criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

[Megathread] EOR Matchmaking Issues

Replies

• I've mentioned this is a couple of these threads, but I've been getting matches that are more balanced since EOR MM started versus how game played in September and Early/October.

I've gotten forced out of lobbies. I've had to play a lot of the OT maps lately. There has been a longer wait between games. Between EOR MM and how game played in September/Early October, I prefer EOR MM.
  • I'm against the MM in its current form. Too much wait time.

Thing I don't understand is that Ben has repeatedly stated on social media that the reason Grievous/Anakin/Dooku/Obi Wan aren't in the game sooner is because they want a "finished product." Basically, their excuse is they don't want us beta testing incomplete heroes. Yet they will foist this obviously incomplete MM garbage on us. The doublespeak is aggravating.
  • grimmace2 wrote: »
    I'm against the MM in its current form. Too much wait time.

Thing I don't understand is that Ben has repeatedly stated on social media that the reason Grievous/Anakin/Dooku/Obi Wan aren't in the game sooner is because they want a "finished product." Basically, their excuse is they don't want us beta testing incomplete heroes. Yet they will foist this obviously incomplete MM garbage on us. The doublespeak is aggravating.

Apples and oranges...
  • Against. We shouldn't have to beta test a released, allegedly "complete" product. Proper matchmaking should've been included at launch.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • Piscettios wrote: »

bk3inrpstwfx.jpeg
    Stomp on this like Dengar does Ahsuck.

Not sure if dirtnap or catnap.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

• I agree, for the most part. The after-match matchmaking needs some TLC. I'd swear it was much better months ago, as far as repetitively on one side (HvV) or playing same maps over and over, or being put in a pre-match lobby with no other players, or being booted from the match prematurely........it's all quite frustrating.

Before, people may have had issues with how matchmaking was done, but at least it seemed more fair, balanced, and less buggy than now.
  • No map rotation or playing the same side twice in a row really make the game unplayable
  • at this point I think they just enjoy killing off the player base seriously remove this trash all ready.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • grimmace2 wrote: »
    I'm against the MM in its current form. Too much wait time.

Apples and oranges...

Not really. They are different aspects of the game, I'll agree, but the communication regarding the software update is not. On one hand we have: "We want more content," with a response of, "It's done, we're polishing it, don't want to release it until it is perfect." On the other hand we have, "Steamrolls are bad, fix it," with the response of, "We know it's not perfect but keep using the beta until we figure it out."

Why is, "we want it to be perfect before we release it" argument not suitable for both? Or, "keep playing this beta release until we figure it out" argument not suitable for both?
  • The lag is UNBEARABLE. It has completely destroyed my game and I'm still at the top, but I am not as great right now and it is really hurting my motivation to keep playing...

I think the corporation that manages Dice stopped paying one of their bills

It doesnt matter if I'm on the east coast, it doesnt matter if I am on the right ping, IT IS LAGGING no matter what they do. The matchmaking was unbearable but the lag that came with it is not acceptable
  • WodiQuix
    4572 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I haven't experienced the lag like others have, but I find it annoying that I'm cycled to a new map after every round. I enjoyed playing on both sides, attackers and defenders, on the same map.
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • EOR is trash, it makes the game unplayable.
  • The biggest issue I have with matchmaking is that, despite the suffering we need to go through, capable players play with people, who are still discovering which button shoots

8dh69o72w6hm.jpg

• MWB33
    1390 posts Member
    EOR MM is horrid. I'd gladly take the ping site issue returning, or face an 8 man squad of rebroken Palpagods than deal with this nonsense.
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • MWB33
    1390 posts Member
    I should add that today the lag is noticably worse. I played 5 rounds of extraction a few minutes ago to clear a couple of daily challenges. I played as rebels 3 straight matches between 2 as Empire. I lost count of how many times I lag died to imploders as many as FIVE SECONDS after it exploded.
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • I’d vote against this system if it were in its final state. It’s not. If it ends up being like this fully, then it’s an Epic Fail. Lobby shuffling should happen only when necessary and then only if said lobby has persisted for 3-5 matches of steamrolls. I think we’ll end up with a decent system. This isn’t the same as bug fixing. I caution a little more patience. Maybe my optimism is misplaced.

