permanent or within the ga rotation, tell me where i can get my money back. i bought a shooter, not super smash bros.

    The poll is leaning towards a separate game mode for this. So if you’re worried about this replacing GA, don’t be. This mode won’t have any part or affect of/on GA as we’ve always known it.

    The game is a Star Wars shooter with Star Wars characters/icons within it. There will be Heroes, there will be shooting, You will always have a CHOICE in what game mode you want to play.

    In the first video i didn't "respawn" from assault, i was afk and it spawns you in as assault by default. I had played specialist for most of the month so was going back to officer. And why wouldn't i boost on spawn? Seems only logical.

    And for you to say i'm a hero farmer is just false. I ran to the objective that had 9 enemy members trying to take over the objective. I killed all 9 of them and proceeded to stay at the chokepoint to not allow reinforcment troopers to re-take the objective. If I was farming heros as you call it, I would've respawned as a her the second I had enough points but I went on a 20 player kill streak and only respawned as a hero when I died. So everything you said in your first paragraph is comically wrong.

    Also you saying I play the "easiest" way is just sad. Playing "easy" as an officer would be to put down your turrent, buff players and collect points with officers presence. Instead I stood right in enemy lines and killed 20 troopers before dying.

    And how is it playing the "easiest" way when I get a 14 eliminations with the NT (not camping in the back and sniping) but actually playing on the objective and being first to a hero and helping my team push on the objective with a hero?

    You actually proved my point with your ignorance. I have fun playing MY play style. You can go bash your head agaisnt the wall and have fun for all i care. clearly you're not a very good player and use the "i play for fun" excuse to save face.

    The fact of the matter is I can do this on any map with any trooper using any gun. i could care less if they make HU permanent as its own mode but my issue is adding another 40 "Hero" mode thats almost identical to GA will take players away from HVV and GA. The poll indicates less than 50% of the players want this permanent game mode therefore it should not be implemented. If its was 50%+ voting in favor then that would be a different story.

    And you can call me easy mode/cheese all you want but you're probably one of the scrubs i stomp on on a daily basis (you and your fanboy groupies). Hope you have fun in the character selection screen cuz thats probably where you spend most of your time.

    I don’t make excuses to “save face”. I am a good player. Everyone’s on this forum has access to my public video library. I have fun whenever I play, and I certainly don’t link videos to a public forum that showcase my bad habits, cheese choices, or lazy tactics, after calling community members “Trash” for wanting something exciting to play.

    This was never about you. It was about what you said to everyone else towards how they felt about a game mode.
    cheese choice? lazy tactics?
    -removed-
    {MOD EDIT: Baiting}

    You play lazily. There’s no effort put forth by you. Your own videos showcase the same thing. When I play I move in alone when I shouldn’t, I push harder than I should, I do crazy flanks that pay off, I go past what you should go past day in day out because it’s exciting and more difficult. And I certainly don’t pick easy mode heroes. I don’t play it safe like you man. I refuse to keep it simple and easy. I do everything that should be done with a squad as much as I can by myself because it’s FUN, Challenging, and Not easy.

    When you can have a conversation with everyone else without flipping out because of a different point of view, maybe people can take you seriously. Trust me I’d know, I’ve been there myself. I’m not mad at you, I don’t hate you, I just disagree with you entirely.

    I took time last night while playing and arguing with some close friends over this topic to record 2 examples of what is being discussed here.

    The 1st half of this video is ALL about SELFISH Hero Play. (Only worrying about staying alive and getting those kill streaks).

    The 2nd half of this video is ALL about Playing for the TEAM's benefit. (Sacrifice plays, not quitting, and being relentless about PTO).

    Now I don't even remotely expect all of you to watch this in it's entirety. It is a 36:17 long video with 2 matches within it. But for those that do watch it, Learn from it. Because I took time to show how polarizing the difference was between Selfish/PTO Hero play.

    You even hear me in the second part of the video discussing this very issue among friends on discord. So let's end the debate of "Top of Leader boards means you're the Best". Because that's Not true. The Best players are those who play for their Team, regardless of what spot they are on the leader boards. As always, thanks for reading, have a fantastic week, and May the Force be with Us, Always. :blush:

    Enjoy the Video:

    Edit* removed the video link temporarily until the edited censored language version is uploaded. I’ll will edit and relink the new Version at that time. My apologies. You can still see the current video while you wait by going to the link of my YT channel I’m my signature. It’s the latest one.

    #PersonalAccountability



    I couldn’t agree more.
  • Dash
    11645 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Dash wrote: »
    Dash wrote: »
    Abuuru wrote: »
    Dash wrote: »
    Abuuru wrote: »
    Dash wrote: »
    S_Markt wrote: »
    if this will be permanent or within the ga rotation, tell me where i can get my money back. i bought a shooter, not super smash bros.

    The poll is leaning towards a separate game mode for this. So if you’re worried about this replacing GA, don’t be. This mode won’t have any part or affect of/on GA as we’ve always known it.

    The game is a Star Wars shooter with Star Wars characters/icons within it. There will be Heroes, there will be shooting, You will always have a CHOICE in what game mode you want to play.

