criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

People run and hide in HvV... so let's fix it! (HvV game mechanic concept)

datdarnpig
12 posts Member
edited October 2018
So we all know that playing a match against good Luke,Boba and Maul players can be pretty tedious. Especially when playing HVV in a 4v4 map.

fgk2ytbig25i.gif

~TYPES OF COUNTDOWN TIMERS~
~H&R PENALTY~

A new timer that will be placed to limit the amount of running and hiding that can occur, the timer will be automated and issue a penalty point deduction if the timer reaches zero before the H&R Target team eliminates the target.

~DRAW PENALTY~

A secondary Timer placed sequentially after the first timer that will be airmailed as well after enough time has passed the draw penalty timer will reset the targets if no target is able to be eliminated.

c375asrtfx9u.gif

POINT SYSTEM

Gradually points will start to decrease the longer it take to defeat a target.

H&R TEAM

If the H&R Target team scores within 2 minutes of the first timer the point will awarded fully, if the they fail to do it within the first two minutes the first count down: half-point penalty timer will start and once it hits zero if the target H&R Team fails to eliminate H&R Target half point penalty is applied. Then another 2 minutes will go by if the H&R Target is still not caught within the next 2 minutes the second timer: draw timer starts counting down, if the both no target is eliminated within the duration of the second countdown the draw penalty is applied.

Non-H&R Team

The Non-H&R team can gain the full point anytime throughout the match until the draw timer hits 0. (This is because while non-hit and run character can barely outrun anyone on the opposing team but a H&R Target can spend the entire round running or hiding so it’s an unfair advantage, especially with characters Darth Maul and Boba Fett this will balance it out).

BOTH ARE H&R TARGETS

Both timers will still apply and both teams need to try and score within the first timers duration in order to gain a full point, this will encourage less running because then the opposing team can still lose points.

z4rbdjkkd27r.gif

PENALTY TIMER DURATIONS AND PENALTY TIMER INTERVALS

Intervals will sustain a total of 2 minutes before each timer starts, each penalty timer will lay a duration of 60 seconds, the first countdown timer is hit and run penalty countdown this will start two minutes into the round and after last for 60 seconds once the first countdown hits 0. Then two more minutes will go by and by that time the second count down timer: the draw count down timer will start and last for 60 seconds.

H&R TIMER FOR:
-Luke Skywalker
-Darth Maul
-Boba Fett

assimou423x5.gif

*BONUSES*
[Double XP]
teams without a H&R target will get bonus XP if they manage to kill the target after penalty timers if they killed target after the 1st timer x1/2.

[Non-H&R Target]
If the non-H&R Target survives the whole round team against H&R Target team bonus XP will be rewarded to non-H&R team.

[Last Minute Elimination]
If you kill the target within second timer duration you get bonus XP

HOW THIS WILL HELP

hoi4fgt64mmf.png

I think the statistics benefits will be shown thorough a significant decrease in the amount of hit & run players!

In all this will help minimize H&R gameplay Because it will no longer work as an effective strategy. The opposing team may rack up a few half point rounds, then they will still be gaining points at a significantly slower rate then a team who is playing fairly and most of the time winning the rounds. This is especially so because each team is only about 12.5%-25% H&R accessible characters, so on average that's less than a 30% chance that they’ll be selected more than twice per HvV Game. This means the opposing team that realizes that to win a match they will no longer be able to use this method Because running and hiding won’t be any where near as affective anymore.

-removed-
{MOD EDIT: Discussion of Moderation}
Post edited by F03hammer on

Replies

• MyLittleGreenFriend
    3238 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Yes.Yes.Yes!

Awesome concept! I'm thinking of @SomberingJace as a force ghost right now LOL.
  • Replace it with Heroes Unleashed. There...fixed.
  • Yes.Yes.Yes!

Awesome concept! I'm thinking of @SomberingJace as a force ghost right now LOL.

