criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

Enough is enough... Nerf the Heavy!!!

135

Replies

  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Kavian wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Kavian wrote: »
    HAHAHAHA!! Great post, I love how you lose the WW nerf argument so instead of admitting you're wrong and/or trying to explain crippling discrepancies in your argument, you hop on over and do... this... Get control of yourself man, this is embarrassing.

    You made an EXCELLENT point in one of the other threads when you stated
    Besides, you saying the SCS wasn't op is honestly just, wrong. That thing could murder any blaster hero instantly (at any range) and could slaughter sabers if they made the mistake of not being in 100% cover all the time.

    You are 100% correct that if there was a SCS using Heavy on the battlefield you might as well have not even picked a hero for multiple months of this game as it was just insta death!!! However, you forgot the most important part... it wasn't just SCS that could murder any blaster hero instantly and slaughter sabers, it was the Heavy itself! This thread is a chance for you to stand in solidarity against INJUSTICE... with the mountains of evidence which have been presented, I know you will make the right decision!

    Oh but you made a better argument against nerfing when you said:

    "my argument is that 'If I can overcome something and win with a simple change to my gameplay, it is not OP'"

    "and who also buffed Palpatine at launch due to the tears of the mob even though he was already OP"

    "Did you see me repeatedly calling for nerfs of Palpatine even when he was at his most powerful? No, you didn't, because I dealt with him just fine."

    Oh wait, no, that doesn't make any sense...

    vcatikwqr09o.png

    I should have said Palpatine was already powerful at launch (rather than using the term "OP")... hence the reason I argued against buffing him at the time. If you are going to make a case for something being OP in this game, Palpatine post 1st round of buffs would be the closest thing... and nothing since then has come close to that level.

    So I take it you are on board with the nerf Heavy movement considering your repeated support for this thread? We appreciate your support in keeping this thread at the top!

    Palps got buffed before anyone figured him out.

    Correction, he got buffed before MOST people figured him out. He was the 2nd character I maxed out at launch, and I and a few others were dominating with him before his first round of buffs even hit. Here is some footage from that time I filmed specifically for a thread by the uninformed on these forums in which I was arguing (to no avail) that he was fine as he was.


    Maybe I generalized a lil too much. I remember an early video of him dominating HvV with no cards.

    I was starting to figure him out, but he got that 1st buff right away.

    Can't have a learning curve for anything in games anymore :'(

    Right... that is the problem with buffing/nerfing based on the feedback of the masses... the masses in general do not maximize the potential of whatever it is they are utilizing, so if you buff/nerf based upon popular opinion it is very likely to adversely impact game balance exponentially at the extreme ends of the skill curve... we saw this with Palpatine on the high end of the skill curve (he became very difficult to beat in good hands) and the low end (after the roll nerf for example many players just fell over as they had no clue how to survive without it).

    Keep preaching it... For some, it takes a little longer.
  • heavy scrubs have had it too EZ for too long.

    200 hp is a crutch for dead cat level reflexes and potato tier twitch skills
    shield you can fire behind is a crutch for bad positioning
    lockon anti vehicle missiles are a crutch for bad aim
    spray happy lazer LMGs are for no-skill noobs who can't use a more sophisticated marksman's weapon
    sentry is like a turbo cancer version of the above
    explodey sentries are like the regular but also with super aids
    impact is 1 free kill per cooldown unless you're so bad you may as well be AFK
    triple grenade noobtube is for deku scrubs who can't even aim a single grenade properly
    he runs the same speed as everyone else even tho he's carrying all that ish and should move at sentry speed
    girl heavy from FO faction triggers me because I died to a wamen

    nerf it all pls DICE

    tenor.gif
  • One little flame attracts so many moths. Well done OP.

    Yeah it’s gone certified gold at this point. :D
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • One little flame attracts so many moths. Well done OP.

    The darker it gets, the brighter the light of TRUTH shines forth!