    In the first video i didn't "respawn" from assault, i was afk and it spawns you in as assault by default. I had played specialist for most of the month so was going back to officer. And why wouldn't i boost on spawn? Seems only logical.

    And for you to say i'm a hero farmer is just false. I ran to the objective that had 9 enemy members trying to take over the objective. I killed all 9 of them and proceeded to stay at the chokepoint to not allow reinforcment troopers to re-take the objective. If I was farming heros as you call it, I would've respawned as a her the second I had enough points but I went on a 20 player kill streak and only respawned as a hero when I died. So everything you said in your first paragraph is comically wrong.

    Also you saying I play the "easiest" way is just sad. Playing "easy" as an officer would be to put down your turrent, buff players and collect points with officers presence. Instead I stood right in enemy lines and killed 20 troopers before dying.

    And how is it playing the "easiest" way when I get a 14 eliminations with the NT (not camping in the back and sniping) but actually playing on the objective and being first to a hero and helping my team push on the objective with a hero?

    You actually proved my point with your ignorance. I have fun playing MY play style. You can go bash your head agaisnt the wall and have fun for all i care. clearly you're not a very good player and use the "i play for fun" excuse to save face.

    The fact of the matter is I can do this on any map with any trooper using any gun. i could care less if they make HU permanent as its own mode but my issue is adding another 40 "Hero" mode thats almost identical to GA will take players away from HVV and GA. The poll indicates less than 50% of the players want this permanent game mode therefore it should not be implemented. If its was 50%+ voting in favor then that would be a different story.

    And you can call me easy mode/cheese all you want but you're probably one of the scrubs i stomp on on a daily basis (you and your fanboy groupies). Hope you have fun in the character selection screen cuz thats probably where you spend most of your time.

    I don’t make excuses to “save face”. I am a good player. Everyone’s on this forum has access to my public video library. I have fun whenever I play, and I certainly don’t link videos to a public forum that showcase my bad habits, cheese choices, or lazy tactics, after calling community members “Trash” for wanting something exciting to play.

    This was never about you. It was about what you said to everyone else towards how they felt about a game mode.
    cheese choice? lazy tactics?
    -removed-
    {MOD EDIT: Baiting}

    You play lazily. There’s no effort put forth by you. Your own videos showcase the same thing. When I play I move in alone when I shouldn’t, I push harder than I should, I do crazy flanks that pay off, I go past what you should go past day in day out because it’s exciting and more difficult. And I certainly don’t pick easy mode heroes. I don’t play it safe like you man. I refuse to keep it simple and easy. I do everything that should be done with a squad as much as I can by myself because it’s FUN, Challenging, and Not easy.

    When you can have a conversation with everyone else without flipping out because of a different point of view, maybe people can take you seriously. Trust me I’d know, I’ve been there myself. I’m not mad at you, I don’t hate you, I just disagree with you entirely.

    I took time last night while playing and arguing with some close friends over this topic to record 2 examples of what is being discussed here.

    The 1st half of this video is ALL about SELFISH Hero Play. (Only worrying about staying alive and getting those kill streaks).

    The 2nd half of this video is ALL about Playing for the TEAM's benefit. (Sacrifice plays, not quitting, and being relentless about PTO).

    Now I don't even remotely expect all of you to watch this in it's entirety. It is a 36:17 long video with 2 matches within it. But for those that do watch it, Learn from it. Because I took time to show how polarizing the difference was between Selfish/PTO Hero play.

    You even hear me in the second part of the video discussing this very issue among friends on discord. So let's end the debate of "Top of Leader boards means you're the Best". Because that's Not true. The Best players are those who play for their Team, regardless of what spot they are on the leader boards. As always, thanks for reading, have a fantastic week, and May the Force be with Us, Always. :blush:

    Enjoy the Video:

    Edit* removed the video link temporarily until the edited censored language version is uploaded. I’ll will edit and relink the new Version at that time. My apologies. You can still see the current video while you wait by going to the link of my YT channel I’m my signature. It’s the latest one.

    #PersonalAccountability



    I couldn’t agree more.

    Thanks dude. I just edited the comment and added the PG-13 version link. It’s actually funny now because of it lol. :lol:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

    "When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif





  • Dash wrote: »
    Dash wrote: »
    Abuuru wrote: »
    Dash wrote: »
    Abuuru wrote: »
    Dash wrote: »
    S_Markt wrote: »
    if this will be permanent or within the ga rotation, tell me where i can get my money back. i bought a shooter, not super smash bros.

    The poll is leaning towards a separate game mode for this. So if you’re worried about this replacing GA, don’t be. This mode won’t have any part or affect of/on GA as we’ve always known it.

    The game is a Star Wars shooter with Star Wars characters/icons within it. There will be Heroes, there will be shooting, You will always have a CHOICE in what game mode you want to play.

    In the first video i didn't "respawn" from assault, i was afk and it spawns you in as assault by default. I had played specialist for most of the month so was going back to officer. And why wouldn't i boost on spawn? Seems only logical.

