criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

[Megathread] EOR Matchmaking Issues

Replies

• Empire_TW wrote: »
    Alright, I THINK this is where we are now.

Against: 28

For: 3
    This is not democracy, this is deaspotism

This is a joke (post-launch service) above all things.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • 1 week and this pain is over, thanks for RockStar.
  • Mooncircle wrote: »
    1 week and this pain is over, thanks for RockStar.

Odds are it will get more patches in a week than this game has ever had in it's lifetime.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Jhereg_Faux
    332 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    When, when the games do seem balanced I contribute it more to the squad spawning system than the new EoR MM. Having the ability to mass spawn on an objective isn't about balance, it's about trooper numbers on the objective.
  • Totally agree

+1
  • I honestly didn't think that matchmaking could be any worse than it was in this game, since its clear that it never had a matchmaking system to begin with. But somehow, by implementing a matchmaking system, Dice has managed to make matchmaking even worse.

I can almost say that I hate this game now. No, I love this game, and this franchise. But I hate playing this game now. I think I might be done.

I would love to see Grievous and Obi Wan (3 years late) but, if history is any indication, they'll probably just break the game even further.

And that makes me sad.
  • I just can't believe in the past year this game has been one constant disaster after disaster, this matchmaking is just another step in the wrong direction.

I can't believe these devs are still in a job, cause if i made this many mistakes in any job from a bin man to a stock broker I'd be fired.

We have all paid good money just to be beta testers for a dev team that hasn't a clue what they are doing. They fix a chicken but don't fix more important bugs, they add matchmaking that happens after every game and I thought the purpose was to stop steam rolling, but it stops great matches by dismantling both teams on a competitive game.

Please can you just pass this game to devs that can actually fix it, you have had your chance and failed so bad for a year now, if I was one of the devs I'd be embarrassed to even say I work on this game, I've never know any game that had been so badly run as this.

I wish I never bothered buying this game from the psn store, wish I'd brought the disc so I could see how far I could throw it like a frisby.
  • These new reactions are cool wow.

Not as cool as having a properly functioning game.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • F03hammer wrote: »
    I thought was about Tallie Lintra ..
    Ideno why...

68cokwasgq3f.jpg
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Could not agree more. After playing tonight, first I've played since the matchmake update. This is really bad. So bad, tonight was the first time I've removed my battlefront 2 disc from PS4 in months.

Six more days to RDR2, I may not play battlefront 2 for a long time.
  • This makes sense, and there is a button, I don't know if it does anything yet though.
    I heard the answer is no, but I haven't tried it myself.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Unwarycoin wrote: »
    This makes sense, and there is a button, I don't know if it does anything yet though.
    I heard the answer is no, but I haven't tried it myself.

All the button does is put you in a empty lobby a few seconds quicker.
  • Could not agree more. After playing tonight, first I've played since the matchmake update. This is really bad. So bad, tonight was the first time I've removed my battlefront 2 disc from PS4 in months.

Seems they are purposely trying to lose players to RDR2.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • 420KingOnyx
    22 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    yeah I hate it
    that's why I uninstalled battlefront

• Against. Haven't turned the game on in days, not having any fun. What a shame. Way to take advantage of a loyal player base for beta tests.
  • SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    Having this matchmaking will kill this game, i don't get why they are doing it right after they fixed the ping issue. I just don't get whats going on at DICE.
  • I've never had a empty lobby, I just had one that took a few minutes to fill though.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • yeah I hate it
    that's why I uninstalled battlefront

I am more than convinced that the claims on Twitter of how this system is good are lies.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • 1 vote against. It also breaks the ping site and puts you into lobbies where you have extreme lag. I play on EU servers from South Africa and the MM is putting me on US Virginia lobbies where I have a ping of 280ms and network indicator turns red. On these servers I can play two seconds then freeze for 5 to 10 seconds rinse and repeat.

It completely breaks the game for me and I can no longer play.
  • Cadoth
    1058 posts Member
    I daresay just get rid of it
  • 1 Vote against. It just makes no sence.
  • Against. Haven't turned the game on in days, not having any fun. What a shame. Way to take advantage of a loyal player base for beta tests.

Same here. Stopped playing a week or so ago because of this nonsense.

Against.

pH
  • Yesterday I played for more than 3 hours on HvsV.

First I got a bad feeling about that. But matches were passing and I found that some of the enemies I found in my former games were my mates in the next and that the players with worst performance werent there, giving room for new players. Some matches were balanced, some others were not, but the gameplay was generally fun.