    A-Little-Light.jpg

  • Another patch, and another instance where the OP'ness of the Heavy was not even mentioned despite the piles of evidence and cries from the community... WEN WILL THE DOMINATION OF THE HEAVY END!?!?!
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Another patch, and another instance where the OP'ness of the Heavy was not even mentioned despite the piles of evidence and cries from the community... WEN WILL THE DOMINATION OF THE HEAVY END!?!?!

    Still hunting?
    #StarWars-y
  • gospa55350
    260 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    On the contrary, officer class has been used since day one by cheap, unskilled players to get quick kills/Battlepoints, eventually they have became good players. So, you are unable to handle a heavy class as an officer class? Do you know what requires some skill? to dominate all maps in blast as specialist class...
    Post edited by gospa55350 on
  • gospa55350 wrote: »
    On the contrary, officer class has been used since day one by cheap, unskilled players to get quick kills, eventually they have becamo good players. So, you are unable to handle a heavy class as an officer class? Do you know what requires some skill? to dominate all maps in blast as specialist class...

    specialist isn't even that hard to use in blast or do well with. all the classes are good officer is just the best of the 4.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Jinda_Lo wrote: »
    After watching that video I think they should nerf t3hBar0n.

    You too can have this power young Padawan... all you need to do is select "Heavy" when loading in and you will have the exact same results! Lest anyone forget with all the nerf Specialist, Grievous, Officer, Assault threads... Heavy is the OG OP class!

  • No, buff heavy
  • Jett_Fett_91166
    3943 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Another patch, and another instance where the OP'ness of the Heavy was not even mentioned despite the piles of evidence and cries from the community... WEN WILL THE DOMINATION OF THE HEAVY END!?!?!

    Still hunting?

    I am like the Nazgul, except instead of hunting for the ring of power, I am hunting for BALANCE! I shall never stop! Besides the 3200+ views this thread has gotten clearly shows the vast majority agrees.

    Using DICE data logic now. :/
    Well then 3,301 and counting. ;)
    Should be getting the Heavy “adjustment” any day now.
    #StarWars-y
  • Ok, maybe you’ll remember me (the guy of the “Ok, now I’m CRYING for an officer nerf”, the reason of that “Ok, now I’m crying for a Greivous nerf” troll thread) and I was going to write an essay about why you’re wrong and why, from my point of view, an officer nerf is more needed, but, since this can be a troll thread and I’m not sure of which are your intentions, I’m going to stay quiet until I know exactly what’s going on
    But if this isn’t trolling I can just say you sound quite desperate, and I would like to ask you: what made you change your mind? Your main point in my threads have been that all classes are balanced and that the heavy is as good as the officer getting points but deadlier
    Reconsider this: his shield makes him unable to roll or move at normal speed, and makes his legs to get exposed
    He can’t take vehicles alone unless he hits the weak point with a direct hit because of the recent buff-nerf the ion torpedo received recently, his weapons are very good but with high recoil, not too accurate and I can continue to refute almost everything you said if not everything but maybe it’s just trolling
    I hope you answer and clarify for me your purposes @t3hBar0n
  • Blinker
    465 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    The problem is they keep making changes to different classes but go to far, they nerf one thing then another class is classed as overpowered, it seems to be like they going round in circles, nerf to me doesn't seem to solve any problems
  • Don't stop with the heavy! Nerf every class, hero, and vehicle so that every attack only deals 1 dps. Then and only then will we never have to read another nerf threads again.
  • I Want the old heavy, back when 90% of ppl played heavy and everybody had the supercharged sentry starcard fired up, wouldn’t that be fun 🤣😁
  • Ok, maybe you’ll remember me (the guy of the “Ok, now I’m CRYING for an officer nerf”, the reason of that “Ok, now I’m crying for a Greivous nerf” troll thread) and I was going to write an essay about why you’re wrong and why, from my point of view, an officer nerf is more needed, but, since this can be a troll thread and I’m not sure of which are your intentions, I’m going to stay quiet until I know exactly what’s going on
    But if this isn’t trolling I can just say you sound quite desperate, and I would like to ask you: what made you change your mind? Your main point in my threads have been that all classes are balanced and that the heavy is as good as the officer getting points but deadlier
    Reconsider this: his shield makes him unable to roll or move at normal speed, and makes his legs to get exposed
    He can’t take vehicles alone unless he hits the weak point with a direct hit because of the recent buff-nerf the ion torpedo received recently, his weapons are very good but with high recoil, not too accurate and I can continue to refute almost everything you said if not everything but maybe it’s just trolling
    I hope you answer and clarify for me your purposes @t3hBar0n

    I suggest you carefully examine the images I linked earlier in the thread... the truth you seek, you will find it there.