    And for you to say i'm a hero farmer is just false. I ran to the objective that had 9 enemy members trying to take over the objective. I killed all 9 of them and proceeded to stay at the chokepoint to not allow reinforcment troopers to re-take the objective. If I was farming heros as you call it, I would've respawned as a her the second I had enough points but I went on a 20 player kill streak and only respawned as a hero when I died. So everything you said in your first paragraph is comically wrong.

    Also you saying I play the "easiest" way is just sad. Playing "easy" as an officer would be to put down your turrent, buff players and collect points with officers presence. Instead I stood right in enemy lines and killed 20 troopers before dying.

    And how is it playing the "easiest" way when I get a 14 eliminations with the NT (not camping in the back and sniping) but actually playing on the objective and being first to a hero and helping my team push on the objective with a hero?

    You actually proved my point with your ignorance. I have fun playing MY play style. You can go bash your head agaisnt the wall and have fun for all i care. clearly you're not a very good player and use the "i play for fun" excuse to save face.

    The fact of the matter is I can do this on any map with any trooper using any gun. i could care less if they make HU permanent as its own mode but my issue is adding another 40 "Hero" mode thats almost identical to GA will take players away from HVV and GA. The poll indicates less than 50% of the players want this permanent game mode therefore it should not be implemented. If its was 50%+ voting in favor then that would be a different story.

    And you can call me easy mode/cheese all you want but you're probably one of the scrubs i stomp on on a daily basis (you and your fanboy groupies). Hope you have fun in the character selection screen cuz thats probably where you spend most of your time.

    I don’t make excuses to “save face”. I am a good player. Everyone’s on this forum has access to my public video library. I have fun whenever I play, and I certainly don’t link videos to a public forum that showcase my bad habits, cheese choices, or lazy tactics, after calling community members “Trash” for wanting something exciting to play.

    This was never about you. It was about what you said to everyone else towards how they felt about a game mode.
    cheese choice? lazy tactics?
    -removed-
    {MOD EDIT: Baiting}

    You play lazily. There’s no effort put forth by you. Your own videos showcase the same thing. When I play I move in alone when I shouldn’t, I push harder than I should, I do crazy flanks that pay off, I go past what you should go past day in day out because it’s exciting and more difficult. And I certainly don’t pick easy mode heroes. I don’t play it safe like you man. I refuse to keep it simple and easy. I do everything that should be done with a squad as much as I can by myself because it’s FUN, Challenging, and Not easy.

    When you can have a conversation with everyone else without flipping out because of a different point of view, maybe people can take you seriously. Trust me I’d know, I’ve been there myself. I’m not mad at you, I don’t hate you, I just disagree with you entirely.

    I took time last night while playing and arguing with some close friends over this topic to record 2 examples of what is being discussed here.

    The 1st half of this video is ALL about SELFISH Hero Play. (Only worrying about staying alive and getting those kill streaks).

    The 2nd half of this video is ALL about Playing for the TEAM's benefit. (Sacrifice plays, not quitting, and being relentless about PTO).

    Now I don't even remotely expect all of you to watch this in it's entirety. It is a 36:17 long video with 2 matches within it. But for those that do watch it, Learn from it. Because I took time to show how polarizing the difference was between Selfish/PTO Hero play.

    You even hear me in the second part of the video discussing this very issue among friends on discord. So let's end the debate of "Top of Leader boards means you're the Best". Because that's Not true. The Best players are those who play for their Team, regardless of what spot they are on the leader boards. As always, thanks for reading, have a fantastic week, and May the Force be with Us, Always. :blush:

    Enjoy the Video:



    #PersonalAccountability



    Great gameplay! Especially on Kashyyyk.

    Curious about your analysis of your Naboo gameplay. Didn’t seem that selfish to me. Seemed like you were always going after the guys with the ion launchers and pushing hard down the hallways. Not much more Bossk can do. You didn’t seem to be playing it all that safe and you led the only successful charge into that room.

    What would more objective and sacrificial gameplay looked like?
  • Dash
    11645 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Dash wrote: »
    Dash wrote: »
    Abuuru wrote: »
    Dash wrote: »
    Abuuru wrote: »
    Dash wrote: »
    S_Markt wrote: »
    if this will be permanent or within the ga rotation, tell me where i can get my money back. i bought a shooter, not super smash bros.

    The poll is leaning towards a separate game mode for this. So if you’re worried about this replacing GA, don’t be. This mode won’t have any part or affect of/on GA as we’ve always known it.

    The game is a Star Wars shooter with Star Wars characters/icons within it. There will be Heroes, there will be shooting, You will always have a CHOICE in what game mode you want to play.

    In the first video i didn't "respawn" from assault, i was afk and it spawns you in as assault by default. I had played specialist for most of the month so was going back to officer. And why wouldn't i boost on spawn? Seems only logical.

    And for you to say i'm a hero farmer is just false. I ran to the objective that had 9 enemy members trying to take over the objective. I killed all 9 of them and proceeded to stay at the chokepoint to not allow reinforcment troopers to re-take the objective. If I was farming heros as you call it, I would've respawned as a her the second I had enough points but I went on a 20 player kill streak and only respawned as a hero when I died. So everything you said in your first paragraph is comically wrong.

