criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Having lightsabers turned off makes you "invisible"

Clusterwatch
165 posts Member
edited October 2018

Lightsaber turned off + "good" hiding spot + blind enemies = escaping fight or even death

I can already see people asking why did I hide when there was only Luke coming,well I was expecting Chewbacca and other REBEL SCUMS to come too...

Replies

• BoothStick wrote: »
    Yoda on Endor... Night map with saber off... oh it's an O.P. Saber Ambush waiting to happen.

Lil' Green Death coming out of the darkness. Feel guilty doing it
    28ea6aufdu9n.jpeg

Don't forget yoda on night kashyyyk
  • truth here...I have never actually figured out how to turn off my laser sword. Anyone want to show me how that works on Xbox?
    Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...

• I always turn it off when not in combat.

The lightsaber on is like having a bullseye on your back.
  • univurshul wrote: »
    truth here...I have never actually figured out how to turn off my laser sword. Anyone want to show me how that works on Xbox?

Hold ‘Y’
  • Liz4rD wrote: »
    I always turn it off when not in combat.

As do I. However, even that benefit is quickly negated when the ridiculous lack of forethought that is auto-engaged opponent banter ensues, giving away positioning immediately.

So. Very. Frustrating.

Honestly, I could play as Chirrut Imwe and use nothing but sound to have a 50/50 chance of winning an encounter.
  • Azelrazel wrote: »
    BoothStick wrote: »
    Yoda on Endor... Night map with saber off... oh it's an O.P. Saber Ambush waiting to happen.

Lil' Green Death coming out of the darkness. Feel guilty doing it
    28ea6aufdu9n.jpeg

Don't forget yoda on night kashyyyk

@Azelrazel oh Night on Kashyyyk is Super Predator with Yoda. However, the most OP Map & Phase with Yoda... Night Map, Mos Eisley, and on Phase 2. With all the little cover areas, corners, and head glitchy peaking spots it's pretty O.P. with Yoda. Then add the ability to retract Yoda's lightsaber... I stop hearing John William's Iconic Star Wars music. Instead I start hearing this piece of John William's brilliance:

" Going to need a bigger boat, you are. Yes, hmmm " Yoda
  • @BoothStick I haven't played him too much on night mos eisley, I'll need to give that a shot
  • Omniscient wrote: »
    univurshul wrote: »
    truth here...I have never actually figured out how to turn off my laser sword. Anyone want to show me how that works on Xbox?

Hold ‘Y’

Cheers. Thanks bro
    Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...

• Azelrazel wrote: »
    @BoothStick I haven't played him too much on night mos eisley, I'll need to give that a shot

Oh @Azelrazel you should... and yes you should feel super filthy using Yoda at night on Mos Eisley. His Battlepoint Cost should be 8,000 for that map at night.
  • Omniscient wrote: »
    Liz4rD wrote: »
    I always turn it off when not in combat.

As do I. However, even that benefit is quickly negated when the ridiculous lack of forethought that is auto-engaged opponent banter ensues, giving away positioning immediately.

So. Very. Frustrating.

Honestly, I could play as Chirrut Imwe and use nothing but sound to have a 50/50 chance of winning an encounter.

• This. Very frustrating
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    How do you turn off lightsaber on PS4?
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    I make it a habit to always turn off my lightsaber when not engaging in active combat.

It's a good habit to get into.

Same here.

I always turn my lightsaber off. I loved that when they added that feature to the game.
  • Danxoln wrote: »

@Danxoln Its Triangle Button
  • I'm a big fan of the off button as well. I've been switching it off habitually since they added the feature (caught myself hitting Y when I spawned in as a trooper in Blast the other day lol).

Even when it's not night time, it's a lot easier to sneak up on folks when you're not carrying a giant glow stick. Also helps if you can get places without triggering any automatic doors nearby. ;)

ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Danxoln wrote: »

Hold Triangle.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"