I really dont know if that behaviour was granted by the EOR system, but I must confess that I was quite satisfied with the results.

Anyone got better feelings in HvsV on these last hours?

PS: I was quite fine with how the things were going trough the matches so I never clicked the 'matchmake' button. So I really dont know what would have happened if i had clicked the button (but I guess maybe no difference).

PS2: I played on GA and things were not the same, from full servers with balanced games to semi full servers with some of the former teams joining both sides and new players filling up. But I noticed that some players were remaining sometimes even along 3 complete maps (with attack and defense parts), but in the enda most of the times the new lobby were fresh and Im certain that all or the most players were new.

Given the fact that we are not well informed by dev team about what the **** is this system doing, all that is left for us is speculating.
    Could not agree more. After playing tonight, first I've played since the matchmake update. This is really bad. So bad, tonight was the first time I've removed my battlefront 2 disc from PS4 in months.

Fine by me, one more week to go.
  • Mooncircle wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Could not agree more. After playing tonight, first I've played since the matchmake update. This is really bad. So bad, tonight was the first time I've removed my battlefront 2 disc from PS4 in months.

Yeah, they are killing the player base and don't care.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Liz4rD, very pleased it was working for you. My latest attempts have turned out well as well. Hopefully DICE get it right for everyone soon.

Judging by the lack of response in this thread I would guess that most people are still having poopy experiences and those who did have a decent experience possibly don’t want to share so they don’t go against the popular opinions.
    Somewhere between "the sky is falling" and "everything is awesome" lies the truth.
    Mooncircle wrote: »

Yeah, they are killing the player base and don't care.

I'm not sure they don't care, in fact, I'm almost certain they do care in the sense that the higher-ups want this dead. Now.

Let's not lie here, this game's losing money, and if it's not, it's just BARELY breaking even. Odds are part of the contract with Disney says something like "EA agrees to support the game to the best of it's ability until A. The number of active users drops bellow X, or B. Disney wants support to end".

The broken EOR matchmaking is likely a clever way to keep up the legal side of "supporting" the game, while also succeeding in making the number of active users drop.

Just my two cents, though.
    ==============================================================
    3ydnuscizll8.png
    Mygeeto CT thread + demo video!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/133499/outer-rim-community-transmission-demo-video-idea/p1
  • Title. Have we ever been given an explanation of how EOR matchmaking actually works? I know that me and @Empire_TW think that there is no matchmaking at all, and that we are just randomly thrown from lobby to lobby.
  • It is literally the same as if you are trying to get into a game from the main menu. In fact, if you are playing with a party and you back out by yourself it will say "name here has started a search" in the part box. It is forced server shuffling.
    hojevrxvarht.png
    It is literally the same as if you are trying to get into a game from the main menu. In fact, if you are playing with a party and you back out by yourself it will say "name here has started a search" in the part box. It is forced server shuffling.

That's what I think too. I just want a dev to come out and say something. We literally no nothing about how the matchmaking works.
  • It's a good thing the winning teams don't accumulate good players but seriously..the majority of the player base is ridiculous noobish. They have no idea what an objective is or simply do not care.
  • It's a good thing the winning teams don't accumulate good players but seriously..the majority of the player base is ridiculous noobish. They have no idea what an objective is or simply do not care.

But that's the thing. I don't think the matchmaking picks out good players or bad players. I think they just get randomly thrown from their lobby.
  • Meguro
    355 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    It's a good thing the winning teams don't accumulate good players but seriously..the majority of the player base is ridiculous noobish. They have no idea what an objective is or simply do not care.

But that's the thing. I don't think the matchmaking picks out good players or bad players. I think they just get randomly thrown from their lobby.
    I must be the only one constantly being put along people who have no clue on what the $#&@ they’re doing
    It is literally the same as if you are trying to get into a game from the main menu. In fact, if you are playing with a party and you back out by yourself it will say "name here has started a search" in the part box. It is forced server shuffling.

That's what I think too. I just want a dev to come out and say something. We literally no nothing about how the matchmaking works.