    Heavy-OP-1.jpg
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Ok, maybe you’ll remember me (the guy of the “Ok, now I’m CRYING for an officer nerf”, the reason of that “Ok, now I’m crying for a Greivous nerf” troll thread) and I was going to write an essay about why you’re wrong and why, from my point of view, an officer nerf is more needed, but, since this can be a troll thread and I’m not sure of which are your intentions, I’m going to stay quiet until I know exactly what’s going on
    But if this isn’t trolling I can just say you sound quite desperate, and I would like to ask you: what made you change your mind? Your main point in my threads have been that all classes are balanced and that the heavy is as good as the officer getting points but deadlier
    Reconsider this: his shield makes him unable to roll or move at normal speed, and makes his legs to get exposed
    He can’t take vehicles alone unless he hits the weak point with a direct hit because of the recent buff-nerf the ion torpedo received recently, his weapons are very good but with high recoil, not too accurate and I can continue to refute almost everything you said if not everything but maybe it’s just trolling
    I hope you answer and clarify for me your purposes @t3hBar0n

    I suggest you carefully examine the images I linked earlier in the thread... the truth you seek, you will find it there.

    Heavy-OP-1.jpg

    That image is from before the no holo spawn screen, and in any case that’s the first time I see something like that, once an assault, once a specialist, normally heroes or officers and quite often me, but never heavies
  • Never nerf heavy, always buff.

    #heavy4eva
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Ok, maybe you’ll remember me (the guy of the “Ok, now I’m CRYING for an officer nerf”, the reason of that “Ok, now I’m crying for a Greivous nerf” troll thread) and I was going to write an essay about why you’re wrong and why, from my point of view, an officer nerf is more needed, but, since this can be a troll thread and I’m not sure of which are your intentions, I’m going to stay quiet until I know exactly what’s going on
    But if this isn’t trolling I can just say you sound quite desperate, and I would like to ask you: what made you change your mind? Your main point in my threads have been that all classes are balanced and that the heavy is as good as the officer getting points but deadlier
    Reconsider this: his shield makes him unable to roll or move at normal speed, and makes his legs to get exposed
    He can’t take vehicles alone unless he hits the weak point with a direct hit because of the recent buff-nerf the ion torpedo received recently, his weapons are very good but with high recoil, not too accurate and I can continue to refute almost everything you said if not everything but maybe it’s just trolling
    I hope you answer and clarify for me your purposes @t3hBar0n

    I suggest you carefully examine the images I linked earlier in the thread... the truth you seek, you will find it there.

    Heavy-OP-1.jpg

    That image is from before the no holo spawn screen, and in any case that’s the first time I see something like that, once an assault, once a specialist, normally heroes or officers and quite often me, but never heavies

    I stopped taking screenshots/videos months ago (I think the last timestamp I have is from July) as there was no reason to... I had too much footage already.

    Secondly I am an outlier Heavy player and I have only met one other Heavy player in all the time i've been playing who I thought was as good/better than I was at scoring points and winning the scoreboard.

    Thirdly, I suggest you look closely above Palpatines head and to the right of the Heavies head for your answer.
  • hsf_ wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    I can hear it now "what has t3bar0n been smoking in that pipe" (legal in California thank you)

    Since when did Crack become legal in California?

    Edit: Also why is this troll thread still open?

    Who is trolling? I made sage... nay prescient arguments as to why the Heavy should be nerfed... and now that Officer is going to be nerfed, I am proudly going to lay claim to being one of the first to really articulate the case as to why Heavy should be next on the nerf wagon!
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    hsf_ wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    I can hear it now "what has t3bar0n been smoking in that pipe" (legal in California thank you)

    Since when did Crack become legal in California?