Hes somewhere... one with the force.
  • I have an idea, maybe there could be a radius around the target, and if enemies are not near the radius, a one minute timer will kick in, and if it reaches zero, they die and give a "target timed out" score of 100 to all the enemies. The counter also starts if they go a certain amount of time without moving that much, and attacking (so effectively the targets who are stuck in a wall to avoid confrontation). If an enemy target is far away, but attacking the timer won't start (since they're still participating), the target can't just shoot the ground though, it has to be near an enemy.

#JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • I have made a few post about altering HvV. I just quit out if the other team has a runner. I'd rather let them run around by themselves than waste my time.
  • Just ignore it. First match of day I play with rules, but the moment I see a runner or a camper I play it like Tdm for the rest of the day. Works for me

8dh69o72w6hm.jpg

• Clusterwatch
    165 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I dont like soo many penaltys....
  • I dont like soo many penaltys....

To be honest, I'm not sure how my ideas would work.
    I just thought of a new idea, maybe "out of bounds" areas (places where your safe from harm, like stuck in a wall, where no one can attack you, which is a glitch some people exploit) should be treated similarly to areas that are to far away from the objective (the actual out of bounds areas, which are grayed out on a map), in that if someone ends up where they shouldn't, hoping to avoid harm, they will instantly die (since you shouldn't be able to enter these spots in the first place, let alone leave), and it will give 1000 points each to everyone on the enemy team.

#JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • I honestly think Hero Blast would be better as an additional mode because I just don't see them drastically revamping this mode in such a way. They barely have the resources to do almost anything as it is.

Otherwise, I would just put a 1:00-2:00 minutes timer on each target. If both targets are alive at the end of 1-2 minutes then both sides lose a point. However, a team cannot win in this fashion. If one or both teams are at 1 to 1 score, then when the timer expires, new targets are selected instantly at random. This prevents the team in the lead from abusing the mechanic to score a win by running out the clock when the other team is down. This also keeps the core mechanics of the gamemode without significant overhaul yet forces both teams to actively engage (and the winning team can't win solely by running/camping down the clock.) Both sides losing a point keeps their point differential even and places pressure on would be runners by making it riskier for their team to win if they flee and timeout.
  • JediJulius wrote: »
    I honestly think Hero Blast would be better as an additional mode because I just don't see them drastically revamping this mode in such a way. They barely have the resources to do almost anything as it is.

Otherwise, I would just put a 1:00-2:00 minutes timer on each target. If both targets are alive at the end of 1-2 minutes then both sides lose a point. However, a team cannot win in this fashion. If one or both teams are at 1 to 1 score, then when the timer expires, new targets are selected instantly at random. This prevents the team in the lead from abusing the mechanic to score a win by running out the clock when the other team is down. This also keeps the core mechanics of the gamemode without significant overhaul yet forces both teams to actively engage (and the winning team can't win solely by running/camping down the clock.) Both sides losing a point keeps their point differential even and places pressure on would be runners by making it riskier for their team to win if they flee and timeout.

I don't like matches being on timers, but it might be a necessity (though, maybe no one loses a point, it just resets, and maybe the timer should be longer).
    I do, however, fully support the addition of hero blast.

#JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Unwarycoin wrote: »
    JediJulius wrote: »
    I honestly think Hero Blast would be better as an additional mode because I just don't see them drastically revamping this mode in such a way. They barely have the resources to do almost anything as it is.

I don't like matches being on timers, but it might be a necessity (though, maybe no one loses a point, it just resets, and maybe the timer should be longer).
    I do, however, fully support the addition of hero blast.

Yea I agree about no timers as sometimes when you're a no running away player with a good team, against a good enemy team. The matches can go longer if people play right and I wouldn't want a fight ruined because people simply played good.
    Timers could still be beat as boba just has to fly and land or shoot (to reset the timer) and then fly off again.
    I feel there needs to be something to change with as I had a terrible team the other night with the only way to win was to kill their target first. Couldn't be done as boba just bolted, such a beach
  • F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Closed due to discussion of moderation in OP.
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!