    Also you saying I play the "easiest" way is just sad. Playing "easy" as an officer would be to put down your turrent, buff players and collect points with officers presence. Instead I stood right in enemy lines and killed 20 troopers before dying.

    And how is it playing the "easiest" way when I get a 14 eliminations with the NT (not camping in the back and sniping) but actually playing on the objective and being first to a hero and helping my team push on the objective with a hero?

    You actually proved my point with your ignorance. I have fun playing MY play style. You can go bash your head agaisnt the wall and have fun for all i care. clearly you're not a very good player and use the "i play for fun" excuse to save face.

    The fact of the matter is I can do this on any map with any trooper using any gun. i could care less if they make HU permanent as its own mode but my issue is adding another 40 "Hero" mode thats almost identical to GA will take players away from HVV and GA. The poll indicates less than 50% of the players want this permanent game mode therefore it should not be implemented. If its was 50%+ voting in favor then that would be a different story.

    And you can call me easy mode/cheese all you want but you're probably one of the scrubs i stomp on on a daily basis (you and your fanboy groupies). Hope you have fun in the character selection screen cuz thats probably where you spend most of your time.

    I don’t make excuses to “save face”. I am a good player. Everyone’s on this forum has access to my public video library. I have fun whenever I play, and I certainly don’t link videos to a public forum that showcase my bad habits, cheese choices, or lazy tactics, after calling community members “Trash” for wanting something exciting to play.

    This was never about you. It was about what you said to everyone else towards how they felt about a game mode.
    cheese choice? lazy tactics?
    -removed-
    {MOD EDIT: Baiting}

    You play lazily. There’s no effort put forth by you. Your own videos showcase the same thing. When I play I move in alone when I shouldn’t, I push harder than I should, I do crazy flanks that pay off, I go past what you should go past day in day out because it’s exciting and more difficult. And I certainly don’t pick easy mode heroes. I don’t play it safe like you man. I refuse to keep it simple and easy. I do everything that should be done with a squad as much as I can by myself because it’s FUN, Challenging, and Not easy.

    When you can have a conversation with everyone else without flipping out because of a different point of view, maybe people can take you seriously. Trust me I’d know, I’ve been there myself. I’m not mad at you, I don’t hate you, I just disagree with you entirely.

    I took time last night while playing and arguing with some close friends over this topic to record 2 examples of what is being discussed here.

    The 1st half of this video is ALL about SELFISH Hero Play. (Only worrying about staying alive and getting those kill streaks).

    The 2nd half of this video is ALL about Playing for the TEAM's benefit. (Sacrifice plays, not quitting, and being relentless about PTO).

    Now I don't even remotely expect all of you to watch this in it's entirety. It is a 36:17 long video with 2 matches within it. But for those that do watch it, Learn from it. Because I took time to show how polarizing the difference was between Selfish/PTO Hero play.

    You even hear me in the second part of the video discussing this very issue among friends on discord. So let's end the debate of "Top of Leader boards means you're the Best". Because that's Not true. The Best players are those who play for their Team, regardless of what spot they are on the leader boards. As always, thanks for reading, have a fantastic week, and May the Force be with Us, Always. :blush:

    Enjoy the Video:



    #PersonalAccountability



    Great gameplay! Especially on Kashyyyk.

    Curious about your analysis of your Naboo gameplay. Didn’t seem that selfish to me. Seemed like you were always going after the guys with the ion launchers and pushing hard down the hallways. Not much more Bossk can do. You didn’t seem to be playing it all that safe and you led the only successful charge into that room.

    What would more objective and sacrificial gameplay looked like?

    @kevanwithana , Very good question. For that example, what I should have done is push and stick to one side, making sure I had their heroes under pressure and focusing on me, allowing my teams heroes to rotate freely as need be. A good Bossk that PTO’s should have focused only on one side and middle to deny traffic between sides :wink: .
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

    "When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif





  • T0TALfps wrote: »
    The first Battle Point Event of October brought us Heroes Unleashed, an event where all heroes in Galactic Assault had 75% of their normal cost slashed off, and to ramp up the chaos even further, 8 heroes were allowed on the field at any given time.

    As this event has now concluded, we want to gain some additional feedback about this event and see what your opinion is on this event.

    Share your opinion and sound off below, let us know your thoughts on the amount of chaos that had just transpired this weekend!

    Love it, i would love to see Hero Galactic Assault Mode !! i rarely play as heros, mostly because i have little exp/low lvl heros and i would rather have some good player play the hero char to push for the team. but in the hero unleashed i was able to have tons of fun, i never seen heros camp, it was totally mega hyper fun weekend, if i only could i would spend like two days straight on GA. well with some technical breaks ;).
  • Are we going to have Leashed Heroes from now on or is there an update?
  • Omniscient
    777 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    AzorAhai wrote: »
    Are we going to have Leashed Heroes from now on or is there an update?