    Edit: Also why is this troll thread still open?

    Who is trolling? I made sage... nay prescient arguments as to why the Heavy should be nerfed... and now that Officer is going to be nerfed, I am proudly going to lay claim to being one of the first to really articulate the case as to why Heavy should be next on the nerf wagon!



    all classes deserve a nerve, at least some parts of each class. for the heavy, lower the damage of the TL50, remove 50hp epic shield to transfer it in the base shield should be a good point to balance heavy
  • the TL-50 has so much spread it kills everything in front of him,

    narrow down the spread so that it only kills within 1mm of the cross hair that it points at.
  • So annoying when you run into a 1 on 1 with a heavy and they just pop a shield back up against the wall.

    Dont know why that was made into a thing
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • the TL-50 has so much spread it kills everything in front of him,

    narrow down the spread so that it only kills within 1mm of the cross hair that it points at.

    Wow...GENIUS!!! DID WE JUST BECOME BEST FRIENDS!?
  • Dash
    11637 posts Member
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    the TL-50 has so much spread it kills everything in front of him,

    narrow down the spread so that it only kills within 1mm of the cross hair that it points at.

    Wow...GENIUS!!! DID WE JUST BECOME BEST FRIENDS!?

    +1 for Step Brothers quote! :sunglasses:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

    "When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif





  • Darthside
    19 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Nerf heavy
    Nerf officer (like big time)
    Nerf flash grenades( maybe take it out of the game I’ll be happy)
    Same goes for shock grenades(can’t do jack when you get shocked. I hate lando and chewie for this )
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    gospa55350 wrote: »
    On the contrary, officer class has been used since day one by cheap, unskilled players to get quick kills, eventually they have becamo good players. So, you are unable to handle a heavy class as an officer class? Do you know what requires some skill? to dominate all maps in blast as specialist class...

    specialist isn't even that hard to use in blast or do well with. all the classes are good officer is just the best of the 4.

    I would argue that Specialist is better than Officer on Blast (where BP barely matters), but I agree with you that it isn't that hard to use Specialist and do well in Blast. If I have done it... Anyone can.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • Is this supposed to be funny? I don't get it
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    the TL-50 has so much spread it kills everything in front of him,

    narrow down the spread so that it only kills within 1mm of the cross hair that it points at.

    Wow...GENIUS!!! DID WE JUST BECOME BEST FRIENDS!?

    You wanna go do karate in the garage?
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Is this supposed to be funny? I don't get it

    You just haven't surprised enough Heavies only to have them pop their shield and pwn 1 shot you with the TL50 from across the map... let your hate grow young padawan!
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    the TL-50 has so much spread it kills everything in front of him,

    narrow down the spread so that it only kills within 1mm of the cross hair that it points at.

    Wow...GENIUS!!! DID WE JUST BECOME BEST FRIENDS!?

    blood brothers
  • You say heavy is over powered, but usually at the end of matches I see either assault trooper‘s or officers at the top of the leaderboard‘s maybe in the smaller infantry-only modes heavy can dominate, but heavy is not overpowering, not in the larger mode.
    Heavy supposed to be a meat shield and taking fire is what it supposed to do.
    I use Heavy as a fire support class, Bodyguard lvl4 Heavyshield lvl4 increasedWeaponOverheat lvl4
    and the DC-15L with reduced recoil and explosive shot to provide Suppressing Fire. This doesn’t get me a lot of kills but it does provide pressure on hallways in Corridors

    For infantry I usually go for the First-Order-Heavy-Emplacement Weapon-Blaster with auto cool and night vision unless there’s vehicles so then I use ion shot.
    Still I die a lot dispite all my overpoweredness
  • d0kRX
    1438 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    @t3hBar0n I just noticed this post, very nice it was a good read. I hope more are in the works! :wink:
    PSN: d0kRX
  • d0kRX wrote: »
    @t3hBar0n I just noticed this post, very nice it was a good read. I hope more are in the works! :wink:

    Thanks! I did extensive research on the forums to make sure I included all the best objective evidence to support my conclusions.
  • AStormyTrooper
    170 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    What...Ok. I haven't visited this post in a while. What exactly has happened?
    gctn47nz145u.png

    I keep changing this for whatever reason but ehh...It can stay like this I suppose.
  • d0kRX
    1438 posts Member
    What...Ok. I haven't visited this post in a while. What exactly has happened?