I agree. Though I have been experiencing issues with the matchmaking button. It will take up to 5-8 minutes of waiting before it actually even says you are being placed in a match. Sometimes it will just continue going on past that amount of time, but I have only experienced that once. I like the button though. I was in a match that got completely steamrolled, and then I clicked the button and it loaded me into a great match where the teams were evenly placed. It was awesome. So I would say the system is good, it just needs some major fixing.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • What system?
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    Not even willing to deal with it. Haven’t turned the game on in week.

bk3inrpstwfx.jpeg
    Stomp on this like Dengar does Ahsuck.

01gc5mln22o1.gif

If that vile creature does come to the battlefront I'll be sure to do my part.
    qsbh319r45ma.png

Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • unit900000
    3555 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    its improved some from when I played tonight it no longer kicks you to the menu or puts you in an empty server at least from my experience. it still needs some work you shouldn't be forced to matchmake and as others have said just shuffle the players around instead of switching servers.

at the very least the game is playable now unlike around a week ago were you could hardly play at all do to getting kicked to the menu and getting put in empty servers.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • RubyOx wrote: »
    Curious, most proponents who want map selection want to play the same map 4 times in a row. Or, they just want to avoid Jakku.

4 times a map i like > 4 times a map i dont like

I have often only time for 1 match GA, then it´s ridiculous to play a map i dont like.
  • Deanna_Tamura
    317 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I am against it as well, the forced part is just god awful, you are forced out of pretty well balanced matches into empty lobbies, which might fill up after a short wait or not, but often leading to totally unbalanced games.
    Give the players the decision if they want to use matchmaking at the end of the round or not.

In the HvV matches i played over the last days i noticed that it actively makes lobbies more unbalanced, by shuffling the good players of one team together or often ends up will all the new players from the match before on one side and the once with maxed out characters on the other.
    It's not fun to stomp on players who just started and still struggling with figuring out the best builds, mechanics and strategies to take out the opponents, for the new players it most be even worse and doesn't really encourage them to play this game.
  • Chico
    495 posts Member
    I vote against too, at least in the current state. My main gripe is that at least 50% of the time it is either Kashyyyk or Naboo that I am sent to after EOR MM. I haven't seen half the maps all week. I haven't seen much comment on this issue, wondered if other players are also finding this?

I have some hope that once 'testing' & 'tweaking' is complete the MM will be voluntary and if you don't click the button you will remain in the current lobby and map rotation. If that doesn't happen I think a huge portion of the player base will abandon this game. There is only so many times you can try and capture the turbotanks or get past the corridor choke points against a gazillion wookies and Yoda before you will lose the will to live.
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    its improved some from when I played tonight it no longer kicks you to the menu or puts you in an empty server at least from my experience. it still needs some work you shouldn't be forced to matchmake and as others have said just shuffle the players around instead of switching servers.

at the very least the game is playable now unlike around a week ago were you could hardly play at all do to getting kicked to the menu and getting put in empty servers.

Idk, tried playing GA yesterday. Won in a steamrolled then thrown into an empty server, then this thread got made. Got kicked to the main menu twice 2 days ago too.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • This EOR Matchmaking system is putrid. It should be consigned to the nearest black hole and never seen or used again.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    System sucks, kicks you out of lobbies and gives you a brand new empty one, they JUST fixed the ping issues and the Xbox connectivity stuff and now like they RUIN it again. If it aint broken DONT TRY TO FIX IT!!! WRITE THAT DOWN DICE.

but honestly, im getting less games, laggier games, empty lobbies and weapon shots are not registering damage. All thanks to EOR matchmaking.
  • I've rarely had problems with it, but I rarely had issues with the old system, so I don't care either way.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    just played 1 round of a full lobby, kicks me out and places me in my own lobby, +1 DICE thanks!
  • r28xhwy1752v.jpg

No no no
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Did you know, there are those who would shatter our hopes for finding servers, having fun, and enjoying the game?

Yes, this is yet another EoR Matchmaking thread, there is a reason there is so many of them.
    And yes the opening line and title is a reference to John Henry Eden from Fallout 3, cookies for those who knew that.

Because that can be the only explanation for why this system is still in place.

What we have now:

Being FORCED to leave servers (words cannot describe how much I hate this)

Being thrown into empty servers. (Most times after you've been part of a full game but he "matchmade" afterwards)

Being kicked out of a server and sent to the main menu with an "Error 1066" Message.

Playing the lightside 4 times in a row in HvV.

Playing the same few maps over and over again.

Having 0 control of what maps you play (you could use the rotation to at least get an idea before, not anymore).

0 Change in who I'm being matched with, still being put into servers with level 1 Reys and all purple hands are still rare and steamrolls are just as common.

I refuse to believe that this EoR MM system is good for the game, I know literally 0 people who like/think this is working. Yet it is still turned on.