    You mean this?

    fahjoubw2sydwsiurvzw.png

    Yes, please.
  • Dash wrote: »
    Dash wrote: »
    Abuuru wrote: »
    Dash wrote: »
    Abuuru wrote: »
    Dash wrote: »
    S_Markt wrote: »
    if this will be permanent or within the ga rotation, tell me where i can get my money back. i bought a shooter, not super smash bros.

    The poll is leaning towards a separate game mode for this. So if you’re worried about this replacing GA, don’t be. This mode won’t have any part or affect of/on GA as we’ve always known it.

    The game is a Star Wars shooter with Star Wars characters/icons within it. There will be Heroes, there will be shooting, You will always have a CHOICE in what game mode you want to play.

    In the first video i didn't "respawn" from assault, i was afk and it spawns you in as assault by default. I had played specialist for most of the month so was going back to officer. And why wouldn't i boost on spawn? Seems only logical.

    And for you to say i'm a hero farmer is just false. I ran to the objective that had 9 enemy members trying to take over the objective. I killed all 9 of them and proceeded to stay at the chokepoint to not allow reinforcment troopers to re-take the objective. If I was farming heros as you call it, I would've respawned as a her the second I had enough points but I went on a 20 player kill streak and only respawned as a hero when I died. So everything you said in your first paragraph is comically wrong.

    Also you saying I play the "easiest" way is just sad. Playing "easy" as an officer would be to put down your turrent, buff players and collect points with officers presence. Instead I stood right in enemy lines and killed 20 troopers before dying.

    And how is it playing the "easiest" way when I get a 14 eliminations with the NT (not camping in the back and sniping) but actually playing on the objective and being first to a hero and helping my team push on the objective with a hero?

    You actually proved my point with your ignorance. I have fun playing MY play style. You can go bash your head agaisnt the wall and have fun for all i care. clearly you're not a very good player and use the "i play for fun" excuse to save face.

    The fact of the matter is I can do this on any map with any trooper using any gun. i could care less if they make HU permanent as its own mode but my issue is adding another 40 "Hero" mode thats almost identical to GA will take players away from HVV and GA. The poll indicates less than 50% of the players want this permanent game mode therefore it should not be implemented. If its was 50%+ voting in favor then that would be a different story.

    And you can call me easy mode/cheese all you want but you're probably one of the scrubs i stomp on on a daily basis (you and your fanboy groupies). Hope you have fun in the character selection screen cuz thats probably where you spend most of your time.

    I don’t make excuses to “save face”. I am a good player. Everyone’s on this forum has access to my public video library. I have fun whenever I play, and I certainly don’t link videos to a public forum that showcase my bad habits, cheese choices, or lazy tactics, after calling community members “Trash” for wanting something exciting to play.

    This was never about you. It was about what you said to everyone else towards how they felt about a game mode.
    cheese choice? lazy tactics?
    -removed-
    {MOD EDIT: Baiting}

    You play lazily. There’s no effort put forth by you. Your own videos showcase the same thing. When I play I move in alone when I shouldn’t, I push harder than I should, I do crazy flanks that pay off, I go past what you should go past day in day out because it’s exciting and more difficult. And I certainly don’t pick easy mode heroes. I don’t play it safe like you man. I refuse to keep it simple and easy. I do everything that should be done with a squad as much as I can by myself because it’s FUN, Challenging, and Not easy.

    When you can have a conversation with everyone else without flipping out because of a different point of view, maybe people can take you seriously. Trust me I’d know, I’ve been there myself. I’m not mad at you, I don’t hate you, I just disagree with you entirely.

    I took time last night while playing and arguing with some close friends over this topic to record 2 examples of what is being discussed here.

    The 1st half of this video is ALL about SELFISH Hero Play. (Only worrying about staying alive and getting those kill streaks).

    The 2nd half of this video is ALL about Playing for the TEAM's benefit. (Sacrifice plays, not quitting, and being relentless about PTO).

    Now I don't even remotely expect all of you to watch this in it's entirety. It is a 36:17 long video with 2 matches within it. But for those that do watch it, Learn from it. Because I took time to show how polarizing the difference was between Selfish/PTO Hero play.

    You even hear me in the second part of the video discussing this very issue among friends on discord. So let's end the debate of "Top of Leader boards means you're the Best". Because that's Not true. The Best players are those who play for their Team, regardless of what spot they are on the leader boards. As always, thanks for reading, have a fantastic week, and May the Force be with Us, Always. :blush:

    Enjoy the Video:



    #PersonalAccountability



    The teams win, a group of individuals lose, unfortunately the "team" is NOT rewarded with a podium standing compared to the individuals who have high body counts.
    I don't believe this is what the Devs planned in the beginning but it is what they've created so far...
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • Dash
    11645 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Zinjo2017 wrote: »
    Dash wrote: »
    Dash wrote: »
    Abuuru wrote: »
    Dash wrote: »
    Abuuru wrote: »
    Dash wrote: »
    S_Markt wrote: »
    if this will be permanent or within the ga rotation, tell me where i can get my money back. i bought a shooter, not super smash bros.