    Read the original post again and grab some popcorn cuz it's good!
    PSN: d0kRX
  • Blurrg can't one-burst a Heavy anymore. Yet another stealth-buff to this wretchedly overpowered crutch class.

    C'mon DICE nerf it already!
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

  • Blurrg can't one-burst a Heavy anymore. Yet another stealth-buff to this wretchedly overpowered crutch class.

    C'mon DICE nerf it already!

    Hahaha, YES, NERF IT ALL!
  • rollind24
    5945 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    @AStormyTrooper Don’t want to derail this thread but Thousand Voices and Thunderlord are so much fun /evil.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Well...after some reviewing and researching, here's what I think. The heavy is only op in the hands of someone who knows how to use them. Yes, some of t3hBar0n's points do make a little sense but some of the nerfs being ask for might be too much. Sit tight cause this is gonna be one long post!
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    A. The OP'ness of the Heavy should be reduced to bring him in line with actual skilled classes (like Officers).

    I do agree that the Heavy should be harder to use. He should have the lowest movement speed at least.
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    1. Reduce the health of the Heavy to 100, they have a 300 point shield, so they shouldn't need 200 health!

    I actually disagree with this point. If the Heavy only has 100 HP, then what's the point of using the Heavy? He'd just be a Assault but worse at that point. The Heavy's purpose is to soak up damage and dish it out as well. 100 HP would just make him a punching bag. That's not good.
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    2. If a Heavy starts to damage a Hero/Villain, Immediately begin a diminishing return damage reduction modifier on the Heavy which stacks every time they damage a Hero/Villain until reaching 0 damage dealt (to protect heroes). There is no WAY it is fair that a Heavy can kill multiple heroes.

    EDIT: Reread the upper quote/ Well, truth is yeah. It is fair for a Heavy to kill multiple heroes if their smart. It's totally fair for one class to kill multiple heroes. I've done it with the Assault and Specialist numerous times. There is a slightly bigger skill gap in this game than the last. In fact, this damage reduction modifier is a terrible idea. This makes the Heavy pointless against heroes and that is not something we need because Heavies and Officers are good for dealing damage to heroes.
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    D. The Heavy weapons MUST be limited to only being able to target a single type of vehicle... the Heavy should have to choose if his blaster will damage turrets, ground vehicles, or aircraft... being able to hit all 3 is just OP.

    Now this point brings up the fact that the ion attachment (at least I think that's what this is talking about) can damage turrets, ground vehicles, and space superiority fighters. While I partially agree with the fact that the damage done to turrets and vehicles with this attachment is a little much, being able to hit all 3 isn't OP. Otherwise, the same could be said for the A280 CFE and NT-242 for the Specialist and the SMG for the Assault (Can't remember the name to that thing off the top of my head.) Besides, by using the ion attachment, you lose trooper damage and I don't think I need to say how important that is. Point is, using this specific attachment on any gun basically puts you in the position of an Anti-Vehicle only role.
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    4. Being able to heal with NO effort is completely unfair considering the Heavy's already large health pool and shield. Implement a cap on healing to 50 damage AT MOST!

    You'd have to do the same to the other classes and even then I feel like this only works on heroes and would work on vehicles. If you wanna talk about healing with no effort, look at the Assault. He has a card that heals you with one push of a button. No waiting. Even if their was a healing cap, 50 would be the minimum allowed, not the maximum.
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    5. The shield is probably the most OP ability the Heavy has and it functionally makes him stronger than any Enforcer. To fix this, the Heavy should be completely stationary with the shield deployed, and the shield should only provide 150 damage reduction AT MOST!