I do as well but I doubt that will ever happen.
    It doesn't take long playing during this EOR MM "test" to tell that no weight is placed on any kind of stats.
    There is no possible way this is anything other than random server shuffle/server population.
    They haven't said that, but everything that Ben has said about the progress they're making has been focused on time between matches and map rotation (which, to be fair, has improved).
    Nothing has been said about progress made concerning player skill, level, KDR, objective score etc. Sometimes what someone doesn't say, is as important as what they say.
    Versatti wrote: »
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.
  • Dash
    11573 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Match Making works as follows:

Start at 1:25 for instant understanding of the reference.

:wink:

#RobinWilliamsForever :sunglasses:
    #WorthTheWatchGuaranteed 100%
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• I think the amount against it is 36 now.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    Allot of negative threads, your "positive" testing vs the HUGE negative threads doesn't make any sense, not sure what type of testing you are doing but it ain't working.

Played a game where my flametroopers damage output was normal, next game I play or next lobby it's like not even tickling the enemy players. I don't get it, how does 1 server give proper damage output and another decreases your weapon effectiveness? Is it lag or what becaus ei seem to die fast and the animations are matching?

Seen players running and then frozen, can still kill them and they die but like they are frozen. rubber banding slightly, troops not showing up on radar while shooting. even hero/villains arent appearing on radar. The detonation delay for the wookiee's thermal imploder is broken, the AOE from the flametroopers Fire imploder is broken and has the same explosion radius as the Woo's Thermal Imploder with no animation field, like it';s just weird.

Please either turn it off or give like an option, I find a game and it's a FULL lobby, then play a round and FORCED to look for another lobby and it's empty.
  • NomiSunstrider
    2389 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I only notice shuffling. I don't know whether it takes into account previous performance. I have noticed top players being mixed around the next round but I don't know whether it was just random or on purpose.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    It forces you into a different region too I believe so lag comes into the equation

yeah it does, i dont get why, like you fix the ping issue and then do it again? like DICE pls why
  • SVEJ
    1162 posts Member

You do know it changes regions as well? I was in 1 server and no issues, then got shuffled into another lobby and had the connection icon appear. So we are actually back into the matchmaking prior to the Ping Site fix.
  • It stinks in HvV. Always getting put on a team with the last people I beat the target out of. Why would I wanna be on their team ever?
  • They just need kill game before bf5
  • My biggest problem is playing on the same 4 maps every day. I want to be able to play in all eras.
  • Everytime it matchmakes for me, it does one of two things. Either it sends me to a lobby that’s empty, or it creates the teams so there is 2+ known names on enemy team and none on mine (If you’re not counting me.) Literally every single one of these games end up the same way, the other teams players go like 60, 60, 50, 50 and so on in eliminations while I go like 30 (Because my teammates suck) and my teammates all are below doubledigits except for one that that will max get 29.

Another thing that often happens is I get matched up against whole different groups of like 10 people with communication over and over again. (I can tell they are calling out.) This system isn’t random, and I wish it was. This system is an unbalancing system if you have a player with my level of stats or higher in the server. It’s absolutely ****. Somebody alluded to that this system would be **** over the best player in the server or atleast best player statswise while putting pretty much all the other good players on the enemy team and they are right. It is disgusting and if they don’t turn this system off I will never buy a dice or ea game again. All this catering to bad players who won’t take the effort to learn the game anyways makes me sick. First the dumb weekend ”events” catering to them and now this.

Let me ask you people this, if you have a person with a 5.0 kd ratio, and two people with 2.5 kd ratios and lets say all the other people in the server have 1.0 kds. Will the team with the 5.0 guy win or the team with the 2.5 guys? Cause I will tell you as a fact that if each of these three players play the objective the 2.5 guys are going to win every time. This is a team game period and I don’t care how good you are or how high your stats are, if there is double or more good players on the enemy team your team is destined to lose. And that is what this ”balancing system” dosen’t get. If the enemy team has double the amounts of people with a kd over 1.0, good luck, not that it matters, your team is going to lose anyways.

None of these matches are ever close as you can guess. I got more balanced games before matchmaking, close games never happen for me now.

So, now we know that the system, because it is a system, makes games based around either balancing out stats which dosen’t work especially not with players like me like I explained earlier or a system that just tries to screw the person with the highest stats no matter what. We already know that they keep stats from players archived.
  • I don't like it because of how it is.
    Versatti wrote: »
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.
  • I am against. It is obviously removing you from a good connection server to one that has alot of latency for you. Utterly ridiculous...
    I have a feeling, if the game lasts that long, that in the end we may simply end up with same lobby shuffling, you know, the thing everybody points out to DICE is the only thing needed.