    The poll is leaning towards a separate game mode for this. So if you’re worried about this replacing GA, don’t be. This mode won’t have any part or affect of/on GA as we’ve always known it.

    The game is a Star Wars shooter with Star Wars characters/icons within it. There will be Heroes, there will be shooting, You will always have a CHOICE in what game mode you want to play.

    In the first video i didn't "respawn" from assault, i was afk and it spawns you in as assault by default. I had played specialist for most of the month so was going back to officer. And why wouldn't i boost on spawn? Seems only logical.

    And for you to say i'm a hero farmer is just false. I ran to the objective that had 9 enemy members trying to take over the objective. I killed all 9 of them and proceeded to stay at the chokepoint to not allow reinforcment troopers to re-take the objective. If I was farming heros as you call it, I would've respawned as a her the second I had enough points but I went on a 20 player kill streak and only respawned as a hero when I died. So everything you said in your first paragraph is comically wrong.

    Also you saying I play the "easiest" way is just sad. Playing "easy" as an officer would be to put down your turrent, buff players and collect points with officers presence. Instead I stood right in enemy lines and killed 20 troopers before dying.

    And how is it playing the "easiest" way when I get a 14 eliminations with the NT (not camping in the back and sniping) but actually playing on the objective and being first to a hero and helping my team push on the objective with a hero?

    You actually proved my point with your ignorance. I have fun playing MY play style. You can go bash your head agaisnt the wall and have fun for all i care. clearly you're not a very good player and use the "i play for fun" excuse to save face.

    The fact of the matter is I can do this on any map with any trooper using any gun. i could care less if they make HU permanent as its own mode but my issue is adding another 40 "Hero" mode thats almost identical to GA will take players away from HVV and GA. The poll indicates less than 50% of the players want this permanent game mode therefore it should not be implemented. If its was 50%+ voting in favor then that would be a different story.

    And you can call me easy mode/cheese all you want but you're probably one of the scrubs i stomp on on a daily basis (you and your fanboy groupies). Hope you have fun in the character selection screen cuz thats probably where you spend most of your time.

    I don’t make excuses to “save face”. I am a good player. Everyone’s on this forum has access to my public video library. I have fun whenever I play, and I certainly don’t link videos to a public forum that showcase my bad habits, cheese choices, or lazy tactics, after calling community members “Trash” for wanting something exciting to play.

    This was never about you. It was about what you said to everyone else towards how they felt about a game mode.
    cheese choice? lazy tactics?
    -removed-
    {MOD EDIT: Baiting}

    You play lazily. There’s no effort put forth by you. Your own videos showcase the same thing. When I play I move in alone when I shouldn’t, I push harder than I should, I do crazy flanks that pay off, I go past what you should go past day in day out because it’s exciting and more difficult. And I certainly don’t pick easy mode heroes. I don’t play it safe like you man. I refuse to keep it simple and easy. I do everything that should be done with a squad as much as I can by myself because it’s FUN, Challenging, and Not easy.

    When you can have a conversation with everyone else without flipping out because of a different point of view, maybe people can take you seriously. Trust me I’d know, I’ve been there myself. I’m not mad at you, I don’t hate you, I just disagree with you entirely.

    I took time last night while playing and arguing with some close friends over this topic to record 2 examples of what is being discussed here.

    The 1st half of this video is ALL about SELFISH Hero Play. (Only worrying about staying alive and getting those kill streaks).

    The 2nd half of this video is ALL about Playing for the TEAM's benefit. (Sacrifice plays, not quitting, and being relentless about PTO).

    Now I don't even remotely expect all of you to watch this in it's entirety. It is a 36:17 long video with 2 matches within it. But for those that do watch it, Learn from it. Because I took time to show how polarizing the difference was between Selfish/PTO Hero play.

    You even hear me in the second part of the video discussing this very issue among friends on discord. So let's end the debate of "Top of Leader boards means you're the Best". Because that's Not true. The Best players are those who play for their Team, regardless of what spot they are on the leader boards. As always, thanks for reading, have a fantastic week, and May the Force be with Us, Always. :blush:

    Enjoy the Video:



    #PersonalAccountability



    The teams win, a group of individuals lose, unfortunately the "team" is NOT rewarded with a podium standing compared to the individuals who have high body counts.
    I don't believe this is what the Devs planned in the beginning but it is what they've created so far...

    Very true indeed.

    With the friends I play with, we each play hard and have certain classes/ways we play individually which creates a fantastic synergy. It’s even more prevalent when we come against other teams of friends on the enemy team. Those matches in particular are what I adore. Those moments, the fights, the back and forth. It’s the best kind of match for sure. :blush:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

    "When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif





  • Any update, Devs? Bring it back, already!

    They are busy sending everyone to new servers for some reason.
  • Any update, Devs? Bring it back, already!

    They are busy sending everyone to new servers for some reason.

    Sad but true.
  • Zyder wrote: »
    How is Ewok Hunt permanent and not this??