    Yes, the shield is the most OP ability the Heavy has, but let me be real for a second. Considering what the Heavy has in terms of Star Cards with the exception of the Heavy Sentry, that's not saying much at all. I've been looking at the Heavy's ability cards and playing them in matches and what they say to me is that Heavy doesn't have a lot of good stuff to work with. He has some of the worst abilities to use. The Barrage and post nerf Supercharged Sentry are useless. I can tell you that from experience. I can also tell you that Heavies are not stronger than any Enforcer, especially not DTs and Wookies. The shield might be OP, but it's one of the few good things the Heavy has and nerfing it only makes his situation worse.
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Six. It is really unfair that a Heavy can wipe an entire squad respawn... as such, the Heavy weapons should induce a 30% weapon heat penalty for every kill without reloading... this will prevent a Heavy wiping an entire respawn while still being balanced!

    Once again, if this done to the Heavy, it has to be done to everyone and everything else. This includes Heroes, Jump Jet Troops, Enforces, Starfighters, Ground Vehicles and anything else with a blaster. If that's done to everything, it would be tedious. And to be fair, this is just describing spawn camping and any class can do that.
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    7. Cap the number of Heavy players in a match at 2 per side... anything more than this completely breaks immersion. Look at a storm trooper battalion... how many Heavy troops do you see!? That's right, not many. Besides, if a lot of players are using something, it is by definition OP and at least needs to be looked at...

    Look, I have said it before and I will say it again. Things like this, need to be done to eve...ry...thing. One class cannot receive something like this while everyone else is exempt for it. If anything, the Heavy would be useless at this point. And why do that if Enforcers and JJTs already do this? What's the point? If anything you might as well not even touch the Heavy. The whole point of this class system is to provide playstyles for (almost) everyone. Anyone who wants to be a maverick and likes big guns can play as the Heavy to satisfy that need. These changes would make one class completely and utterly obsolete.

    These changes are asking to do WAY too much to just one class. The Heavy has some overpowered elements to it but it is not overpowered. It's like Empire_TW said. The Heavy needs a buff, not a nerf. I rarely see Heavy players in matches anymore, and that's saying something. Maybe other peoples experiences with Heavy players were different but my points still stand. The Heavy needs better cards and weapons to use because even the TL 50 is getting outclassed by a lot of things. I'm sure DICE will eventually buff the Heavy and give it the usefulness it deserves, but right now...he's not overpowered. He's underpowered.

    Also I just realized something. How does this make any sense?
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Besides, if a lot of players are using something, it is by definition OP and at least needs to be looked at...

    I can't believe this! If a lot of people are using something, it is by definition OP?! What?! So lets just say that a lot of people are using a variety of SMGs in Destiny 2. Does that make SMGs OP? Lets say that a lot of people are using a very difficult sniper that requires a lot of skill to use correctly. Does that make it OP? Lets say a lot of people are using a Firestorm from Split/Second (I hope someone remembers that game) which to those who do know that game, is a difficult car to use and master. Does that make it OP? No! Just because something is being used by a lot of people doesn't make it OP. If it's broken, unbalanced, or even reaches that status of becoming the game's meta itself, that's OP. Look at the MIDA Multi-Tool from Destiny 2, the Abrahams from War Thunder, or (I think) even the AK 74u from Cod MW or MWR. Those are OP weapons that require little to no skill at all. Only the AK 74u needs a little skill and MIDA has been nerfed. The Abrahams? Nada. Zilch. No skill. But just because something is being used by a lot of people does not make it OP. I apologize if this part of the post comes off as aggressive or threating. I truly am.

    I appreciate the effort you put into your responses... unfortunately 97.4% of the games players think you are wrong... sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Many of you are aware that I have been a devout follower of the cult of Heavy since the onset of this game. I have proselytized from on high (and low) the virtues of the Heavy as being the best class in this game... I finally have have come to the point where I can no longer live with myself and the terrible guilt for what I have done in promoting the Heavy playstyle...