So as the title says, let's take a tally who here actually likes this system?

Fallout 3 reference anyone. Love that game can’t wait for fallout 77 for old West Virginia. Hope my town is it. lol
  • Oh, sure.
    TALLY-HO! *waves*
    (I'll see myself out as well :smile: )

PS: And, no. I don't like the system as it is.
  • Against the EOR MM, it's trashtastic garbage with a twist of poo. It stinks. I just cash in my daily crate, do a daily challenge or two if it's an arcade mode challenge, then I put this pile of hot garbage away to forget how much money I've spent on this game pre-ordering and in crystals trying to support it. It's a game I enjoyed but the EOR MM has stolen that joy so they will get no more support from me in any form.

This was said to be a test. Another lie in the long list of lies just like the long list of bugs, glitches, and game breaks. The "test server" and our "test environment" are obvious lies. Just throw it on the large pile of lies with the others. Just like claiming to listen to the community. We've spoken and the message should be pretty loud and clear by this point. But claims of listening to us are again just another lie.
  • bfloo
    15943 posts Member
    With the lag it bought on X1 I haven't even touched the game since they turned it on.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• But they did listen. They’re only trying to develop EoR MM because we asks them, er... Negative, we screamed and hollered at them for months to to it. It’s not finished. The matches are more balanced on average, the lobby swapping is poorly executed. Patience, young padawans... ‘tis a virtue.
  • OOM19
    2833 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »

OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png

OUT AM I?!
    I live again
    I am ROMG4 or is ROMG4 me? If I am ROMG4 who am I? If ROMG4 is me who is he what is he? If I am him who or what am I?

If this is conscious does that mean I know I am ROMG4 or not, is ROMG4 me? or Is it not

Gone forgotten, out of board and into the pan of ghost fire and diatrabe of sadness no one AVENGED ME how could this be. 2 years I exist I help, I talk, I contribute, I speak, no one helped me no aide, no one all alone in the dark of the night where dark things lurk in the more of subconscious thought and that which lurks bellow and beyond the veil of madness and the unknown

Space and Asteroids ROMG4
  • CypressHorn
    310 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Empire_TW wrote: »

Idk, tried playing GA yesterday. Won in a steamrolled then thrown into an empty server, then this thread got made. Got kicked to the main menu twice 2 days ago too.

I do wonder if MM sucks more for elite players. Game figures out player x (more likely party x with a 2+ elite players) is causing uneven match and boots them to try to find someone(people) that can balance them out in a different lobby. Granted if done right, elite players should be getting better matches against other elite players more often. Downside would be getting forced out of matches and more time between matches.
  • Its pretty bad, but it doesn't make the game unplayable like some are saying.
    Annoying at best but not unplayable.

Plz dont kill me
    giphy.gif

“Pessimism never won any battle.”
    -Dwight D. Eisenhower

“Heroes may not be braver than anyone else. They’re just braver five minutes longer.”
    -Ronald Reagan
  • awakespace
    1179 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I hate it

Ruining the game for me because I can't play with friends, can't stay in matches that are good, and can't play maps consistently

Also really aggravating me that DICE asked for our feedback but hasn't listened at all

Get rid of it or at least make it optional for each player to stay or be matchmade at the end of each map rotation
  • awakespace
    1179 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    If you are dead set on keeping this system, please use the button that you have already implemented. Make the EOR matchmaking optional - so that we can stay in the lobby if we want or leave if we want. This will end the issue and everyone will be happy.
    Post edited by EA_Tom on

Not me.
  • Yeah basically that.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Why would they be dead set on what imo is an inferior system. Why would they make a game where the possibility of playing the same map 5 times in a row is real. It’s an awful system imo but they have their reasons for keeping it I guess, would love to know what they are
  • awakespace wrote: »
    If you are dead set on keeping this system, please use the button that you have already implemented. Make the EOR matchmaking optional - so that we can stay in the lobby if we want or leave if we want. This will end the issue and everyone will be happy.

Thank you for saying this. I have been assuming, and hoping, that it will be so once all of the data collection and other tweaking is complete. Automatic lobby shuffling can’t possibly be the finished product. I mean... surely not.
  • Alright, I THINK this is where we are now.

Against: 28

For: 3
    hojevrxvarht.png
    Alright, I THINK this is where we are now.

Against: 28

For: 3
    This is not democracy, this is deaspotism

8dh69o72w6hm.jpg

• I play ps4 & don’t really have any issues with it
    PSN: DarthLando-