    Excellent question.
  • MechanicalMan
    57 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Zyder wrote: »
    How is Ewok Hunt permanent and not this??
    I’m really not keen on Ewok hunt. Would much prefer being hunted by Tusken Raiders or even Jawas!!
  • I like how the entire concept of Heroes Unleashed goes against the very reason the BP system was created.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • A monthly sort of deal, please.

    It'd be a shame for people to forget that you have to put in effort for your rewards, rather than blindly derp around and still get to run around with that oh-so-mighty glowstick.

    Let's not kid ourselves here. We all know why the vast majority of "make it permanent!" really want it to be permanent. Despite the by-now disgustingly desperate wishes, it isn't Jedi Power Battles. But if it makes you feel better, Jedi Knight Academy is pretty cheap on Steam now.

    But I'm not completely dictated by logic like a droid; So I don't mind it being a monthly sort of event just to blow off some steam. By no means should it ever be permanent though, even in the lesser evil of being its own mode. Put in the effort to better yourself and be among the first in GA to claim a hero rather than relying on a "for the lols" event to live out your wet dreams, perhaps?

    I'll not deny I had my fun with my folks, but simultaneously, it was also the strongest arguement FOR a Friendly Fire thing to be added. (If you play Leia and place even 1 Squad Shield stupidly, I should be allowed to rid my entire team of your detrimental presence. If you play Iden and imagine that taking sniper potshots at one or two guys from the backline is contributing, I should be allowed to kill you and hopefully someone WAY better picks up her and leads the team to Victory. Lord knows Iden can do that. And finally, if you play Bossk and just snipe..? Yeah, same treatment there. )

    There are no standards to support the "Everyone gets a hero!" arguement. Create some, and enforce them, and I for one, will be more open to "Ok, it can be permanent."
    Having standards is, contrary to the bottom of the barrel, not elitism. It's just (Becomes, sooner or late)simple logic.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima


    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

    y6qvidach2x9.png

    "I have never died to a Finn"
  • Omniscient
    777 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    A monthly sort of deal, please.

    It'd be a shame for people to forget that you have to put in effort for your rewards, rather than blindly derp around and still get to run around with that oh-so-mighty glowstick.

    Let's not kid ourselves here. We all know why the vast majority of "make it permanent!" really want it to be permanent. Despite the by-now disgustingly desperate wishes, it isn't Jedi Power Battles. But if it makes you feel better, Jedi Knight Academy is pretty cheap on Steam now.

    But I'm not completely dictated by logic like a droid; So I don't mind it being a monthly sort of event just to blow off some steam. By no means should it ever be permanent though, even in the lesser evil of being its own mode. Put in the effort to better yourself and be among the first in GA to claim a hero rather than relying on a "for the lols" event to live out your wet dreams, perhaps?

    I'll not deny I had my fun with my folks, but simultaneously, it was also the strongest arguement FOR a Friendly Fire thing to be added. (If you play Leia and place even 1 Squad Shield stupidly, I should be allowed to rid my entire team of your detrimental presence. If you play Iden and imagine that taking sniper potshots at one or two guys from the backline is contributing, I should be allowed to kill you and hopefully someone WAY better picks up her and leads the team to Victory. Lord knows Iden can do that. And finally, if you play Bossk and just snipe..? Yeah, same treatment there. )

    There are no standards to support the "Everyone gets a hero!" arguement. Create some, and enforce them, and I for one, will be more open to "Ok, it can be permanent."
    Having standards is, contrary to the bottom of the barrel, not elitism. It's just (Becomes, sooner or late)simple logic.

    I appreciate the time you took to write a thorough, constructive response here. That being said...

    ...I completely disagree with everything you stated, claimed, assumed—in its entirety.

    There is no kidding ourselves going on here. If you didn’t take the time to read the responses from the top-tier players here who tout the greatness and undeniable permanent need for this mode, then you unfortunately lost your position back during the information gathering phase.

    {EA_Lanna: removed potentially baiting line}
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • Omniscient
    777 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I’m pretty sure it has been established ad nauseam that BFII is geared toward the casual player. You’re not going to see leaderboards any time in this game.

    The overwhelming majority of players, from n00***** to l33ts, have voted for this to be a permanent mode; many posting to state their reasons why.

    {EA_Lanna Quotes and baiting removed from post}
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • Should be permanent. The more the merrier!
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    I like how the entire concept of Heroes Unleashed goes against the very reason the BP system was created.

    So much this lol
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • When do we get the "Heroes need a vacation" weekend special without any heroes?
  • I don't think some of you understand. We do NOT want to replace GA! We simply want HU to be a new gamemode.
    My PSN is musicman8811
    Let's play sometime!
    ;)
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    A monthly sort of deal, please. Why? Because I said so.

    It'd be a shame for people to forget that you have to put in effort for your rewards, you gotta suffer through waiting your turn in MY playlist. No exceptions! just a once-a-month reprieve, and then you can go back to your other games and stop playing this garbage. I mean, after like 5 months off, why else did you really start playing again that weekend in the first place?

    Let's not kid ourselves here. We all know why the vast majority of "make it permanent!" really want it to be permanent. I repeated the obvious there just to confirm my own suspicions.... Pay no attention.