    I call on the DEVS and anyone else who is listening to heed my call to action... The Heavy MUST be NERFED!!! I know, many of you are shocked... I can hear it now "what has t3bar0n been smoking in that pipe" (legal in California thank you), and "Has The Emperor fried his brain with too much force lightning!?" I am here to tell you my brothers and sisters, that nothing could be further from the truth! The Heavy is truly a POISON to this game and a CRUTCH used only by those who even lack the skill to be successful as an Officer!

    I now present to you irrefutable evidence that the Heavy is overpowered...

    1. The Heavy is overpowered.
    B. The Heavy has more health than any other basic class, which is unfair and is a crutch only needed by terrible players.
    C. I have killed LITERALLY hundreds of heroes/villains with the Heavy... in no way can this be balanced.
    4. The Heavy has WAY too many weapons at its disposal to be in any way fair... they have amazing blasters, they can kill vehicles actively OR passively, and then can even engage AIRCRAFT! No other class is this versatile with NO drawbacks!
    6. The health pool of the Heavy can heal to full with NO effort needed... this facilitates camping with the Heavy for the entire match as good players will not die.
    Seven. The SHIELD... need I say more!? The shield functionally makes the Heavy have more health than any Enforcer and this is appalling! Not only that, but you can move while the shield is deployed... Who in their right mind thought this would be OK?
    8. The Heavy can LITERALLY kill an entire respawn without reloading, this is just unfair!
    9. Spider Walking... the Heavy can walk up walls using his Sentry ability, this is a GAMEBREAKING which has been IGNORED!
    10. Too many people play Heavy.

    Below I have attached a video showing just how atrociously OP the Heavy is...



    Ok, so now I have some solutions to these problems which will bring the Heavy in line with the rest of the classes that don't need crutches to do well...

    A. The OP'ness of the Heavy should be reduced to bring him in line with actual skilled classes (like Officers).
    1. Reduce the health of the Heavy to 100, they have a 300 point shield, so they shouldn't need 200 health!
    2. If a Heavy starts to damage a Hero/Villain, Immediately begin a diminishing return damage reduction modifier on the Heavy which stacks every time they damage a Hero/Villain until reaching 0 damage dealt (to protect heroes). There is no WAY it is fair that a Heavy can kill multiple heroes.
    D. The Heavy weapons MUST be limited to only being able to target a single type of vehicle... the Heavy should have to choose if his blaster will damage turrets, ground vehicles, or aircraft... being able to hit all 3 is just OP.
    4. Being able to heal with NO effort is completely unfair considering the Heavy's already large health pool and shield. Implement a cap on healing to 50 damage AT MOST!
    5. The shield is probably the most OP ability the Heavy has and it functionally makes him stronger than any Enforcer. To fix this, the Heavy should be completely stationary with the shield deployed, and the shield should only provide 150 damage reduction AT MOST!
    Six. It is really unfair that a Heavy can wipe an entire squad respawn... as such, the Heavy weapons should induce a 30% weapon heat penalty for every kill without reloading... this will prevent a Heavy wiping an entire respawn while still being balanced!
    7. Cap the number of Heavy players in a match at 2 per side... anything more than this completely breaks immersion. Look at a storm trooper battalion... how many Heavy troops do you see!? That's right, not many. Besides, if a lot of players are using something, it is by definition OP and at least needs to be looked at...

    With these common sense changes, I firmly believe that the Heavy will be much more balanced and enjoyable to play and will not be spammed constantly in every match I am in.

    In summary, the Heavy is OP (this is well known by the majority of players... in fact over 93.7% of players have found the Heavy to be completely gamebreaking). My solutions are common sense and will significantly improve balance within the game... if you can't see this, then you are probably just upset that I am finally showing the world how big a CRUTCH you are using to unfairly exploit your way to victory!

    Your arguments do not make sense at all. Most of them are just based in your biased perception of the situation and/or an idealistic scenario of how you think things should be. Please stop posting spam on the forums. Cheers
  • Bahlam wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Many of you are aware that I have been a devout follower of the cult of Heavy since the onset of this game. I have proselytized from on high (and low) the virtues of the Heavy as being the best class in this game... I finally have have come to the point where I can no longer live with myself and the terrible guilt for what I have done in promoting the Heavy playstyle...

    I call on the DEVS and anyone else who is listening to heed my call to action... The Heavy MUST be NERFED!!! I know, many of you are shocked... I can hear it now "what has t3bar0n been smoking in that pipe" (legal in California thank you), and "Has The Emperor fried his brain with too much force lightning!?" I am here to tell you my brothers and sisters, that nothing could be further from the truth! The Heavy is truly a POISON to this game and a CRUTCH used only by those who even lack the skill to be successful as an Officer!

    I now present to you irrefutable evidence that the Heavy is overpowered...

    1. The Heavy is overpowered.
    B. The Heavy has more health than any other basic class, which is unfair and is a crutch only needed by terrible players.
    C. I have killed LITERALLY hundreds of heroes/villains with the Heavy... in no way can this be balanced.
    4. The Heavy has WAY too many weapons at its disposal to be in any way fair... they have amazing blasters, they can kill vehicles actively OR passively, and then can even engage AIRCRAFT! No other class is this versatile with NO drawbacks!
    6. The health pool of the Heavy can heal to full with NO effort needed... this facilitates camping with the Heavy for the entire match as good players will not die.
    Seven. The SHIELD... need I say more!? The shield functionally makes the Heavy have more health than any Enforcer and this is appalling! Not only that, but you can move while the shield is deployed... Who in their right mind thought this would be OK?
    8. The Heavy can LITERALLY kill an entire respawn without reloading, this is just unfair!
    9. Spider Walking... the Heavy can walk up walls using his Sentry ability, this is a GAMEBREAKING which has been IGNORED!
    10. Too many people play Heavy.

    Below I have attached a video showing just how atrociously OP the Heavy is...



    Ok, so now I have some solutions to these problems which will bring the Heavy in line with the rest of the classes that don't need crutches to do well...

    A. The OP'ness of the Heavy should be reduced to bring him in line with actual skilled classes (like Officers).
    1. Reduce the health of the Heavy to 100, they have a 300 point shield, so they shouldn't need 200 health!
    2. If a Heavy starts to damage a Hero/Villain, Immediately begin a diminishing return damage reduction modifier on the Heavy which stacks every time they damage a Hero/Villain until reaching 0 damage dealt (to protect heroes). There is no WAY it is fair that a Heavy can kill multiple heroes.
    D. The Heavy weapons MUST be limited to only being able to target a single type of vehicle... the Heavy should have to choose if his blaster will damage turrets, ground vehicles, or aircraft... being able to hit all 3 is just OP.
    4. Being able to heal with NO effort is completely unfair considering the Heavy's already large health pool and shield. Implement a cap on healing to 50 damage AT MOST!
    5. The shield is probably the most OP ability the Heavy has and it functionally makes him stronger than any Enforcer. To fix this, the Heavy should be completely stationary with the shield deployed, and the shield should only provide 150 damage reduction AT MOST!
    Six. It is really unfair that a Heavy can wipe an entire squad respawn... as such, the Heavy weapons should induce a 30% weapon heat penalty for every kill without reloading... this will prevent a Heavy wiping an entire respawn while still being balanced!
    7. Cap the number of Heavy players in a match at 2 per side... anything more than this completely breaks immersion. Look at a storm trooper battalion... how many Heavy troops do you see!? That's right, not many. Besides, if a lot of players are using something, it is by definition OP and at least needs to be looked at...

    With these common sense changes, I firmly believe that the Heavy will be much more balanced and enjoyable to play and will not be spammed constantly in every match I am in.

    In summary, the Heavy is OP (this is well known by the majority of players... in fact over 93.7% of players have found the Heavy to be completely gamebreaking). My solutions are common sense and will significantly improve balance within the game... if you can't see this, then you are probably just upset that I am finally showing the world how big a CRUTCH you are using to unfairly exploit your way to victory!

    Your arguments do not make sense at all. Most of them are just based in your biased perception of the situation and/or an idealistic scenario of how you think things should be. Please stop posting spam on the forums. Cheers

    Heed OP’s message or not, your loss, but don’t try to ruin others chances of seeing the light.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!