    Despite the by-now disgustingly desperate wishes of all the casual scrubs, it just isn't Jedi Power Battles. But if it makes you feel better, Jedi Knight Academy is pretty cheap on Steam now, why don't you go play that. I know, I know, why the .... would any of you want to play that relic in 2018? Ha, it was just a snarky remark not to be taken seriously lol. Get over it.

    But I'm not completely dictated by logic like a droid; I still like to Have fun once every so often, you know... differential equations on a chalk board for 3 hours at a time. Counting the cells in a petri-dish. Reading the encyclopedia galactica. And you know, playing the base broken Battlefront, but I know you plebs don't share my exquisite tastes; So I'll make an exception for you mere mortals.

    I don't mind it being a monthly sort of event just to blow off some steam. Maybe you got bored of playing other games after uninstalling Battlefront II. I mean, you deserve to get something outta that $60 or more you blew on this game. Heck, even more so for those who got conned into the special editions of the game, heh, believe me I feel for ya.

    However, by no means should it ever be permanent though, even in the lesser evil of being its own mode. Yes, Yes, I know I wouldn't be forced to play it though, and it kinda defeats my entire Argument here. But you gotta see it from my own perspective, people in that playlist are having more fun than I am in the regular crappy, boring, repetitive, unbalanced GA(I mean why else did you uninstall?) Ewok Hunt and all the rest are trash as well. Outside of an occasional HvV I'd feel forced to come join in on the legitament fun. Call me a kill joy, but I just don't see the value in that.

    Instead, just put in the effort to better yourself and be among the first in GA to claim a hero rather than relying on a "for the lols" event to live out your wet dreams, perhaps? Or just uninstall and go back to playing other games. I really don't care.

    Now, let me totally contradict and explain myself a little... while simultaneously describing a way to extinct the game once and for all:

    I'll not deny I had my fun with my folks, but simultaneously, it was also the strongest arguement FOR a Friendly Fire thing(because words can describe the level of bad this is) to be added. You know, just to be more cancerous than the base game already is. (If you play Leia and place even 1 Squad Shield stupidly, I should be allowed to rid my entire team of your detrimental presence. If you play Iden and imagine that taking sniper potshots at one or two guys from the backline is contributing, I should be allowed to kill you and hopefully someone WAY better picks up her and leads the team to Victory. Lord knows Iden can do that, not really, but theres a shot! And finally, if you play Bossk and just snipe..? Yeah, same treatment there. Why you ask? Because. I. The. Boss. Get it? Thanks.

    Allow me to close with a statement that sounds smart on paper, but will be so misconstrued or oblique, most will have a hard time comprehending, let alone responding to it:

    There are no standards to support this "Everyone gets a hero!" arguement. Create some, and enforce(just go with it) them, and I for one, will be more open to "Ok, it can be permanent." After all, am I not the boss?
    Having standards is, contrary to the bottom of the barrel(the scrubs who wan't this mode), not elitism. It's just (Becomes, sooner or late)simple logic. Because all this actually made sense.

    Is it me or did you guys read basically the same thing? It must be my contacts, Imma go get some new ones and try again.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • It took me a while to realize what that thing was. Then I realized it was some NPC trying to be clever. Incidentally, even though he (No clue who it is) puts it in a way that suggests grade school, he does get something correct: I am right.

    So thank you, whoever you may be, for that!
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima


    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

    y6qvidach2x9.png

    "I have never died to a Finn"
  • I don't think some of you understand. We do NOT want to replace GA! We simply want HU to be a new gamemode.

    Dice/EA is pretty terrible at delivering what the fans wan't, in a timely manner or otherwise. So i'm not holding my breath on this mode. I said my peace and in the meantime we'll see if the Heal cards and grevious are enough of a balancing/interest uptick to make the game playable again. If not then I'm just uninstalling. I'm tired of waiting on these fail Devs, they really do benefit for there not being that many universally good AAA titles out there. Otherwise the games population would plummet even more so than it already has. I'm sure their average playtime is in the trash as well.

    Dice, do the right thing, make this mode permanent. I don't even log in for the daily crate anymore. It's been months
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • I absolutely loved this mode. I really showed what an actual star wars battle would be like. The chaos accurately represents a battle, and should be permanent. The people who found it too chaotic clearly have no idea of what a star wars battle would be like.

    I do, however, agree that it should be made its own mode. Or maybe be added in Conquest. Or maybe it could just be a vote as to whether or not the event happens for that round.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
    bhih9jzeyr6i.gif
  • AbyssWatch3r
    4974 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    It took me a while to realize what that thing was. Then I realized it was some NPC trying to be clever. Incidentally, even though he (No clue who it is) puts it in a way that suggests grade school, he does get something correct: I am right.

    So thank you, whoever you may be, for that!
    Yeah, very rarely when I proof read my work and read it back to myself even I get lost in what I was trying to say sometimes.

    But great though, I just wasn't sure if I was reading it correctly, thanks for confirming my suspicions. I'll step outta the echo-chamber now, I only came in to validify that those were your points.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
Sign In or Register to comment.